Ammirato Construction Inc.

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2008

3022 Neal Avenue

San Jose, CA 95128

Contact Ammirato Construction Inc. in San Jose, CA, for further information about our construction services and remodeling services for historical and new constructions.

12/23/2014

Ruth W.

We had a great experience with John (owner), Matt (project manager) and all his subs on the job. This was my first remodel, and they did a great job of providing direction, being available for guidance when needed, and directing us to quality vendors who were also really helpful. We didn't have any of the nightmare issues you hear about with contractors. Communication was good - I knew what was going on and they were responsive. They have a great project site so you can see everything in one place. One thing I appreciated was that when we ran into obstacles (which are certain to occur), they would update me in a very matter of fact way, prepared with a recommended solution. No drama creating that feeling of dread, "oh no, what now?" The best thing of all was the quality of the work. John and Matt have high standards so they would typically catch any problems before I ever noticed them. The few things that I did catch, they just took care of. The job did take longer than initially communicated, but that didn't matter in our case. I'd rather have it take longer and go well. It would have been helpful to have some guidance on material selection in terms of impact on budget. When we started, there was a designer who was going to help with that and she left Ammirato shortly after we got started, so that didn't happen. That said, I'm not sure I would have changed any of the selections we made. I will definitely use them again, and would recommend them to anyone doing any kind of remodeling!

Description of Work
We remodeled both of our bathrooms, one after the other so we'd have a working bathroom all the time. One of the bathrooms was a pretty major remodel as we moved walls, doors, and plumbing. The other was just updating everything - tub, tile, glass, counter, floor, fixtures...

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

08/27/2014

Alejandro A.

It was excellent. He was extremely knowledgable. He was cheap but high quality. He has all his own guys which kept the costs down. He was able to work around the PGE schedule. He is a good honest guy.

Description of Work
They added a room, moved a bathroom, and added a pantry and a storage room.

08/25/2014

Lori H.

It was excellent. The guy is great. He is super punctual and professional. He is very knowledgable. It took 3 months to finish the remodel. I expected a lot and got a lot.

Description of Work
They remodeled the kitchen, dining room, and living room. He completely gutted the areas. He removed a fireplace. He did all the granite and tile.

03/18/2014

David C.

The quote they gave was too expensive.

Description of Work
Ammirato Construction, Inc. quoted for us for bathroom remodeling.

Category home remodeling

02/25/2014

Glen S.

Ammirato Construction Inc did work for me about a year and a half ago. I have worked with them in the past. The work went fine so we did it again. They had the price performance which made me hire them again.

Description of Work
Ammirato Construction Inc did general house repair before I sold the house.

10/08/2013

diane S.

Today, October 7th, after weeks of waiting to hear from him, we got a bid for over 100k. We were flabbergasted. We had spent $8500 for plans and permits that we cannot use. Since then we have spoken to other contractors who said a firm bid should come upfront with a small margin for error. They also all said that a bathroom of the size John quoted could not be done for under $100K and he should have known that and told us up front. We wrote and said we did not want to work with him. He is very distracted and unprofessional and can't say no to a project when he should. What a waste of time and money.

Description of Work
We met with John to discuss a bathroom addition for no more than 50-60k. He was referred to us by our realtor who thought that was a reasonable amount for the job. John did agree that it might be tight but that it would be the goal. This was in March of this year. Each time we met he would come back with completely different information than we had talked about the previous time. We thought he was mixing us up with other projects. We eventually asked for follow up notes after each meeting to try and stay on track, but even that didn't work well. We thought we might be getting there in August, although he kept making excuses for being way behind schedule. We had to keep after him which was a pain. We were supposed to break ground in mid Sept. but we still had no firm bid and he was way behind.

Category home builders

10/11/2012

Anne T.

John was very thorough with estimate and kept me statused thru-out job. Workers were punctual and clean. John provided guidance on ideas for house and was very professional.

Description of Work
Window replacement, door replacement, drywall.

Category drywall, replacement windows, doors

06/15/2012

Srinivasan M.

Started & finished job on time. There was no construction debris John followed up to make sure we were satisfied. Installer made a very helpful suggestion to reverse opening direction.

Description of Work
Install custom door with matching jamb & casing in archway.

Category doors

03/09/2012

Lori H.

John was there from start to finish. He is very professional; detail oriented, stays in contact, always available and he doesn?t miss a Thing!! His staff and the subcontractors he uses are very knowledgeable, professional, talented, and friendly. The work they do is outstanding! I would have every one of them back again. Loved the job site was kept clean with no large dumpster in front of the house. We are extremely happy with our experience with John and we love new master suite! We would recommend John for all size projects. You can't go wrong! We are definitely planning on using Ammirato Construction again!

Description of Work
John Ammirato from Ammirato Construction helped us designed a beautiful master suite which included adding over 200 square feet to our home. Original master bedroom, bath and closet were gutted and turned into the bedroom, sitting and exercise area. He added a gorgeous travertine bathroom, large walk in closet and French doors leading into the back yard.

02/18/2012

Diane R.

We hired Ammirato Construction to do some touch up work after we bought a new house. Ammirato Construction came highly recommended by our real estate agent. John Ammirato, the owner of Ammirato Construction, was great! He was prompt, professional, fair, and did top-quality work. Although the house was new construction, there were some things that my husband and I wanted changed such as the kitchen backsplash. John was very patient with us as we first had him install one backsplash, decided the color we chose was too dark, and had him remove it and replace it with another backsplash. After the great job he did with the backsplash, we hired him to make other changes such as switching out wooden panels for etched glass panels in our kitchen cabinets, installing soft-close drawers in the kitchen and bathroom, etc. Everything he did was high quality, reasonably priced, and completed on time. Another thing I really appreciated was the thorough clean-up he did after each job. He was very conscientious and had great attention to detail. Working with him was such a pleasure that my husband and I wish there were more jobs we could hire him for! He's the best! My husband and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Install kitchen backsplash, install shower enclosure, install wall-mounted, illuminated bathroom mirror, install glass in kitchen cabinets, install soft-close drawers in kitchen and bathroom, replace faulty light fixture in master bedroom closet, interior paint touch-ups, paint exterior exhaust pipe and vent.

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

01/26/2012

elizabeth F.

ll"

Description of Work
We asked John to bid on a remodel for a kitchen and bathroom together with some other work He had received excellent reviews on Angie's List. John turned up on time for our initial meeting, was courteous and appeared knowledgable. The remodel schedule was very tight and upfront we asked him to only get involved if he could work within our time constraints and budget, He assured us he could, was available in the time window and could deliver a written bid to us within a week to 10 days. We waited and chased, waited and chased and eventually after 3-4 weeks he gave a verbal estimate that required a lot more steps to become a firm bid and was completely outside our original budget scope including some prices that were so wild they couldn't be taken seriously. John admitted to us that he had "dropped the ball". However the inefficiencies and lack of professionalism in responding to us resulted in us losing confidence in Ammirato Construction and losing the available window to undertake the work.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

It is unfortunate that the client had such a bad experience with their remodeling project. We certainly had no intention of misleading them. Ammirato Construction feels we were not the root cause of this client’s frustrations. At our initial meeting we were informed of several factors which we believe had the client frustrated and stressed long before we met. • Project had been going on for sometime now (months) and they were running out of time before her daughter started back to college • Only partial permits for work had been pulled with City of Palo Alto • She already had a contractor but was not happy and was looking to replace him • She lived in Southern California and was driving back and forth Also at that initial meeting, we were honest and stated that we felt her budget and timeline were tight but we would do what we could to help. However, after reviewing the array of disorganized documents and other issues, from permitting to limited condo access, we felt it was best to verbally inform client we couldn’t meet her expectations. We never submitted a formal bid, but did verbalize, send an e-mail and returned all her documents by mailing them back to Southern California. Though we are not perfect, Ammirato Construction did what we could towards assisting client with their project with professionalism, customer service, and fair pricing. Though Ammirato Construction does not expect to be awarded every project, we do wish everyone a successful and positive remodeling experience. “Hire licensed, insured contractors only”

09/27/2011

Kimberly K.

He was the reason why we joined Angie’s List. He is great and fabulous. The name of the owner id John and he is very detail oriented. He takes a lot of pride in his work. There is no problem with prices and it always stays within the budget.

Description of Work
We used Ammirato Construction Inc for remodeling about five years ago. We also retiled our bathroom about a year and half ago.

05/22/2011

Glen S.

The job took about as long as expected which is about 20% longer than quoted. But the job costs didn't increase any more than I expected (scope creep isn't the contractor's fault, it's the customers). The final product was a deck that was completely waterproof. I know this because there was 2 weeks of solid rain right after they put on the schluter waterproofing but before the slate. Not a drop went into the garage. Everything drained perfectly, and there were no "pools" on my deck. The deck looks great, and we are enjoying it. Thanks, John and team!

Description of Work
When I bought my new house the top deck which was made of slate had all been cracked. The waterproof seal was broken and water was leaking into the garage below. John's job was the tear off the existing slate and seal, then apply 3 different types of waterproof sealing, fix 3 drains which were leaking, and finally put on slate at the correct angle so that it would drain correctly into the 3 different drains on the deck. Finally, he needed to fix the damage in the garage.

Category decks, remodeling

12/08/2010

Jeanne G.

Wow, Ammirato Construction is amazing! They did a great job on our remodel and addition. John Ammirato is a fantastic project manager and general contractor who helped us stay on schedule and on budget. He kept a spreadsheet that he updated regularly that told us what decisions we needed to make and when we needed to make them so there were no delays. He advised us along the way about general design choices to help us create cohesive interior and exterior spaces. We had weekly meetings on site with John to discuss the progress and make decisions. He went out of his way to meet us when it fit our schedule. He was quick to respond to emails and phone calls and we felt like we could contact him at any time with questions or concerns. The communication throughout the entire project was excellent. John?s crew and sub contractors were all very friendly and professional. They did great work and followed all codes and city requirements. They were able to finish our project on time even though we added on several large projects towards the end (building a front porch and back deck, replacing the driveway, painting the interior, a new exterior stucco coat). It was obvious to us from the beginning that John really cared about the quality of materials and work and never accepted anything less than the best. He made sure we were happy with the quality and addressed concerns seriously and quickly. Ammirato Construction took our outdated house and turned it into a modern, safe, and beautiful home. We?re so glad we had the opportunity to work with them and will definitely hire them for any projects we have in the future.

Description of Work
Complete interior and exterior remodel. Addition of a 400 sq ft master suite. Addition of a front porch and back deck. Replaced driveway.

11/15/2010

Kathy Hurley M.

The advice I got from Gordon, the plumber, and John, from Ammirato Construction Inc., was straightforward. They had excellent project management skills and they got me out of a ditch that was driving me crazy! John got everything done and done the right way. The bathroom looks very nice now. We had them do some additional work in the house so we had them repaint the bathroom and bedroom and they filled some drywall in a bedroom. We will be using them again in the future for some remodeling of kitchen. If we had gone with Ammirato Construction in the first place we would have paid about $6000.00 less due to restocking of products and non compliance issues and products that could not be used.

Description of Work
They basically rescued us. We were having our bathroom remodeled and I was recommended to this company by Gordon who was a plumber. He told me what all of the issues were and they recommended Ammirato Construction Inc and I wished I had gone with them from the beginning. We had to rip out what the first company started and the design had to be redone. John and Gordon worked with me to make sure I had as much space as possible. I found at a design center some of the pieces and then I had the cabinet made. I was going to put in a hot tub and they said I would not have enough water to have a hot tub in the bathroom and to keep it warm. They really provided some valuable insight on a hot tub in my bathroom. I wished I had heard these details from the first company since we had to tear everything out and start over from the beginning.

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

03/09/2010

Phil H.

John Ammirato and his team (Santiago, Daniel and Matt) were so good to us. As our new construction windows were being installed into our 1947 house, the installers began to find a lot of rot and water damage. Kirt Huggins of Golden State Stucco was working with us, and he recommended Ammirato Construction Inc. John came out that very day and had many great ideas for us - particularly at the beginning when things were chaotic and moving fast, he suggested slowing things down to make sure that they were done correctly. While the idea seemed ludicrous (because we felt like we weren?t able to do that for fear of holding up other contractors), he was right on target. He and his team came in and worked REALLY hard for several weeks to rectify all the ?problems? that were discovered and uncovered. It turned out to be a much larger piece of work than any of us had anticipated. John was able to give us guidance on everything from obtaining permits from the city to where to look at gable vent samples. His prices were very reasonable, particularly in light of how responsive he and his team were to our needs. John is hardworking and a stand up guy. He and his team are trustworthy and so we had the feeling of being in good hands. Thank you to all of you!

Description of Work
The Ammirato team did framing and repairs to all the water damage that was uncovered while we were doing some other renovations. They installed 2 exterior doors, repaired and leveled our living room floor, built a crawl space cover and installed a Trex Artisan railing system.

Category contractors, remodeling

09/12/2008

PETER S.

The job started on time & was completed within one week. The workers were courteous and neat. The quality of the work was top notch.

Description of Work
We had a wood stove removed. The ceiling and roof were repaired where the stovepipe used to be. The wood flooring was patched to fill in where the firewall was. We also upgraded the recessed lighting in the house.

RS Remodeling & Restoration LLC

Hi guys! I'm Rodrigo and we are experts in bathroom and kitchen remodeling. We approach projects with a strong work ethic, careful attention to detail, and extensive experience in flooring and remodeling. The remodeling process is transformative work that I thoroughly enjoy. Clients appreciate our skill, reliability, and ability to listen to design needs. I can help you if your project needs. I'm excited about the possibility of working with you. Call me or text me for more information.

Cuevas Lumber & Fence

We are here to meet all your building needs, whether you need fencing, decking, arbors, trellises, walls, gates or other outdoor construction. We have over 30 years of combined experience and will work with you on all phases of design and construction. To beautify your home, contact us now. Our experienced team can get started right away. We will design and build your dream.

Skyline Landscapes, Inc.

Artificial Grass Installation, Brick Masonry, Demolition, Gazebo Design & Construction, Hardscaping, Hedge Trimming, Irrigation Repair, Land Leveling & Grading, Landscape Construction, Landscape Drainage System Installation, Landscape Maintenance, Lawn Care, Lawn Mowing, Lawn Seeding, Lawn Treatment & Fertilization, Masonry, Mulching, Pergola Construction

construction services, remodeling services, san jose, ca

We do not offer home repair handyman services, unless it is part of a larger scope of the project. We do not offer fencing, retrofit window replacements, single interior door replacement or single trade services such as painting.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Ammirato Construction Inc.

How is Ammirato Construction Inc. overall rated?

Ammirato Construction Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Ammirato Construction Inc. open?

Ammirato Construction Inc. is open:

Does Ammirato Construction Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Ammirato Construction Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Ammirato Construction Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Ammirato Construction Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Ammirato Construction Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Ammirato Construction Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Ammirato Construction Inc.?

Yes, Ammirato Construction Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Ammirato Construction Inc. offer?

Ammirato Construction Inc. offers the following services: construction services, remodeling services, san jose, ca

Are there any services Ammirato Construction Inc. does not offer?