ACA Remodeling Design

Founded 2010 • With Angi since November 2011

1630 Oakland Rd. Ste A209

San Jose, CA 95131

ACA Remodeling Design has been remodeling kitchens and bathrooms for residential clients throughout the Bay Area since 2010. We are known for our custom and semi-custom cabinet installations, but our remodeling and design capabilities also extend to countertops, windows and doors, flooring, moulding and accents, entertainment centers, and more. Additional email - info@acaremodelingdesign.com. Additional DBA - A C A Remodeling Design....

04/16/2015

Ellen H.

we have not heard back from him.

Description of Work
Carlos agreed to visit our property to bid on a remodel and house expansion. He did not show up, and did not call. He has not responded to the e-mail asking what happened. If there is an emergency or something like that, I could still let him bid, but the lack of communication is a danger sign as we start this project

Category remodeling, woodworking

03/19/2015

Michael B.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom. Very responsive and dependable. |The wrong color grout was used on tile floor and shower. |Without any hesitancy they regrouted the entire room. |Very satisfied with them.

11/24/2014

Brenda W.

Description of Work
He remodeled my entire kitchen.

11/10/2014

Norma N.

Never contacted me.

Description of Work
Never contacted me

07/24/2014

Stephen M.

We had to point out most of the defects ourselves. There seemed to be a serious lack of quality control, especially regarding the cabinet paint coverage. The job was estimated at 4-6 weeks. They were not out until 10 weeks.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel.

Category home remodeling, interior painters

06/19/2014

Michael B.

ACA just completed a master bath remodel at our home and we were highly pleased with their professional work ethic and respect for our property. Carlos, the owner, is a courteous, friendly, professional who gave us support and design ideas. He accompanied us on a shopping trip to help us choose and purchase some of our materials for the job. We had a number of estimates and felt that ACA's estimate was very fair. His team of workers were also friendly, easy to work with and worked to finish the project in a timely manner. A few problems did occur, but Carlos was quick to resolve those issues to our satisfaction. We are very happy with our new master bath and will look to ACA for any future remodeling projects.

Description of Work
Completely remodeled master bath, including fixing existing problem from previous contractor, tiled guest bath and replaced outdated fixtures, installed electrical outlet in powder room and replaced outdated fixtures and tiled laundry room.

Category electrician, home remodeling

06/06/2014

Abha G.

Description of Work
Carlos came couple of times for preliminary kitchen remodel and design estimates. He provided estimates. However, he did not followup on my request to show cabinet sample and did not return my phone call.

05/10/2014

alfred C.

I was looking for a larger shower in the master bath and needed some water damaged floor replaced. ACA remodeling was the last contractor out of three that I interviewed. Carlos came up with many good suggestions and talked me out of some bad ones that some of the previous contractors had suggested. Carlos was able to produce what he had envisioned at the design stage with his very competent crew. I was not able to meet with the designer, Carlos within the scheduled time to pick out the tile and firm up the design. We met a couple of weeks later at the tile shop and I liked how there were numerous layouts and examples of possible shower inclosures and tile designs. Carlos was very patient and did not push me into any direction but I could tell by his advise that he had a good eye for details and a quality installation. We walked around the store with one of Bullnose tile's employee who was very informative and steered us in the directions of the different ideas we were pursuing. This saved me a lot of time since he knew the locations and availability of the different choices. Norberto and the work crew found more water damage than anticipated as well as poor workmanship, a leaking adjoining tub, and unsealed pipes from previous work. Norberto showed me what had to be done and an estimate of the cost to repair upfront. Another Carlos that worked on Norberto's crew came up with many good suggestions of additional work that should be done while we were at certain stages of the remodel that saved me money than if I done this later. I had not planned for the higher cost but it was worth getting the job done right. All in all it was a good experience and every one of my concerns was addressed. The remodel is showroom quality and I am happy and proud of the outcome.

Description of Work
Remodeled the master bath and repaired water damage that they encountered.

05/07/2014

Joan R.

Description of Work
I asked for a bid on a large project to add an in-law unit by creating a second story on my ranch house. I had the plans designed and drawn by an architect. Carlos was on time for the appointment. He asked many intelligent questions. He offered many good tips and suggestions. Unfortunately my budget was just too small to get what I needed. If circumstances were different I would have chosen ACA Remodeling Design.

04/22/2014

Les K.

Description of Work
ACA remodeled our kitchen and updated our guest bathroom. Once the project got underway, it went very well. Carlos, Norberto, and crew were excellent. They were conscientious, dependable, and responsive. | |The only rough spot was working with the sales person who was just the opposite. However, if you work directly with Carlos Aguilera, the owner, you will be very satisfied. Carlos is very knowledgeable and gave us many great ideas for our design. He made us very confident that our project would be successful and he did not disappoint. | |As the project progressed, Norberto made sure we were completely satisfied at each phase. He was very meticulous and encouraged us to point out anything we wanted done. He kept coming back until we were completely satisfied! We are very happy with the overall project and would recommend ACA to others. | |

10/14/2013

Tom K.

Met with Carlos' contact person at the Santa Clara Home & Garden Show on Saturday, 10/12/13 and the contact person made an appt. for10 am on Monday, 10/14. I was even given a written note by the person as she had confirmed it with Carlos. Well, Carlos didn't show. Sent an email to Carlos asking if he was still going to come and give me a bid, and if he was, to either call or email me to let me know when he would be coming by. My email and phone number was also provided in the email for his convenience. At about 1:30 in the afternoon, I called to cancel the appt. and it was Carlos who answered the phone. In our discussion about why he didn't show up, and more importantly, why he did not take 2 minutes out of his day to call or email me as to when he might be coming by (a simple request), all I got were very lame excuses. You know, like the kind inconsiderate and unprofessional contractors use when they have no reason for their behavior. My project is about $50,000 so it is not real big, but not real small either. Luckily, I am the editor of a consumer activist newsletter with 44,000+ subscribers in the Bay Area, so in addition to Angie's List, I'll be writing a few derogatory editorials on ACA Construction.

Description of Work
Never showed up for appt.

09/29/2013

Marcia S.

We contacted the company to ask about cabinet refacing. The owner of the company accommodated my husband work schedule by having our first meeting on a Saturday morning. (Brownie points for him!) He checked the work, ask about our ideas, measured, gave suggestions and scheduled a new meeting. In his next visit he showed up with a complete presentation in his computer with our new kitchen. He had incorporated ours and his suggestions in a practical and functional kitchen for our needs. We got tons of roll-outs shelves, the best quality drawers and much better use of the existing space. His presentation and design had a better pricing for a superior quality than any of the 3 other companies we consulted. We receive supportive suggestions during the whole process of selecting color and material for the project. During the remodeling, the contractors were always punctual and the communication with Carlos Aguilera ( the owner) was easy with short waiting time responses. The workers were respectful, professional and knowledgeable in their areas. The rest of the house was sealed from the mess of the construction. Every evening, the area was cleaned and all their tools and working supplies were neatly put away so wouldn't be on the way or attract our kids attention as "potential toys". A few hiccups and misunderstandings were promptly addressed and corrected without any major problems for 'the ongoing projects or for our family life. I've being using my new remodeled kitchen for a month now and I love it. The new shelves and new features make cooking easier. The suggested changes improved the existing floor plan . I couldn't be happier with the results. PS.: We liked they work so much that we decided to re-do our master bathroom, which is under construction right now.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet refacing and modification of structure of existing cabinets

04/22/2013

Vijayasree M.

Very good. Carlos from ACA Remodeling Design was highly recommended by one of our friends who used his services for remodel their kitchen. As I have plans to remodel my kitchen too, I contacted Carlos for an initial meeting to get an estimate. My call was very promptly returned by Carlos. We set up the meeting time go over the requirement and initial estimates. On the day of the appointment he was running little bit late. Instead of keeping me waiting for him, he immediately called me to let me know the situation. I was impressed. Carlos went over all the details of my requirement and gave me some good design ideas for my house along with changes to the kitchen. Many times he stopped me going overboard of my budget and time. He readily showed me how kitchen would look like after remodel. At the end of the meeting I requested few weeks time to go over everything with my family and get back to him. He accepted and waited for my call. When I called him to let him know about our decision to push the project to next year, he understood the reasons and we both ended the call on a professional note.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for the kitchen remodel for my house.

01/28/2013

Elaine M.

Carlos goes over everything with you. He makes suggestions and walks you through the entire job. If he has to change anything he emails you the addendum. I can't say enough good things about him. These guys restored my faith in contractors after having some bad experiences in the past. They are wonderful. They stayed exactly within the estimated time frame and when you have an appointment he comes on time. He calls if he ever will be running late. They cleaned up after themselves every night as well. I will definitely call them for any work in the future, whether it is a big or small job. I definitely got what I paid for.

Description of Work
They did a bath remodel, redid my floors, opened up one whole room, rebuilt my fireplace and installed shelving. They did some other small repair work as well.

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

06/28/2012

Anita N.

The estimate went very well. They came back once and spoke with me and gave me feedback. I went with a different company only because it was a company of very good friends.

Description of Work
They came out and did an estimate to remodel my kitchen. Other services included railings and restaining of wood. I have a fireplace and we were looking to convert it into a gas insert.

Category woodworking, home remodeling

11/17/2011

Gurpreet S.

Carlos with ACA Remodeling Design was the only company that was punctual and gave the best presentation with his 3-D state of the art software. This helped me to see what I was getting before closing the contract, everybody else just talked about it and I was not able to get a great picture of what to expect. It seemed that there were selling just air. His pricing was very competitive and within my budget. Being very picky and demanding, his crew were very patient with me and that means a lot to me. The project was estimated to be completed in six weeks and where able to complete it in just four and a half weeks. The craftsmanship of his crew from the Electricians to the cabinetry Installation, Granite and Tile installers were more than expected. I definitely recommend ACA for any ones kitchen remodel.

Description of Work
My project consisted of a full kitchen remodel. The kitchen was gutted all the way to the studs. New updated Electrical panel box to new dedicated home runs to the appropriate kitchen appliance and outlets. Insulation a sheetrock with texture and painting. Custom cabinetry with many accessories from deep drawers to spice pullout to Glass doors and tray dividers. Granite counter top and porcelain tile floor. to the final installation of the appliances.

Category custom cabinets, hardwood floor, interior designers, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing