Excelsior Roofing Co.

Founded 1906 • With Angi since October 2005

1340 Underwood Ave

San Francisco, CA 94124

15 employees. Family owned & operated. Award winning. Mark Powers in company since 1972. Bill Powers in company since 1980. Company founded by grandfather in 1906....

10/18/2017

Leo D.

Never received an answer from vendor

Description of Work
Flashing above windows

09/26/2016

Andrew R.

Worked with Mark to pick the right solution (he shared a good, better, best set of quotes). But the real joy was in the actual installation. We had assumed it'd be messy, take a while, and be a hassle. Couldn't have been more different. His team was fast, was incredibly professional, and did a fantastic job. Even going the extra mile to share photos of their work at the end of the day so we could see the progress. When we wanted to look at specific components (eg thickness of sheet metal being used) there was no complaint, only accommodation. He must have had 7 trucks working the job at one point. Not only where they faster than expected, incredibly well-prepared and professional, but they were one of the more reasonable quotes we got.

Description of Work
Full new roof on three-story single-family home. Modified bitumen along with new flashings, etc.

06/01/2015

Joshua J.

They were very responsive. They came out immediately to give an estimate - and given that ours was a smaller job, managed to fit us in to their schedule earlier than projected. They did nice work, were communicative, and professional. I was extremely impressed with their work.

Description of Work
Patched some cracks, removed old gutters and installed new ones. Installed screens as needed.

Category gutter repair,roofing

03/26/2015

Ben B.

Basically, it all went smoothly, on schedule and completely as planned. It's worth noting that Mark is not a slick salesman who will wow a prospective client with his showmanship. Instead he's a very "straight shooter" who provided us with all the relevant facts, answered all our questions and provided us with a written estimate within a day of his initial visit. The fellows who performed the work were also very forthcoming about what they were doing and invited my partner to go up and inspect things before they wrapped up. We came away with five more years of use out of our roof and with a lot more knowledge about its construction, drainage system, flashing, etc.

Description of Work
Mark Powers, President of the company, inspected our nearly 19-year old roof and determined that, left as is, it would require replacement in roughly five years. He described a process involving spot patching and application of a protective white APOC 252 emulsion surface paint that would add five more years to the roof's projected lifespan. Our HOA approved the outlay and within a couple of weeks, his four person team arrived and completed the work in slightly less than half a day. The quality of work performed and ROI that we achieved by engaging Excelsior were both outstanding. I couldn't recommend this company any more highly.

03/15/2015

Ruth H.

The work was scheduled and completed promptly. I can see the work on their Facebook page.

Description of Work
Excelsior has done a new roof before for another house. I contacted them to see if my current house needed a new roof before I had a leak. Mark inspected my roof and told me it needed maintenance and not a new roof yet. He also explained the working of my skylights and told me they did not need to be replaced either. They replaced the rear metal edging on the roof and painted the skylight and vent flues. They even provided a new skylight pole for the bathroom.

Category roofing,skylights

02/16/2015

ROBERT K.

The crew came on the appointed day, and began pulling off layers of roofing and flashing that had been applied over the last 112 years, eventually getting back to the original metal roof surface. They pulled out vents and drains that were no longer being used, and re-roofed and flashed the light well. The workers were very professional, and worked with my tenants to make sure everything was cleaned up and put back in it's place. The work is guaranteed for 5 years. So far, so good.

Description of Work
After the deluge of mid December 2014, the light well in my 1903 SF Victorian gave up the ghost, and started to leak into the basement. This has been an ongoing problem since the date I bought the property in 1974. Excelsior was recommended by a friend, and when I called, I was told that they were swamped by calls, and he could not even schedule me until 1/1/15. I called after the first of the year, and scheduled an appointment.

12/17/2014

Daniel C.

I called this business based on the positive reviews only to get his answering machine. He has this very unprofessional and cranky message. "Please don't tell me about your leaky roof...every call I get is about a leaky roof". Well what do you expect? You are a roofing company and it is the rainy season. If I were this person, I would change that message to something more professional and less irritating. I will not be sending any business his way.

Description of Work
Irritated me

I have read [removed member name]'s review and he certainly was correct. After receiving over 3000 phone calls between Thanksgiving and Christmas I became overwhelmed and I had to find a way to slow down the calls. Is always frustrating to me when some people go on and on about there roof leak and at end of message say there number really fast and I can hardly understand. Some people thought my message was funny. My apologies to you [removed member name]and to any others but as things are still crazy now at least they are manageable. Mark Powers, President, Excelsior Roofing Co.

06/04/2014

Rita H.

They were punctual in their appointment to inspect the roof. They got the estimate to us in a couple of days. I had lots of questions and they were very good about spending time on the phone with me to make sure I understood what they were recommending. The only reason I didn't use them is I decided to go with a foam roof instead of a tar and gravel roof.

Description of Work
inspected our roof and gave an estimate to replace it.

04/03/2014

Mike P.

Couldn't be happier with everything about my experience with Excelsior. They came in at the lowest bid of three bids and honestly about what I thought the job should cost. The other two bids I got were way too high. They were punctual and did fine work - my roof no longer leaks! I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Sealed a leak around my chimney.

Category roofing,skylights

02/22/2014

Michael B.

Very prompt and courteous service. Inspection one day, estimate the next day, and work completed the next day. Company owners are very nice.

Description of Work
Roof patching job for a leak

SD Gutters and Roofing

SD Bay Area gutter cleaners is a local buisness own and our talented team works hard everyday to provide the best services for our clients. We do repairs, installations, gutter guards, downspouts and temporary roof repair & leak repair options. Our mission is simple: to provide high-quality services for our valued clients. Our team goes above and beyond to cater to each project’s specific needs. Through open communication and exceptional service, we hope you’ll find what you’re looking for with our Gutter Cleaning Service. For more information or general inquiries, get in touch today. Leaky roof? Missing shingles? Maintaining a home roof and any roof repairs should be at the top of any home maintenance list to ensure a dry, safe home for your family. Have our fully qualified, trained and experienced technicians inspect your roof damage and provide a detailed estimate for roof repair work. Roof repairs provided in the bayArea .

Marco's Gutter Cleaning

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in gutter cleaning services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

CertaPro Painters of San Francisco

CertaPro Painters of San Francisco, CA is pleased to provide the best house painting to your specific neighborhood in and around San Francisco

Carpentry, painting. If needed with our jobs we can organize all contractors.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Excelsior Roofing Co.

How is Excelsior Roofing Co. overall rated?

Excelsior Roofing Co. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Excelsior Roofing Co. open?

Excelsior Roofing Co. is open:

What payment options does Excelsior Roofing Co. provide

Excelsior Roofing Co. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Excelsior Roofing Co. offer free estimates?

Yes, Excelsior Roofing Co. offers free project estimates.

Does Excelsior Roofing Co. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Excelsior Roofing Co. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Excelsior Roofing Co. offer a senior discount?

No, Excelsior Roofing Co. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Excelsior Roofing Co.?

Yes, Excelsior Roofing Co. offers warranties.

What services does Excelsior Roofing Co. offer?

Excelsior Roofing Co. offers the following services: Roofing contractors, gutters, skylight, repairs or removal of debris & flashing repairs. All types of roofing, repairs and new roofs. Roof inspections for real estate and insurance company's. Fully insured for single family, apartments, condos, TIC, etc..

Are there any services Excelsior Roofing Co. does not offer?

Carpentry, painting. If needed with our jobs we can organize all contractors.