Cabrillo Plumbing

Founded 1961 • With Angi since October 2005

78 Dorman Ave

San Francisco, CA 94124

Serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1961 - Toll Free (800) 908-3888....

03/16/2022

Kevin C.

I recently experienced a plumbing disaster that required immediate attention. Having used Cabrillo Plumbing in the past, I gave them a call. Todd came out promptly and assessed the situation, which turned out to be worse than I thought. My manufactured home was originally installed with a type of piping that is now no longer to code, in in fact illegal to use. Thus, the whole system needed replacing. Cabrillo produced an estimate in a timely fashion, and Todd and Steve proceeded with the work. It was a complicated job, which they completed in two and half days. They were prompt, efficient, skillful and courteous, and left a clean job site. The final charges were exactly to the estimate, which was quite reasonable, considering the extent of the work. I recommend Cabrillo Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. Kevin L. Cooke Moss Beach

Description of Work
Plumbing Repair

10/16/2021

Vee S.

We needed a new water heater and these guys did a great job installing and making sure everything beyond that was addressed. After the initial appointment (very easy to make) they gave us advance notice of their arrival time and showed up on time - so important and respectful! The work was done thoroughly, efficiently and with care. Brian started the job but was called away for an emergency; Todd and Erick did bulk of installation and did it neatly and cleanly. They ensured the work was done to code, making sure everything was tidy and secure. The result was not only a safe installation but it also looked great. Cabrillo is who we call again and again knowing they will respect our time and do work that is above and beyond.

Description of Work
Water Heater Needed Upgrading

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

03/17/2021

Jon K.

My ancient furnace recently died; literally went up in smoke. Frank from Cabrillo helped me figure out what I needed, talked me out of some things I didn't need, and solved some other problems he spotted while he was here (like all of our ducting being too small to carry the air needed to heat our house, and not being to code). It was a pretty big job, but given that I had no heat Frank, Hugo, and Eric managed to rebuild our HVAC within the week. I couldn't be happier with the work, and the house is so much more comfortable now.

Description of Work
Replace a furnace and all duct work.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

12/25/2020

Garrett K.

Our water heater started leaking on Dec 23 -- I immediately called Cabrillo because they did excellent work the LAST time -- 12 years ago -- that I had to replace the heater. The scheduler was able to squeeze me in the next day, despite it being Christmas eve -- he also gave me instructions on how to do quick fixes to prevent the problem getting worse. The tech Frank showed up right on time, gave me an estimate of work, explained all the items, and even suggested a additional pan + drain which would prevent problems if the leaking happens again (in another 10 years I guess). The work was done by Frank and Erick in a matter of hours, and did everything professionally and safely (no-contact and appropriate distance during the pandemic). Another great experience with Cabrillo

Description of Work
Replace water heater

02/18/2020

Kathleen W.

It was a dark and stormy night…and our furnace went out! I called Cabrillo and got an appointment right away. Here is the story of my great experience: 1) The appointment: it was easy to schedule and I even received reminder texts complete with a photo and background of my technician, Rob – who is now my friend! 2) The diagnosis: Rob showed up on time every bit the professional. He looked at my furnace, diagnosed the problem and clearly explained my options. He even invited me to watch the diagnosis process and taught me a bit, about how my furnace worked so I could better understand what he was doing. 3) The repair: I received a clear, written estimate after which Rob completed the job quickly and neatly. 4) The good extras: Rob explained the benefits of their maintenance program and that by signing up I would save money in the end. All made sense to me so I joined – and I am glad I did. 5) Prologue: After he fixed the furnace, Rob asked if there was anything else. I mentioned a leaky pip that we recently noticed. That leaky pipe was the tip of an iceberg. Rob spent 45 minutes taking photos and examining the affected areas. He gave me my options and, again, I opted for the bigger job of replacing the bathroom plumbing and toilet. As my house is 94 years old, this was the better option for me, which I consider an investment. 6) The sequel: Rob, Jeff, and Erich returned at the end of the week to completely replace all my bathroom plumbing and install a new toilet. The job was superb! 7) More good extras: While they worked they noticed that my hot water line to my washer was about to burst. They replaced the line at no charge, saving me from a potential “emergency” and a mess. Rob also noted that the hot water heater and adjoining vent was not in good shape and worked up an estimate for replacement. I took the replacement option for the following week. 8) Drama: coincidentally the 10 year-old hot water heater decided to die the next day. Rob came out on an emergency visit and got it replaced for me prior to the big replacement job scheduled for the end of the week. 9) Final scenes: my vent replacement job included removing asbestos pipe and Rob coordinated it expertly. Another superb job, which will add value to my home. 10) Epilogue: while replacing the vent I asked for the main water valve to be replaced, as it was not in good shape. Rob went above the call and replaced the whole intake system at the same cost as the original estimate for the one valve. I cannot say enough good things about Cabrillo Plumbing, Rob Burkett, or the other technicians. Thank you for taking the stress out of this endeavor.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair; Water Heater replacement; Toilet installation; plumbing replacement; asbestos removal

07/12/2017

John D.

Went fine, all fixed. Very pricey though. I would probably shop around a bit more if I had the time next time something like this happens

Description of Work
water leak on the bathroom sink, right at the hot water valve underneath the vanity

03/06/2017

Mark M.

The job went well. Plumber did not have the part in stock, so they ordered and came back with it in two days.

Description of Work
Shower valve had worn out and needed partial repair

11/13/2015

David H.

The guy that came out was very personable. He cheerfully cleaned out the sewer line and showed me the ball of roots he had cut from the line.

Description of Work
Rooted out our sewer line.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

09/17/2015

Hank H.

It went great! I selected Cabrillo because they were able to schedule a visit the same day (2-2:30 pm) I called (1 pm). Brian was prompt. Brian inspected the crawlspace between floors and quickly determined the location of the problem was in a bathroom upstairs, where we found the supply hose to a toilet I'd recently installed was spraying a fine jet against the toilet base (I had not replaced the old hose - live and learn). I replaced the hose with a new one - problem solved. While turning the master valve for the house off and on, I noticed it started dripping. Brian tightened it for me, and it looks like it's OK, though it might take a bit longer to be sure. He also checked out our downstairs water heater and advised me on what to do about replacing it, which will probably be soon. The default cost for the service call was all that I paid. If I could give a grade better than A, I would.

Description of Work
Found the cause of a leak that was dripping water onto our lower floor's ceilings and walls.

04/23/2015

STEVE K.

They're terrible. They're bad.

Description of Work
It's Cabrillo Plumbing.

03/17/2015

Amanda S.

Brian at Cabrillo is FANTASTIC. He's responsive, smart, kind, organized and he gets the job done. It was expensive but we absolutely got what we paid for. I have little kids and they were very respectful, kept the workspace clean, and they were as fast as possible given what a large job it was. I would absolutely recommend them!

Description of Work
We had a carbon monoxide and gas leak and it required entirely new gas lines run in our home. They performed that work and also replaced existing exhaust vents and installed a new tankless water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, gas leak repair

01/03/2015

Jilchristina V.

I called to have some one come out and do an assessment on my furnace. When I said I lived in Oakland she said: "Ohhh, ummm, I will have to check with owner to see if that is a zip code we service. We will only service some zip codes in Oakland. Is that zip code in Piedmont? I know we'll come there.* I told her to lose my number that I would NEVER give my money to a local company (I specifically came on Angie's List to find a small local business to give my $$ to) who is still racistly red-lining historically Black Cities. Shame on you. CLICK. Disgusted.

Description of Work
I did not hire them

10/27/2014

Loie G.

When my stove was delivered, the original vendor had to install the stove away from the wall because of the way the gas line was sticking out from the wall. My old stove had an opening in that area but the new stove did not. The vendor could not work with gas lines. The gas line had to be shortened. The Cabrillo technician had to re-align the existing gas line. Install a new gas line/valve. In order to access the area, the stove had to be moved out and re-installed. Since the stove fits tightly in-between two cabinets, it took a second person to help. They went out of their way to do a great job! The Cabrillo technicians were very professional and courteous. It was explained all what needed to be done. They wore booties over their shoes and cleaned up after themselves. The technicians arrived within their arrival window. They called a half hour before arriving. Cabrillo technicians: THANK YOU!!

Description of Work
Replaced gas line to new stove so that the stove could be pushed back to the wall.

Category appliance repair, plumbing, gas leak repair

10/14/2014

James C.

It was a negative experience. I would not call them again. They came and looked at water heater and they told me I needed a new water heater. They gave me a verbal quote of over 2000$ and I thought it was ridiculous. Later, I got another plumber who installed a top quality water heater for about 1000$. They were over priced. They spent about an hour, they did not do a lot.

08/20/2014

Neil L.

The plumber who came from this company seemed extremely knowledgeable and thorough, unlike others who simply announced that I needed a new water heater without even looking at my tank. However, I was promised that for $30 I would get a written quotation on the replacement, by e-mail within two days. After six days I phoned, and after some brief phone tag I received a quotation on the phone for the proposed work. A small (30 gallon) water heater replacement was quoted at $2,600. That is not ten, twenty or even fifty percent higher than the next highest bid. It is double! I expect that Cabrillo does indeed do higher quality work than some others, but I am having trouble justifying paying twice what others charge for a new water heater. I will likely speak to some friends for referrals before proceeding.

Description of Work
Provided estimates for new water heaters

07/31/2014

Neil L.

They were very good. They flushed the water heater and inspected it. They were good enough that we will probably call them back for another water heater at a rental property.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $189 for Complete Water Heater Refurbishing.

Category water heater repair

Thank you for your review. It sounds like things went just as we'd hope - for us and for you. We hope you'll call us for all your plumbing and heating needs.

06/17/2014

Zara H.

This service probably gave my water heater another few years of service. The guy who did the work was great and made some good recommendations about other plumbing problems in my house.

Description of Work
Drained and cleaned my water heater, repaired or replaced all worn parts.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Thanks for the great ratings and for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We're always pleased when our clients appreciate the level of service we provide. You've explained the value of our company better than we could!

06/16/2014

STEVE K.

They charged us more than the $99.00 as we had to pay an additional $400.00. The service was terrible. The worst part of the whole service is that we had to call them back again to finish up the service and we had to pay additional money for that. I would not recommend them or use them.

Description of Work
This was a Big Deal for $99.00 for $200.00 of plumbing services. We had a drainage problem by the laundry area and it was backing up. They did the repair without letting us know how much it would cost. The cost above was total for everything as they came back out to unclog a sewage drain.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience when using Cabrillo. It seems that the main concerns you mention are the price we charged for service and that the technician had to return a second time. I was able to look up the original work invoice from 2011 and there are a couple of things I would like to clarify. First is that we ALWAYS present a written quote including the scope of work and exact price of that job before doing any work. The invoice we have on file has your signature in the "authorization of work" section as well as signature and notation "start work 10/4/11" (date of service) on the back. It also includes a detailed description of the work authorized, which was snaking two different secondary drains in the home. It may seem like a simple task but our records show that the technician was at the property for over 2 hours to address this issue. As for having to return, we were called back 4 days later for a mainline stoppage, not a secondary line which is what we worked on the first visit. We had not worked on the mainline previously and did not know it's condition or history however we did clear the mainline stoppage free of charge in an effort to provide good customer service. We received no contact afterwards that either the mainline or secondary lines backed up again after we snaked them. The Big Deal was for $200 off any plumbing service and this was deducted from the total bill. If our price seems high, it’s not because it’s artificially inflated to take advantage of our customers. It’s because that’s what it costs us to do the job professionally, to provide a full warranty, to cover our expenses and to make a fair profit. If we make a mistake in the bid, or the job takes longer than we expected, that fair profit is the part that goes away, not the professionalism or any other part of our service. We regret that you were unhappy with our pricing or that we had to return to clean another stoppage, but we stand behind our work and believe we do the best job possible while proving the best customer experience out there.

06/05/2014

Regan & Kathleen P.

It went fine. I didn't see that my water heater needed to be less than 5 years old. Mine is certainly older than that, so they recommended that I don't do the service.

Category plumbing

Sorry we weren't able to perform the service you requested due to the age of your WH, but we hope you'll keep us in mind for any future plumbing or HVAC needs.

06/02/2014

Joshua B.

When they came out they said they wouldn’t do the work because there was too much rust on the unit. They were concerned the unit would come apart and they wouldn’t be able to get it back together without needing new parts. I ended up having the deal refunded.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $189 for Complete Water Heater Refurbishing.

Category water heater repair

Please let us know if you have any problems getting a refund for the deal you bought. Wish we could have helped you out!

05/08/2014

Thelma T.

The heater is still working well. All went smoothly. I plan to call Cabrillo as my "go to" plumbing and heating service provider.

Description of Work
My gas Coleman Furnace had stopped heating. Tony from Cabrillo changed a very dirty filter and cleaned the sensor switch (or whatever it is called). I was so relieved. When I phoned I was asked if I wanted a visit right away or later in the afternoon. The service began about an hour after my call. Tony wore shoe guards on the floors and had a replacement filter screen in his truck. I began to feel the heat and am thrilled that the fix was quick and reasonabale.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Cabrillo does everything possible to make sure we provide the best experience possible to our clients and we're thrilled that you are happy with our service. Thank you very much for writing such a glowing review about us.

04/29/2014

Saurabh K.

I ended up getting a refund because they said I didn’t need any work. They were very accommodating when giving the refund.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal from them for plumbing services.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the excellent grades! We look forward to serving you in the future.

04/21/2014

Molly L.

Cabrillo Plumbing was super professional and very gracious. Water Heaters need to be less than 5 years old to be serviced, and ours is older than that. Angie's List customer service has been great, too. Thank you!

Category plumbing

Sorry we weren't able to assist you this time. Please keep us in mind if you have any future plumbing or heating needs. Thank you!

04/17/2014

Carole H.

I would not use their service again. The man was nice, punctual, and very meticulous. The quality of the work was good but it took him a long time to finish the job.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $99 for $200 of plumbing services. I did have to pay additional.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the review and good marks. Our technicians are required to be thorough and perform the best job possible, that includes cleaning up their work area and answering any questions a client may have. It looks like our technician was at your home for about 4 hours in 2011 which is the time we allot for them to perform an installation as well as two complete service inspections. There may be other outfits that can race through a job but very few that provide the same level of quality. We hope that someday you'll reconsider and give us another try!

04/14/2014

S M.

As far as I can recollect, I had no issues with them. They were professional and responsive, and they did the work as promised.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for them to provide plumbing services.

Category plumbing

We're glad you had a great service experience and we appreciate the excellent review you gave us. Please give us a call if you need any plumbing or heating/AC assistance in the future.