Ace Plumbing & Rooter

With Angi since July 2005

2200 Jerrold Avenue

San Francisco, CA 94124

We are your trusted, local plumber in SF dedicated to providing every customer with the highest quality, seamless experience when it comes to plumbing, water heater and sewer repairs, installations and service....

plumbers (458)drain cleaning (140)sewer cleaning (49)water heaters (42)drain pipe installation (32)gas leak repair (11)well & water pump repair (10)appliance repair (9)small appliance repair (8)home remodeling (7)concrete repair (7)water softeners (4)

05/19/2018

It was a little challenging. Initially Ed rooted the sewer from the clearout near the house as far as it would go towards the curb but the water didn't drain from the clearout even after a couple of tries. The house has no curbside trap/vent so it was hard to tell what was going on. We discussed options and chose to try a hydro jetter clearing. Ed had to go get the water jet and came back to clear...

Description of Work
Clear out clogged sewer lateral

Category plumbing,sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 04/11/2018

04/24/2018

The plumber from Ace -- Phillip Seiler -- was knowledgeable, thorough, and professional. We will request him by name next time we need a plumber and refer him to our friends. We have had less than satisfactory experiences with other plumbing firms, so it is great to finally have found a reliable and knowledgeable resource. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Blocked kitchen drain and leaking pipes

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

02/16/2018

Everything went great. I have used Ace in the past and was pleased with their work and I will use them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Jimmy and Jorge came to my home to repair a item that was replaced last year but had stopped being functual. They made the repair and were totally professional.

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

12/13/2017

Brian was at our house with crew Monday morning. The crew worked into the night. A heater install and all the other plumbing work was done in one day. We love the new tankless so far. It puts out good flow, takes up very little space outside, and leaves a big new space in the garage (without open flames near gasoline).

Description of Work
Our aging 75-gallon water heater needed replacement. We wanted to move water heater to outside back of house, to get it out of the basement garage. Separately, aging plumbing in basement needed replacement. I called Ace, which I had dealt with before with good results. Brian came out quickly and wrote an estimate. He recommended a tankless heater--compact, lower-energy, easy to install outdoors under on overhang. A 2-day job, he said, including extending the gas to back of house, replacing much old plumbing with new copper, taking away old tank. Then we waited--too long! The old water heater burst over the weekend, leaking water on floor. Cold showers! Cold dishwater! I called Ace on Saturday afternoon and they picked up.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

10/17/2017

Excellent. Derrick took care of all my questions.

Description of Work
Drain checked and leak from sink resolved. Derrick was professional and helpful.

Work Completed On 10/17/2017

04/17/2017

They are not good, have to come back a few times to get work done right. And price is not cheap

Description of Work
water heater and drainage of kitchen sink (2 separate events)

Category plumbing,water heater repair,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/07/2016

02/23/2017

I had a 40 gallon water heater that was warranted for 10 years. Ace came back with a 38 gallon, 6-year water heater with a worse energy rating than the one it replaced. This was suboptimal since we have a fairly large house. No choice at that point but to go ahead with it.

Description of Work
Water heater went out -- pilot would not stay on -- but it wasn't leaking. I was given two prices for replacing gas regulator system and urged to replace the entire unit. At this point the water heater was several years beyond its projected life. I agreed to have it replaced.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/23/2017

02/19/2017

Great people to work with; real professionals. Honest, well thought-out estimates. Courteous office staff, supervisors and plumbers, who showed up on time or called if they anticipated a delay with another customer. Thorough cleanup of all work areas. Very high quality work compared to other plumbers I've worked with over the years!

Description of Work
About 5 years ago we used Ace for several small plumbing leaks in our old galvanized pipe plumbing system. A couple of years ago we decided to replace the old plumbing with a new copper system. Ace replaced the piping from the point the water entered the house to our upstairs bathroom, and connected into the newer piping in our kitchen and downstairs bath, installed a new hot water heater, diverted piping to add a home-filtration system , with proper shut-off valve to allow filter replacement, (we bought the filter system separately, and Ace installed it), and replaced a portion of the drains into the main sewer line. Beautiful, well-planned work. It has been about 2 1/2 years now and the system has worked beautifully, with no problems!

Work Completed On 08/31/2014

12/25/2016

I was promised a 10-year warranty, but the fine print on the final bill indicated a 3-year warranty. When I called to complain, the owner gave me a further discount. All work was done quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Installation of hot water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/25/2016

12/12/2016

I'm very happy with Atlas. They are the plumber I'll call any time I need one.

Description of Work
I've used Atlas twice. Once to install a new kitchen faucet and secondly to put in a new mixer valve in a shower.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

Wells, Septic Systems, & Leach Fields.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check