Ace Plumbing & Rooter

Founded undefined • With Angi since July 2005

We are your trusted, local plumber in SF dedicated to providing every customer with the highest quality, seamless experience when it comes to plumbing, water heater and sewer repairs, installations and service.

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

plumbers (459)drain cleaning (140)sewer cleaning (49)water heaters (43)drain pipe installation (33)gas leak repair (11)well & water pump repair (10)appliance repair (10)small appliance repair (9)home remodeling (7)concrete repair (7)water softeners (4)

10/04/2022

rick M.

Ace Plumbing is wonderful! After a plumbing nightmare caused by another plumber. I reached out to Jonathan the owner and his team for help. They were very empathetic to our situation listening to all our concerns. They connected us to Franco to do the diagnose and fix the problems. I directly worked with Franco for many weeks to fix things for us. He did such a great job I hired him for a few more jobs as well. Very impressed by his workmanship. He is the utmost professional responding to all our concerns. I also value his attention to detail. Would highly recommend Ace Plumbing!

Description of Work
New Tankless install, crossover diagnosis/repair, vanity and appliance install, shower trim install, concrete drain, thermoexpansion install

Category appliance repair, plumbing, small appliance repair, water heater repair, drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/03/2022

05/19/2018

John A.

It was a little challenging. Initially Ed rooted the sewer from the clearout near the house as far as it would go towards the curb but the water didn't drain from the clearout even after a couple of tries. The house has no curbside trap/vent so it was hard to tell what was going on. We discussed options and chose to try a hydro jetter clearing. Ed had to go get the water jet and came back to clear it out. Encouraging enough the line had somewhat drained by the time they got back. He ran the jet and also the camera which showed the line was in decent shape and clear as far out to the street as we could get it. In the end he charged me just for the jet. Gave me a quote on installing a house trap at the curb and explained what he expects is going on at the sewer junction in the street.

Description of Work
Clear out clogged sewer lateral

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 04/11/2018

04/24/2018

Joanne C.

The plumber from Ace -- Phillip Seiler -- was knowledgeable, thorough, and professional. We will request him by name next time we need a plumber and refer him to our friends. We have had less than satisfactory experiences with other plumbing firms, so it is great to finally have found a reliable and knowledgeable resource. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Blocked kitchen drain and leaking pipes

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

02/16/2018

Julie S.

Everything went great. I have used Ace in the past and was pleased with their work and I will use them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Jimmy and Jorge came to my home to repair a item that was replaced last year but had stopped being functual. They made the repair and were totally professional.

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

12/13/2017

Stephen Y.

Brian was at our house with crew Monday morning. The crew worked into the night. A heater install and all the other plumbing work was done in one day. We love the new tankless so far. It puts out good flow, takes up very little space outside, and leaves a big new space in the garage (without open flames near gasoline).

Description of Work
Our aging 75-gallon water heater needed replacement. We wanted to move water heater to outside back of house, to get it out of the basement garage. Separately, aging plumbing in basement needed replacement. I called Ace, which I had dealt with before with good results. Brian came out quickly and wrote an estimate. He recommended a tankless heater--compact, lower-energy, easy to install outdoors under on overhang. A 2-day job, he said, including extending the gas to back of house, replacing much old plumbing with new copper, taking away old tank. Then we waited--too long! The old water heater burst over the weekend, leaking water on floor. Cold showers! Cold dishwater! I called Ace on Saturday afternoon and they picked up.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

10/17/2017

Julie S.

Excellent. Derrick took care of all my questions.

Description of Work
Drain checked and leak from sink resolved. Derrick was professional and helpful.

Work Completed On 10/17/2017

04/17/2017

tracy T.

They are not good, have to come back a few times to get work done right. And price is not cheap

Description of Work
water heater and drainage of kitchen sink (2 separate events)

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/07/2016

02/23/2017

John H.

I had a 40 gallon water heater that was warranted for 10 years. Ace came back with a 38 gallon, 6-year water heater with a worse energy rating than the one it replaced. This was suboptimal since we have a fairly large house. No choice at that point but to go ahead with it.

Description of Work
Water heater went out -- pilot would not stay on -- but it wasn't leaking. I was given two prices for replacing gas regulator system and urged to replace the entire unit. At this point the water heater was several years beyond its projected life. I agreed to have it replaced.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/23/2017

02/19/2017

Charisse E.

Great people to work with; real professionals. Honest, well thought-out estimates. Courteous office staff, supervisors and plumbers, who showed up on time or called if they anticipated a delay with another customer. Thorough cleanup of all work areas. Very high quality work compared to other plumbers I've worked with over the years!

Description of Work
About 5 years ago we used Ace for several small plumbing leaks in our old galvanized pipe plumbing system. A couple of years ago we decided to replace the old plumbing with a new copper system. Ace replaced the piping from the point the water entered the house to our upstairs bathroom, and connected into the newer piping in our kitchen and downstairs bath, installed a new hot water heater, diverted piping to add a home-filtration system , with proper shut-off valve to allow filter replacement, (we bought the filter system separately, and Ace installed it), and replaced a portion of the drains into the main sewer line. Beautiful, well-planned work. It has been about 2 1/2 years now and the system has worked beautifully, with no problems!

Work Completed On 08/31/2014

12/25/2016

Mark M.

I was promised a 10-year warranty, but the fine print on the final bill indicated a 3-year warranty. When I called to complain, the owner gave me a further discount. All work was done quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Installation of hot water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/25/2016

12/12/2016

Lydia F.

I'm very happy with Atlas. They are the plumber I'll call any time I need one.

Description of Work
I've used Atlas twice. Once to install a new kitchen faucet and secondly to put in a new mixer valve in a shower.

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

12/11/2016

Rich M.

Ace Plumbing & Rooter scheduled a visit between 4 and 5 PM. The plumber arrived at 5:45 PM and claimed he was unequipped to fix the problem, saying he'd return the next day at 9 AM. He missed 9 AM. Dispatch said he was running late and would arrive at 10 AM. He missed that. Then he called saying he'd arrive for sure at 2 PM. He missed that, too. I spent two days waiting for nothing, missing kids' activities, holiday parties, etc. -- what a waste of my time, and the clogged pipe still isn't fixed.

Description of Work
We had flooding on the first floor due to what turned out to be a clogged pipe that the first floor bathroom shared with the second floor kitchen.

Work Completed On 12/11/2016

10/25/2016

Donald D.

They put a camera in there and could only go about 17 get until we saw an edge of the sewer pipe indicating a discontinuity under the street. They nevertheless tried to pressure clear the line, then looked again. There was evidence of new gravel in the line. They said they could do no more. But they agreed to contact DPW and slow what they found. A few days later the line speed again. We called 311 and Ace. A few days later the line was cleared (by DPW?) And we have had no further problem. Ace went there extra distance in getting this problem solved. They only charged us for the camera insertion into the pipe.

Description of Work
The City claimed that we were responsible for clearing the sewer line under the street??? So we called Ace and they came out, saying that they'd never heard of a homeowner being responsible for that part of the sewer line.

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 08/17/2016

08/01/2016

Gary J.

They do a pretty good job, they are good because the pricing was good the warranty was good. The pricing was fair it seem in fact it was the most competitive price, we had three estimates for sewer replacement couple things we had neighbor on the street who had a sewer replacement replace by them and so we had three estimate we included their's, their's was the least expensive and it was I don't know these people just seem it was just something about them I mean they got the stuff done and it was all done pretty professionally not pretty professionally, they were friendly and they were kind and they did what they said that they were going to do and they got stuff done everything look really safe like it had this it was all permanent so it was all permanent.

Description of Work
I used ACE Plumbing & Rooter Inc for Sewer Cleaning.

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

04/22/2016

Courtney L.

Initial appointment: I had scheduled an appointment and the plumber was scheduled to arrive sometime in a 4 hour window of time. They called 15 minutes before the end of the window and said he'd be 2 hours late - after I'd made a point to be home already for 4 hours! So, I rescheduled. This happens. During the next appointment window, no one showed up and no one called. I was not happy. When I called, they said it was a scheduling error and apologized profusely. We rescheduled again (I should have stopped here ...) Plumber arrives, and all in all after 2-ish hours at my house I am very displeased with the lack of results and the cost. Faucets and showers are still dripping. Hardware was damaged. Only the running toilet was resolved to my satisfaction. Aren't dripping sinks and showers plumbing 101?! Very unsatisfactory work and I would NOT recommend them. They had good reviews overall, so perhaps I just got a bad plumber.

Description of Work
The plumber supposedly fixed two dripping faucets and two dripping showers, but 3 out of 4 are still dripping so that wasn't done (or done correctly) and he damaged the hardware when trying to tighten/loosen the fixtures. He fixed a toilet that was running by replacing a component with replacement part that I provided - this was done well. He cleaned foreign objects out of a bathroom sink pipe and added a "stopper" that doesn't match the bathroom at all and that he had to go to the store twice for because he bought the wrong part the first time. He never provided estimates so the bill was a complete surprise (I take partial ownership since I didn't ask questions along the way, but the customer service rep said they'd provide estimates before doing any work.)

Work Completed On 01/07/2016

04/14/2016

Grey T.

Scotty arrived, very polite and professional. Cleaned up. Took two visits due to issues out of his control but did not charge me for the double visit.

Description of Work
Cleaned out clogged kitchen drain line.

Work Completed On 04/13/2016

04/04/2016

Jonathan W.

Nothing - never responded even though they debited my account for the fixed price Earthquake Automatic Shutoff Valve fitment service Very disappointed they never replied - what does it take if you pre-pay a service they advertise, to at least come through with the Earthquake Automatic Shutoff Valve fitment service??

Description of Work
Nothing - never responded even though they debited my account for the fixed price Earthquake Automatic Shutoff Valve fitment service.

Work Completed On 03/22/2016

03/18/2016

sargon G.

He said he could not find the problem and said he would come out with a supervisor. He came the next day without supervisor or a solution, but informed us he needed to be paid. He seemed convinced he needed to tear the wall out and he was very frustrated.

Description of Work
Faucet

Work Completed On 03/18/2016

03/15/2016

Margery G.

neighbor's basement, ran a camera thru, dug up cement & replaced part of pipe, & cemented, replaced old cover for another old pipe. Came out at nite within an hour & did checking. Came back a day later & did major work. Went well. James, head plumber, is excellent. We've used him before.

Description of Work
Checked old pipe in basement leaking into

Category concrete repair, excavators, plumbing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

03/01/2016

Thomas M.

It was great - no problems.

Description of Work
Fixed hot water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

01/08/2016

khaled G.

Discovered a joint dislocation due to subsiding soil. Recommended repair, which we did under a second contract.

Description of Work
Video inspection of sewer line to determine whether there was a leak.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 12/30/2014

01/01/2016

Daniel M.

From the initial phone conversation with Jasmine to the work being done by James, my experience was friendly and very professional. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Snaked out the house trap.

Work Completed On 01/01/2016