Sure Safe EFS

Founded 1986 • With Angi since June 2010

QUESTION: WAS THE LAST FOUNDATION COMPANY YOU RECEIVED A FOUNDATION REPAIR BID FROM ICC APPROVED? The Sure Safe foundation is ICC-ES listed and approved, which means the VR-1 foundation has been tested and evaluated to meet the requirements of all building codes and other applicable codes in

foundation repair (53)earthquake retrofitting (1)structural engineering (1)

02/14/2022

Ryan K.

This team arrived for work in the morning, and was complete by lunch. Outside wall repairs on MidCentury Modern, and full assessment to bring house up to modern seismic codes. Great feedback to close out, plus a solid warranty. These folks specialize in crawl space homes and keeping them solid.

Description of Work
Epoxy wall cracks, & install seismic straps

Category foundation repair, earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 02/09/2022

02/02/2021

John S.

Sure Safe came out as promised, thoroughly inspected the foundation via the crawlspace and gave me a detailed report and estimate within a few days. Art was very generous with his time and honesty in speaking with me after the report was delivered.

Description of Work
Pre-buy assessment of foundation cracking

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

09/27/2020

Octavio G.

They came back with a ridiculous assessment of my foundation that supposedly cost 12000 to fix using unconventional methods. I had three other foundation companies come out and their assessments were all consistent. The repairs I need according to these three other companies are not severe and not expensive unlike sure safe’s attempt to swindle using construction methods that are not even approved by codes. I did not use sure safe.

Description of Work
Foundation inspection

Work Completed On 09/27/2020

[Member Name Removed], we spend on the average 3-4 hours analyzing the photos and framing diagram taken of your foundation. Each proposal has photos that we took of your foundation with notes pointing out what we found. In addition to the photos, we include an engineered repair plan so that you can see what needs to be done to bring the foundation up to modern construction standards. The price you were quoted includes a permit and engineering as well, which means the work we perform on your home will be vetted by the building authority which is required by law. If you are having this work done without a permit, you are taking a chance. Kind regards, Sure Safe EFS

10/08/2019

Brian J.

We have a 50 year old single family residence that was built in the 70s. The foundation needed repairs to restore it to its original strength, and retrofits to meet current earthquake regulations. I researched all the options to repair and retrofit the home. Sure Safe's was the best available. They installed 50+ brand new concrete footers and steel piers to secure the home. No other contractor offered a solution that was adequate structurally. Art was great to work with and answered ALL my questions. Elaine coordinated the entire process and the team of Sergio, Casey and Brock worked tirelessly to install everything in a single day. Wow! I'm very pleased with the work and the solution that SureSafe installed to keep our home safe and secure. Thanks!

Description of Work
Our entire foundation needed repair and retrofitting.

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!!

03/02/2019

Catherine B.

One of three quotes we got on our home for a big project involving cracked beams/joists and piers. Suresafe gave us a quick inspection followed by a quote- with the wrong math. When emailed questions pertaining to the 15k+ project few were answered- and when I called their tone was that I clearly didn't know much about foundation repair. I value when someone takes time to share expertise in their area of work so I am comfortable paying that amount of money- I did not feel that in this interaction. Opted to not use their services.

Description of Work
Foundation repair/restoration

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

Hello [Member Name Removed]: I realize you have had several bids, Perhaps you have confused us with one of the other contractors. The following is our email conversation that was provided with the photos of your foundation and a framing diagram. Warm regards, Hello [Member Name Removed], We repair broken girders in two ways, first we repair the actual break and secure it with Simpson Strong Ties. Then we (#2) install a new sister girder alongside it. As far as strapping, we strap joist to girder and girder to post. In addition to our EV-1 footings which are conected to the footing and girder. The existing supports remain since they are important to the installation of phase 2 which usually takes one day (4-man crews). The number of VR-1 columns added are the determined by the maximum span of the girder. Since our engineering is site, soil and model specific, all is accounted for. Were you aware that each VR-1 column is engineered for both vertical and lateral seismic forces? Your foundation will protect you from earthquakes as well as strengthen your home. Please feel free to call me if you have any more questions, if you decide to move forward, I can get you scheduled right away. Warm regards, Arthur Angelo

09/12/2018

Michael S.

It went very well. Joe inspected and photographed all the supports in the crawl space. They were reviewed and annotated so that I could see exactly what their status was. I was also directed to their website to see what their process is for correcting the problems and upgrading the foundation at the same time. I bought into the process, signed the contract, and the work was completed in the time estimated. It was a pleasure working with Art and Joe and I am very confident in the integrity of the foundation now. We were living in the Bay Area at the time of the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake and talk of the possibility of a good sized quake here bothered me. Now, if that should occur here, I think the chances are much better that we will come out in good shape.

Description of Work
A number of supports in the crawl space under the house were crumbling, sinking, etc. and needed replacing.

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

06/22/2018

John S.

Arts team was out the next day after we talked to view the property and take photos to give my clients an estimate for the work that needed to be done to their foundation. He got the report back less then 24hrs after visiting the home and I felt his price was very fair. I have had a few other clients who had foundation work completed by Arts team and they were all very happy with it. His estimate did not cost my clients anything and it was very thorough.

Description of Work
We needed an estimate for foundation work

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

03/12/2018

Charles E.

Joe Hume of Sure Safe inspected my foundation and floor joists (at no charge). He crawled under all three sections of my house and took photos, which he shared with me. I remodeled my house top to bottom 11 years ago, and I have worked with many, many contractors. Joe stands out from the crowd. He was courteous, communicative, clean and efficient in his work, and honest with his assessment.

Description of Work
free inspection of my foundation and floor joists

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

03/11/2018

gayle G.

They arrived on time. Took several photos of the foundation, posts and piers. Turns out we did not need their service. Very professional and friendly.

Description of Work
Foundation Inspection

03/07/2018

KATHLEEN W.

I have an 80 yr old home in Pt Loma and have never had the foundation inspected. I am not the original owner. I had noticed some drywall cracks inside and saw flier for Sure Safe inspections. I called and spoke with Art, he asked a few questions and I explained my situation. We set an appointment and Joe came out to do the inspection. Joe called ahead to let me know his arrival time, he got here ahead of schedule. Joe and I spoke before he went under the house, inquiring about any areas of concern. Joe was under the house about 35 minutes. Once out we spoke again, said he didn’t see anything of real concern, mostly strapping for earthquake safety. I received a full report within 24 hours, pictures included. I had a few follow up questions that I corresponded with Art via email, confirmed that no repair/reinforcement work was needed at this time. Very easy to work with, friendly, professional, trust-worthy. Art did not charge me for the inspection.

Description of Work
Foundation Inspection

Work Completed On 02/27/2018

01/22/2018

Rod M.

evaluation was very good did not have the work done, price way high for me

Description of Work
evaluation of foundation evaluation was very professional price was way too high for me

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

10/25/2017

Russell B.

I called SureSafe to inspect the foundation of a home I was considering purchasing after already entering escrow, in Logan Heights San Diego CA. SureSafe sent out a technician the next day and prepared a very comprehensive report on the foundation issues along with an estimate for repair. As the seller did not want to pay for this repair, I closed the real estate deal. SureSafe saved me from purchasing a home with a bad foundation!

Work Completed On 09/14/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you!!

07/11/2017

Molly A.

He was great. I had no problem with him and his crew. They came when they said they were going to. They did what they said they were going to. They charged what they said they would. They cleaned up and went home. We didn't have to wait long for them to come out. Everything was fine and they did great work. I have nothing to compare it to other than the fact they did what they said they would and they didn't leave a mess. Our floors are solid now instead of dipping.

Description of Work
Foundation repair

Work Completed On 02/11/2017

07/04/2017

Shirag S.

Art and his team were incredibly responsive, punctual, and did great work. Also, their price was about 50% lower than competitors. I'm no engineer, but their system to approaching foundations seems quite innovative. Our floor feels much harder as a result.

Description of Work
Significant foundation repair.

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed], is was a great pleasure working for you!!

06/29/2017

Bob E.

It went great! We were in escrow selling our house and the buyers' inspector noted the poor condition of the old steel foundation. Escrow could not close until the foundation issue was resolved and we were facing a long, expensive delay. After contacting Art at Sure Safe EFS we were immediately impressed with his knowledge and experience with these types of unique foundation systems. Within a couple of days he had us scheduled for the work and the actual repair only took one day! We are now back on track with escrow and only lost a few days of time. By contacting Art and Sure Safe, we got the most knowledgeable, the most experienced, the most responsive, and most reasonably priced expert and service. We recommend Sure Safe to anyone.

Description of Work
Repair of a rusting and failing Princess House steel foundation for our house.

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

We enjoyed working with you as well. I must say that was one of the nicest homes I've seen in Santee, you did a great job!!

04/13/2017

Ronald J.

They did not show and cancelled their service appointment on the day of the appointment after previously scheduling with me themselves and I had told them previously where I was located. They said Angie's list would refund my money eventually.

Description of Work
I purchased their residential crawlspace inspection coupon with $500 credit towards foundation repair.

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

[Member Name Removed], I'm very sorry for the confusion, as soon as we were aware you are out of our area, after contacting you, we contacted Angie's List for a full refund of your money. I'm also sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you personally. Sincerely, Art Angelo, President

03/16/2017

NORM H.

I paid between $20,000 and $21,000 for foundation repair with them. I knew I needed the work. The $49 inspection was nothing. They sounded good on the phone and I kinda knew what I needed. It was a rental property where I didn't want to disturb the tenant and they didn't, so it worked out great. I give them all A's on the inspection. They did a good job. They took a lot of photos and then posted them back to me on my e-mail. They crawled under the house, and it's not a fun place to be. I give them all A's for the foundation repair.

Description of Work
This was originally an Angie's List Big Deal for $49 for foundation inspection in November.

Work Completed On 12/16/2016

03/16/2017

NORM H.

I knew I needed the repair. It took them awhile to get the permits. I would use them again if I had to.

Description of Work
They repaired foundation for me.

Work Completed On 12/16/2016

02/23/2017

Michael M.

Great. Tech arrived on time, got right to work inspecting and gathering data. Provided to engineer who provided a comprehensive evaluation of issues and recommended solutions. While we can't afford to proceed at this time with their recommendations, we will in the future.

Description of Work
Inspection of crawlspace and identification of work needed

Work Completed On 02/07/2017

01/02/2017

William V.

As advertised, Project Manager, Joe, was excellent.

Description of Work
Foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/11/2016

12/08/2016

Suzie H.

A+ in communication, customer service and on site work. We can't say enough about the excellent way Mr. Angelo and Sure Safe educated us about the process and kept us informed as the installation was carried out. This is the best foundation you can buy to ensure the longevity of your crawl space home. We are very happy with the whole process from the decision to use Sure Safe down to the inspections and site clean up.

Description of Work
Foundation repair and replacement

Work Completed On 01/02/2013

11/17/2016

Sonya E.

Amazing! The best experience I've ever had with a contractor. I recently purchased a home and discovered there was bad foundation issues. I called several companies for estimates and it was evident that Suresafe was the best option. Art went above and beyond explaining everything and even called the previous owner and explained everything to her as well. I would use Suresafe again and would recommend them to anybody. You will get what they promise and end up happy!

Description of Work
Foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/08/2016

10/17/2016

Susana D.

It was done when they said it was going to be done, permits included, I had to do nothing, very professional job well done.

Description of Work
added permanent foundation to my Manufacture home.