Skylight Pros Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2010

5336 Winthrop St

San Diego, CA 92117

Additional contact name - Lightcap Construction Services.

06/15/2016

Annette L.

Description of Work
Install replacement skylights. | |Great job! Went as expected

05/23/2016

JAMES W.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 small rectangular skylights with flat, dual-glazed, low-e, clear glass versions. So much more light in the area now. Also replaced 2 large square skylights with translucent, dual-glazed, low-e versions. All products are Velux. Very happy with the results. Would definitely use Skylight Pros again.

03/03/2016

gail H.

Description of Work
Three skykights

07/21/2015

victor C.

Kevin arrived on agreed upon time and proceeded to work. First he surveyed the job and made sure he had adequate room to maneuver in my kitchen. Taped the ends of his ladder so not to damage drywall in light-shaft and also to prevent ladder from sliding away. He was very safety conscientious and had a helper he was explaining every move in detail. Went up the shaft and replaced assembly that I had preordered from manufacturer. We agreed that I would purchase parts since Velux does not give contractors any break on parts. He was very thorough and did some additional repairs (reseated/stapled weather stripping on frame and cleaned skylight glass w/widex. Also reprogrammed remote) at no cost. Kevin of Skylight Pros is an anomaly in the service industry, he is someone that takes pride in his work and gives his customers a great value for services rendered! I would highly recommend him to anyone needing work on their skylights.

Description of Work
replaced velux control assembly for my skylight.

06/24/2015

Danette H.

My kind of business. Personal service from the owner. Detail-oriented, clean, punctual, listens, knowledgeable, honest, reliable and takes pride in customer service. I like small-business owners who don't have a lot of middle-men. Doesn't get much better than this.

Description of Work
Installed skylights in a condo project. Homeowner's Association hired him so it was paid for by the Association.

04/21/2015

Bonnie J.

We are very happy with the new skylights and the fine work done. We would certainly use them again if there were a need.

Description of Work
Kevin came out and measured and helped us know exactly what we needed in order to reduce heat and give adjustable light. We purchased two operable replacement skylights. He was extremely helpful. His helpers came promptly after we received the approval from our homeowners association and did an excellent job, leaving it cleaner than it was before they started.

02/19/2015

Carol K.

11/13/2014

Nathalie C.

the installation was done very well and so far, there's been no water leak from the installation. Skylight Pros had to add additional beams to support the roof and because it was not part of the original quotation, Skylight Pros did not charge for it. We are very pleased with the job done and with the solar tubes. I would recommend both Skylight pros for the install and the solar tubes for anyone who has a room with windows.

Description of Work
install 2 solar tube skylights; 1 in laundry room, 1 in the bathroom

06/22/2014

Hope G.

During the negotiation I had requested a start date since one was not present in his proposal. He led me to believe that this was a moving target, since the manufacturer had a 6 to 8 week window for delivery. Over the phone we agreed that worst case from the date of the order we would have our skylights installed 10 weeks later (8 weeks manufacturer, plus 2 weeks installer). This brought the start date to NLT 5/30/14. We did not hear from Mr. Lightcap and thought everything was on track. We called him on 5/30/14 and found out that the skylights would not be delivered until mid-July. I became firm with Mr. Lightcap at this point, and he called in some favors with the manufacturer to get our skylights delivered sooner. He also provided me documentation that indicated he knew in late April that our order would not be shipped before the end of May, and never bothered to contact us about the potential delay at that time. He was not proactive with our order until we called him. I will say, once we had his attention he moved mountains to get the skylights delivered and installed. We're very pleased with the installation process and the quality of the product. The skylight looks good and works very well.

Description of Work
Replaced two skylights; one of which is a solar-operated skylight that now opens for ventilation

06/18/2014

Silvia R.

06/05/2014

craig G.

03/12/2014

Lisa M.

I was shopping for solar tube to brighten my kitchen/front room area, but found very little info online to help me decide which brand would best meet my needs. I was looking at both Solatube and Natural Light, and was referred to Skylight Pros for possible installation. Kevin was very helpful, considered my concerns and provided detailed information. After looking at where I wanted the tube installed (he was the only one of estimates I got who actually went into the attic to check out the access for installation) he recommended Natural Light and suggested I come to showroom (which is in his home where he has a number of solar tubes installed). I was able to see construction and compare both brands. I went with his recommendation and had Natural Light tube installed. Installers were prompt, friendly, neat, and efficient. Kevin came as well to make sure placement was correct (as we had agreed). I love how bright my kitchen is now, and I no longer have to turn on the lights during the day! (btw- He also offers a 3-year warranty on labor; we had a huge storm shortly after installation, so I guess if it was going to leak that would have done it- no worries!) Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Installed Natural Light solar tube

02/10/2014

Roderick C.

There has never been a leak. He is awesome. We

Description of Work
installed 5 skylights and 1 solar tube

02/04/2014

Stephanie S.

Kevin was very informative and called Velux from our house to see if the skylights we wanted were in stock because we had time constraints.

Description of Work
We replaced two older plastic dome skylights with two Velux skylights with built in blackout blinds.

12/16/2013

Meriah A.

It took a long time for Kevin Lightcap, the owner, to get back to us after our initial request (about three weeks), but a follow-up call went smoothly from there. We had to schedule the work about a month and a half in advance due to my travel restrictions and his busy schedule. But when the day came they were very professional. The job took four days total, even though the originally-planned three-man job was reduced to two due to sickness. Kevin took the time to explain each step he was performing, and he and the other worker took good care to cover and protect the furniture during the sanding and painting interior work. They replaced a small batch of shingles that had cooked on our roof around the new skylights, and did his best to match the sheen, color, and texture of our ceiling paint job. They spent a full day waterproofing around the skylights using both flashing and by placing additional felt on the and quot;uphilland quot; shingles. He provided all warranties and explained how to operate the remote solar-powered systems. The new shingles were placed on the back of our roof so that the front roof could use the original shingles and thus match the color.

Description of Work
Provider installed three 22.5'' by 46.5'' Velux skylights in residential living room, solar powered blind and window opening. Work including cutting the holds, installing the lights, flashing and waterproofing the room, and repainting the ceiling area around the lights.

07/09/2013

Loraine S.

Mr. Kevin Lightcap responded to my e-mailed message the same afternoon, and came to my house the next day to estimate the cost of the job. He came one week later and spent three hours replacing the broken mechanism and re-activating the two other skylights. One of these needed to have peeling varnish scraped off the wooden frame. Mr. Lightcap climbed on the roof and removed this skylight, scraped the frame down to good wood, and replaced the skylight. He cleaned all the glass on all three skylights, and made sure each one worked well before he left. He took care to spread a large dropcloth over furniture and carpets, and cleaned up perfectly. Three days later Mr. Lightcap stopped by to give me an extension for one of the poles used to open the skylight; it is now long enough for me to use easily. I highly recommend Skylight Pros, Inc.

Description of Work
Replaced locking mechanism on large skylight. This skylight is old, and the mechanism is no longer available to purchase, but Mr. Lightcap had one at his office that came from another job. We are fortunate that he knew there would be a need for this device. Two other, smaller, skylights in the house were difficult to open, and he loosened them, and made them work perfectly.

02/21/2012

LOREN V.

12/02/2011

DONNA M.

They did the work really well. Kevin the owner came and gave the estimate. He arranged for a time to install it. Two guys worked on it. They came when they said they are coming. They did the work in a timely fashion. They cleaned up after themselves and put a drop across down in the shower where the skylight was going in. They were very good. I had a good experience with them. The price was in the range of what I was expecting. I felt like I got my money worth. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Skylight Pros Inc this week to put skylights. I had a stationary skylight. I had that removed and replaced with the one that opens.

08/30/2011

Marilyn R.

I just described this above. They were very careful and cleaned up everything.

Description of Work
Chimney of free standing fireplace removed. Hole for skylight prepared and installed. Special care of roofing around installation done expertly. Interior finishing was great. We were very pleased. Most of the companies would not even consider doing this kind of project.

03/12/2010

Nancy A.

In preparation to re-roof, we needed to remove existing skylights and install new skylights. Kevin Lightcap was very cooperative in working with us and our schedule to re-roof. When he came to estimate the job, Kevin gave us advice on improved skylights to replace our aging skylights. Kevin then removed the existing skylights and installed the new skylights. He left us the cardboard boxes from the new skylights so the roofers could put the boxes over the new skylights and protect them from damage. We received courteous, helpful, cooperative, professional service

Description of Work
Remove existing skylight before re-roofing Install new skylights

Satisfaction

Install, repair & replace both traditional & tubular skylights.