Semper Solaris - San Diego

Founded 2012 • With Angi since August 2014

3.9

964 5th Ave #510

San Diego, CA 92101

Semper Solaris – San Diego is California’s premier solar panel installation contractor, residential roofing contractor and, residential heating and air conditioning contractor! We offer the best solar panels available on the market and we are locally and Veteran owned. Oo-rah! We’d love to crunch

12/05/2022

Meike K.

BEWARE - It says so much about a company when they refuse to communicate via email, clearly not wanting to commit their maliciousness to written fact - I contacted Semper Solaris in May 2021 because half the panels on a fairly new system that was installed in 2018 (sold to a veteran for $49k) had blown off and the system was down. As if in slow motion, it took Semper almost 5 months and 3 inverters to fix the system (which I was told by technicians were installed incorrectly). I believed, Semper Solaris owed me money for electricity costs during such a long down time (note: they insist they never pay electricity costs for downed systems) - at which time I realized how could the electricity cost not change with the system working or not? Weird. I contacted Semper Solaris and was assured I was unclear on my electricity usage. However, my deductive reasoning suggested that the system was either not connected to the grid or perhaps not connected to the meter. Was that possible from a system installed in 2018? Semper insisted they could not determine this themselves, its a Southern California Edison issue to solve (which I discovered is not exactly true and could have been solved very easily by a Semper Solaris technician coming and opening the connection boxes). After almost a year and a half of phone calls, emails, waiting on hold, more hours than I could count to resolve - I finally get Southern California Edison to inspect the meter 6 weeks ago, and low and behold - this solar system has not been connected to a meter since its installation in 2018, thus paying full electrical costs! Wow, and the SCE technician also stated that he had been here in 2018 because previous owner complained of the same issue, when the technician discovered that Semper had mistakenly connected this solar system to a third party oil rig and marked the oil rigs connection box with solar power stickers. Then in an attempt to correct (once discovered by SCE), they illegally accessed the SC&E meter and jury rigged a what they thought was a connection - once again, incorrectly, so that the solar system was, again, not connected!! SS finally connected this system , after 4 years of being unconnected (and don’t forget the beginning of the story where half the panels blew off). Their account exec disdainfully recently told me that I am like a person who bought a car from a car dealership and am complaining about a flat tire! This is so offensive after all I have been through with them. They have skirted any kind of accountability conversation, and have now begun to refer to this as simply a “warranty issue” and will not discuss any financial damages. If it were not for my tenacious work over 17 months, this system would have paid full electricity for the lifetime of the system after almost $50,000 investment. While Semper Solaris seems to get press as a top tier solar company, I did find them on a consumer watchlist at California Solar Consumer Protection ([*** Link removed ***] you can look up their watchlist of non-compliant solar providers. This has been a lesson in repeated corporate buffoonery and egregious and negligent business practices, over and over and over again. Stay away from this company.

Description of Work
New system that was not connected to a mater for 4 years.

11/29/2022

Julia K.

Besides unacceptable worst customer service ever with overpriced quotes, unprofessional conduct of sales reps coming over with hang over and alcohol breath with shaking hands barely listening to our requests with shaken after all night in the bar hands (Rob, salesman words not mine, mine is just an observation), there is NOTHING military grade service about Semper Solaris…and and I speak as a retired Navy veteran. I am speaking and trying to have upgraded service from them for over a year. Given false promises, fake advertisements for upgraded systems, there is nothing noble resembling military integrity and conduct about them. Executive assistant held me in limbo asking to take off my negative review on Google for almost 2 months meanwhile attracting customers with false advertising of IQ8 upgrade which is available to exciting customers (this came directly from the owner), and false promised service and to be delivered contract masking it with claimed being best solar company yet just simply attracting more and more customers deceitfully attracting new customers with faulty promises and products without a doing legitimate job with improper advertisement yet bound current customer with technically inaccurate and misleading warranty; didn’t even bother to call me when she promised. Everything about them is improper and way below Military integrity and ethics of work delivery and promise.. Look at Truspilot review, it is real evaluation of this company “2” stars. Run away before they will get you with a flow system on false pretense. I don’t do such a brutal negative wen comment for local companies, but Semper Solar sure deserve it. To conclude and wrap it up: Last conversation was to actually deny me a future project. Owner denied it on a fact I posted a legitimate, verified on current advertisement and my own experience honest reviewer. The Fact that false advertisement accusation was based on failing the delivery of IQ8 microinverters and battery systems,, which I temporarily suspended hoping they actually will delivery the promise. Just hear me out… they found me by fake warranty and upgrade is denied, AVOID this company at all costs. Veterans/military don’t treat each other like that, they correct the problem and move on, refusing service has to be legitimate. I don;’t believe it is even veteran own or founded, and all the Jets Co-founder can afford to fly on your honestly earned money will not be of all mistreatment, below optimal product and inferior product. Trustpilot has a true reflection of their performance or lack of it. (2 stars is noo much for their performance). Demand: since I need system expansion which is covered by this solar company, I need either a refund without uninstalling it with all emotional distress, or deliver the advertised promise, and install IQ8 inverters,.. How do you do it to another veteran if its true and you are veteran funded company?

Description of Work
Solar installation, solar expension, battery, advertised upgrade of inverters

08/03/2022

Amber R.

They are the worst possible Company !!!!! They put our solar and AC in July last year and two weeks later our whole house had water damage from it leaking into our floors , walls and ceiling. All of the owners mangers and employees ignored or never called back and hung up on us when we contacting them. We had to threaten to sue and go to the better businesses bureau for them to contact us. By then we had to take apart our whole kitchen and some of our walls because it was completely damaged and rebuild it. They took no responsibility at all. Our insurance sued them and helped us with most of the repairs. Still to this day we have problems with it leaking and other stuff wrong with it and they keep sending people out to fix it and they never fully fix it. Even asked to have the manager come out but they will not speak to us or come out. If you wanna keep your home how it is and not damage do not spend your money on these horrible people and horrible business. Had to uprooted my whole family for a year living in a construction zone had to have one of my kids live with their grandparents. grandparents. IF YOU GET ANYTHING FROM THIS DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT YOUR HOUSE TO STAY INTACT.

Description of Work
Worst company ever. !

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, solar panels

06/08/2020

Peter V.

I would never use this company. They have been saw-cutting a 27' long trench at my next-door neighbors house for 6 days now. Jack hammering, and gas saws all day long. My house is slimed with dust. No one from the company or crew has come over to apologize or offer to clean up. When I called the company I only got lip service from a junior call center clerk. I am in real estate and construction and know that a competent crew with the right equipment could have knocked out this job in a day.

Description of Work
Solar Panel install

09/27/2017

Tom M.

Installation was good. Service and support is terrible. It's been two months and no one came out to show me how the darn thing work. The monitoring app is very poor. Will not recommend and will not use them again.

Description of Work
$50,000 worth of solar.

05/05/2017

STEVEN A.

05/03/2017

Mark H.

Product is superb. I am an engineer and researched the solar cell technology. It is a high reliability mechanical design with a 25 year power generation warranty. No pressure sales. Gave me a good price compared to what I researched on historical installs in California. Worked engineering and permits for me. I only had to be present for inspections. Crews were friendly and professional. They explained everything to me when I asked questions. No BS.

Description of Work
Install 5 kW solar array with associated harness and electronics. Arranged permits and inspections. Repair dry wall where electronics were installed.

10/30/2016

Joe S.

Semper Solaris were prompt in their communication and our solar panels were installed a month in advance from what we expected. We are so pleased with their service and responsiveness. We just received our first electric bill and experienced a 75% reduction. We highly recommend Semper Solaris.

Description of Work
Semper Solaris installed 18 SunPower solar panels on our home.

10/10/2016

Tom L.

Once the HOA approval paperwork was done, and the City Permits completed, the installation took about 3 full days. City Inspection was ~2 days later, and SCE another 4 days to approve and get me on the grid. Corey (Sales) assisted with paperwork needed for HOA approval, Jackie (Electrician) and his team were always polite and willing to answer any and all questions I had. I do have one small hiccup on the Sunpower Monitoring system, but they will be here tomorrow to fix that.

Description of Work
Purchase and install Solar Panels

10/10/2016

Ronald K.

Everything went smoothly. Very professional.

Description of Work
Roof top solar system. 12 panel Sunpower system

09/23/2016

Fred F.

From the day I signed the contracts, which were explained in detail by Semper Solas Representive Cory Krein,until I fully understood the program, things went well with one exception. That being the City of Menifee beurocratic foot dragging as well as So.Cal Edison on inspections and final approval. They do things at their own speed.........SLOW! The eitire installation crew of Semper Solaris were on time and very professional, not only in the installation but their attitude. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. They deserve it. What a joy to watch your electric meter run backwards.It's get even time with high electric bills. Being a Vet myself, what better way is there to do business than with another Vet.

Description of Work
Finally got the approval to switch the panels on .

07/06/2016

ANN C.

very well.... we have a flat roof which some companies won't touch and we have an existing system we wanted to add to and that threw some companies. They have a ballast system which we had hoped to use to avoid penetrating waterproofing, but city won't permit that for a small job. They contacted the people who make our waterproofing to make sure their waterproofing would be compatible. Very professional. Took a fairly long time to get started but our engineering was unusual and I think the permit took a long time. Once on the job it was fast and we were very happy.

Description of Work
expand solar with new panels

06/08/2016

Mike M.

This is a review of my Semper Solaris solar panel system installation in May of 2016. Sales person was Bob King and installation team leader was Allen. Having researched extensively solar power systems for 2 months, solicited 6 bids and consulting in-person with 4 sales reps, I decided to go with Semper Solaris based on the quality of the hardware / equipment. Warranty. Company reviews and most importantly, price point. My sales person, Bob King completely walked me thru the entire system. From financial and environmental benefits, to the entire installation process with SCE, City, tax benefits, etc. He spoke to me in a manner that allowed me to fully grasp all the information in a very understandable way. Even the concepts I was not fully understanding, Bob provided me with the information to grasp the most detailed and in-depth grasp of everything. I really thought I would be going with the leading warehouse store as they just starting offering solar and I'm a loyal customer of this warehouse store. But after getting their quote (higher price) and almost hanging up on the numerous rude sales people, I just couldn't get around the fact that it was just another high pressure sales boiler room environment trying to scam me. The Semper Solaris installation workers showed up when promised and performed high quality work. They were VERY nice guys. Spoke to me numerous times during each installation day to ensure everything was good from my perspective and clearly outlined everything that was happening., I was very satisfied with the installation workmanship. Semper Solaris administrative support (accounting and scheduling) was helpful and courteous, all questions were answered quickly and any questions were addressed and answered quickly. The most impressive aspect of the whole experience with Semper Solaris and Bob King was the speed and ease of the entire process. From the first appointment, to the date I signed the contract, to the installation, to the date of Edison issuing my PTO was 6 weeks, simply outstanding and Semper communicated to me the entire time. I highly recommend Semper Solaris and Bob King to anyone looking to invest in solar power. Long term, it will be one of the best investments I will ever make as costs go up on electricity but I will have all the power I need and will pay almost nothing per year for that power. This is the second house I have installed solar because of the tax benefits, power savings etc. Even if you just want to inquire about it, call Semper and/or Bob and the no pressure information is very helpful and informative. I knew I was going to pull the trigger and I made the right choice for my solar system by using Semper Solaris.

Description of Work
Install solar system for a vacation home.

01/01/2016

Charles H.

Category solar panels

Thank you for the great review!

12/02/2015

Gaylord F.

Everything was done on time and it only took a few days to get the system up and running. The only glitch we had was the internet connection so they could monitor the panel performance, but that was a Cox Cable issue.

Description of Work
They got me approved for a lease program and installed the panels exactly as I requested.

Category solar panels

Thank you very much for your business

05/18/2015

RANDALL K.

Dealt directly with the owner and still call him occasionally when ever I have an questions. The were very professional, did the job quickly and I am extremely satisfied with the results I compared 4 different companies and once I was sure exactly what I wanted they provide the best price.

Description of Work
Installation of 18 roof top solar panels

It was a pleasure dealing with you Mr. {Member's name removed} - John

Crawl Space and Attic Pro

We use the best materials, and equipment for insulation, HVAC, air purification and indoor air quality. We are committed to providing the best customer service and achieving the best possible results. As a one stop solution source we offer the full gamut of professional services: Air purification systems, Attic and crawl space cleaning, rodent proofing, sanitation, insulation removal, insulation replacement and installation, air duct repair/replacement/re-routing, and furnace cleaning. We also offer a full range of HVAC and energy savings services and are CDC compliant. Our company has served the greater San Diego area for years using only the best trained and experienced technicians. We are committed to safer and healthier work/living environment and customer satisfaction. Click this link to learn about the importance of air purification systems https://www.iwaveair.com

Same Day Heating & Air Conditioning

COVID-19: With the health and safety of our customers in mind, Same Day Heating & Air is taking extra preventative measures and following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines in the office, traveling and in your home. We are committed to the health and safety of our customers, employees, and all families involved. For in-person consultations and appointments, our team members will forego any customary handshake greeting. They will be wearing gloves and masks. We will continue to wear sanitary booties (as is the standard) and wipe down tables/phones used with sanitary wipes.Always FREE Estimates and Second Opinions on Service Calls!! Welcome to Same Day Heating & Air Conditioning! We are a Family Owned and Operated Residential Heating & Air Conditioning Company. We specialize in partnering with Home Owners to Design and Install the most efficient and comfortable residential heating and cooling systems in San Diego County. We pride ourselves on providing Best in Class Customer Service by not only having our Guarantees and Warranties in writing but also by allowing our employees to love on our clients just like we love on them. This has worked for many years. Our Family at Same Day continue to be the cornerstone of what sets us apart from our competitors. With that we are able to offer you a "100% Right...or 100% Free Guarantee" on any of our services or installations. You have an entire year....365 days to decide if got what you paid for and if for any reason we can not make you happy and satisfied we will provide you with a 100% Refund. Period. We look forward to having the opportunity to meet you and to welcome you into our Family here at Same Day. You wont regret giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air

Need a licensed and efficient plumbing, drain, heating or air conditioning professional? San Diegans have trusted their homes to us for over 40 years! We have the experience, training and tools to expertly detect and fix leaks, clear drains, repair sewer lines, and to repair, service and install all brands of heating and AC systems. We stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and "Nobody wows clients like we do!" Before you decide who gets your business, there are a few more things you should know about us: - We are Licensed and Insured - We are a woman-owned, family business. We take pride in our policies and procedures that ensure you get the extra care your family deserves. - We want you to be safe in your home. We conduct some of the strictest background checks in our industry. We even do a personality profile test on every employee... making sure we have the right person for the job. - We offer the strongest guarantees in the industry ... always in writing! - We believe in paying it forward. We support a number of local non-profits such as Susan G. Komen - San Diego, the USO, Girl Scouts and many more. How can we make you smile today?

California
    CSLB
    10/31/2018
    Financing, American Express, Visa, MasterCard

Solar Energy Equipment Supplier, Roofing Contractor, Heating & Air Conditioning/HVAC