I'll Handle IT

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2010

I started "I'll Handle It" to address what I recognized as a need that homeowners have for competent, knowledgeable and courteous home improvement service professionals to help them with all manner of projects large and small. Founded in San Diego, "I'll Handle It" is a home grown business that prides itself in its responsiveness to its customers needs. At "I'll Handle It" "Professional Service You Can Rely on" is our mantra, and we can prove it....

Dave Pfizenmeier, Owner

handyman (227)door installation (31)plumbers (27)electrician (25)interior painting (24)lighting (23)home remodeling (22)fence company (18)house painting (13)tile installation (12)ceiling fan installation (11)drywall (9)

08/11/2022

James A.

It could not have gone better. Dave was wonderful. Very professional and considerate. The work performed was excellent. I would hire him again in a second!

Description of Work
Removed 2 dog doors, Installed mail slot in front door, fixed screens

Category drywall, handyman service, screen repair, window treatments, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/09/2022

Thank You for your consideration and trust in us to handle your project. We stand ready to help with any future repairs or remodeling.

06/01/2022

Scott B.

It went awesome. It couldn't have been a better experience overall and I recommend I'll Handle It to everyone. Dave and Keith were great, did great work, and Handled It!

Description of Work
Fencing

Category fencing

Work Completed On 04/25/2022

We appreciate the work. Enjoy your new fence.

07/12/2021

Nick H.

Dave did great work for us. We wanted to update three bathrooms. Dave replaced the floors, vanities, mirrors, and all the fixtures. He also brought in a subcontractor to reglazed the tubs. Dave finished on time, on budget, and the work looks great. I will definitely call Dave next time I need a contractor or handyman.

Description of Work
Three bathroom

Category awnings, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

It was our pleasure. Enjoy the bathrooms.

06/17/2021

Sandra S.

If I could give I'll Handle It ten stars, I would! I hired Dave, the owner, to tear down my old fence and build me a new one. The proposal price was right in line with what I was expecting and I chose I'll Handle It over the others that I interviewed because of how Dave really listened to what I wanted and although offered suggestions didn't try to push me otherwise. Dave's expertise really became apparent when a snag appeared in the installation because of how the old fence had been installed over a concrete block retaining wall. A masonry person needed to be called in to fix the problem and Dave was able to get him to come over to look at it that same day and the extra cost was right in line with what I was expecting. The masonry repair was completed the next day and Dave finished up constructing my new fence the day after that. This masonry problem really created a problem for Dave because he is very busy and had to move some other work around that he had scheduled for other people. But through it all, he was friendly and solution oriented, and very concerned that my fence was built the way I wanted it. The new fence is fantastic!! I highly recommend Dave and I'll Handle It. Give him a call at 858-449-4598 or send a message on his website at illhandleitsd.com/reques…

Description of Work
Old fence removed and a new fence built

Category fencing

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

06/07/2021

Robin T.

Excellent service. I will use again.

Description of Work
Curtain rod installation, large art hanging, fixed cabinet door.

Category handyman service, window treatments

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

04/11/2021

Marcella V.

Excellent job. Honest, reliable, under promised and over performed. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
assemble patio furniture

Category awnings

Work Completed On 03/23/2021

12/28/2020

Carrie S.

I was very impressed with his handiwork. He was very clean, friendly, and capable. I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Handyman

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

Thank you for the opportunity. Looking forward to the next project.

12/24/2020

Andy F.

Excellent. Dave was a true professional who did excellent work.

Description of Work
Handyman

Category awnings, handyman service

Work Completed On 12/24/2020

Glad I could be of service. Hope you will reach out to us in the future.

12/15/2020

Jordan H.

Dave was really easy to work with and he did a great job hanging everything up on my walls. Looking forward to hiring him again whenever I need things taken down and the wall repaired!

Description of Work
Shelving installation

Category awnings, handyman service

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Thank You. It was my pleasure. Best of luck with your educational pursuits. Please call again.

12/13/2020

matt A.

Great! Dave is really good at what he does and super honest.

Description of Work
Replace ceiling fan and general handyman work.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

Thank You, It was a pleasure.

11/17/2020

Margaret H.

Excellent! Appointment was on time, and friendly and professional service. I had a jammed garbage disposal that was quickly determined to be from a soda can tab. Additionally, I had two wall sconces hung. I am very pleased with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal and lighting installation

Category handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

Thank You . We hope that you will think of us in the future.

11/11/2020

James O.

Dave came on time and performed all of the tasks we agreed upon exactly as he said he would. We have used him before a few years ago so we knew exactly who to call this time around. Dave has always suggested solutions for us which are cost-effective which I appreciate a great deal. He has a stellar reputation so his schedule is packed; you might need to wait a while but he's definitely worth it.

Description of Work
Various outdoor handyman tasks

Category fencing, handyman service

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

Thank you very much. We look forward to the next project.

11/08/2020

Michael A.

Above and beyond - cordial, hard-working, no time wasted.

Description of Work
Handyman

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 11/08/2020

It was my pleasure to help out. Welcome to your new home. Looking forward to the next project.

11/07/2020

MARy K.

Dave is very responsive and and very knowledgeable. He fixed my closet door and I have hired him to do a lot more work for me. I know he is good because he definitely keeps busy with multiple repair jobs. If you want something done go to the busy person. They find way to make it happen.

Description of Work
Fix doorway on my washer dryer enclosure

Category handyman service, home security systems

Work Completed On 11/07/2020

I will always do my best to respond to the needs of the customer. Looking forward to the next project.

08/18/2020

James B.

A+++ I highly recommend and will surely use him again

Description of Work
Installed new smoke/carbon monoxide detectors in rental property

Category handyman service, home security systems

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

Thank you. I am glad that I could help out.

05/30/2020

Lynn E.

Excellent! He was fast, prompt and efficient. I'll definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Shed installation, Kitchen Faucet installation

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

It was our pleasure to help with your projects. We hope to hear from you in the future.

05/29/2020

Kathy B.

Great! Took the time to do the job right.

Description of Work
Added on to shelf for new washer, changed water valves

Category plumbing, home security systems, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

It was my please to do the job. Enjoy your new washing machine. We hope that you will consider our sevices in the future.

05/26/2020

Candace P.

Went really well and was happy with the work. He was on time.

Description of Work
He cut out drywall in garage and painted and replaced it

Category drywall

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

It was a pleasure to help [Member Name Removed] with her project. Looking forward to the opportunity to assist with future projects.

03/12/2020

Robert C.

Great at first. Appointment was on time. Bid was within market. Followup was poor. Seemed to be unaccommodatting to revise estimates after coming in high. Would recommend a second option when working with this contractor.

Description of Work
Bathroom rehab

Category home remodeling

First of all I work for hundreds of homeowners who have been completely satisfied with our work. Upon the first service request we responded in a very timely and reasonable manner. We have two bathrooms that were bid within this price. This price was solidly if not below industry standards due to the scope of work which was unusual because the homeowner was doing some of the work. After some time the homeowner asked if the bid could be changed to add the plumbing duties due to the fact that the homeowner felt that the plumber that was to do the work was quote "A Flake". I am swamped and booked out 30 plus days, so after a few days I sent a revised bid with the plumbing included. I didnt get a response to that revision for a few days. When I finally got a response, it was to ask for another revision to the original bid. I felt that I had responded well to all requests and I didn't see the need to keep revising the bid. Therefore I thanked the homeowner for his consideration and wished him great success with the project and very respectfully withdrew our name from the list of contractors. I always encourage homeowners to procure multiple bids. At the end of the day, quality matters. As you can see we pride ourselves in our responsiveness and quality of work. As you can see, we never did any work for this homeowner. I feel that this review was completely without basis.

01/11/2020

Norma S.

Dave showed up on time. He masked off the appropriate areas and cleaned up when the job was complete. The door looks brand new even though Dave said it might only stay that way a few years. A very diligent worker with a good sense of humor. I have more “stuff” for him to do.

Description of Work
Security door was scraped for rust and painted

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

12/13/2019

Heather G.

Great! He was very quick to respond and took care of everything efficiently.

Description of Work
Handyman List, lots of small projects

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

12/02/2019

Steve S.

excellent communication, excellent customer service, and excellent follow-up.

Description of Work
Minor interior repairs

Work Completed On 12/03/2019