GPD Co Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 2004

4136 Napier St

San Diego, CA 92110

General remodeling and specializing in independent living and aging in place. Visit www.sandiegowalkinshowers.com. Additional e-mail - dgallowa@san.rr.com....

12/27/2012

Walter K.

He is excellent. The work get's done correctly and on time. He is very responsive to questions or concerns, returns phone calls immediately, and is obsessive about overseeing the projects.

Description of Work
Dick has done work at my house over the past several years including a new roof, dry wall repair, and construction of a pergola and a building in the back yard and a whole range of handy man type fixes.

Category ceramic tile, decks, handyman service, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling, interior painters

10/30/2012

Margret R.

Very positive experience. It was great working with the folks at GPD. They followed through on everything in a timely manner and the quality of work was excellent as evidenced by how well everything has held up. Plus I really like the way they seem to treat employees making sure proper equipment was used and their safety was ensured. High praise for this company is in order.

Description of Work
I used this company about six years ago on a rental property and had a very positive experience. I'm happy to report that even after the passage of time the work has held up beautifully and I have had no problems; the work, which entailed protecting the structure from water incursion as well as structural repair, resolved the problems.

09/19/2011

Margret R.

Excellent service and work. Also very trustworthy. Crew was always throughout professional. Never felt my project was being juggled with other jobs. I was very impressed with professionalism and work ethic - did what they said they were going to do and when promised. Kept me fully informed along the way. Even today GPD is my "go to " place for construction questions/ jobs.

Description of Work
Correction, improvement & remodeling of a shingle family rental home. GPD corrected a major problem. I had with water incursion. Also corrected structural issues that surfaced as a result of a number of years of water damage.

Category plumbing, remodeling

09/14/2011

Lynn L.

It was a pleasure working with GPD Company. The workers were knowledgably, high-quality and excellent workmanship. If anything goes wrong they make sure to fix it until customer is satisfied.

Description of Work
GPD Co Inc replaced upstairs bathroom drain line and installed family room ceiling fan. They did many electrical works at house. They removed throughout downstairs patch and paint the ceiling. They also installed a mirror in the downstairs bathroom.

06/03/2011

Rick B.

Gave excellent advice. Would definitely use them.

Description of Work
Gave estimate on shower remodel.

11/19/2009

Lynn L.

The owner is very quality conscience and very good to work with. He was prompt and kept his quote close to what he said. We'll be hiring him again in the future if we need anything else done.

Description of Work
They did some painting, plumbing, and general handy-man work.

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

10/02/2009

NADENE V.

The estimate he gave me seemed very high. He did not seem to listen to what I wanted to happen, but kept suggesting on what he wanted to do.

Description of Work
He gave me an estimate for various projects in my condo.

08/18/2009

PAMELA P.

Dick Gallaway is very knowledgeable and experienced.

Description of Work
1992 and 2002. represented me in buying and selling of homes

Category real estate agents

05/14/2009

Jan G.

They were very cooperative and did a good job. They showed up on time - I have no complaints! I would use them again.

Description of Work
I needed someone to do all my Christmas lights for me. They came out and told me that no job was too small and did the work.

Category handyman service

02/16/2009

Rosalind .

it all went very well and our kitchen looks beautiful--GPD workers did a wonderful job--also flexible--willing to add on new tasks as we went along, punctual, very neat and clean--all nicely coordinated by Dick Galloway.

Description of Work
Alot of work: we had our kitchen wall opened up 6x3 ft--ready for a counter; ; 7 new can lights replacing a flourescent box in kitchen, can light in hallway, some extra outlets in the kitchen and attic, phone and cable outlets, a vent hood modified and installed above cooktop, and our badly worn pine kitchen floor sanded and refinished.

09/24/2008

SUSAN D.

They were very reliable. They cleaned up their messes. When I changed my mind mid stream, they didn't seem to mind. The work turned out beautiful. The contractor is very, very nice. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They gutted two bathrooms and totally redid them. They put in scrape ceiling, crown molding, and replaced windows. They also completely gutted my kitchen and redid it.

Category drywall, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

11/27/2007

SUSAN D.

Have been very satisfied with all of GPD's work. They are almost always right on time, pleasant, excellent with details and clean up. Very easy to work with and reasonably priced. I would definitely have them do future work on my home.

Description of Work
Totally gutted master bath, family bathroom and kitchen. Crown molding, tile; laminate flooring, complete new kitchen and bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

11/26/2007

Deborah G.

All crew members arrived on time -- appointments kept on time. Would use this company again.

Description of Work
Repair termite and wood rot damage to exterior of south facing wall.

Category handyman service

05/08/2006

JORGE G.

We interacted with Alex Messier and his team during this job. The end result was very nice, the quality of the work was excellent. Alex took care of explaining all of the steps on the process and did not create false expectations. The completion of the job was as scheduled. The area was left very clean at the end of each workday We will seriously consider them if we have further remodel/repair work.

Description of Work
Re-tiled a bath tub area, a job that included: (1)Repair access hole left by plumbers (2)Other repairs to tub area that left it 'paint ready' (3)Installed corner bead to tub corner (4)Supply and install 1/2" hardback (5)Installed owner supplied tile to tub area (approx. 66 sq. ft.), 6'6" height above floor (6)Cleaned up after completion of work.

04/28/2005

Patricia W.

AN ESTIMATE WAS RECEIVED IN A TIMELY AND VERY THOROUGH MANNER, VIA MAIL AND E-MAIL. SERVICES WERE NOT UTILIZED DUE TO THE NEIGHBOR DECIDING TO HANDLE HIS PORTION OF THE FENCE. SINCE ALL MINE NEEDED WAS A GOOD PAINT JOB, A FRIEND CAME TO MY RESCUE.

Description of Work
I REQUESTED AN ESTIMATE TO REPAIR/REPLACE AND PAINT A FENCE ALONG THE SIDE OF THE HOUSE.

Category fencing

08/24/2004

JEANINE L.

A LITTLE PRICEY, BUT THE QUALITY IS OUTSTANDING. THE DOOR LOOKS LIKE IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE!

Description of Work
INSTALLED NEW DOOR IN FAMILY ROOM. REPAIRED DECK.

Team Forss Realty Group

There are a ton of real estate agents out there, so what makes Team Forss so different? The answer is simple. Real Estate with a passion and guaranteed results! Our tested and proven marketing strategy reaches more buyers than anyone – which means more money in YOUR pocket. What is the best way to determine the most impactful marketing strategy? Easy! Measurable results. Ranked in the Wall Street Journal by REAL TRENDS as the #1 in Team in California based on SOLD homes, Team Forss sells a home every 17 hours on average! We also list homes and sell them for up to 21% more than the board average. How do we do it? We utilize every available marketing outlet, including Radio, TV, Internet to create more demand for your home. We’re also on Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Realtor.com and Yelp. So it’s no wonder why we are recommended by Barbara Corcoran – best known as the real estate icon from Shark Tank TV show. Compare us with any other Realtor! We offer performance guarantees – in writing.

HUGE Handyman Home Service

Let us check off your list! We are a collective of experienced, detail oriented, and INSURED handymen. We show up on time, communicate well, and treat your job as if it's in our own house. Check out our profile on Thumbtack, over 200 jobs and a perfect 5 stars (over 120 reviews and counting).

Wilson services

Kitchens, bathrooms, carpet, wood & vinyl floors, counter tops such as granite, solid surfaces, tile & windows.

Roofing.