DECKMASTERS

San Diego, CA 92119

Small Business...

07/03/2013

Carol S.

They did a great job. The quality was excellent but it's hard to get hold of the owner either by telephone or e-mail. They did the job on the time and they were on time.

Description of Work
I did hire Deckmasters to refinish the deck.

Category decks

06/15/2012

HELENKAY D.

PHENOMENAL. Joshua is punctual, dependable, very knowledgeable and does great work. We have a pretty big wraparound deck (approximately 300 square feet total) that needed lots of help - some rotted boards, popped screws, peeling paint - you name it, we had a problem with it. Joshua showed up right on time to give us an estimate and, even though I specifically asked, did not recommend more expensive options. He emailed us an estimate exactly when he said he would, outlining labor and material costs. We got on his schedule as soon as he could accommodate us, and, again, he showed up when he said he would. In terms of the actual work - the deck looks brand new. Rotted boards were replaced, screws tightened, rails painted, entire deck scraped and restained. Joshua completed the work when he said he would, and worked hard the entire time he was here. It gives us tremendous peace of mind to know that the work was done by such a true professional. We recommend him enthusiastically and without reservation whatsoever.

Description of Work
Replacing some rotted planks on our deck, restaining, repairing deck, rails and lattice work.

Category decks, deck cleaning

05/14/2012

Karl H.

see above

Description of Work
I made first contact by email to Deckmasters on April 23 requesting an estimate to refinish my deck. At 8:41 am on the April 25 I received a reply to my email stating Joshua would be in my area that morning. But at 8:41 I had already left for work so I missed his response. But I replied that evening and supplied my phone number. I did not hear back from him until an email on May 7 explaining that it is not cost effective for him to drive up to me but would I supply him with a description of my deck. Was he looking to see if the job was going to be profitable enough? I supplied photos to him the same day. On May 11 Joshua sent me an email stating he could be in my area on May 16 at 4:00 pm for an estimate. I confirmed the same day that that would be good. On May 13 at 10:42 pm Joshua sent me an email stating that my area of Oceanside falls outside his serviceable area. That he would not make the appointment he set up. It took Joshua 3 weeks to tell me he would not provide the estimate. Their magazine ads and web site are misleading as they not cover all of San Diego County and they did not keep their appointment.

07/05/2011

Rachel R.

Great experience. Joshua did all of the work himself. He was punctual and efficient. Our 20 year old weathered grey deck, literally looks like new again. We didn't think this was really possible. I highly recommend Deckmasters, they were worth every penny.

Description of Work
Complete deck refinishing including hand setting all of the screws, sanding, and staining. Our deck is about 150 x 10 feet.

09/02/2010

Cindy M.

Joshua did a great job on my deck. He power-washed it, then pounded in all the nails so he could sand it. He also tightened the loose rails and replaced a plank of wood on the large deck, and also replaced a plank of wood on the smaller deck where the prior owner's dogs used the wood as a chew toy. He then stained the decks with a cedar finish. Everything looks great! I am very satisfied with Joshua's price and quality of work. The only negative is that the earliest he could book me was several weeks out, but that was okay. It was worth it.

Description of Work
I have a large wooden deck off of the dining room. The deck was probably about 9 years old and had not been stained in years. I also had a small mini-deck outside the master bedroom that needed maintenance too. I originally asked for a quote for a power-wash and stain, but Joshua explained that for the wood to look even, we really should do a thorough sanding too. He also agreed to tighten the loose railings and replace a rotted plank of wood. The price was right so I hired him.

02/20/2009

Karen L.

Joshua was on time for his initital appointment to provide an estimate and I found him to be very professional. Because he does chimney sweep work exclusively for several weeks during the winter he was unable to schedule my job for a couple of months. He did a very good job sanding and sealing the wood protecting the surrounding surfaces and cleaning up after himself. The job took only one and a half days. The bridge now looks very nice and I feel confident his work will look nice for several years. The only negative aspect of my experience is that Joshua was over an hour late the morning he was to start his work and did not extend the courtesy of a phone call.

Description of Work
A small redwood bridge that spans a pond needed restoration and re-sealing. The finish on the wood was peeling and in very bad shape as products had been used on it that were not intended for outdoor use.

10/02/2008

PAMELA S.

The deck and arbor (gazebo) needed cleaning and re-staining, and the fence around 3/4 of the house needed power washing. All this was done promptly, at a good price, and the results were astounding. I didn't know our deck and fencing could look that good! Josh was very professional, courteous, and prompt, kept his word and worked with us in deciding how much work the fencing needed. He even repaired a loose board, no cost.

Description of Work
I contacted Josh through email via Angie's List and he promptly responded to set up a meeting for an estimate. He arrived on time and quickly and accurately estimated the labor and materials needed to do the job. He sent the estimate via email, and after some negotiation about whether or not to stain the fence, we then agreed on the cost and on a date to begin the work. We had 26 fence panels power-washed and the deck and gazebo power-washed and re-stained. He did this work over two or three days, responding promptly via email when I had a question regarding time required before we could walk on the deck.

04/26/2008

Eileen A.

The company is owned and operated by an individual who is knowledgeable of what it takes to get the job done right. From the moment I contacted them, I felt as if this would be the company I would award the job to. I did seek other quotes and this company not only was reasonably priced, the quality workmanship and timeliness to complete the job was outstanding. I highly recommend this company to anyone who needs a wood deck revitalized and finished.

Description of Work
Our two year old deck was in need of refinishing. It is constructed of an extremely hard exotic wood that is difficult to work with and finish. The wood is called 'IPE', pronounced "e pay". It is wonderfully durable and beautiful. We needed the old finish, that was flaking, sanded off before a new finish could be applied. While this sounds like a small job, due to the hardness and quality of the wood, it takes twice as much effort and planning to do the job correctly.

04/21/2008

Kevin O.

The work went very well. Joshua was very professional and the work was completed with minimal disruption of our daily schedule. It was clear that he took pride in his work and did a quality job.

Description of Work
Two decks were sanded, powerwashed, stained, and sealed.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

04/20/2008

Elaine S.

Josh came out on time to review the work that needed to be done. He emailed the estimate in a timely manner. On the day of the work, he showed up on time and completed on time.

Description of Work
Josh came on time, told me when he would be done, and when we could walk on the deck. He did an excellent job. We're very happy with the work.

10/14/2007

Pamela M.

Josh showed up on time for the free estimate, was efficient in describing what needed to be done, listened to what we wanted and helped us choose color and finish. He emailed a reasonable estimate the next day. We scheduled him for a convenient time and he did the work on those days, finishing on time. He let us know when we could not walk on the deck and when it would be dry. Overall, we are very happy with the outcome and would hire him again in the future.

Description of Work
Deckmasters repaired rotted and broken boards in our wood deck and stairs, sealed and painted the entire deck and stairs. The service included moving large pots and outdoor furniture off of the deck and back onto it after the job.

06/11/2007

DORIA L.

Great! Joshua came to the townhouse on a Monday, provided a quote, and completed the job on Friday of the same week. He matched the paint color to the paint color that is on the townhouse trim. The upper deck that was built 28 years ago looks new as does the lower deck that is about 12 years old. Joshua is very professional. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Joshua replaced wood, prepped, and painted a small upper deck/balcony and prepped and painted a large lower deck/balcony.

10/28/2006

CINDY O.

It went very well from start to finish! Joshua takes pride in his work and makes sure it is done the best it can be!

Description of Work
Repaired, sanded and stained existing deck.