DAVE SUDA LANDSCAPE

Founded 1988 • With Angi since August 2007

4.3

4385 TWAIN AVE

San Diego, CA 92120

Dave Suda Landscape is a certified, professional landscaping company that has been serving the San Diego area for nearly twenty five years. We serve both residential and commercial properties....

12/03/2012

Ralph W.

N/A

Description of Work
I called them twice and left a message. They did not have the courtesy to even return my call.

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

07/17/2012

Jay A.

We selected Suda Landscape because we heard about some pro bono work he did for a local youth baseball field, some years ago. We want to support those you are willing to do that sort of thing. The new rose garden was not prepared for the roses. The existing roses were moved to the new location without proper preparation. The roses were stuck in the existing lawn, with no effort to prepare proper drainage for the plants. At first the roses recovered well but now they are being ruined because the roots are exposed to poorly drained soil. It will be a major re-work to correct the problem. New brick borders were left with mortar residue that could have been cleaned off with a mild acid before the sod was placed. Now it is too late and the new bricks have a white residue next to the original bricks that are appropriately red. The primary purpose for Suda doing the work was to correct the drainage in yard. It was a constant issue to have the work done properly and it still is. The last effort was to correct an area of pooling, an image of which I sent to Dave. He sent someone to fix it. I asked the man if he knew where the issue was (assuming Dave had shown him the images) and he assured me his was very aware of it and would take care of it. When I checked after the workers left, he had not touched the problem area but had made a marked indentation in the yard to drain an area that I did not believe had a problem. I have given up on getting the problem fixed. Twice I had to point out that the newly installed anti-syphon valves were leaking. I felt his folks should have been making sure the work was done properly. The new sod looks good but it is so uneven that it can't be mowed without scalping the numerous high spots. I was expecting a smooth lawn but am having to deal with lumps and bumps. Rather disappointing, especially based on how much it cost. On the positive side, the lawn is, at the moment, green in the lower spots. The plants placed where the old rose garden was are doing well and the new timer seems to be providing better watering control. The work that was requested was done, just not to our total satisfaction.

Description of Work
Place flagstone on portion of side-yard providing proper drainage. Correct drainage in back yard, adding drains and piping to a new corner drain outlet. Create a rose garden with brick border in corner of yard. Rearrange existing rose garden, adding new plants and pad for a shed. Move shed to new location. Remove old backyard irrigation and install new, adding a pressure regulator. Remove old sod, grade backyard to meet drainage requirement, lay new sod. Add new irrigation timer. Replace pressure regulated drip valve

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, drain pipe, hardscaping

Member, We appreciate the fact you choose Dave Suda Landscape based on our volunteer work giving back to our community. Hopefully it shows our humility to serve our customers. Once we sign a contract we do not take lightly that we have earned your trust and do listen and try to understand our customer’s wants and concerns. We try to explain our process clearly in our agreement for which we have met, yet go the extra mile to ultimately have a 100% satisfied customer at job end. I thought we did that with you on every account. I will take your comments into consideration to help better serve our future customers. Every job starts with educating our client with how to solve a problem and add benefit and value in the suggested ideas we propose based on our knowledge and experience. With 25 years of Landscaping in San Diego we are familiar with how to handle all aspects of concrete, drains, grading, planting area preparation, planting, irrigation, flagstone, DG, Brick work, ect. The way I hope you see your project was that we added functionality, gave you peace of mind in our upgrades and renovations, added beauty and a new look to invite you to spend more time in your back yard knowing that we stand behind our work and reputation. All our work is guaranteed, to include roses that were in full bloom and thriving on my last visit, and capable to provide ongoing irrigation repairs if needed on all aspects of your home. I do thank you for your business and have found it is much easier to work with you in person. If you have any further concerns I have always been available 7 days a week to speak with you to listen and do my best to follow up with all details and aspects of your project. You can call me anytime at 619-229-1316. Again I want to thank you for your honesty. This is real feedback that helps strengthen Dave Suda Landscape and will be taken into serious considereation to better serve our clients in the future. You are a man of integrety and deserve to be treated with the best service we can possibly provide. Thank You Again. Sincerely, Dave Suda 619-229-1316

03/13/2012

Steve T.

Dave took a lot of time to work with me in the planning stage. The work was top quality, all the plants survived, and a couple years later my front yard still looks awesome!

Description of Work
Had front yard completely landscaped with an irrigation system installed. Dave Suda Landscaping also provided weekly ongoing maintenance for $150 a month.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch

09/12/2011

Winnie W.

They did an excellent job. The total job is going to be about $8000. Drainage was our particular issue and that’s the reason why we got them in. Then we decided that once they were here, we would have them redo the backyard since the grass in the backyard had died. I would use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
Dave Suda Landscape installed French drains for us all the way out to the street. They put in a nice bed of rocks for us in the backyard since the grass had died. They took all the old grass out and put in an island of native plants for us. So, they did landscaping for us. The work will be completed probably in the next couple of hours.

Category landscaping, drain pipe, hardscaping

05/04/2011

Mary S.

I want to add a special thank you to Dave Suda, his brother John, his plant designer Maggie, their office receptionist Kim, and the two landscape employees who all worked very hard to accomplish such fantastic results. This is a great company to hire for all of your irrigation and landscape needs.

Description of Work
My husband and I originally called Dave Suda Landscape to help with excess water drainage in our back yard because of a very wet winter. While Dave was out giving us a quote we discussed getting a bid on a total front yard makeover. Dave Suda came highly recommended by our next door neighbor where he had installed a sub pump for them in the past. We hired Dave Suda Landscape to install French drains throughout our back yard. We loved his friendliness and intelligent design plans for our front yard makeover so we hired him to remove the lawn and all exsisting 30 year old trees and bushes. He installed a brand new irrigation and sprinkler system, built stone retaining walls on each side of our property, and planted a smaller grass sod area which allows the curb appeal but needs less water. Dave sent his landscape designer Maggie to our home to select trees, bushes, and flowering drought tolerant plants. We are thrilled with the results. Our neighbors and people passing by always compliment us on how nice our front yard looks. To add some special magic and nighttime drama we had Dave add 15 outdoor lights. We feel the final product we received, the materials used, plus the time and expense were all very worthwhile. We hope to hire Dave Suda Landscape in the future when we are ready to enhance our back yard living space.

Category electrician, hauling services, landscaping, irrigation systems, lighting, mulch, tree service, drain pipe, outdoor lighting

09/27/2010

Cassandra G.

see above

Description of Work
Dave Suda came to look at a landscape project and provide a quote. He was very nice, thorough and had good ideas. He was also punctual, and called in advance to let me know he'd be late. I appreciated all of these things. As he was leaving, he clearly delineated the things he was going to provide (referral list and idea of cost) and told me he was busy that day, but would get it to me by Friday. Friday came and went, as did the weekend, and a few more days. I finally received an email from him on the following Wednesday with the referral list, but not idea of cost. I emailed back requesting that, and heard nothing more. It has been a couple more weeks now and I have still heard nothing. This was all very odd because what I appreciated most about him during my meeting with him was how specific he was about his timing, what he had to do, how long it would take, etc. That level of detail was great and I thought it'd be really nice to work with a contractor who had such a good handle on communication and schedule. However, he did not follow through, even to let me know that he was too busy, or had other jobs take priority, or didn't want to work on our job. Just nothing. So, that was a big disappointment. Why is it so hard to find contractors who communicate?

Category landscaping

04/23/2010

Amy M.

He did lawn and yard work and some clipping. He was very knowledgeable and professional but understaffed. So the work could not be completed. We really over paid him; it costed us $350 a month. We will use him in the future.

Description of Work
Dave Suda Landscape did maintenance for 6 months from October.

Category lawn service

03/31/2009

Dennis H.

The proposal was neat because it was done on a computer and you could see how the landscaping would look from any angle. The proposal was a little general (but I'm an engineer and was probably expecting too much detail), but everything went okay. The price was less than other estimates I received and was probably a little lower because of the poor economy at this time. These guys really knew what they were doing and everything came out looking very good. They always discussed exactly what was planned and gave me an opportunity to adjust the design. Some of my requests were outside of "minor" and a change order was prepared and agreed to. This is the right way to do business because there are no surprises to either party. The job took a little longer than I wanted, but it was worth it. Dave Suda (the owner of the company) often came out and inspected the work. Everything was done to my satisfaction, except maybe I could use a little more bark in places. You can trust this company and you will be pleased with their product. Oh, they have a lady that plans what plants to be used; she brought pictures of everything, knew all the answers to my wife's and my questions.

Description of Work
Dave Suda Landscape installed a very large concrete patio, large fire pit, drainage, watering, arbor & gate, low voltage lighting, gas lines & 110vac lines for under the deck heater, lights, BBQ, and the actual landscape with a DG path.

Category landscaping, gas leak repair

Backyard Builders SD

Backyard Builders SD is a locally owned company started by a group of contractors that really care about a whole home improvement. We have narrowed ourselves down to being the best in the business at Turf and pavers. We have the visions to bring back yards and front yards to life. We have putting green experts, we have paver experts, we have sports turf, pet approved turf, and over all best looking turf on the market.. No job is too little or to big for us as we have team that extends up and down the coast of California. Overall our specialist will bring your dream yard to life and that is what we’re here for! We are the Turf Squad!

HomeTurf

HomeTurf is an artificial turf installation company with over 13 years experience in the trade. We pride ourselves on our impeccable lawns and our dedication to a positive customer experience throughout our sales and construction process. We are licensed, bonded and insured. Our sales representatives and support personnel are extremely courteous and professional. We want to work to earn your confidence and exceed your expectations.

Offers by HomeTurf	 on Angi
    Accurate Grading and Demolition, Inc.

We specialize in all phases of grading, excavation, walls, drainage, pavers, turf and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! We do everything in house and never subcontract out our services. Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

FULL LANDSCAPING SERVICES & SUPPLIES, Concrete, decks, BBQ, fire pits, patios, AUTOMATIC IRRIGATION, & WATER EFFICIENT SYSTEMS. TRENCHLESS INSTALLATIONS, DRAINAGE SYSTEMS, UNDERGROUND WATER SYSTEMS. PARK & RECREATION, & LOW-MAINTENANCE DESIGN. IRON CONTROL SYSTEMS, INTERIOR LANDSCAPING, OUTDOOR LIGHTING, WATER DISPLAYS. PLANT CARE, FERTILIZATION & FEEDING. ESTATE MANAGEMENT. PESTICIDE SPRAYING, BUSH HOGGING & FIELD MOWING, STUMP & ROOT REMOVAL.