Dan Boney's Landscape Maintenance

Founded 1995 • With Angi since August 2010

4.2

6453 Bell Bluff Avenue 19

San Diego, CA 92119

We specialize in comprehensive property management. We have over 15 years of landscape and irrigation experience that has given us the knowledge needed to determine the most effective way to care for your property. Turf maintenance services, lawn treatment services and sprinkler services are the

08/18/2014

ELLEN J.

Great guy. Worked with us getting the most out of our money. Very patient as we changed our mind a couple times. Loved the results.

Description of Work
Redid entire yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service

07/28/2014

Tim A.

Description of Work
I called to get an estimate. The guy never showed up at the agreed upon time, and never called to reschedule. I found someone else who could be depended on.

06/23/2014

Karen L.

I highly recommend Dan Boney?s Landscape Maintenance. He is very knowledgeable about plants, irrigation, design, and much, much more. I recently had him do a front yard makeover at my house. I had lots of ideas and Dan helped with the design, plant type and plant placement. The communication was and is great. I can always reach him by phone or text. I liked Dan?s work so much that I hired him for the weekly maintenance of my yard - regular mow/blow, weeding, fertilizing, reprogramming/adjusting the sprinklers for the season, etc. I wish I could post a picture of my front yard. I LOVE IT!!! When I purchased my house the yard was a sad mess. My yard went from the worst on the street to the BEST on the street. The best compliment was from one of my neighbors while Dan was mowing. They asked him why he was mowing fake grass! I still continually receive compliments about my yard from my neighbors and strangers walking by. I?ve enjoyed working with Dan so much that we are now starting to work on a complete makeover for my back yard.

Description of Work
Front yard makeover, regular weekly maintenance, new back yard makeover project.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

06/20/2014

Gloria T.

They did a very good job. The price was high.

Description of Work
I used Dan Boney’s Landscape Maintenance for doing some trimming and cleanup.

05/21/2014

Elizabeth C.

Dan is the best gardener that I have every had, and the longest in my employ. With Dan, you really get your money's worth, and know that you are not exacerbating the illegal immigration problem!

Description of Work
I have been using Dan Boney's services for almost two years, and I don't know what I would do without him. I have a large canyon lot in the heart of the city. Maintaining my property is imperative due to the inherent fire risk. Dan performs the usual gardening tasks of cleaning up leaves and other debris; pruning plants and trees; pulling weeds; obtaining and planting new shrubbery; fertilizing; keeping pathways neatly trimmed; hosing down the patio, terrace and driveway. He also repairs and maintains my sprinkler, drip systems and fountain; removes limbs from my trees; tops trees; treats landscaped areas for snails and other pests; and constructs new landscaping (landscape islands); as required. Dan has keys to my patio and terrace, and I never have to worry about my property being secure when I'm away.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, leaf removal

02/10/2014

Elizabeth N.

After finding Dan's listing on Angie's List in December, he agreed to come out and take a look at my lawn and help me figure out what the heck is going on. I have had huge brown patches throughout the lawn and I had no idea what was causing them. It turns out that I had a lawn fungus, as well as crabgrass that has gone dormant during the winter months. Dan treated the fungus and fertilized the lawn for me. He has helped me get my sprinklers back on track and is now coming twice a month to maintain my front and back yards. I really appreciate having his help and advice so I can get my yard looking good again. I've been too embarrassed to have people over! I'm so relieved!

Description of Work
Lawn and landscape maintenance, sprinkler tune-ups.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

01/26/2014

Stella A.

Description of Work
I have very small yard, he was supposed to come once a month to do yard clean up. He didn't show I had to call and remind him. When he did come he did a poor job.

Category lawn service

I don't know why [removed member name] is reviewing me now, I did work for her over a year ago. I did the initial clean up for her and she said she was happy and we agreed for me to come once a month. Right after that I went through a divorce and I didn't have time to take care of her job, so I left her message after message to cancel service on her yard but I never got a response. We all have hard times, and I did mess up. But I don't think its ok to put this review in front so everyone sees it first, because I haven't had this customer for about 18 months now. Thank you, Dan Boney

03/25/2013

Wendy N.

I requested estimates for monthly maintenance on 4 of my properties - 3 for front/back yards and 1 for just the front yard. I sent an email for the estimates via the Angie?s List site, but received no response from the vendor ? perhaps the email address is no longer valid, or the vendor is no longer in business.

Description of Work
No estimate was received, no work was done. (I had to select a "appx service date" even though I checked that services were not performed in order to submit this review.)

Category lawn service

I never received a message from customer. I would appreciate if this review could be deleted.

01/05/2013

Rhonda T.

My front, side & back yards were in a state of neglect with overgrown vines, weeds and dropped tree leaves. Daniel did very nice complete clean up and brought my sprinkler system back into operation. Now my yard looks very civilized and presentable. I will be using Daniels services for monthly maintenance.

Description of Work
Vine trimming, lawn cleanup & manicure, sprinkler system checkup.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

09/11/2012

Sharon G.

Very reliable work, clean and professional.

Description of Work
Lawn Maintenance. Trim hedges and removes leaves. Stays on top of sprinklers and broken pipes. A

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

05/24/2011

Beth A.

The only negative part is that they are higher in price. I think $90 a visit is a bit excessive but they do a good job, you can communicate well with them, and they listen to what you tell them. We are happy with them. He has done a good job of maintaining our landscaping and it looks really great. We can trust him and we know that he won?t overdo it.

Description of Work
Dan Boney’s Landscape Maintenance does biweekly service for me. They mow our lawn, trim our bushes, pull the weeds, and do things like that. They fertilize a few times a years as well.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

03/18/2011

Renee G.

Good

Description of Work
I thought that the estimate was too high for the size of my lawns and the work that would be performed.

Category landscaping, lawn service

River Rock Outscape

In House Construction Crews. No Outsourcing. We own our own equipment. Free Estimates. 30% off entire project. We're a locally owned company, knowledgeable and experienced, in our second decade of servicing Southern California homeowners.

Backyard Builders SD

Backyard Builders SD is a locally owned company started by a group of contractors that really care about a whole home improvement. We have narrowed ourselves down to being the best in the business at Turf and pavers. We have the visions to bring back yards and front yards to life. We have putting green experts, we have paver experts, we have sports turf, pet approved turf, and over all best looking turf on the market.. No job is too little or to big for us as we have team that extends up and down the coast of California. Overall our specialist will bring your dream yard to life and that is what we’re here for! We are the Turf Squad!

Offers by Backyard Builders SD on Angi
    Lion Landscape

With 10 years of experience in the field, we specialize in all phases of landscaping, hardscaping, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today! All phases of landscaping, hardscaping, and more! -- Don't see your need on our list of services? Give us a call to further discuss your needs! Don't see your need on our list of services? Give us a call to further discuss your needs!

Award 2022

Landscape Maintenance, Clean Up Service, Mowing, Edging, Trimming, Weeding, Fertilizing, Flowerbed Care, Irrigation System Checks and Maintenance