CUSTOM MASONRY & FIREPLACE DESIGN INC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2007

LICENSE #851233....

Chimney Sweeps, Inc

In business since 1985. Fully Licensed Contractors, Bonded, and Insured. Family operated and Certified with the National Fireplace Institute. Members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild, and the National Fire Protection Association. A+ Rated by the BBB. Call us toll free at 1-800 CHIMNEY or Local Number: 619-593-4020

Offers by Chimney Sweeps, Inc on Angi
River Rock Outscape

In House Construction Crews. No Outsourcing. We own our own equipment. Free Estimates. 30% off entire project. We're a locally owned company, knowledgeable and experienced, in our second decade of servicing Southern California homeowners.

JC Landworks

Veteran owned company I've been a U.S. Marine and lifelong contractor help you make the right decision and potentially save you thousands at the same time! Hero Certified Contractor

Offers by JC Landworks on Angi

01/02/2020

The work was done as described, within the time specified and with complete attention to minimizing the impact of their efforts on our home and comfort. I particularly appreciated Paul's willingness to make sure that we we had a basic understanding of what needed to be done and why, since chimney masonry is not an area we have a lot of knowledge about. He patiently repeated and reassured us throug...

Description of Work
There was combustible material behind the vertical lining of the chimney/flue and the back wall was cracked from years of water seeping inside the chimney. There was also significant cracking in the chimney crown, among other issues. Paul Walker and his crew removed the existing face tile, removed the combustible material and rebuild everything with new tile bonded to brick. They removed the back wall of the firebox and plastered the smoke chamber with high heat mortar.. On the outside, they covered the outside of the chimney with stone, which not only strengthened the structure but also enhanced the appearance.

Category chimney repair,fireplaces

01/12/2018

Paul made the necessary repairs/upgrades and we could not be more pleased with both him, and his work. We light the fireplace regularly and we would not even think about using anyone else for any fireplace needs that we may have. We highly recommend Paul and Custom Masonry & Fireplace Design.

Description of Work
We recently bought a new home which has an original Batchelder fireplace that needed some work such as - new fireplace box, chimney cap, insulate the chimney, repair some of the tiles, among other things. I reached out to a couple of fireplace companies and received two estimates. Immediately when I met Paul, I knew I had found the right person. He was very professional, courteous, knowledgeable and kind! He knew exactly what the fireplace needed for us to burn wood safely, and his pricing was extremely competitive.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces,marble & granite

04/02/2017

My ancient chimney was crumbling badly and, with our recent wet weather, letting copious amounts of water into my house. Now it looks like new. Paul and Hector were professional, knowledgeable, skilled and all around great to work with. I got a number of opinions and quotes before this repair, and I'm very glad I went with Paul.

Description of Work
Repoint chimney, rebuild chimney crown, waterproof, install spark arresters.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

02/28/2017

Paul and his crew were in and out in a matter of days and treated my house with respect. The fireplace is almost unrecognizable. Hit a bit of a snag since the original studs were too close to the fire box. Re-framing cost me and additional $1,200. Better to spend the $1,200 than have the house burn down.

Description of Work
Reface and old 70's brick fireplace and install fireplace door

Category masonry,fireplaces,marble & granite

02/17/2017

You need to know how amazing and professional Paul Walker and his team were, and how beautiful his craftsmanship is. Paul and team took a very neglected corner of our living room and made it the pride of our home. I trusted his advise to make the changes to bring our fireplace up to code and keep our family safe. He had great vision, listened to our ideas, presented fact based counterpoints and pr...

Description of Work
Fireplace facing completely redone

Category masonry,chimney repair,fireplaces

NEW CONSTRUCTION MASONRY FIREPLACES, CHIMNEY INSPECTIONS, RELINE EXISTING CHIMNEYS, REFACE WITH BRICK, TILE, VENEER STONE, PRECAST MANTLES, REPAIR EXISTING CHIMNEYS, CROWNS, NEW DAMPERS, HEAT SHIELDS, SPARK ARRESTERS, CUSTOM MASONRY BARBEQUES, MASONRY BRICKWORK, WAINSCOTS, PIERS, ELDORADO, & CULTURED STONE. PIZZA & OUTSIDE COOKING OVENS.

VIDEO INSPECTIONS.