Carini Heating, Air and Plumbing

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2010

Carini Heating, Air and Plumbing is a leading 24 hour provider of Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning services throughout San Diego County. We offer Repairs, Installations and Maintenance for residential homes. The company is Licensed, Bonded, Insured and is 100% family owned and operated. Our service areas cover all of San Diego County including Central San Diego, East County, North and South Counties. The company's primary product lines include American Standard, Mitsubishi Ductless Splits, Bradford and White, Navian, Noritz and all other major brands of Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing equipment. All Carini Heating, Air and Plumbing employees undergo extensive training and are background checked upon hire. You can trust Carini Heating, Air and Plumbing to respect your home, your family and provide you with the 5 Star service you deserve....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+13 more images

HVAC Companies (363)appliance repair (8)plumbers (2)insulation (5)

07/31/2022

Jim C.

Great job. Anthony did a complete review of the house and the current venting and recommended the proper size for the AC. The installers and electricians came 3 days later, did additional wiring and piping and installed the entire system in 5 hours.

Description of Work
New AC installation.

Work Completed On 06/15/2022

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]!

02/15/2021

Dennis F.

Went well, performed duties while I was at work, locked up when he left.

Description of Work
New high quality angle stops installed

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 02/13/2021

12/22/2020

Mike P.

Quick and easy. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Pressure gage for furnace needed to be replaced.

Cost $341.28

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

09/24/2020

Kathy S.

Smooth as silk! Fixed the next day with repair parts on the truck. Repairman explained the problem, was polite and knowledgeable. Great service.

Description of Work
Repair AC.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

02/10/2020

EDWIN E.

Technician Carlos Esquivel found that fan housing had become loose and was out of position. He put it back, fastened it down and the noise stopped. No charge beyond the estimate fee, and no attempt to con me into repairs I didn’t need. I’m very happy 😃

Description of Work
Furnace fan motor became very noisy

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

01/27/2020

Carolyn S.

Very well. . . only one glitch. . .needed different 'hose' connection. . .but he got the correct one and the installation went very quick. I am pleased.

Description of Work
INSTALLED BATHROOM SINK FIXTURES

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

10/01/2019

Michael G.

Overall great experience. Donald, the inspector, arrived early and patiently waited with me for my real estate agent to arrive. Donald did a thorough inspection of the inside and outside units. He was very knowledgable about pertinent laws and regulations and took his time to explain them. He also explained that the HVAC unit is old, but functioning and that it may have to be replaced in a couple of years. When that day comes I will definitely call Carini again, and ask for Donald.

Description of Work
HVAC Escrow Inspection

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We appreciate your business! Gabriel Carini

08/14/2019

harold michael S.

They came, they diagnosed the problem (which wasn't in the air conditioning), they told me how to fix it, and then they left...after having refused payment!!!!! i thought i must be living in the 1950's in a small town!!

Description of Work
mysterious leaking water

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

[Member Name Removed], Sometimes there is no need to charge for something that you, as a homeowner can easily fix. We appreciate taking time to share your experience. Thank you for your business! [Member Name Removed] Carini

01/31/2019

Anthony N.

It’s become so rare to have a good experience that I had to post this review. First, they are fast. I called them to setup an appointment, the morning after, the technician showed up for the inspection and the quote. Then the day after he came back to fix everything. There were also many details that showed how considerate the technician (Bryan) was. He parked his van either on the street or away from our garage doors, allowing us to easily leave our house when necessary. He used shoe covers, which prevented our floors from getting dirt or residues. And after the job was done, he did not leave any mess, like if he had never been here. We have rarely seen that level of attention. Also, they did not try to rip us up… ASI wanted to charge us $3000 to repair our air ducts! Carini only charged us $500. We will definitely use Carini again.

Description of Work
Air Duct Repair

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! Gabriel Carini

12/10/2018

Martha C.

They are great, definitely would recommend. They were very thorough made sure we would not have the same problem again. We have put them on a contract to come every 3-4 months to clear our lines.

Description of Work
unclogged our main line

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

10/25/2018

Carl H.

I had concerns about some ducting issues I was having so I called Carini out for a quote on new duct work. I was fully expecting to pay several thousand dollars, but I was told it wasn't necessary, and was instead given a couple of small tips that completely resolved the problems I was having. I'm incredibly impressed with the honesty and professionalism it took to turn down the unnecessary work I was ready to pay for. They've made a customer for life.

Description of Work
Duct Replacement

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

09/10/2018

James B.

We have not yet decided how we're going to proceed but we are hugely impressed by Carini's representative, Jason Baer. Jason was on time, very informative, and resourceful in developing a way to overcome obstacles involved in the retrofit. He was extremely professional and very knowledgeable, and very responsive to our questions. He certainly deserves kudos and a big pat on the back from his employer. Excellent representative of your company!

Description of Work
Retrofit air conditioning on residence without it.

Work Completed On 09/07/2018

07/31/2018

Seth N.

I scheduled an AC service weeks in advance of the hot months and scheduled time off to be there for the service. The day before the appointment, they called me to cancel the service because they had overbooked other more urgent service appointments. It would be another three weeks before they could re-book the service appointment. I prefer to use companies that I can rely on to do what they say. Look elsewhere.

Description of Work
AC Service

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed]: We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our company because we had to reschedule your maintenance appointment. With two major heatwaves hitting San Diego in the last month, our company, as well as many other HVAC companies, have experienced an unprecedented number of service requests. We try our best to prioritize calls based on the urgency of the situation, and if customers have systems that are working, like yours, versus ones that have no air conditioning at all. It's not uncommon under these severe weather conditions to receive service requests from customers that have newborn infants, elderly adults or residents with breathing problems, and sometimes we have to make decisions to provide these types of customers with priority service over maintenance calls on systems that are working. We recommend that customers set up their annual maintenance calls in the spring before the hot summer and in the fall before winter. We understand why you are unhappy and wish this type of situation didn't have to occur, but trust that you would approve of the need to prioritize higher risk situations if you had a medical condition or no air conditioning at all. Respectfully, Gabriel Carini CEO

07/11/2018

KATHY F.

First we called the company we had delt with in the past, that got us no where. So we went to Angie’s List and found Carini. One of us has Lupus and get very sick from extreme heat like we have had recently. It was the same day as the West Fire in Alpine. Omar came out the next morning and gave us two options he could do right away, we made our choice and he did just that, got to work. Omar was very polite and showed concern for our situation. We will definitely use Carini and Omar in the future.

Description of Work
We needed our central air conditioner to work as soon as possible.

Work Completed On 07/07/2018

04/26/2018

Gerald T.

I had three top rated heating and air conditioning contractors bid on the installation of air conditioning to my existing heating system. I wanted a quite and efficient two stage ac unit that would work with the variable speed blower in the heating system. Carini was the only contractor that based their bid on a heat load calculation rather than some rules of thumb that tend to oversize the ac system. Their analysis indicated that I needed a three ton unit. The other contractors said that I needed a four or five ton unit, but the blower in the existing furnace and the ductwork would only support a three ton unit. One of the other contractors no bid the job after I said I was not going to install a new furnace and ductwork. The other bidder said they would install a three ton unit but would not guarantee satisfaction. At this point I didn't know who was right. I then contacted my neighbors with AC and the same model home as I have. They all said that they had 3 ton units and we very satisfied. Based on their results I contracted with Carini Heating and Air Conditioning. The installation was planned for one day but actually took 2 and a half days. The installation itself was done in a day and a half but complications with integrating a 2 stage AC unit with a variable speed furnace from another manufacturer required another day to resolve. To his credit, when Jason Baer the project manager found out about the problems integrating the Bryant AC unit with a York furnace he assigned their lead service technician, Anthony DeCarolis to integrate the two units. After several hour of studying both the ac manual and the furnace manual Anthony was able to achieve the expected performance by a combination of DIP switch and jumper setting in both units and the installation of a two stage thermostat. Although I took a few days longer than planned, I am very happy with the overall performance of Carini and my new air conditioner.

Description of Work
Installation of an air conditioning system into an existing heating system

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

03/15/2018

Eduardo F.

From initial visit to final installation and follow-up, work was professional in all respects and met and exceeded all expectations! Would definitely contract with this company when it becomes necessary to replace our air conditioning unit!

Description of Work
1) Second opinion on necessity to replace furnace. 2) Replace 22 year-old furnace and evaporator coil.

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

01/25/2018

Jojo B.

I am very satisfied with their professionalism, helpfulness and consideration.

Description of Work
Our whole-house-heater was not producing heat.

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

01/08/2018

Daniel V.

Our replacement went very well. The Carini installation staff were professional and prompt. The job was extremely well done, with special attention made to a complete a very-clean, well-sealed and neat installation, which interfaced nicely with our current distribution ducting. The Supervisor, Dennis was pleasure to work with, he ensured everything was properly engineered and installed. and made sure we were completely satisfied in all aspects with the job. I am very glad that we selected Carini and would definitely recommend them and would use them again.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

11/16/2017

Lisa C.

We were impressed with Jason’s presentation of the Mitsubishi system, and we really appreciated learning about the HERO program from him. We got a good estimate,ate for the work but were planning to do our roof repair first with adding solar and thought we would do this job after. Things worked out with that Jason got our work scheduled and done BEFORE the roof/solar which worked out because in Sept/Oct we still had some hot days, Thie crew was professional and extremely hard working, and poor guys, in hot weather, sweating in our attic/crawl space. Which they left with improvements! The system was up and running (2 downstairs units, 4 upstairs) in 6 working days. After a week we did have a problem, nothing worked and they came out promptly to troubleshoot, ordered new circuit board and installed as soon as it arrived. Been running fine since then, and this is also heating so I am looking forward to heating with solar instead of gas.

Description of Work
Installation of air conditioning.

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

11/08/2017

Bill C.

All went well. Got lucky with next day installation.

Description of Work
AC unit indoor in a bedroom.

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

11/06/2017

Robin L.

Very well. Great follow-up and very clean, punctual, courteous team. They worked well with me to prep and place the outdoor unit exactly into the tight space I had allocated.

Description of Work
Completely new HVAC system and some replacement of ducts.

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

09/05/2017

Cynthia R.

Overall they were excellent, the price was good and they were very thorough. They do good work.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal through Angieslist for air conditioning unit checkup.

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

07/05/2017

Eric J.

A couple of weeks after Carini installed the new filter, another contractor came out who actually fixed the air conditioner problem and did a "tune up". He said that the new filter was a 4" filter whereas my furnace requires a 5" filter. I had taken a photo of the model number of the old filter and sure enough, he was right. He said having an improper filter allows dust into the furnace which damages it and this needed to be corrected. He also said that the filter was of very low quality (MERV-8). I told him I had paid over $82 for the filter and he said they charged $25 for the same one. After hearing that the filter was the wrong size, I contracted Carini. The person who I talked to was new so they connected me to their general manager. I explained the filter sizing problem as well the it being of low quality and much more expensive than other contractors. She said she wasn't technical (she's the general manager of an air conditioning contractor how technical do you need to be when something is the wrong size?) and things were hectic so it might not be until Monday until she got back to me. Rather than being apologetic about their mistake, she was defensive and also a bit cross. I still have not heard back from her and it's Wednesday. I'm very disappointed that this contractor installed the wrong filter while overcharging for it and didn't take accountability for their mistake.

Description of Work
I had Carini Air out to look at an air conditioner problem. While the repairman was here, he said I needed a new filter on the furnace. He recommended a new one that was supposed to be quite good for $82. He left to pick one up and came back and installed it.