California Clean & Seal Inc.

Founded 2008 • With Angi since July 2011

7909 Silverton Ave Suit 139

San Diego, CA 92126

Personalized service from owner. Specializing in all type of concrete, pavers, natural stone and tile. we are experts in: cleaning and sealing outdoor hardscape surface, repair and replace pavers and concrete, tile or stones,overlay and restaining of concrete, demolition and installation of driveway, patio, backyard, deck, pathway and walkway. Local owned company with many satisfied customers service all san diego county....

12/14/2020

Jill B.

We hired this company to remove paint from our patio and stain the stamped concrete. Their crew didn’t take steps to protect our home. The thin plastic was over the doors but the stucco was exposed and the residue splattered all the paint on the building. Instead of washing it off right away, they left it to dry. A cleaning crew was sent out and in the attempt to clean the stucco, they used a mismatched color left areas of streaks and lines. They also painted two gates black instead of the bronze/ brown color they were, which now does not match the other gates. They would not come out for a walk through and refused to send the crew back to fix/complete the cleanup and see the poor workmanship; they chose abandonment of this project and now we need to hire someone to finish. Results: a patio that is patchy and walls that are streaked & half painted plus plants that are dead from the run off from the chemicals.

Description of Work
Staining of stamped concrete

Category stamped concrete

08/14/2020

Robert M.

They showed up on the agreed to date after I called and asked when they were showing up and stayed for less than 2 hours and wanted to be paid 70%. They did not have the proper equipment and did nothing more than wash down the stone. They claimed they would be back first thing in the morning and did not show up until I called again. I stopped payment on the check since I assumed I was taken. Again they did not have the proper tools or chemical to strip the stone. When they finally showed up and used remover they destroyed my yard, paint on my house and walls. Don’t waste your money with this company since they do not know what they are doing

Description of Work
We paid for stripping and sealing flagstone in my backyard

Category concrete repair

06/30/2020

Loren A.

Workers arrived unexpectedly a day early. I paid $2993 for a couple man days of work plus sealant, and the contractor reneged on cleaning the tiles, saying that it wasn't part of the job, even though he had added $500 to the estimate just for that. The two workers who came out did a great job, but I'd never deal with this company again.

Description of Work
Cleaning and sealing sandstone around a pool and washing a row of tiles just beneath the sandstone.

Category pavers, gravel, pressure washing, hardscaping

Dear Miss [Member Name Removed] We want to extend our sincerest apologies; customer service is and always will be our priority. We have a high standard of skilled and quality employees who always try going above and beyond to satisfy our clients. Before every project, a contract is given, which includes the square feet and the service provided. There is no change of order and no extra charge unless requested and agreed upon by the customer for additional work other than specified in the contract. If you could send us a private message with more details of your complaint, we would be happy to address all your concerns.

10/30/2017

Marianne J.

Started out well with cleaning cement, tile, and patio. Job quality declined when grouting of tile and brick was done unprofessionally with a premade crack repair product which looked awful. The mess made by the poor application of the product required repeated power washing which caused some damage to the older brick and tile surfaces. After much wrangling the poor product was removed and actual mortar was used. The application of the new mortar was better but more wrangling needed to get them to clean the cement residue on the bricks. The job took over one month instead of one week and caused us a lot of upset and frustration. Lots of communication problems between people who did work and project manager which required repeated calls by us to clarify. We expected a professional job from start to finish based on the price we paid and were disappointed. The cleaning and sealing and cement pouring of new slab were done well. Office manager was responsive and helpful but misinformed by workers about work done. We (unsuccessfully) tried to contact owner of company to inquire why quality of work being done did not meet promises made on website. Project completion was finally satisfactory but took way too long and required far too much of our effort to get company to correct obvious problems.

Description of Work
Repair of brick and tile grouting and cleaning and sealing of tile, grout, cement walkways and driveway. They also demolished and replaced a damaged cement slab.

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, pressure washing

We are sorry for this experience. This restoration process took longer than expected due the old surface condition, The existing bricks joint mortar was in decay since the original installation was done tens years ago, We were hired to install new concrete slab in the backyard (phase 1) which was done to client satisfaction. (phase2) To clean and seal the bricks in the backyard and the front walkway and refill the missing bricks mortar only in small missing area. The issues arise after the deep cleaning process. The old foundation of the bricks collapse due to ageing of the surface and there was a need to regrout almost the entire area. Because we are obligated to our project and to our quality of work, we proceed with special care which was force our crew to work slowly and on their knees, The crew address all client complain's and made sure that the process will be done correctly to the best of our abilities as we only hired to restore the old surface and not to install or repair the existing foundation of the bricks . When project completed a walk thru was done with the client and she approved the result in addition a discount was giving to the client for the delay in project.

06/19/2016

Geoff S.

High quality work. Isaac was able to remove the rust stains in the back and able to delicately strip the flagstone in the front and reseal to allow us more usable life out of the walkway instead of having to replace. The strip and seal also resulted in a brighter, more colorful walkway than before when it used to look dull and dingy.

Description of Work
Pressure wash, clean, and seal back patio pavers. Strip, pressure wash, clean, and seal front walkway flagstone.

Category decks, pavers, gravel, pressure washing, hardscaping

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review, and Thank you for giving us the opportunity to service your beautiful home.

05/09/2016

sharon Z.

5 Stars for professional and service that came out looking amazing. From the first phone call and to the estimate we felt that we'd chosen the right company to service our beautiful house. The person who came out to see our pavers in the back yard and the stamped concrete and tile we have in our front entrance was very knowledgeable and explain to us about the possible options we have, as every sealer used to create a different look and have a different maintenance results But more than that, he was just really pleasant and personable. In just over 2 days the whole thing was complete and looked flawless. I also appreciated that they make sure I was happy with the result. The crew was very polite and respectful. Overall a great experience and I will definitely be using their services in the future and recommended to my friends.

Description of Work
Back patio Pavers cleaning and sealing plus Front entrance painted concrete landings and tile floors, use a level of different cleaners and detergent to clean each surface as best as possible, Remove old sealer from flagstone by the pool area and apply a new sealer to flagstone . apply sealer to stamped concrete and tile floor in the front entrance of the house.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, pavers, gravel, pressure washing, hardscaping, stamped concrete

12/09/2015

Oscar L.

The service was fantastic from start to finish, and the one small problem we had was addressed immediately. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Communication was great at all times, and I have referred them to other people as well who I know used the service. Definitely be using them again,

Description of Work
California clean and seal came out and did a seal stripper and re seal on my brick pavers.

Category pressure washing

Thank you for the remarks [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure working with you!!

04/24/2015

bob H.

Went great, the old sealant was improperly applied, but Mike and his crew stripped the old sealant and reapplied new sealant, finished product looks great, very happy with outcome.

Description of Work
Stripped old sealant off flagstone and ledgestone and reapplied new sealant

Category pavers, gravel, pressure washing, hardscaping

Thank you for your business and the positive feedback it was a pleasure working with you and [Member name removed]! I'm glad we could get all of the rich color back on your surfaces!

04/14/2015

Irene C.

Did not hire -- too expensive

Description of Work
He bid $4700 for washing and sealing our pebble and epoxy- covered concrete. We are having it done for less than $800.

Category pressure washing

Hi (removed member name), California Clean & Seal is a licensed contractor with all of the required insurance for our W2 employees. Our material cost alone for the estimate is over the price the other company quoted which leads us to believe the quote comparison is not apples to apples. We appreciate the As however do not feel we deserve an F on the price as we quote our projects with accountability in mind and we use only the best products for the surface we are working with.

10/28/2014

Jake H.

They are an amazing company. I have already referred them to my sister-in-law who also used them. Their prices were lower too than companies who install the bricks and offer to seal them as an additional add on to the job. It was smooth, the same person who bid out the work was on the job and it looks great. Will use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Cleaned and seal my brick patio in the back. All the stains were removed and the seal looks amazing. Also resanded all the joints.

10/24/2014

Sheryl M.

Very courtesous, came back when I saw a few missed spots. Great customer service.

Description of Work
Sealed new tile around pool and patio.

10/02/2014

Jerry and Terri O.

In the course of 2 days they completed the stripping and cleaning of our paver stones. After the paver stones were completely dry, they returned and sealed the entire areas. They did a complete clean up and stayed within the time frame we allotted to finish the job. They did an excellent job and their supervisor, Jose Santiago, was very professional and easy to deal with. They stand behind their work and we were completely satisfied with this company. We would highly recommend them to our neighbors and friends and we intent to spread the word.

Description of Work
California Clean & Seal stripped, cleaned and sealed our paver stones in our entryway and back patio.

09/25/2014

Maureen T.

Mike and his team did a great job cleaning and resealing our patio. Mike went above and beyond and even helped me find someone to repair some broken patio tiles. Being new to San Diego, it can be daunting trying to find reliable, reputable people for home projects so I really appreciated Mike's excellent work and his referral for patio tile replacement. I will definitely use Mike and his team again- very professional and our patio looks great!

Description of Work
Cleaned and resealed our patio.

Category pressure washing

Thank you [member name removed] it was a pleasure working with you!

08/04/2014

Mark M.

The owner did the work and he worked hard, all day long, and removed most of the dirt and grime, mold from outer walls etc. Some stains could not be removed with pressure washing alone.

Description of Work
Pressure wash all concrete and lower walls of house.

07/14/2014

Lois J.

Perfectionist - excellent team service, quality, outstanding.

Description of Work
Sealed old world times tone patio stones - exceeded expectations. best investment & results.

Category concrete repair

07/08/2014

John N.

Was supposed to power clean pavers, replace lost sand between pavers, and seal pavers and edges. The clean portion was done to our satisfaction but the replace lost sand was not done to our satisfaction. There were significant portions where no sand or very little sand had been applied. I contacted them and they came out with a crew to "re-dop the work". I showed them the areas of concern. They spent 15 minutes making it "good". And they offered me a 10% discount if I had it redone this year. The finish a year later looks like they never did the job. It was not done to my satisfaction or what I expected and their response to my complaint of a 10% discount was insulting. Please note that I had forgotten that I used Angie's List for the referral and that's why nothing was posted earlier.

Description of Work
Was supposed to power clean pavers, replace lost sand between pavers, and seal pavers with a semi-gloss finish and seal all edges.

Category pressure washing

[member name removed] I am sorry to read on Angies List that you are unhappy with our work. We did perform our work exactly as I explained we would. The sand levels are exactly to the industry standards approximately one eighth of an inch below the beveled edge. We would be doing you a disservice by making the levels too high because the sand would not stay in place as I explained to you. Our responsiveness is something we pride ourselves on when you called and asked for us to fix up some areas I had my crew out right away and I was personally there myself. I'm not sure how much more responsive we could have been? We strive to leave every customer 100% satisfied with our work but I am sorry we can not meet unrealistic expectations.

04/26/2014

Donna C. O.

Arrived on time and did what they were paid to do. We were very pleased. Sorry, I can't remember the exact date or cost, but had to put in something as all my records and files from 2013 are in the attic.

Description of Work
Cleaned and sealed all the Mexican tile pavers in the back yard.

11/19/2013

Suzy J.

Mike was awesome! He was quick to come and give us a free estimate, quick to schedule the work and the work was done in the exact time frame he gave us. We were very pleased with the work and would definitely use them again and refer them.

Description of Work
They pressure washed all of our concrete and sealed colored bands on our driveway.

Category concrete driveways, pressure washing

10/29/2013

France N S.

Met Mike the owner of Calif. Clean & Seal on October 16th, went over what we needed to have done. He took notes of all we said and then measured and told us he would have a bid later in the afternoon and would email it to us. We received the bid ( as promised) and agreed to the terms. His crew (Jose and Junior) came out on October 22nd as stated on the contract . They moved all the furniture, outdoor carpets and plants and then power washed all the concrete. They were very polite and professional. On October 23rd the old block wall was demolished and a footing was dug for the new one. Concrete was poured and the first row of double wide blocks were installed, due to the late delivery of the Country Manor block, Victor and his crew were unable to finish the work and had to return on the 24th. We had been previously told that this could be an issue and had agreed that it would not be a problem with us. October 24th, Victor and crew returned and finished the job. They also were very professional, I appreciated that when they had doubts about the finishing of the ends of the wall, they took the time to come and ask if we liked this or that, and did not just proceed without some discussion. When the job was done they cleaned the area where they worked and put all of our plants back in their original places. On October 25th,early in the morning the concrete sealing crew came and did their job quickly and professionally. Later that afternoon the furniture, carpets, plants were put back. During these 4 days, Mike the owner checked in with us making sure everything was going smoothly. We are extremely satisfied with all the work that was done and would NOT hesitate to recommend California Clean and Seal to anyone!! Thanks Mike :)

Description of Work
Power washed and sealed our concrete in our large backyard. Built a 60' L X 2'H Country Manor stone wall in our front yard.

Category concrete repair, pressure washing, hardscaping

08/16/2013

Glenn W.

Split project with another company. It went well.

Description of Work
cleaned and sealed pavers.

07/17/2013

Roger G.

Most of the yard is covered with pavers, and these were badly stained with a black substance, likely fungus, that had come from a large tree in the yard. The tree was infested with aphids and a sap-sucking insect and was also dripping sap onto the pavers making a sticky mess. The Clean and Seal crew power washed and detergent brushed the yard. It rained a day later, bringing down more sap. The guys returned and re-washed the yard for a nominal cost. Today was re-sand and seal day. The remaining stains were first scrubbed by hand using a wire brush and solvent, then the area was sanded and sealed. The job is but a few hour old but looks fantastic. The crews were on time for each visit, were very courteous, and explained what they were doing as they went along. I'm happy with all aspects of the service and recommend them highly. While I can't speak to the cost it appears fair from the perspective of work performed and quality of the job.

Description of Work
Cleaned and resealed my backyard pavers.

Category pressure washing, hardscaping

Thank you for the kind feedback [member name removed] it was a pleasure working with you! -Mike Redfield

06/28/2013

Donna C. O.

This was the first time we used Angie's List and weren't sure what to expect. We went by the reviews from others and were not disappointed. The crew, headed by Jose Santiago, were great to work with. Jose gave us a reasonable bid for the job and we were so impressed by his professionalism that we didn't get a second bid. They were able to start within a few days and days between another larger project they have. He kept in touch with us by phone when time or changes needed to be made. Fortunately, we had extra tiles from an earlier project that could be used saving us time and money, and Jose had no problem with that. One of the crew, Gustavo, is a true craftsman in replacing the broken tiles and putting in new ones. They fit into the patio like they were there before, but even better. We already have let our friends and neighbors know how satisfied we are with this company..

Description of Work
Removed & replaced broken Mexican pavers; pressure washed and resealed pavers in our back patio; cleaned and sealed concrete walkways.

Category concrete driveways, pressure washing, hardscaping

05/31/2013

Bridget B.

First, they came by and assessed the situation and quoted me a price. On the day of service, they came by, covered the stain with cleaning fluids, then left so it could sink in for several hours. Then they came back and finished the cleaning. When I came home from work, the stain was completely gone! I was so satisfied with their service - and I would call them again.

Description of Work
They removed a stubborn transmission fluid stain from my driveway.

05/09/2013

Lynne M.

The quality of the work and the professionalism of the owner and the technician were outstanding - definitely money well spent!

Description of Work
Our concrete patio was very mossy and the paver section of our patio needed to be refreshed. California Clean & Seal did a spectacular job of making everything look quite new. Plus, there were other spotty needs taken care of, which clearly made an improvement.

03/20/2013

walker W.

They did an excellent job of explaining what they planned to do, doing it, and keeping everything neat and clean. I would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
The sealed new pavers to protect them and keep the sand in the joints from blowing out.

Backyard Builders SD

Backyard Builders SD is a locally owned company started by a group of contractors that really care about a whole home improvement. We have narrowed ourselves down to being the best in the business at Turf and pavers. We have the visions to bring back yards and front yards to life. We have putting green experts, we have paver experts, we have sports turf, pet approved turf, and over all best looking turf on the market.. No job is too little or to big for us as we have team that extends up and down the coast of California. Overall our specialist will bring your dream yard to life and that is what we’re here for! We are the Turf Squad!

Accurate Grading and Demolition, Inc.

We specialize in all phases of grading, excavation, walls, drainage, pavers, turf and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! We do everything in house and never subcontract out our services. Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

HomeTurf

HomeTurf is an artificial turf installation company with over 13 years experience in the trade. We pride ourselves on our impeccable lawns and our dedication to a positive customer experience throughout our sales and construction process. We are licensed, bonded and insured. Our sales representatives and support personnel are extremely courteous and professional. We want to work to earn your confidence and exceed your expectations.

Offers by HomeTurf	 on Angi

Lic.# 1017800
    California, Nevada, Arizona
    California State License Board
    08/31/2018
    Check, PayPal

None

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about California Clean & Seal Inc.

How is California Clean & Seal Inc. overall rated?

California Clean & Seal Inc. is currently rated 4.5 overall out of 5.

What days are California Clean & Seal Inc. open?

California Clean & Seal Inc. is open:

What payment options does California Clean & Seal Inc. provide

California Clean & Seal Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, PayPal

Does California Clean & Seal Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, California Clean & Seal Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does California Clean & Seal Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, California Clean & Seal Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does California Clean & Seal Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, California Clean & Seal Inc. offers a 20% senior discount.

Does California Clean & Seal Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, California Clean & Seal Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by California Clean & Seal Inc.?

No, California Clean & Seal Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does California Clean & Seal Inc. offer?

California Clean & Seal Inc. offers the following services: pavers cleaning and sealing, flagstone cleaning and sealing, tile cleaning and sealing, saltillo tile cleaning and sealing, mexican tile cleaning and sealing, stamped concrete cleaning and sealing, concrete cleaning and sealing, pavers stripping, concrete stripping, concrete slabs installation, concrete repairs, concrete patching, concrete staining, concrete grinding, concrete polishing, concrete restoration

Are there any services California Clean & Seal Inc. does not offer?

None