BUDGET APPLIANCE SERVICE

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2005

Budget Appliance Service has been family owned and operated in San Diego County for 20 plus years with a BBB A+ Rating! Budget Appliance Service Serving all of San Diego and North County Call Us Today At 1-(800) 967-7012 or visit us at budgetappliancesandiego.com We Fix, You Save! Please give us a call for all your repair and service needs! Our service call is $65 but is FREE with any repair. We strive to provide expedient service with competitive prices....

A Service Provider's profile image

4.4

4.3

appliance repair (55)small appliance repair (1)

09/04/2022

Megan D.

Was not to complete work without assistance from other vendors

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 07/12/2022

08/22/2022

Sonja O.

Karl was amazing! Easy to schedule, On time , considerate, honest, knowledgeable, meticulous, fair price…. Will use budget appliance repair for all my future repairs.

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 08/22/2022

01/05/2021

stephanie S.

Tech fixed the door and found another problem. My Fridge/Freezer is 5 years old. I need a new one........Bad condenser.

Description of Work
My freezer door wasn’t closing.

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

06/29/2020

Robin or Patricia C.

Karl was terrific! He was at my house within 2 hours of requesting a quote. He listened to my description of the refrigerator’s symptoms of running warm and quickly zoned in on the issue. In less than 30 minutes the temperature had returned to normal. His promptness and experience was very appreciated.

Description of Work
Refrigerator was running too warm

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

01/11/2020

Marie C.

replaced a heating unit $450. said it was fixed. It wasn't. came back, said it needed a new control panel--$500 and he would have to order the part. we said no. return our money.. he mailed us a check for $200. we are not through with this.

Description of Work
oven repair

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

09/24/2019

Ron S.

Carl was on time and checked our Whirlpool refrigerator. He diagnosed the problem as being caused by the condenser. He informed us that it would cost more to repair or replace this part than it was worth. He answered our questions and was pleasant. We would use his services in the future and recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Diagnose refrigerator noise.

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

07/27/2019

Sharon D.

Parts ordered. Installed. Mike pleasant and straightforward. Will call him for next problem

Description of Work
Frig repair

Work Completed On 07/27/2019

07/25/2019

irina S.

Called Budget, since I still had their contact saved on my phone from a few years ago. I was pleasantly surprised when the same person, the business owner, Karl came out to help. Arrived on time, fixed the fridge, left without a trace of him being present in my condo. Very professional and clean work! The price is like elsewhere if not below, in other words, reasonable. Second time the company proved to follow through per my expectation. Hope not to have any more fridge problems again, but in case it happens, will definitely use this company again!

Description of Work
fridge repair

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

03/12/2019

Sandra T.

I called Carl Jabaryan to repair my dryer because it's not working, and the light inside the dryer had to be replaced, he arrived on time and he replaced the dryers lid switch and bulb. He told me exactly what he was doing while he is working on it. he work very hard to replaced the items and I felt bad for him because he had to get down to the dirty garage floor but he didn't seem to mind. When he pushed the dyer back against the wall, it disconnected the gas line but I didn't know it until I used the dryer the next time. Because I smelled gas, I then call the gas company to come out and they reconnected the line, i felt that it's just an accident and later i called Carl and told him what happened.

Description of Work
He repaired my dryer.

Work Completed On 03/12/2019

02/14/2019

Wayne K.

My wife was quoted $630 for the replacement part to repair an oven knob. The thermostat behind the knob has to be replaced. I asked my wife to ask the repair man to write down the number for the replacement part so we could research it and he declined and left but wanted his $65 service fee which she paid. I purchased the part for $189 on Amazon and a honest repair person had agreed to install it. Don’t use this repair person unless you want to be cheated.

Description of Work
Repair of broken knob on oven

Work Completed On 02/14/2019

01/23/2019

Joanne P.

Replace the igniter and charged $250.00 for parts and labor and charged an additional $130 of that is for Labor. I was no there during the repair and only my tenant was there for the repair. When I spoke about this with him he was very rude about the whole thing and said there is just no way he could have charged for less.I have spoken to several service providers about this prior to hiring him and they said this should not have cost that much and would be about $100. I went with him because he was an Angies list A listed provider. I am writing this because I am dissatisfied with the service and attitude of the owner.

Description of Work
Gas range oven repair

Work Completed On 01/23/2019

We apologize that you felt Budget Appliance Service was anything less than helpful and professional. However, in all fairness, we do pride ourselves on our good service reputation and competitive pricing as we are a small local business. This particular service call was priced accordingly, there was no “additional” service fee, the entire price reflects service call, parts and service. The part alone for this order is on average in the market priced at $100 (I will be happy to provide links to major retailers if needed). Further, just the average service call fee in San Diego is priced anywhere from $65-$110, thus, I do not know who of my competitors you spoke with, but their estimate is absolutely not in line with the market rate of any appliance services. As a general rule, Budget Appliance never proceeds with any service until we provide an estimate and receive authorization from the property owner. You were not on the premises, but I did call and provide you with this estimate before beginning work, and you did approve the work at the set price. If there is any problem with our repair, we do guarantee our work for 90 days, please feel free to give us a call. Thank you, Karl J. Owner Budget Appliance Service

01/21/2019

Mary O.

Karl was very prompt. He told me what needed to be done. I only wanted the switch replaced (because this was a problem before and replacing it fixed the problem - our dryer is old) but not the coils so he came back two days later with the switch and replaced it. It worked for a day and then would no longer work. So he came out with the coils and replaced them. So the cost was a little higher than if the work had been done at the same time - my fault. He was very pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
Dryer would not heat

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

12/09/2018

Richard C.

Our ice maker (Samsung refrigerator) has been inoperative for a couple of years, finally decided to replace. Karl arrived on time and after checking parts prices on line, gave up a price of $550. I consider this good since a new refrigerator would be well over $2K. Part came in quicker than I expected and the repair was completed a week ago, working like new.

Description of Work
ice maker replacement

Work Completed On 12/09/2018

11/15/2018

shelley C.

The machine was beyond saving. The appraisal was fair and honest

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

11/10/2018

CRAIG C.

Called for an appointment and explained to him we had a broken built-in combo Microwave wall unit and had schematics and instructions for the unit on site. Karl showed up without the proper equipment to perform repair because they were at another job. Charged for the visit and estimated coming back at a later date with a $350 charge to fix without even diagnosing the problem. Beware.

Description of Work
Repair a broken built-in Jenn-Air Microwave Oven

Work Completed On 11/10/2018

11/01/2018

Vicki J.

Very good! Karl arrived on time and repaired the dishwasher immediately. He needed additional time and a part to work on the dryer, and said he would try to come back that same afternoon. If not, he would come back the next day. He was able to come back between appointments the same afternoon and repaired the dryer as promised. He kept me informed of the cost, so there would be no surprises. He left everything as clean as it was when he arrived. The cost of service listed is for both repairs.

Description of Work
correct dishwasher to garbage disposal connection and repair 30+ year old dryer

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

10/12/2018

Tom C.

Repairman appeared on time. Give me estimate of $820 for labor alone which he said would take two hours. The compressor was under parts warranty so no charge for that. Took about 1.5 hours to make the swap out. That is around $545 per hour! Certainly nothing "Budget" about the price. I know lawyers and doctors who charge less per hour.

Description of Work
18 month old LG French Door refrigerator stopped working. Trouble shot and determined likely compressor. Needed compressor replaced.

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

09/27/2018

Randy W.

He was responsive and showed up when he said he would. He quickly determined the likely problem and explained the costs of probable repairs before proceeding further. He was able to repair the problem (a compressor starter relay) without delay. And he cleaned up after his work. We liked him and trusted him so we asked him to look at our microwave as well.

Description of Work
Refrigerator stopped cooling.

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

09/24/2018

Vicky R.

I called Karl for a 2nd opinion after another company told me my compressor needed to be replaced and that it would cost $800. When Karl got here, the unit had been sitting unplugged for a couple of weeks. He plugged it in and said that everything looked okay to him, and that I should leave it plugged in for 24-48 hours to see if, perhaps, the computer just needed to be reset. If not, he said I should call Samsung direct because my compressor was fine, and only Samsung could diagnose sensors, computer issues, etc. 36 hours later, both the fridge and freezer were at the set temperatures and changed when I adjusted the settings. His diagnosis fee is a little higher than others, but at least he knows what he's doing and is honest about it if you really need to go to the manufacturer. Thanks, Karl!

Description of Work
2nd opinion on diagnosis of broken refrigerator

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

08/13/2018

Jeffrey G.

Right on time very nice for the most part. Unfortunately, he was clueless at diagnosing the problem with the washer. It took over 20 minutes to fill for a small load, he acted like nothing was wrong with it and left very abruptly (almost rude, like I wasted his time) saying there is no charge. Well, after he left the water started emptying in turn preventing the wash cycle from running. I told him multiple times it was not holding water and kept draining out but he did not comprehend what I was saying. I am thankful he did not charge me but I still have a non working washing machine that seems like it just needs a new part. Ugh! I chose this guy because Sears appliance repair was 2 weeks for the appt. Guess I will just have to wait for good service!

Description of Work
Kenmore stackable w/d unit

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

08/06/2018

Carol L.

It was determined that the machine needed replacing.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

08/01/2018

Cheryl C.

Went well. First day Karl came, didn’t have the part. Called and came back early in the morning. Took about 5 min. to fix. Charged same fee even though he had to come back the next day.

Description of Work
Needed the door on my dryer fixed

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

07/15/2018

John S.

I sent quote requests to two different repair shops but Angie's List sent it out to four, including two organizations whom I didn't request. I didn't like this, to be honest. One of the repair shops that Angie's List picked whom I did not pick was Budget Appliance, but... they were the first to respond, and the diagnostic price was the same as the one's I requested--*and* Budget had excellent reviews, so I thought why not go with them? I'm glad I did. Budget--which is really just Karl as far as I can tell--came promptly, immediately got to work, found a totally surprising source of the problem (the dishwasher wouldn't drain because a wire had burned out, not because of any clog or pump failure), and made the repair without any new parts in about 40 minutes. He tested his work, gave me some tips on keeping the dishwasher running smoothly, and was on his way. Regarding the price, I've never had an appliance repair person come to my home before so I really don't know what the appropriate range is. In my mind, I had an idea of an upper range (any higher and I would just buy a new dishwasher), and the price was right around that upper range, so I was happy to get the thing fixed competently and literally the day after it broke (which was a Saturday). Bonus points for Karl's sense of humor.

Description of Work
The dishwasher had water trapped in the bottom and wouldn't drain