Blue Ox Construction

Founded 2004 • With Angi since September 2009

Certified for led paint removal. 24 HR Emergency service for roofing....

Good Guys Garage Doors

Good Guys Garage Doors

Sears Garage Doors is locally owned and operated. Being locally owned and operated allows us to keep the small town feel and build relationships with our customers, because they are not just a number. We have roots here. We aren't going anywhere. Our kids go to the same schools, we shop at the same stores, we drive the same freeways. We are a part of your community. We offer a full complement of garage door services, including garage door and opener repairs, garage door installations, and a wide selection of affordable garage doors and garage door openers with the latest technology. Give us the opportunity to earn your future business. You will be glad you did!

Offers by Good Guys Garage Doors on Angi

12/16/2009

Please see my review above. Will update this in January when the construction is complete.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
After talking to and getting estimates from 6 or 7 general contractors I decided to go with Blue Ox Construction (BOC) mainly because their original estimate was closer to my budget. Juan (the general contractor) and Alex along with the sub-contractors they hired have treated me well, so far. The project budget has slightly exceeded my projection and comfort level but that is mainly due to the cost of the permit from the city for the the addition of a new bathroom and shower. Also, the project was supposed to finish Dec 15 (yesterday) but it seems to continue until the middle of January due to delivery of the new windows (long-lead items), some unforeseen complications with the plumbing of the new bathroom, and the end of the year holidays, and me traveling. BOC is doing a whole bunch of different stuff on my townhouse (actually, will be my parents house) and as I mentioned above, so far, overall, I have been satisfied with their service, responsiveness, and professionalism. Juan at BOC is also licensed, bonded, and insured (for some reason Angie's List says otherwise) which are all important and necessary these days. I will update my report about Blue Ox Construction in San Diego County when the entire project comes to a completion. ~ Dan

CATEGORY plumbing,replacement windows,home remodeling

09/08/2009

I interviewed 10 applicants. 2 from Angie's List and after calling the referrals decided on Blue Ox, because of the rave reviews of Marco Oliveras' work. The bids went all the way up to $18,000. We paid $8000 for everything . Good work, great attitude!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed a new roof on our 1914 apartment building. The old roof had to be torn off bad wood replaced and a dibiten roof torched on.

CATEGORY roofing

General construction, roofing, foundation, remodeling, and other home repair.