Best-Rate Repair Company

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2004

We are a specialized General Contractor, providing the best construction solutions for our clients needs for the past 20 years. We provide a variety of specialized services tailored to each clients needs, from wood damage repairs, structural improvements, deck coatings, new builds of decks and patio covers. We accommodate many different types of Property Maintenance Repairs. Our goal is to provide and immersive customer service experience. From ensuring we understand the upfront expectations of our clients, to explaining the process and ensuring turnkey solutions to their needs. It's a joint journey that we take with our clients to guarantee that their individual needs are met. We have over 30 in house, on-staff carpenters with many years of experience. Additionally, in an industry with many talented contractors, we've separated ourselves by focusing on the Customer Service side of the industry. We utilize software that allows our clients to see all aspects of their job from inception to completion. Out "owner" portal allows our clients to dee the daily progress of their job(s), receive documents electronically and truly see their entire project from a high level of transparency at a 30,000-foot view. Our goal is simple: Customer Satisfaction. With repeat clients and word of mouth referrals, we really look at every project as an opportunity to develop strong relationships with our clients. We're here to tailor specialized constructions solutions to each clients needs, while providing top class Customer Service. Call us today to see what Best Rate can tailor for you! 619-229-0116 ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+64 more images

decks & porches (377)general contractors (115)deck cleaning (55)siding companies (33)woodworking (172)roofing (59)handyman (58)house painting (48)pest control (33)door installation (27)fence company (27)gutter repair (18)

05/26/2022

Sam M.

Went very well. They did what they said and followed through on everything. I would hire them again for sure.

Description of Work
Deck Repair

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 01/03/2022

06/23/2021

Teresa B.

Excellent job done. Workers were professional and kept me informed, they coordinated project with my tenant's work schedule to allow them access as needed. Workers were the same throughout the job and Alec was great to work with. When more damage was discovered after removing the decking, Alec explained the problem and gave me options to proceed and select from. Each afternoon they cleaned-up before going home.

Description of Work
Demo existing deck and walkway surface down to framing and rebuild (replaced 4 6x6 posts).Replaced deck surface and sealed with Excel Coat. Demoed existing stairs and rebuilt with new stair treads. All debris was hauled away. Patch and match stucco. Paint deck and stairs.

Category decks, picture framing, deck cleaning, stucco

Work Completed On 05/11/2021

03/24/2021

Brian H.

What started out as a major overhaul of a 20+year old wooden deck turned into a complete rebuild when rotting post timber’s were discovered. Mike’s team, led by Robert were real pros and worked with us every step of the way to ensure a safe, solid, great looking end product. They used high quality materials and hardware, were prompt and courteous, cleaned up the site daily, and the workmanship was solid. Pricing was fair, even when the additional structural work needed to be done. Mike advised us to purchase the steel spiral staircase we wanted directly from the fabricator in order to save money. And Robert worked closely with them to ensure proper prep and fit for the install of it. We also had a few adjustments to how the cable railing needed to look. They worked through that with us as well. Overall, we are very happy with the results...Trex deck, stainless steel cable/painted redwood railings, thorough paint/caulk job, and a really sharp looking redwood privacy wall at one end! I would definitely use them again, and recommend them to anyone who wants straight talking professionals for their projects.

Description of Work
Major repair on raised wooden deck

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Review for Best-Rate Repair Company - 7875 CONVOY CT, San Diego, CA - 39267344

03/11/2021

William M.

Best Rate was a life saver. We were refinancing and after another company performed the required termite inspection but couldn’t do the repairs in a timely matter Best Rate stepped in and not only took care of repairs they did it in a very timely manner. Everyone from the estimator to the technicians to the office people were very helpful and friendly.

Description of Work
Termite/dry rot damage repairs.

Category appliance repair, pest control

Work Completed On 03/11/2021

02/02/2021

LISA Y.

They gave me a totally ridiculously high estimate on a small pergola extension. About twice as much as a total new one. Funny how they call themselves Best Rate. Also asked them for referrals to someone who would clean and re-stain. They never gave me any. Also had to call them for the estimate. They never called me nor did they remember me when I called even though it was only a few days. So not personal or caring or responsive or creative service. They sent a salesman-type to the house. Need I say more?

Description of Work
extension of pergola and cleaning/staining

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

01/29/2021

William B.

Dominique and Tom did a great job very professional. Would definitely recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Damaged facia boards replaced

Category appliance repair, contractors

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

12/24/2020

Holly V.

Superior workmanship and people. Saved me hundreds of dollars by giving expert insider advice on an impending decision. Carpenters were respectful, knowledgeable and immaculate. The company has a teaching and serving spirit. Worth every penny

Description of Work
Remove fascia, gutters, replace porch post.

Category contractors, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

12/05/2020

Mr and Ms B.

Mike came out to do our estimate. He listened to what we wanted, made suggestions and gave us a fair and honest price. The work was done to our satisfaction. Lalo, the lead worker, is fantastic. This is the second time he's worked at our home and we couldn't be happier. We will call them for all wood repairs. Mike and Lalo were very good at their profession and we are very pleased customers.

Description of Work
Remove pergola and build larger pergola.

Category appliance repair, patios

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

10/27/2020

Kellie E.

Excellent work start to finish! Quick response to 1st phone query and excellent, positive, swift communication throughout the process by all members of the company. Real craftsmanship by build team. Beautiful final result and great follow-up to make sure all was satisfactory. I am extremely impressed and they now have a customer for life, should I need any more of their services!

Description of Work
Rebuild of existing mid-size deck unit

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

09/27/2020

Sarah S.

We had a great experience working with Best Rate.

Description of Work
Repair and servicing

Category appliance repair, awnings, garage builders, home builders

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

09/11/2020

SANDRA M.

We used Best Rate 5 years ago to replace 50 feet of fence top cap on an old sagging fence that was lacking proper base supports. During the top cap removal they used wood shoring to keep the fence straight and fused 16 footers of kiln-dried redwood using 45 degree angle cuts and long 16" screws to create one very long top cap to straighten our sagging and crooked fence to look brand new. We had selected them because they paint all 6 sides of the replacement wood prior to installation, and we have a terrible time fighting wood rot at our place. Their repair has stood the test of time and still looks great at the 5 year mark, so when it came time to replace some termite infested top cap on the other side of our property, they were at the top of our list to do the job. This time, as a repeat customer, we had saved up 4 full days worth of repairs involving a lot of details, so we were a bit apprehensive as to whether it could all be accomplished, and also worried whether the experience would be different from 5 years ago. What followed was one of the most pleasant experiences we've had to date with any company. The people behind this company understand what the customer wants and they deliver on every point in flawless execution. The process moves smoothly and effortlessly from scheduling the first appointment to the final completion. You can always reach them and they always respond. Service just doesn't get any better than this. They have consistently sent out organized teams of very skilled carpenters who work efficiently, but with attention to details to deliver high quality precision work using intelligent, well thought out solutions. They are very receptive and attentive to your needs and any special requests you may have. They were so neat during the 4 days of work it was hard to tell where they had been. They take care of your things, leaving no damage and there's absolutely no clean-up necessary after them. They take care of everything and they won't miss anything on your list. Instead of feeling the usual stresses, we actually enjoyed having them. We feel they are the best in town for wood construction. They do very high quality lasting repairs. You can certainly spend less with other companies, but end up having to do the repairs more frequently. After 30 years of fighting wood rot, we are glad that there are still companies like this which have not compromised on the quality of the repair. Many thanks to Mike, Rocky, Joshua, Thomas, and Anais.

Description of Work
Removal/Replacement of fence top cap, trim, posts and rails. Repair of rotted deck posts and base trim. Repair of wood and iron gate closures.

Category contractors, decks, fencing, deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

08/18/2020

Lorin S.

Incredible. Best Rate was recommended by our gutter contractor as the best company to fix our damaged fascia and shadow boards in advance of having our gutters installed. Best Rate's estimator, Don, was honest and realistic about the repairs needed. His bid was fair and transparent in pricing. The friendly crew was prompt, professional and completed the project on time. After the job was completed, my wife and I noticed a small issue. I contacted the office, and they send out a crew first thing the next morning. That repair was expertly completed with a smile. We could not be happier with the final result and the entire Best Rate team. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Repair termite & rot damaged fascia and rafter tails

Category contractors, handyman service, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

06/09/2020

Andrew F.

We used Best Rate to repair termite damage to our home. I got 3 estimates and they were by far the Best Rate -- fully 30% less than the 2nd. And based on their Yelp and Angie's List reviews, as well as the fact that our termite treatment company recommended them, we went with them. Our crew was Lazaros and Alex. Nice guys, and they did good work. No nickle and dime nonsense of "that wasn't included" -- if it needed repair they did it. I had a couple of small issues after they had been paid and were gone, but that was no problem -- Mike sent Lazaros back out to take care of them. All in all, as positive an experience as home repair can be.

Description of Work
Termite Damage Repair

Category appliance repair, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

05/15/2020

MELISSA R.

Bid was way to high, so chose a different contractor.

Description of Work
Patio pergola repair and paint

Category appliance repair, house painters

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

05/10/2020

Jan V.

No project is without glitches. It's how well a company deals with glitches that makes the difference. Best-Rate Repair was excellent at dealing with glitches. I am exceptionally happy with the end result and I wouldn't hesitate to use Best-Rate Repair again.

Description of Work
Replaced Five 35-Year Old Decks & Stairs

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

Review for Best-Rate Repair Company - 7875 CONVOY CT, San Diego, CA - 38554806

We appreciate you allowing us to take care of your repair needs and to hear you had a good experience with our company! Thank you for taking the time to write the review!

02/11/2020

Mr and Ms B.

the work was excellent. Lalo and Remie were always on time, did high quality work and keep us updated on the progress of our job. we would not hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
large patio needed large beams and posts replaced

Work Completed On 01/20/2020

01/26/2020

Matt H.

We had a great experience working with Best Rate. We hired them to ***** and then repair/replace the pergola on our patio. The PM, Lucky, offered us a couple of options to consider, and we opted for an almost complete replacement. He also had some great ideas about how to improve on the original design structurally and aesthetically, which we really appreciated. When the construction started the crew was prompt, tidy, and a pleasure to work with. Will definitely hire again for similar work.

Description of Work
Replace pergola

Work Completed On 01/26/2020

09/26/2019

david K.

Repairs were timely and affordable. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Repair damaged roof eaves

Category decks, roofing

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

I'm so glad to hear the we did a good job for you! We look forward to helping you in future with any home projects.

07/14/2019

James B.

Wood repair and door replacement went quite well. Very friendly and reliable workers.

Description of Work
Wood repair on exterior of home, door replacement

Category contractors, doors

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

11/28/2018

John V.

I was charged $38 in material cost for probably no more than $10 worth of materials. When I called to question the charge I was told by the company owner/vice president to stop complaining since I got a deal with Angies list. Wow

Description of Work
small drywall master bath repair

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters, mold removal

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

11/02/2018

Kenneth S.

Robert was terrific - thorough, professional, courteous, and a real asset to your business!

Description of Work
Review and repair siding and trim to make waterproof.

Category decks, handyman service, home inspection, siding, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 11/02/2018

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review.! We love hearing about the good experience you had with our team member.

09/10/2018

Joel R.

The inspector, Don, was very knowledgeable, and helped me to understand what boards that had been treated did or did not need repair. Even so, his price to repair the items that did need call for it was too high for us.

Description of Work
Wood repair after termite treatment

Category contractors

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

08/27/2018

Andrea A.

The wooden gate and fence were really well built, and I painted it myself. Recently, I contacted the company to check a small issue with the gate. The company responded within days and made a repair at no charge. I was very happy with the work, and am currently considering using them for a much larger project. I used an Angie’s deal for the job, so I feel the price was decent, and without it the price may not have been competitive with other bids I initially received. Remember, the amount of hours you purchase for a job will include the worker arriving, assessing the job, compiling a materials/parts list, and running to the nearest hardware store to purchase and load/unload the lumber. In my case this took 2 1/2 hours, and my store is 15 mins away. Please consider this if you do not live reasonably close to a store. Mike Spencer came out for my initial estimate. He is very friendly and knowledgeable, and I would recommend you ask for him when scheduling your first appointment.

Description of Work
Rebuild wooden gate and fence, approx 6 feet total

Category contractors, fencing