Ashley Blinds

Founded 1988 • With Angi since September 2004

8146 Miramar Rd

San Diego, CA 92126

Window Covering Sales, Installation, Window Blind Parts, and Repairs - Blinds, Shades, Shutters and Drapes. We also install window tinting .

01/07/2015

Michael P.

It went well. They provided excellent service with no hidden charges. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $99 for $200 Worth of Window and Blind or Shutters Cleaning Package.

Category blind cleaning, window cleaning

Hi [Member Name], Thanks for taking the time to forward this review. Really appreciate it!

12/23/2014

Charline L.

Very well. The tech was very competent and anxious to please. Good company.

Description of Work
Worked on the mechanism of my bedroom blinds.

Category blind cleaning, window treatments

(member name removed), Thanks for the opportunity to be of service! We really appreciate you taking the time to let others know you were pleased with Ashley Blinds and look forward to helping with any blind repairs in the future. Happy Holidays!

07/15/2014

Mark K.

Ashley Blinds came the same day I called, was on time, knew exactly what to do, and fixed the blinds in very little time. Easy to work with and ultimately charged me less than what I was quoted on the phone. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Ashley Blinds replaced the broken chain on my vertical blinds.

Category blind cleaning, window treatments

Hi [name removed], Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We strive to do our best on every service call. Feel free to contact us in the future for your blind repairs or if you need new blinds, shades or shutters.

04/19/2014

sharon S.

He came and looked at the blinds & took a sample of the cord and said he would check to see if he had that color cord and would call me. After three days of not hearing anything I called & was told that he would call me. Never heard anything so I called and we set up an appointment. One that day I was called and told that he wasn't in that day and could they reschedule for two days later. We set up the day and time and no one showed up or called.

Description of Work
They were suppose to restring my wood blinds

Category blind cleaning, window treatments

Hi [member name removed], I am so sorry about your experience with Ashley Blinds. The employee in question is no longer with the company. Unfortunately he was not responding to our customer's needs as noted in your complaint. I appreciate you letting me know about this incident and you can be assured we will continue to do everything we can to keep up our reputation. We have been in business since 1988 and have always strived to provide excellent customer service.We take full responsibility for this sad incident.

01/09/2014

Danielle A.

They come to your house, remove the blinds from the windows, bring them out to their truck where they have a huge tank inside, to clean the blinds. Then, they replace the blinds in the windows. I have been using them for many years. I have purchased new blinds from them, when mine were worn. Their pricing has increased, and they now have a minimum charge, where, in the past it was a set price per blind. Overall, their service is great, and the employees are very courteous and efficient. I recommend them.

Description of Work
Ashley Blinds cleaned my blinds.

12/12/2013

C J P.

The Tech was absolutely wonderful, knowledgeable, neat in his work and did not waste time. I had ordered repair parts from Hunter Douglas but he also used some of his products which quite frankly were better. I definitely recommend this company for the repair of shades. The Tech was running late but called to let me know. Only a half hour off the stated range of time. Thanks Ashley Blinds for your excellent service and the great employee you sent to my home.

Description of Work
Ashley sent a tech to repair two Hunter Douglas shades. The Tech was absolutely wonderful, knowledgeable, neat in his work and did not waste time. I had ordered repair parts from Hunter Douglas but he also used some of his products which quite frankly were better. I definitely recommend this company for the repair of shades. The Tech was running late but called to let me know. Only a half hour off the stated range of time. Thanks Ashley Blinds

12/03/2013

JEFF P.

Repair performed. Unfortunately, the same repair was performed 6 months earlier. No allowance was given for repeating the repair and the cost of the 2nd repair was more than the first.

Description of Work
Repair blind cords

11/15/2013

Carolyn D.

We ordered shades in July. On November 4,2013 we received a refund after canceling out order. We waited MONTHS for the shades. Much of the problem was with the manufacturer but the whole experience was very frustrating. The salesperson, Scott, was sympathetic and several times said he would cancel our order but at no time did we feel he really believed it wouldn't work out. We went to another company on November 6 and had our shades by November 14.

Description of Work
Came to the house and helped us select shades for our view rooms.

Category window treatments

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it is very difficult to be embarrassed by a manufacturer as I was for you. As you know, I offered to refund the money several times before it was accepted because I lost confidence in Skandia's ability to produce acceptable delivery time-tables after they failed to meet multiple deadlines that they gave me. I am glad that another company was able to help you, and again I apologize for our inability to produce the results you needed. On a side note, because we are the Authorized Hunter Douglas Service Center in all of North and Central San Diego County, we do not sell Hunter Douglas products in order to avoid a conflict of interest with the Hunter Douglas Dealers who are also our customers. Thanks for your feedback, and I appreciate the valuable (although painful) lesson that our company had to learn at your expense.

10/21/2013

Chris P.

Once we got the appointment set up, all went well. Did exactly what they said they would do in the time they said it would take. I would recommend them and call them again if one of my blinds need repairs

Description of Work
Fixed a blind

Category replacement windows

08/19/2013

Gerry P.

Very punctual. Very professional. Explained all details of cleaning.

Description of Work
Cleaned silhouette blinds on site.

Category blind cleaning

Thank you (removed member name) for your review, we appreciate it very much.

06/25/2013

JAMES H.

They were scheduled to clean my windows and screens. They didn't show up on the scheduled day so had to re-schedule. My husband was home when they finally showed up. When I got home that evening I discovered that the tracks were not cleaned and every single screen was damaged (bent) in addition to inflated price. I called back and was told that track cleaning wasn't included in the price which was way too high for just glass cleaning. She offered some refund for added non existing windows but at that point I had enough of Ashley company and didn't want to see them ever again in my life! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!

Description of Work
Windows cleaning.

Category window cleaning

Hi (deleted member name), It sounds like your experience was awful! I would like to get this corrected, but I show no record of us having provided you service. Ashley Blinds does not clean windows. We have not done any window cleaning since 2012. My name is Scott (Owner) and my cell phone number is 619-764-8278, and I would like to assist in getting this resolved if I can. I tried looking up your account by name, address, and couldn't find anything, but would like to help get this resolved. Thank you for your feedback.

06/14/2013

Heather O.

They did cleaning of the blinds. I paid $39 for the big deal but I also had them do some repairs on the blinds because we moved into a house that had been foreclosed and it had a lot of damage to the blinds. They repaired a lot of them, actually. They had to order a couple of parts and they came in about a week later but most of the work was done in one trip.

Description of Work
I used a big deal purchase for Ashley Blinds.

Category blind cleaning

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it greatly!

06/12/2013

Debra H.

A GREAT BLIND CLEANING SERVICE! Four sets of VERY DIRTY Venetian blinds plus a set of vertical blinds were cleaned very quickly and professionally, and at a GREAT PRICE! It took Ashley Blinds a little over an hour to do a job that would have taken me all day to do, and I doubt I would have done such a great job. We definitely will be hiring them again, and the price can't be beat! Thanks so much, Ashley Blinds!

Description of Work
Cleaned four sets of VERY DIRTY Venetian blinds and one set of vertical blinds.

06/05/2013

Geraldine D.

As a landlord, there are specific time frames where work needs to be completed in order to begin showing vacant properties. Ashley led me to believe they could perform in my time frame. Days before, they called to say it would not happen. This is after purchasing the $39 coupon. As a result I had to schedule another provider. This was a very frustrating experience.

Description of Work
I purchased a coupon, called Ashley and received a quote of the work. The scheduler said she would confirm the date of service in the following days. I received a call a few days later to indicate that they could not provide the service in the time frame I needed. So I am out $39.00.

Category blind cleaning

Thank you [removed member name] for your feedback and information. I am very sorry that we could not complete the blind cleaning within the time frame needed. I have sent this to accounting to have them refund you the $39 coupon you paid to Angie's List. Again, my apologies for our failure to meet your important timeline. Scott

05/15/2013

Doreen B.

Very well

Description of Work
The young man, whose name I have forgotten showed up on time and was very professional and helpful. After cleaning and rehanging all of my blinds, he pointed out that I had not used the full value of the deal. I told him I was happy to have my blinds clean but he insisted on cleaning the inside of my windows until the value of the coupon was expended. I would definitely use Ashley Blinds again. Their employees are very honest and conscientious.

Category blind cleaning, window cleaning

04/24/2013

Janet K.

They cleaned my pleated shades. They had a truck and they dunked the shades into a cleansing liquid. I would say they got a lot of the dirt off of them. They were on time. They did a fine job.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal from them for $39 for $80 Worth Of Window Blind Cleaning Services!

03/27/2013

Matthew D.

Company had a coupon deal on Angie's list. They did all the cleaning on-site the same day, so I didn't have to have my windows without blinds overnight. Very happy with their work. Thank you.

Description of Work
Cleaned 8 sets of vinyl window blinds.

03/22/2013

Kathryn R.

It was ok. The only reason I say it was ok is because once we started everything we realized it may have been cheaper to go another route. However, The provided good service and the blinds look great. They are very durable and we're satisfied.

Description of Work
They were able to get a custom blind for our sliding glass doors.

03/11/2013

DEBORAH D.

Matt was great! He was very respectful and thoughtful. I will definately use Ashley Blinds again!

Description of Work
I had Ashley Blinds clean 11 aluminum mini-blinds for me. Matt took the blinds down, took them out to the truck and brought them back looking like new.

03/09/2013

Bonnie J.

We were very pleased all the way around. The product is very good quality and the service excellent.

Description of Work
Showed us a wide selection of blinds and helped us decide which best fit our needs. Measured and then installed.

Category replacement windows

03/09/2013

HT L.

I found them on Angie's list, called made an appointment, and the job was done!

Description of Work
They were professional, punctual, and thorough. My blinds were filthy from the previous owners of the house. At the time, I did not want to have to buy new blinds. I was concerned that they would not come clean, because they were so dirty. They look brand new and the work was done quickly and neatly.

02/18/2013

Jeff A.

Fantastic results. When you have 17 sets of blinds throughout your home. Having them all clean makes a huge difference.

Description of Work
Service person showed up on time and very carefully removed all our blinds and cleaned them in his truck that has a special blind cleaning unit inside. Blinds were sparkling clean at the end and were not damaged in the process.

02/16/2013

Dianne C.

Each set of blinds was removed from the window and taken out to the truck. The truck is outfitted with a blind cleaning tray. After the blinds are cleaned, they are returned to the window clean and dry. The whole process only took about 90 minutes. Considering all the time I have spent trying to find an effective and efficient way to clean blinds, I was astounded at the results they achieved. I wish I know about this service years ago! In addition to cleaning, I had a blind with a broken cord. They suggested two methods of repair and advised em to choose the cheaper of the two. The repair was done and the blind continues to work wonderfully.

Description of Work
Each blind was removed, cleaned and reinstalled.

01/09/2013

Helen F.

The windows and blinds look fantastic. I did have to pay extra for the amount of work required.

Description of Work
Cleaned our windows and blinds after a very dirty remodel.

01/03/2013

Kulinda D.

Very well. No issues to report. Just excellent service.

Description of Work
Cleaned all the windows in the house very well!