Armor Tek Coatings

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2004

7770 Regents Rd STE 113-149

San Diego, CA 92122

San Diego's #1 painter and coating specialist. A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau. Featured in San Diego Home & Garden Magazine....

04/10/2015

Wade S.

Description of Work
They repaired my stucco, roof tiles and trim then painted the house. They were amazingly professional and wonderful to deal with. I'd use them again in a heartbeat, and would recommend them 100%.

Category stucco

01/11/2015

Andrew S.

I wasn't overly pleased with the services. I chose the company because our design consultant recommended them, and their quote came in a little less than another company. But when it came to actually working with them, I found many situations each day at the end of the day where I needed to ask the painters to do it over or correct splatter. I've waited to write a review to see how the paint would hold up. A few months after the job, I started noticing the paint peeling off in the master bathroom, and in the powder room. I haven't called them back because I didn't enjoy the interaction with the employees. When I asked our design consultant why he'd recommended the company, he said he was friends with one of the workers, but actually had chosen not to hire the company for his own property.

Description of Work
I hired Armor Tek to paint most of the interior of our home. It included five bedrooms, kitchen, family room, three and a half baths and some hallways.

Category stucco

09/28/2013

Deborah G.

I have a two-story Spanish style stucco house with wood trim in Rancho San Diego. It hadn't been painted in at least 15 years and there was mildew staining on the bottom two-three feet of the stucco. I got 3 quotes for whole house exterior painting, and chose Armor Tek because of a recommendation from a neighbor and they were willing to work with me on pricing. At one point during the prep, a problem was discovered with some rotting wood on my deck, they agreed to replace these for a very modest fee. The job took about a week, the workers were punctual, polite and tidy. At the end, the house turned out beautifully.

Description of Work
The service included pressure washing, painting a protective sealant on the bottom section, minor stucco repair, and painting the house and trim using a 3 color palette.

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters

08/23/2013

Barbara C.

We were recommended to this provider by our flooring contractor who had worked with them before, They called me back promptly and sent someone up to do a quote within a day. They worked with our flooring contractor to get the job done as we had a tight time schedule. Overall the rooms look great and they left everything spotless not to mention they were very careful with our newly installed wood floors - no paint spills at all.

Description of Work
Painted two bedrooms in our new house

10/07/2008

Mandy F.

First- estimate was way off but he did stand by it but clearly skimped to make sure he didn't wind up in the red b/c less that 2 years later the paint is peeling OFF THE WALLS and the trim, and he (the owner) refuses to stand by his "lifetime" guarantee. I would NOT recommend this company.

Description of Work
Painted about 80% of interior of my home.

Category interior painters

HER CLAIMS ARE UNTRUE. AS THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS (PAINT COMPANY) INSPECTOR POINTED OUT TO HER, THE SUBSTRATE BENEATH OUR PAINT JOB HAD ISSUES—SAYING IT WASN'T THE PAINT OR THE CRAFTSMANSHIP. IN FACT, THE PAINT JOB BELOW OURS WAS CRACKING. OF COURSE SHE DIDN’T TELL YOU WE PAINTED THE MAJORITY OF HER HOME AND THAT SHE TOLD US SHE LOVED THE WORK. SHE DIDN'T TELL YOU THAT SHE WANTED US TO COME BACK TO PAINT THE KITCHEN AND OTHER AREAS EITHER. SEVERAL OF HER NEIGHBORS GAVE US 5 OUT OF 5S ON OUR RATING CARD. WOULD ANY REASONABLE PERSON EXPECT A PAINTER TO PAY FOR DAMAGES IF THEIR PAINTED CEILING GOT WATER-STAINED DUE TO A LEAKY ROOF? OF COURSE NOT... SAME ISSUE HERE. SHERWIN-WILLIAMS AND CERTAPRO PAINTERS EVEN OFFERED SEVERAL FREE/VERY LOW COST OPTIONS TO FIX THE ISSUE BUT SHE REFUSED!! ALSO, WE DO NOT OFFER LIFETIME WARRANTIES AS SHE STATED- NO ONE DOES. WE DO GREAT WORK- THAT'S WHY CERTAPRO PAINTERS IS FEATURED IN SAN DIEGO HOME AND GARDEN, OPRAH’S “O”, BOB VILA'S “HOME AGAIN”, “QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY” AND A&E'S "SELL THAT HOUSE." WE’RE NOT ALWAYS PERFECT BUT WE HAVE ONE OF THE HIGHEST REFERRAL RATINGS IN TOWN BECAUSE WE TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE!

09/30/2007

RICHARD P.

This was excellent work done by real craftsmen. It was a difficult job with twenty five foot walls and complex woodwork that required stripping. My house is sixteen years old, but they made it look like new.

Description of Work
They stripped, primed and painted my staircase railing, fireplace railing and woodwork in my 2900 square foot home. They also painted all the walls. The job took nine days to complete.

09/27/2007

JAMES L.

The house looks terrific and I was very impressed with the quality of their work. They were done quickly and made sure that everything was cleaned up and neat when they were done. They replaced anything that was not right like bushes near the house and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They painted the outside of my 1600 square foot house.

Category house painters

09/16/2006

VERONICA K.

The crew leader, Arturo, came out on a Saturday morning to go over the paint job with me. He was very polite and knowledgeable, and told me "no problem" for everything I wanted done. They started on Monday and were finished on Wednesday - very fast, very efficient, cleaned up each day. There were a few things I wanted changed and a little finish work that needed to be done, and Arturo came out the following Saturday morning and fixed everything I asked. He was great. Im completely satisfied with this company and their work. I will definitely use them again for any future painting I need done.

Description of Work
The entire exterior of the house was painted. The previous owner had painted the aluminum window frames, the light fixtures, and the doors blue, including the front security door. CertaPro cleaned the exterior, patched the stucco, scraped, primed and painted everything. There were a number of unpainted boards from having the roof replaced, and they were primed and painted also. The shutters, fascia board, doors, and trim were painted a different color. Also, there are stucco flower boxes across the front of the house that they painted in the house color.

Category stucco, house painters

04/27/2006

CINTHYA M.

Arrived on appointments on time. Employees left area clean after every shift. Owner helped pick colors. They did everything he promised. Cheapest price quote that I received.

Description of Work
Painted 2 story home using 3 colors. Power washed all walls. Cocked all open seams. Fixed cracks and holes on stucco.

Category pressure washing, stucco, house painters

01/20/2006

AS FAR AS WE ARE CONCERNED, I HAVE NO COMMENT OTHER THAN HE DID A GOOD JOB AND WAS ON TIME. THERE WAS TERMITE DAMAGE SO HE HAD TO DO REPAIR WORK ON STUCCO. WE ARE GOING TO GIVE HIM THE INSIDE PAINTING JOB AS SOON AS WE ARE READY.

Description of Work
Painted the complete exterior and repaired stucco on the outside of house.

Category house painters

12/17/2005

JOY T.

The crew members (5) were all very neat, courteous and on time. The foreman explained the day's plan each morning and checked with me before leaving when finished. I feel the price was reasonable for the amount of work that had to be done and am pleased with the finished job. I would recommend this firm to others.

Description of Work
Full exterior painting of house, built in l941, and garage. Job also included patio walls and roof, plus windows and all trim. All surfaces were powerwashed prior to painting and small areas were hand finished.

Category pressure washing, house painters

10/01/2005

TRACY S.

OWNER TONY MARTIN WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND RELIABLE. HE GAVE AN ON-SITE ESTIMATE AND WAS FLEXIBLE WITH BOTH WORKLOAD AND SCHEDULING. HIS WORKERS WERE COURTEOUS AND NEAT, ALTHOUGH WE HAD TO CALL THEM BACK TO TEND TO A FEW OVERLOOKED OR SLOPPY AREAS. TO THEIR CREDIT, THEY FIXED THESE AREAS TO OUR SATISFACTION.

Description of Work
PAINTED 1250 SQ. FT. OF CEILINGS; WALLS IN TWO BEDROOMS, ONE BATH, AND ONE HALLWAY; SIX INTERIOR DOORS AND JAMS.

08/17/2005

JEANNE R.

THE SALES REP/FRANCHISE OWNER TONY MARTIN WAS OUT ON TIME and BID THE JOB BEFORE LEAVING. MADE SPECIAL EFFORT, AS GUEST ROOM WAS RUSH JOB. ARRIVED FRI @ 7:30 AM, ALL PREP DONE BY 2PM, PAINTED UNTIL 2PM. PLACE WAS IMMACULATE WHEN LEFT AFTER WALK THROUGH INSPECTION, FANTASTIC CREW AND COMPANY.

Description of Work
GUEST BEDROOM CEILING, 2 COATS, WALLS 2 COATS, DOORS. PREP: CRACKS, HOLES, STAINS, PRIME SETUP, COVER & PROTECT FLOORS, FURNITURE, FIXTURES, MOVE FURNITURE, SWITCH PLATES, TEXTURE IN GUEST ROOM. CEILING IN BATHROOM. MASTER BEDROOM CEILING, 2 DOORS, CLOSET DOORS.

01/26/2005

ARNIE Z.

THEY WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL, COOPERATIVE, RETURNED PHONE CALLS IMMEDIATELY, AND THEY SHOWED UP WHEN THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO. THEY ACTUALLY FINISHED THE JOB IN LESS TIME THAN THEY HAD ESTIMATED. IT WAS A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE AND THEY WERE EASY TO WORK WITH.

Description of Work
I HIRED THE COMPANY FOR INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR PAINTING.

10/23/2004

MARILYN D.

AN EXCELLENT TEAM OF PAINTERS. THEY WERE FRIENDLY, POSITIVE AND HARD-WORKING... WERE ALWAYS HERE ON TIME. THEY WERE CAREFUL, DETAILED, AND DID A GREAT JOB. CLEANED UP EACH DAY BEFORE LEAVING.

Description of Work
PAINTED SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING - EXTERIOR WITH PRIMER AND TWO COATS - PAINTED THE TRIM AND GLAZED THE WINDOWS.

Category replacement windows, house painters

Rubios Painting Services

Here in Rubios Paintig Services provide great paintig quality, we do interior, exterior and commercial painting

The Painting Company, LLC

We are experienced residential and commercial painters, and we are proud to be in San Diego! We are experts in interior and exterior painting, and our team will provide top-notch customer service throughout the entire process. Visit our site, learn more about our painting process, and call us with any questions. We can't wait to meet you!

Offers by The Painting Company, LLC on Angi
    South Bay Contractors

We are truly a dream team that can help you with all your construction needs. From high end work to standard projects for all your needs. We love to cater and can compliment your creative process and decision making. Our experienced concrete/hardscape team can layout your vision and our highly detailed painters can make your colors come to life! Give us a shot for all your additions, remodels, upgrades and/or fixes. We love what we do and strive for 100% customer satisfaction

General Contractor