Approved Contractor, Inc.

Founded 2010

Everyone wants to improve the look of their home and its energy efficiency. While many California residents share these goals, they don't know where to begin to make these goals a reality. Are you looking for a window installation and exterior coating contractor company that is fair, honest and hard-working? What about technicians who are always on time, stand by their word, and have won the "Super Service Award?" In all of these categories, Approved Contractor measures up. Whether you have a specific window in mind (we carry all lines of windows) or simply wish to cut down your energy bills, our window installation services are exceptional. Our texture coating services are sure to leave you loving the look of your house again, will keep the inside of your home cooler, and are able to withstand all kinds of elements. License #952272...

A Service Provider's profile image

+32 more images

window replacement (110)house painting (35)stucco (27)siding companies (9)egress window (2)door installation (16)general contractors (16)pressure washing (11)woodworking (9)roofing (9)window treatment (3)interior painting (1)

07/07/2022

Mike B.

They Were an Excellent Team of Workers!! It was Amazing to watch them Perform their Job!! It was like they read each other's minds, measuring, cutting and installing the Soffits on the 2 story House and the Garage, the ladders on the house scaffolding were straight up, these Guys flew right up, I loaned them 1 of my ladders and they created a mini scaffolding around the garage, Cleaning the Facia boards to the wood, and painted them Too, covered all the windows, The Motorhome after I moved it away! Very Professional Thank You Approved, done in 4 days !!!

Description of Work
Closing in the Soffits on House and Garage

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 05/28/2022

11/05/2021

Ed N.

On a home built in 1957 Approved Contractor Inc (ACI) installed new construction windows and sliding glass doors, stripped the house of old siding, removed old plywood sheathing and old insulation, and then insulated and stuccoed the house. What was important was not only finding a reputable construction company, but also one that would coordinate the total project. The added benefits were quality work and high-end material, at a competitive price. Of note, was the stucco method (4 layers-coats - scratch, brown, finish and texture). The texture coat is an elastomeric paint (color of my choosing) that is water repellent, reflective and provides an even color on the walls - with a lifetime warranty. Other stucco contractors stop on the finish coat, with the color in stucco. In addition ACI uses its own subcontractors. ACI was professional, flexible, and did really great work. ACI was a superb choice.

Description of Work
New construction windows and sliding glass doors. House stuccoed.

Category contractors, replacement windows, pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 10/07/2021

Nick M.

Great work, great price and quality everything. Would highly recommend

Description of Work
Windows replaced

Category contractors, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Michael D.

It went very well from start to finish. Justin arrived on time and explained the entire scope of work required to upgrade my windows. Once the terms were agreed upon, the contract was signed and the initial deposit was made, the project moved forward without problems and on schedule. I would certainly recommend Approved Contractor, Inc to anyone looking to replace their old windows with modern, quiet and energy efficient windows.

Description of Work
I needed 17 windows and 1 sliding glass door replaced due to being old and energy inefficient

Category contractors, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

Michael H.

Justin gave me an estimate for my patio door. He was very thorough and knowledgable. When I'm ready to move forward with this project, Justin at Approved Contractor will be my contractor.

Description of Work
Estimate for Sliding Door

Category contractors, window treatments, doors

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/20/2020

Mike W.

Justin and team came out quickly, identified the problem, gave me an extremely fair price and fixed the problem. Overall Justin's team was fantastic. They communicated very well through the process, Justin followed up numerous times and even checked on the progress of the work himself upon completion. I will definitely be using Justin Charney and Approved Contractors again!

Description of Work
I had a leak coming through my window that I could not figure out.

Category replacement windows, stucco

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

10/15/2020

Craig T.

My experience with Approved Contractors was a very pleasant one. Justin is very knowledgeable and responsive. His crew was equally as knowledgeable. They were very clean and left the job site looking good. I was very happy with the overall experience of working with Approved Contractors and will recommend them to anyone!!

Description of Work
New windows throughout the house and stucco patching where new windows or opening changed.

Category contractors, replacement windows, stucco

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate the business and hope to partner with you on future projects.

10/15/2020

Lauren P.

I recently go a whole new set of windows for my condo. Justin was so nice, professional, knowledgeable, patient and communicative. He took his time to review my HOA documents and get my new windows done to the specific requirements. This was not a quick or easy process, and Justin handled it with grace. He went above an beyond to make sure he was doing a quality job that met my HOA's super specific requirements. My new windows are not only gorgeous, but they keep my condo cool and they are almost sound proof! I would highly recommend Justin and Approved Contractor for any job! I'm actually referring them to my HOA to get them to be a preferred vendor!

Description of Work
New Condo Windows

Category siding, replacement windows, window treatments

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you and your family.

10/13/2020

Evan G.

Excellent work, oversight, and response to walk through. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Roofing and Windows

Category contractors, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for trusting us with your projects. We appreciate the business and wish you the best.

10/12/2020

James O.

I shopped around with other window and stucco/paint contractors before I chose Approved Contractor. Justin gave me a very detailed quote and worked with me to help me decide and define exactly what I wanted. He convinced me to go with the elastomeric coating over doing a re-stucco job because of its benefits of heat reflection, waterproofing, and it was basically the same price when you include the painting of all the eaves and trim on the house. I received a very fair price for each of the items and services, so decided to go with him for my entire home improvement project. Everything went quite smoothly despite delays of materials from suppliers due to COVID. Justin kept me informed as to progress of the manufacture and delivery of the windows, and was very responsive to my questions. The subcontractors he used to perform the work were all very skilled and professional. There were quite a few different people involved because of all the different things I was having done, so it got confusing at times when someone came to the door to do the day's work. In all, it took about 1 week to install 25 windows on my 2 story house (including sliding glass door), and 1 week to do the prep and paint/coating work. A few thousand $ in extra, unexpected expenses popped up, like replacing some dry-rot wood, extra stucco work around my new front door, and extra tiles for the new roof area, but Justin offered most of those additions to the contract at cost. I also know that there are often unexpected things that happen with new construction or reconstruction that cannot be seen and bid on beforehand, so I didn't feel like I was being taken to the cleaners with the extra costs. My house looks beautiful now, and I feel I made a very good investment, and a very good decision to go with Approved Contractor, Inc.

Description of Work
New window installation, new custom front door installation, new skylight installation, exterior painting and elastomeric coating, new construction of a traditional roof to replace the glass roof of a garden window area.

Category contractors, egress windows, roofing, replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Review for Approved Contractor, Inc. - 5173 Waring Rd, San Diego, CA - 38942750

Thank you for being such a great customer [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the kind words.

10/08/2020

Debra N.

We were very very pleased with Approved Contractor and would recommend them to everyone. They showed up as scheduled, ready to work and completed the job in a timely manner. They also cleaned up after themselves which was appreciated! Not only Mr. Charney, the general contractor, but also his workers communicated with us regularly and kept us up to date with how the job was progressing. Our satisfaction was very important to them. The windows are wonderful and we definitely noticed our house being cooler and the sliding glass door is awesome! The stucco and roof make such a wonderful difference in the appearance of our home.

Description of Work
Stucco, roof replacement, windows

Category roofing, replacement windows, stucco, doors

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure working with you.

10/07/2020

Jeff R.

Approved Contractor came in and offered a competitive bid and quick turn around time. I hired them for the job and they got it done on time without any issues. It was really easy! I will hire them again. No-brainer!

Description of Work
Replacement windows and sliders

Category contractors, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

Review for Approved Contractor, Inc. - 5173 Waring Rd, San Diego, CA - 38929332

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the business. I look forward to working with you in the future.

10/06/2020

Patricia G.

From day one, I knew I was in good, professional hands working with Justin at Approved Contractor. Being out of state I was initially worried undertaking much required repairs (assisting my eldering aunt with so many repairs on her home). My fears were put to rest immediately. Justin did a walkthrough of the property via live video with me and answered all of my questions and concerns. His team removed so much damaged wood from the roof and garage and replaced with new wood and a shingle roof. His team additionally replaced a sliding glass door, power washed the entire exterior of the home, repaired and replaced stucco that was damaged on the exterior beautifully, repaired a retaining wall by my aunt's front lawn and painted the entire exterior of the home and garage. I could not have been more happier with the not only the ease of the process in working with Approved Contractor but the workmanship was superior. Every worker took pride in not only their work but they were professionals all the way around and took special care in cleaning up afterwards. During the entire process Justin made sure to check on his team and address any questions I had. Top notch team that I would highly recommend and use again without hesitation!

Description of Work
Replace sliding glass door, replace roof on main home and garage, remove and replace old damaged wood from roof, power wash exterior of home, repair damaged stucco on exterior of home, paint entire exterior of home and garage and repair and paint retaining wall.

Category roofing, pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you.

03/19/2020

Matthew F.

The Approved Contractors team met my expectations for a solid contracting company to remove the aging, cracked rock on the front of my house, put insulation where it was missing, and put on a new stucco exterior that closely matched the stucco texture of the rest of the house.

Description of Work
Demolition of material on the front of the house and application of new insulation and stucco

Category stucco

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

Review for Approved Contractor, Inc. - 5173 Waring Rd, San Diego, CA - 38452994

08/09/2019

Cherie G.

Larry's Painting did a very good job .His crew was hard working ,and always on time ,they always cleaned up after themselves ,and put things away at the end of the day. I am very pleased with the end result .

Description of Work
Painting of House and Garage

Category house painters

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

05/23/2019

Danielle W.

Very happy that we went with Approved Contractor for our first major home project. We got quotes from several other companies and none were nearly as helpful or professional. Our windows were installed quickly and they look fantastic. Our one issue was that wood frame edges around the windows weren't fully sanded down for painting after installation. Despite this, we plan on using Approved Contractor for future projects. Thanks!

Description of Work
Replace old windows

Work Completed On 04/17/2019

03/21/2019

MARY C.

They came out and gave me great deals. Everything went smoothly and they cleaned up after themselves. Windows are great! Justin Charney, Preston and John are great.

Description of Work
They replaced windows.

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

01/17/2018

Stanley T.

Their prices were not the best for a small job but they were very professional. I decided to go with someone else.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for windows.

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

11/10/2017

Andrea V.

Had Justin come give me an estimate on painting the exterior of a 1970sq ft home. Nice Guy, punctual, but the estimate was 3x the going rate. He quoted me $10,000 for a small home. Just a heads up that this company is not realistic at least as far as the cost of painting a 1970 sq ft home goes.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 11/10/2017

08/13/2017

Jennifer Z.

Approved Contractors did a great job from start to finish! Each person I had in my home, or spoke with on the phone was professional, responsive, and I felt their price was fair. The installation was smooth and they were careful to clean up as they worked. They made sure I was happy with the work before they left. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
We had 6 windows and a slider replaced in our home.

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

07/13/2017

Marie T.

They did a good job only they did not take out some glue particles left in the shingles placed by the front and back sides by the window areas

Description of Work
entire roofing of the house

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/13/2017

07/12/2017

Denise C.

Great! They were on time and went above and beyond to make me happy.

Description of Work
Replacement windows and some stucco repair and painting.

Category replacement windows, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

06/19/2017

John H.

They had some weather delays and communicated well to reschedule the work. They worked through the weekend to catch up. The house looks great.

Description of Work
Stucco repair and painting.

Category replacement windows, pressure washing, stucco, house painters