All Phases and Trades Construction Corp

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 2009

4.4

1211 Maryland Pl

San Diego, CA 92103

All Phases and Trades Construction will plan with you and your life style to create your dreams into reality. From New houses and additions to underground cave rooms. If you can Dream it will Create it. Award winning.

01/13/2015

BEVERLY D.

Terry was easy and pleasant to work with. The work was completed to my satisfaction, on time and within budget. The only issue was when it came to understanding the cost as it got a bit muddled when using the coupon.

Description of Work
Repair SKY LIGHT support REMOVE FLORESCENT CEILING LIGHT FIXTURES AND INSTALL PENDANT LIGHT. INSTALL GFIC PROTECTED RECEPTACLE TO RIGHT OF BAR SINK DRYWALL REPAIRS TO CEILING AND EXPOSED WALLS IN BAR AREA. Install tile counter for wet BAR EXTEND TV CABLING TO NEW LOCATION INSTALL MIRRORS ON BAR WALLS

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing

08/14/2014

Lori S.

He took the piece of wood but I never heard back from him. I emailed a few times and never received a response back. I stopped trying.

Description of Work
He was supposed to take a piece of wood I provided and rip it and route it so I could make window frames from it. I also asked for a bid for another project.

06/15/2014

Vincent S.

NOTHING...No contact from provider. No return phone call or e-mail.

Description of Work
Nothing...never responded to me

12/09/2013

David D.

I called the guy like four times. He finally apologized to me as he had put it off for a couple of months. I ended up getting a refund and the work was not done. He was kind and polite over the phone, the work just never happened.

Description of Work
I had purchased a Big Deal as I had a rotten spot in the roof eave that needed to be replaced.

09/05/2013

Linda A.

We were unable to use the big deal due to scheduling issues. The gentleman that came out for the estimate was unable to get back with us for a follow up and scheduling. He was very polite and professional.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $65 for Two Hours of Master Carpentry or Custom Woodworking.

08/21/2013

Linda J.

It was difficult to schedule the work. There were a couple of calls before a review of the work could be scheduled. There were several cancellations before the contractor came to do the work, which was frustrating. For the most part, I took the initiative on the calls. The work was completed in about 6 hours, which was good. While the work done by his staff appears good, the quaility of the work completed by the owner was obviously better. The owner did report some old termite damage in one area but that the damage was minimal and was fixed. The workers' work was not as neat and finished as the owner's, but they did a good job of cleaning up the site after completing the job. I paid for the stain, which is not included the cost of service above and am also completing a second coat of stain over the new and old work. The labor cost was $598 (to date) and other supplies and materials approximately $206. The owner indicated he was going to recompute the hours of labor, but I have received no further bills at this time and so am rating the overall cost as execellent. If any further costs are added at a later date, the rating could be changed downwards, Overall, I am pleased with the job as it stands but until there is a good rain, I won't know for sure how well it holds up. However, it appears this location is not within the owner's preferred/common working area which may have contributed to the difficulties in getting the work scheduled and completed and, therefore, would not use the contractor again.

Description of Work
Replaced panels of water-damaged T-111 siding and partial window trim in two places on the front of duplex, including adding one coat of stain on replaced panels and window trim.

07/22/2013

William C.

They did a fantastic job. The work crew arrived on time every day and tried to minimize the dust to the rest of the unit. They even protected the carpet by rolling out paper from the entrance to the kitchen area.

Description of Work
Moisture was discovered at lower unit #1 in upper kitchen cabinet which caused mold growth. Cabinet was a recently custom built one piece face with integral shelves with adjacent cabinets. They removed upper corner 4 ft. cabinet in unit #1 and removed moldy drywall at rear, side and ceiling. Drywall was removed to counter splash. Moisture was trapped in wall to floor behind sink cabinet and blind corner cabinet also causing mold. Fixed shelving was removed as well as fixed base shelving below sink and into corner cabinet completely. These walls were exterior walls so all insulation was removed and discarded. Upstairs unit the same work was done in the base cabinet under sink and the blind corner cabinet. Insulation was replaced. All walls were cleaned dried, insulated, and drywall-textured to match existing. All shelves were replaced with plywood. All cabinet facing was rebuilt and reassembled. Crown molding was reused and reinstalled.

Category drywall, remodeling, water damage restoration, woodworking

07/01/2013

DEBORAH P.

They did a very nice job on all of the work, and they finshed in one day, we were very happy with the results and the deal.

Description of Work
Installed interior baseboard, crown moulding, and door casings in entryway, hallway, family room, powder room, laundry room, and kitchen.

06/23/2013

Marc W.

He used stained Douglas Fir instead of Hickory with a clear varnish finish for the wood. The trash can door does not even have a raised panel, its core is flat fir. The stain is not even close to what our existing cabinets looked like and really stands out.. We started this process in December and we have had to continually call him back, he does not call us as he claimed he would. Four months is outrageous for such a simple task. If I had a router I could have done a better job myself.

Description of Work
We asked for a standard drawer and a pull-out door for a trash can to be filled in where a trash compactor used to be located. We gave him a panel of our existing doors to match the wood and style.

06/10/2013

Barbara P.

Job was never completed because contractor never followed-up.

Description of Work
Contractor gave initial quote but then never called back with a service date. We called a month later and he said he would get back to us. Then called several more times over the past six months and he never returned the calls. I would never recommend this company, even though his website looks nice. Obviously he picks and chooses his jobs or he is extremely unorganized and unprofessional.

04/02/2013

Karen W.

Terry came out and looked at the work and said he would get back to us. After we didn't hear from him my husband called again and he said he would get back to us again. He never did call back. It is so rude not to let us know he did not want the work. All he had to do is tell us he wasn't interested.

Description of Work
none

Category handyman service, remodeling

(member name removed): I sent you the estimate ( # 90757) February 25th with an option of a mirrored counter top vs onyx. I have not heard from you since then and thought you would let me know when you were ready to proceed. Terry ^19 279 7339

03/25/2013

Tazo I.

The initial consultation for the work was done at night and we were happy that they would be willing to come by. That said, they came by late by about an hour and a half. Which is fine; we just wish they would have called. If you own a cellphone, there is no excuse for not calling if only to say "I'm running behind and I'll let you know when I can make it." that said, there was a plan for the work to be done and we made an appointment. Similarly for the day of work, they were late. Again. We called that morning to ask if we had our dates wrong (after no evidence that a crew was showing up for an hour or so), and eventually a crew came. Once there the work was quick, efficient, and the patching was really well done. It's hard to see where the bars were on the outside. The inside areas they patched were patched well but not sanded down. One of the crew members wanted to security bars for another project so they took them with them, which we appreciated as we would have had to dispose of them otherwise. Finally, they took the moulding off one side of our 1930s pocket door to see if they would be able to fix it. The answer was no so they put the moulding back up (although it cracked coming off and so needed a spackle and paint job, courtesy of me). Was the work done well? Yes. Was it timely? Once there. Is it hard to get a good contractor to work on time? Maybe, sure. Will we hire them again? Probably not.

Description of Work
Services perfomed included: -removal of wrought-iron security bars from multiple windows and a sliding door -removal of in-room release mechanism -repair and patching of plaster room interior and stucco outside walls -also assessed a broken pocket door in kitchen to see if it were reparable

Category remodeling, stucco

03/24/2013

LANI S.

Wonderful service. I recommend Terry highly.

Description of Work
Terry was wonderful. He modified a seven-foot bookcase down to six feet -- beautiful work. You'd never know the bookcase had been changed. He repaired a sliding drawer in a kitchen cupboard so that it works smoothly. All for the $69 coupon price. I recommend him highly. You couldn't find better service and expertise anywhere.

03/08/2013

Jerry D.

Overall, it went very well. He came out one day to assess the damage and determine what would be needed for repairs. He came back the next day with an assistant, the necessary wood and paint and finished everything in about two hours.

Description of Work
Replaced termite destroyed wood framing on the front edge of my roof. I thought they were very thorogh. I wood definitely use them again.

Category remodeling

Thank you for the review. I'm glad we were able to fix the bath room drawer and replace the damaged fascia and termite damaged wood.rafters. Thanks for being an 'Angie's' user. Terry Dickson

03/05/2013

Sudhir P.

Quite well. He asked me for an extra $200 for the cabinet because my originall door shape was not available. I feel he should have inquied before giving estimate. But it turned out good.

Description of Work
Ran 30 Amp plug for oven Did cabinetry work as new oven and microvave was smaller. After a few days cabinet door fell off as hinge was to small causing slight damage to my floor. I called him back about this and left a message but he never called back. Minor plumbing work. Faucetts were to stiff so he adjusted, but they are are still stiff. But overall good work.

Category electrician, plumbing, woodworking

02/26/2013

Avis D.

We had Terry Dickson of All Phases and Trades in last year when we purchased a coupon from Angie's List. At that time, we were very happy with the work his crew did and decided to call him for this small job, too. He came out the next day and was able to identify the problem (which turned out to be way less significant than we had feared) and complete the entire repair the same day. His worker was very efficient, neat, and pleasant. Job done. Homeowners happy!

Description of Work
Investigated, explained, and repaired two long cracks in the ceiling which had suddenly appeared. Repaired ceiling drywall and (re)attached it, mudded and textured. Also repaired a crack that had appeared along the wall next to a door frame.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling

02/26/2013

kathleen J.

emails, photos sent of the area by email. he came and even came up with some ideas i had not thought of myself.

Description of Work
He built me some shelves and they look like they have always been there. I have an old California Bungalow and the shelves look like they were built back then - and I mean that in a good way. Very tidy and courteous.

Category remodeling, woodworking

Just saying thank you for the time to write the review. I'm glad your happy with the end results I think it looks grreat with rest of the cabinetry also. Terry

02/07/2013

Miles T.

The carpenter arrived right on time, immediately went to work, and finished the job about as quickly as it could be done. I was very pleased with his work and would hire him again for fine carpentry.

Description of Work
This carpenter is really a very fine craftsman. In fact, he was overskilled for the job I wanted done, but that was my fault. What he did is repair the wooden box my manufactured home park requires to cover outside meters and utility connections. He did a fine job of repairing all the damaged wood with much better wood, and he did a really good job of making the trim, etc., look nice. I have a painter coming on February 15, and qanted to get this job completed so that the painter coould paint the box. I would definitely use this man again for any fine carpentry work I may need. However, for some thing that doesn't require a lot of skilled carpentry, I would look for someone who maybe charged a little less. As I said, I have no problem with the price he charged given the quality of the work performed. But, I would not wan to spend as much as I did on a wooden box used outside to make my home look better.

01/31/2013

CHARLES S.

I had 3 pieces of crown molding that never got installed during a kitchen remodel a couple years back, so when a Big Deal for 2-hours of handyman service came along I snapped that up. Terry showed up right on time, did a beautiful installation job, and left everything clean. Couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
Crown Molding Install

Category handyman service

12/19/2012

Loretta K.

Terry came over and gave me an estimate and told me he would be able to get the job done with two men in the 4hour time frame. I was told what I needed to get for the job. I then purchased the wood and painted what I needed to. The two workers came and completed the job in about 31/2 to 4 hours. I was very happy as to how the job came out because they had some suggestions for me like patching the stucco on the very high parts of the house and also being able to paint parts of it also. They did keep busy and did even more than what was planned because some of the wood was able to be patched instead of being replaced. After the job was done I noticed a spot that should have been patched and I called Terry and he agreed that it should have been patched and we scheduled a time to get done also.

Description of Work
I had quite a bit of wood that was in need of being repaired or replaced. Mostly it was my facia boards. Some of the spots they were able to repair with bondo and others had to be replaced. I also had some real high spots on the stucco that needed to be patched and painted.

Category remodeling, woodworking

12/17/2012

Elaine P.

The overall experience was great.

Description of Work
The main job was demolishing a patio overhang with extensive wood rot and termite damage. They also replaced some damaged boards on the house, patched several holes and moved an outdoor light fixture. The workers arrived promptly, were polite, worked diligently and cleaned up. I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling

12/04/2012

Sherry H.

OUTSTANDING customer service, immediate response, and unbelievable high quality of work consider the low cost!!! First, I must say that Terry goes above and beyond to provide the best customer service possible! For example, I am a task master and once I set my mind to getting something done, I want it done NOW. Terry not only came out and did a one hour consultation for me to let me know what type of ceiling fans to get, but then he agreed to do the work 2 days after consultation. He came around 7am and was done with everything by 330pm. Very professional, punctual, and has some awesome guys working for him that are very experienced and just as courteous! I am SUPER SATISFIED with the work he has done for me and he is currently doing an estimate for me to get more work done. If you want a contractor that not only knows what he is doing, but has a team of professional experienced tradesman as well...AND has very reasonable costs..then look no further...All Trades and Phases is your answer!! He will definitely be doing more work for me.

Description of Work
One hour consultation, Carpet restretching throughout entire 2800 sq ft home, 3 ceiling fan installations where no previous light existed with 3 dimmer switches, 4 canned recess LED lights installed with dimmer and 6 canned recess LED lights installed with dimmer switch.

Category lighting, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans

11/15/2012

Linda S.

He was incredibly knowledgeable. He could not get to me for weeks. When he did get to me, he was very competent and his employees did a great job. They did an add on service for the roof for 1/3rd of the price that my insurance company quoted me. His guys were totally on the work. They only thing I had to ask was for them to pick up nails and trash. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
They repaired a wall that had water damage and they also did a roof repair.

Category drywall, roofing, water damage restoration, mold removal

11/06/2012

Bernadette M.

They were excellent. They fixed the hot water heater. Very satisfied. Very honest. On time and professional.

Description of Work
Did some odd jobs.

Category handyman service, water softeners

09/06/2012

Joanna H.

The company sent out two men who did the work to my satisfaction in the time allotted.

Description of Work
I had termite and dry/wet rot damaged wood that needed replacement to the exterior of my home in prep for painting.