We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Air Plus Heating & Cooling

Founded 1991 • With Angi since August 2008

9484 Chesapeake Dr. Ste 806

San Diego, CA 92123

We service, install, repair and maintain residential central and ductless heating and air conditioning, whole house air filtration, duct cleaning & repair, and blown-in attic insulation. Serving greater San Diego, and parts of San Diego County since 1993. We employ quality oriented U.S. citizens that have been carefully screened, drug tested and background checked. We do not subcontract. Call us for special promotions and inquire about our flexible financing options....

06/29/2022

Carlos V.

Excellent… price , equipment & timeliness. I do recommend Air Plus Heating & Cooling.

Description of Work
You are Reviewing Air Plus Heating & Cooling Service & installation

06/27/2022

Bonnie K.

As usual, Air Plus Heating & Cooling did an excellent job, start to finish. Scheduling was easy, I was well informed about the estimated time of their arrival, and the technician himself was extremely nice, professional, clean-cut, respectful of my property and efficient. The cost was quite reasonable. I can always count on this company to send out friendly, experienced workmen to ensure my A/C holds up nicely through the hot days of summer. Thank you!

Description of Work
Annual HVAC Maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the "two thumbs up". We certainly appreciate the thorough assessment of your experinece with our company, and of course your loyalty. We appreciate you, stay cool!

04/05/2022

M V.

The Airplus team worked hard, pulled all the old 1970s duct work out and installed new including an additional air vent that improved air flow in our great room. Installed new floating furnace under house and a/c outside. Very knowledgeable & talented. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Install new furnace & a/c as well as replace old rusted 1970s duct work in garage.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are certain you will enjoy more comfort with your new high efficiency system and breathe easier with the new and clean ducting. Thank you for your continued loyalty....we appreciate you!

02/09/2022

Richard S.

I had 3 old HVACs that needed replacement. Interviewed 5 companies and selected AirPlus. Kevin was the salesperson and was my first point of contact. He came to the house a couple of times and asked a lot of questions about the layout (almost 4000 sq ft) and issues that we were having with our current systems. Eventually, Kevin brought over Jim, the owner of AirPlus with 35 years in the industry, to take measurements and to help figure out appropriate solutions. In the course of planning, Jim visited 2 or 3 times and we always had good dialogue. We ended up replacing the 3 old HVACs with 2 Trane HVACs, including compressor, furnace, coil, ducting, electrical, and registers. Jim was onsite during most of the install and his crew was very respectful, always wore masks, and did a great cleanup at the end of each day’s work. Job took about 6 days to complete. I had opted for final inspection with WeGreen and the City of Poway. Each indicated an excellent install and I just received the official permit today. I’m not one who writes many reviews but felt I needed to share this experience. I know how daunting it can be facing HVAC issues/replacement, but I was quite pleased with AirPlus, from the front office to sales, owners, and crew. Needless to say I highly recommend AirPlus for your HVAC needs.

Description of Work
HVAC Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you so very much for the glowing review of Air Plus- from start to finish, we are so pleased that we were able to meet all of your expectations. We know there are many companies to choose from and the fact that you were so thorough in your research and interviews speaks volumes to the trust that you placed in our company for this extensive project. Hearing that the City of Poway gave two thumbs up is icing on the cake. We look forward to serving you in the future and thank you for recommending us to others!

01/10/2022

Debra E.

I can't say enough nice things. Another company gave a $2300 estimate to replace electronics but could not guarantee it would work. Andrew from Air Plus took time to perform careful diagnostics and determined problem was NOT the electronics - the unit needed refrigerant. The system was up and running for less than $800 and Air Plus provided a one year guarantee.

Description of Work
diagnostics and repair for Fujitsu mini-split (air conditioner/heater)

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are so happy that you found us and we were able to address the real issue with your mini-split system! Thank you for letting others know, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

11/19/2021

ed L.

Fantastic. The problem was identified in a professional manner. Jim and his Air Plus Heating & Cooling team were great!

Description of Work
Needed to repair air conditioning system. Wire between house and outside unit was found to have an open circuit

11/05/2021

Janet S.

We had used AirPlus previously to repair our aging Fujitsu heat-pump system because they had the technical knowledge to do it. Now we decided to replace it with a newer Mitsubishi system, which is very similar but currently better rated. We were surprised at how swiftly the materials could be gotten and how soon the workers could come to take out the old system and do the new installation. They came promptly and did very neat and efficient work. The system is complex and needs trained knowledge; we were impressed with their technical skill. We have signed up for their service maintenance agreement. We can highly recommend this company for both repairs and installations.

Description of Work
install new heat-pump heating and cooling system

09/23/2021

JOHN S.

There were some problems with the new A/C unit, which took a couple of days to troubleshoot and correct with new replacement parts. Then, the existing forced-air unit fan had to be adjusted to be compatible with the more efficient A/C unit. All this took longer than expected, but Air Plus completed the job and we are very happy with the Trayne's performance: Effective cooling our home and very quiet! The installation team members, Erick and Ozzie, were professional, persistent, and courteous. Highly recommended!!

Description of Work
Installed new A/C unit

06/25/2021

Kassie B.

Air Plus was great from start to finish, and every single person we interacted with was professional and easy to work with. The quoting process with Kevin was smooth and competitive, and the installation went well. We got another quote from another company that came in a little lower, but we were much more comfortable with the professionalism Kevin showed. Well, Kevin ended up matching the quote, making it an easy decision. After scheduling the initial install, I had to reschedule due to some things that came up on our end. When I called, the person I spoke with (I think it was Kim) was understanding and made it easy to adjust the dates without any hassles at all. The whole installation crew, including Eric, Osvaldo, and Andrew (and anyone else I may have missed!), were knowledgeable, efficient, and professional. They checked in to make sure we were happy with the placement of equipment and were proactive in giving us a heads up about any loud noise or strange odors. We are very happy with the end result and highly recommend the entire team!

Description of Work
Replace furnace and existing ducting and install air conditioning

01/22/2021

Renee P.

Great. Super old system, though they were able to resurrect at least to get us through this season.

Description of Work
Furnace wasn't turning on

08/27/2020

wendy L.

Quick and very professional! They saved our family from this heat in less than 15 minutes ❤️

Description of Work
AC wasn’t cooling

07/31/2019

Katherine F.

Air Plus is one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. From start to finish. Amanda - the office manager, is one of the sweetest girls and is a pleasure to speak to. She made scheduling my duct replacement so easy. Ralph was there bright and early ready to get started! I love their professionalism and how they get the job done in a timely manner. Will be coming back to Air Plus for all my future HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Duct Replacement

01/08/2018

James B.

Excellent. A minor starting problem was resolved with a new control board at no cost. Prompt and responsive.

Description of Work
Old furnace was removed and a new one installed along with additional insulation around venting.

09/05/2017

Pamela G.

Our first contact was with Kim at the office who was polite and efficient. She set up an initial meeting with Dave Finnestad within a few days. Dave is very friendly and knowledgeable, but mostly we appreciated his honesty. He did not seem to be pushing a product on us, but wanted to make sure we got what was needed for our home and lifestyle. We settled on the units and price, about $10,000. This we expected for new units and fortunately we had ducting and wiring already set up. The date was set a few weeks out and installation started at 7:30am. All went well. The owner, Jim, was here as well as Derek, Ralph and Andrew, all efficient and hard working. Everything was up and running by the end of the day and everything left clean and in order. Dave made a follow-up visit to make sure we were enjoying our AC during the heat wave. It was such a relief to have a quiet and cool home again. Enjoyed working with this company and felt confident that if there was a problem it would be taken care of quickly. It is a small, family owned company and customer service is a priority to them. We would recommend them to others without reservation.

Description of Work
Air Plus installed a new Trane AC unit ,furnace, and thermostat.

07/11/2017

Noel F.

I have an old system from 1981. One of the large firms (Andersen) had "fixed" it 6 months before for $1k, but it died again after 5 months as they had misdiagnosed the problem. AirPlus figured it out (it was subtle) and it's has no more problems for years now.

Description of Work
AC not working.

04/11/2017

Phil W.

Price is a little higher than I wanted to pay, but they did a good job. I have to do an air conditioning check up. There were two workers. The work took three quarters of a day to complete.

Description of Work
Installed an air conditioner add on to the heating system, and did some re-ducting. They also installed an new thermostat, which they did a good job with.

01/30/2017

James B.

Air Plus came out, removed the old furnace, placed multi-layer insulation in the air plenum, wrapped the same stuff around the air ducts and installed the new Trane unit. Some time after installation, had some problems with the control unit that prevented the furnace from starting up. A new control board took care of the problem. No muss, no fuss; all covered under the original warranty.

Description of Work
Had an old furnace finally give up the ghost so needed a new one; more efficient and better. Wanted a Trane (researched) and Air Plus was a local dealer so, after some checking, asked them to put in a replacement.

01/17/2017

Tracey B.

Everything went very well from my first meeting with David. The company is very communicative and answers questions that come up. The work crew was here at the said time and the owner, Jim, was on site for much of the day as the work was being done. He was very helpful and approachable and the whole crew was knowledgeable and did a great job. It just so happens that this bid was the lowest that I received. The equipment is high quality and I was not sold something that I did not need. I wish all companies were this easy to deal with. What a pleasant surprise!

Description of Work
My furnace and ductwork needed to be replaced. I took bids from 4 different companies and AirPlus was by far the most informative, honest, and helpful company I interviewed. I do not like high pressure sales and I do not want to be sold equipment that is not necessary or useful for my home. David, the salesman, was very helpful and I was able to make a decision about the work I needed based on the information he told me.

07/14/2016

Truit T.

This was the most honest company I believe I have ever came across. Their sales rep, David Finnestad, immediately saw that since we had installed a Bryant furnace two years ago that if I wanted to add a 2-stage ac unit it would probably need to also be a Bryant product so the two could communicate properly for maximum efficiency. Since he was selling Trane ac units he declined the sale and educated me on the "how's" and "why's" of HVAC. He even called back two days later, after speaking with a Trane rep, to verify this. Turned out he was correct so this guy really knows his stuff! If you need a new HVAC system please make sure and call this company!!! None of the other HVAC companies told me about this when trying to sell me 2-stage condensers. That should be an eye-opener for anyone in the market for an HVAC system.

Description of Work
New 5 ton AC condenser and evaporator coil as ours had "died".

02/01/2016

Clifford H.

Air Plus first came out to do a furnace inspection on our 30 year old furnace. The pilot light failed to ignite after multiple attempts, so we decided to finally get a new furnace. Everything went according to plan. They started with a pre-job inspection by Dan, then followed by the actual installation of the furnace by Jeremy. The furnace installation took about a half a day, but everything was working smoothly after that. Jeremy did a super job. A few weeks later the humidifier arrived and it was installed in a few hours. Again, with no problems. I have purchased the extended warranty which includes material and labor, and a yearly maintenance check on the furnace and humidifier.

Description of Work
Installed a new TRANE furnace and humidifer.

07/16/2015

Martin N.

Went as well as it can be expected. Crew was on time, pricing was fair, quality of service top notch, and every attempt was made to schedule as early as possible. We love the new Trane furnace+A/C!

Description of Work
Replace both furance & A/C and change old and worn out/cracked ductwork in attic and garage.

09/18/2014

Rodney C.

Air Plus is a fantastic company. They have key traits in a provide: honesty, good/win-win pricing, and work really hard for you. I had purchased my 3,300+ Ranch style house in Poway 3 years ago and was told by the home inspector that both my AC/Furnace units had to be replaced when I moved in. I couldnt afford to replace both so I replaced one unit for less than $13k installed, which included all new ducts throughout half the house, as well as removal of the old honking AC and Furnace (that was in my attic). It only took a few weeks from order to have the system installed. Jim and Kim were great and I knew I would use them again when it came time to install the other system to support the other half of my house. Well, I placed that order last year in 2013 and Jim and Kim were, again, very nice, professional, gave me a great price and installed the other AC/Furnace on time and on budget. which was about $12k. I decided to write this review now because I have had 3 yrs and 1 yr to monitor the installation and effectiveness of the systems set up and I am very pleased. Poway gets very hot but in my house I am cool as I wanna be! Air Plus offers its customer a direct, honest discussion and is a company you can rely on! Rod

Description of Work
Totally replaced the old AC and Furnace on the LR/DR/FR/Kitchen/TV room side of the house.

05/20/2014

Charles C.

They were very professional, knowledgeable, reasonably priced, and courteous. Even when I had conversations with the person over phone, I have the same experience with them as I did with the person that actually came to my house to do the work. It was all very good. I have a train system so these are people that maintain and install train systems. I had called a number of people and pretty much everyone’s prices were comparable.

Description of Work
Air Plus Heating & Cooling came out and did a six months maintenance on my heating and cooling system.

05/20/2014

Kevin B.

The experience went very well. They were very easy to deal with and very professional. They made it on time for the appointments. They were very communicating. They cleaned up after themselves. I couldn't even tell they were there. They were very conscientious. They were pretty competitive and gave me some discounts, so it helped a lot. Things have been working great.

Description of Work
Air Plus Heating & Cooling installed a new air conditioner and replaced all the ducting up in the attic.

05/17/2014

Barbara Y.

They were very professional, knowledgeable and very good, but I thought the price was a little high. It seems like they make a lot of their profit from selling those units or parts. The technician also seemed polite. I would shop around for price before I used them again.

Description of Work
I used Air Plus Heating & Cooling to replace a controller in my forced air heater.

Airways Duct Cleaning

We are committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business. Call today for all your dryer vent and air duct cleaning needs!

Monster Steamer

At Monster Steamer, we provide high quality services and our mission is to provide you with the most outstanding, highest value service experience possible. We are committed to showing up on time and communicating with you throughout the service experience. Our staff will show up in a professionally lettered vehicle, in uniform, ready to serve you in the most courteous manner possible. Get What You Pay For… Never select a cleaning firm based on price alone. A low priced service could actually damage your floor or fabric, costing you more in the long run. Monster Steamer charges more than other companies, but you get what you pay for. It’s impossible for a company to provide the most outstanding service experience if they can’t afford to invest in the best education and equipment. AVOID UNEDUCATED, UNINFORMED AND SOMETIMES DOWNRIGHT UNSCRUPULOUS CARPET CLEANERS! You will get the satisfaction you have been looking for. Plus, we offer a Satisfaction Guarantee so you will have the peace of mind you deserve when you hire our company. We are a licensed and insured business certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) to provide the best methods of cleaning in the market. Using our green solutions, we know you'll be able to breathe and feel better in your home or office. We feel confident that if we can't get you a clean, odor-free carpet then no one can. **Free estimates are by phone.

Cool Air For you

With over 22 years of experience, we are heating and air conditioning company working in the Greater San Diego Area. Our company strives to provide the best service for reasonable prices. We are a manufacture approved company and certified for ductless and VRF systems by Mitsubishi. Our technicians train on all brands of heating and air conditioning systems. Our goal is to provide all our customers with the friendliest service, based on knowledge and timeliness. Give us a call today for your free estimate!

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
    Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
    LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    California
    California: Contractors
    01/31/2024
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Central and ductless air conditioning and heating repair and installation. Serving greater San Diego and parts of San Diego County since 1991. We service all makes and models of central HVAC, and are a highly rated Trane Comfort Specialist and Fujitsu ductless mini split dealer. San Diego Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating since 1993, and N.A.T.E. certified. Pres. Jim Crawford has over 30 yrs. experience, and oversees every installation.

We do not service window or portable A/C units, radiant/floor heat, water-source heat pumps, and ductless mini-splits other than Fujitsu and Mitsubishi, Geothermal