Ace Contractors

Founded 1958 • With Angi since October 2012

650 Columbia St # 214

San Diego, CA 92101

Ace Contractors is a licensed plumbing and HVAC contractor serving the San Diego area. Provides residential and commercial plumbing and HVAC work including re-piping, tank-less hot water heaters, heating and AC units, repairs and installations and more in and around San Diego. Plumbing and HVAC free estimates. We are a full service plumbing, heating and air conditioning contractor in San Diego and surrounding areas....

07/22/2022

Lisa N.

Juan Pelayo was wonderful! Friendly and kind. He made sure that the work was done right. He even gave me tips on how to clean my garbage disposal with ice and lemon. I would hire him again no question.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak under my kitchen sink

03/27/2020

Alma C.

We had both bathroom sinks stopped up. We had the Technician at our door in an hour from our call and he had the sinks fixed in even less time. He had all he needed for the job with him and cleaned up good after his work was done. This company understands what "emergency" means. They are quick because they have a good system: from the initial call to scheduling to follow-up call and to the Technician knocking at your door. Thank you Jonathan, Julie, and T.

Description of Work
plumbing repair

02/14/2020

Jay B.

Experience was great.

Description of Work
Feb 10th they replaced the shower fixtures.

01/02/2020

Kimvi N.

I had multiple issues going on around the house. Clogged drain and leaking sink were the two most prominent issues. Reached out to these guys and they sent out a technician. He arrived as requested, analyzed the problem, informed me what needed to be done and what my options were and then quoted me a prices for each options. They were friendly, professional, and transparent. No long have a leaking sink or a clogged drain, they came and did what they said they would

Description of Work
Clogged Drain and Sink Leak

12/27/2019

Quan N.

The guys at Ace did an amazing job! I had them replace a toilet that was old and fixing the leaking shower head in our master bathroom. They came on time and fixed it/replaced the things necessary with ease and was able to get in and out in no time

Description of Work
Replacing Toilet and Fixing Leaking Shower head

12/14/2019

Rick B.

Plumber was prompt, courteous, professional, and fixed the problem fairly quickly. He had to cut off the old handle (corroded) and also had to go get the correct new mixer valve and new handle. Price was a little higher than expected but all in all "Good Work".

Description of Work
Fix shower control valve-only cold water comes out in all positions.

11/26/2019

DYL C.

Ace did a phenomenal job with fixing the issues we had in one of our restrooms. I had a clogged shower drain that needed to be snaked and cleared out. Also had a leaking faucet that needed to be replaced. They did everything in one shot and was able to fix everything in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Fixing a clogged drain and leaking faucet

11/22/2019

Kristina T.

Service went really well. They came in and were able to fix a leaking faucet in the kitchen and unclog the drain in one of our restroom. Everything works great

Description of Work
Plumbing Work (Clogged Drain and Leaking Faucet)

10/10/2019

Dylan C.

I reached out to these guys to install a new toilet. Old one kept running and was wasting water and it became such a hassle to the point that I was fed up with it. These guys came by and installed a new toilet that I had picked out. Everything works great now! They do a great job and offer very fair pricing.

Description of Work
Installing New Toilet

Category plumbing

Once again we appreciate your business and referrals

10/07/2019

lorian C.

came home to a leaky water heater after a late dinner, called they arrived within the hour. we were back in business. great customer service.

Description of Work
water heater

Category plumbing

Thank for your business once again and the review

10/05/2019

Charles H.

The service itself was courteous. They were puntual and very responsive. the main thing I questioned him was about the cost

Description of Work
I have a toilet in my house that was not flashing properly. Within the toilet tank itself, a piece of plastic is connected to flashing mechanism of the toilet that has snapped off and was basically flashed down the drain, so the toilet is not flashing properly.

09/04/2019

christopher N.

It went very well, they showed up on-time and provided us with a very reasonable estimate. They removed our old toilet and installed a brand new one for us, no more issues! Couldn't be happier with the work they did, I highly recommend Ace!

Description of Work
Toilet Replacement

08/13/2019

Eva L.

Overall it went well.

Description of Work
Changed faucet and did valves and plumbing and pipes under the sink.

04/28/2019

Larry J.

Tony was Tech that arrived for the requested service. Tony was extremely professional and knowledgeable, preformed a checkout of the system and did not find any issues with system, that was good news. Response from the office staff was also very professional and provided updates as to when Tony would arrive. Will use Ace in the future for my HVAC service.

Description of Work
Check out Air conditioning system

03/28/2019

Diana H.

He quoted $1000 just to move the water heater. He didn't want to give a written estimate then he change the estimate lowered to $800. He was over the market price.

Description of Work
Plumbing service.

11/02/2018

Millie M.

They responded promptly, explained exactly what was needed, went to purchase necessary hardware and had it installed in less than 40 minutes. Rey was very professional. They gave me the best price by far of the companies I contacted.

Description of Work
Had to replace leaking outdoor spigot and pipes and connector.

07/31/2018

Maria W.

When Raul came out, he checked my system's filter and thermostat before going outside to check the rest of the system. I was told that the capacitor had literally exploded inside. Raul quoted me a $283 cost to replace. He attempted to replace, and told me that it was still not cooling. I was offered another part too "kickstart" the capacitor, but that part would not be under warranty so there was no guarantee how long it would last. Raul then told me that my 4 ton system would need to be replaced at a cost of $7700. I called another contractor who has been in business in Lemon Grove for two generations. He came out, replaced the capacitor and two fuses, only charging me $125. I feel that Ace Contractors attempted to take advantage of my lack of experience to try to gouge and defraud me.

Description of Work
Central air conditioning repair-system not cooling

06/08/2018

mary H.

Gus Mendez evaluated the water heater in the garage while I was not with him. He gave me a proposal to replace the water heater for $3,000. When I tried to use the hot water after he left, I no longer could get ANY water at all from any of my faucets. He also left the concrete cover off the water main after he inspected it. It is too heavy for me to lift myself. The company said they didn't touch the water heater and refused to come back to evaluate it and denied leaving the cover off, and said they would not come out to evaluate what happened. It is a really strange coincident that he told me yesterday I needed to replace my hot water heater and today my water heater is not working, even though it was working perfectly before Ace came to my house.

Description of Work
Came to check a leak under the refrigerator. I also asked him for a quote to replace the 2 water heaters.

06/06/2018

robin T.

Tech came out for a drip leak in the master bath. He replaced both hot and cold angle stops for $370. Within an hour same leak, same place. New tech came out later the same day and said he didn't know why the angle stops were replaced but the problem was the faucet. If I would buy a new faucet, Ace would be glad to come out and install it for an additional $350. Wow. I called another plumber.

Description of Work
repair drip leak in bathroom

03/31/2018

Cristina V.

Norman Newsone came to my house twice to assist with a leaky faucet and helped me identify a leak coming from my dishwasher. Norman and everyone I spoke to for scheduling were prompt, courteous, provided helpful advice, and did a great job. After the original estimate, I was able to schedule a follow-up appointment quickly. He procured the faucet I needed, replaced the faucet, the two valves below the sink, and even helped me disconnect my dishwasher and move it. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replacement of a kitchen faucet and valves

03/07/2018

Margie M.

We had to order the part ourselves. So we had to have the contractor come out again after the part came in. He did not charge us for the first trip. The repair took about 30 minutes to replace the defective part. I had no problem with the quality of the work but thought the price of $275 was a little steep. I would probably ask for an estimate next time before proceeding.

Description of Work
Repair shower valve

08/31/2016

Brad H.

Description of Work
Did not contract for services through Angie's List but rather through Home Advisor which is much simpler to use and provides better information. I filled out the form and they called me in less than 5 minutes, was out in just a couple of hours and repaired my leaky pipe in just minutes! Would use them again!

08/27/2016

Theresa K.

Description of Work
Extremely unprofessional; didn't show up when they were supposed to; did work not agreed to and then was charged almost 3 times original estimate.

Build Brothers

Build Brothers Inc. is a fully insured roofing and solar company, servicing all of San Diego County. A little about us, Build Brothers was founded by brothers Byron & Ian Frisch and is a family-owned business with over 20 years of experience in both residential and commercial roofing and solar. Our expert team offers a wide variety of services that include commercial roofing, leaks, replacement, repair, material, and solar panel installation. Our residential roofing services include repair, customization, paint, replacement, and solar systems installation. No job is too large or too small, in order to get a better idea about your next roofing or solar project, simply fill out the form on this page and request a free evaluation now.

Rooter Ranger Plumbing - San Diego

WELCOME to ROOTER RANGER PLUMBING for ALL your plumbing needs RESIDENTIAL and COMMERCIAL. We specialize in Rooter & Drain Cleaning. We offer a $47 DRAIN CLEANING SPECIAL (w/proper/easy access). We off a 10% Discount for Seniors, Military personnel and First Responders! We are a family owned business and our customers are our number one priority. Rooter Ranger provides plumbing repair services, drain cleaning, line maintenance, inspections, water leak repairs and trenchless sewer repairs. Rooter Ranger is here for ALL your plumbing needs. We are Covid-19 compliant and when our technician arries to evaluate the situation, he will provide you with a FREE ESTIMATE. There is no trip charge to come out to give you a Free estimate and no work will be done without your approval! Check us out on Yelp and see all our 5 star reviews. Rooter Ranger Plumbing is open for service 24/7 including all holidays. CALL NOW for all your plumbing needs and inquiries! 1-619-313-4808 or 1-858-810-9988

PATRIOT PLUMBING

Full service plumbing and repair including faucet, toilet and sink repairs, slab leaks, garbage disposals, water heaters, repipes and more!

Hot water heaters, clogged drains, cooling & heating installations