A PERFECT SHINE CLEANING INC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2005

3.8

6442 UNIVERSITY AVE

San Diego, CA 92115

15 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. CHARGES BY THE HOUR. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. ASK ABOUT ANGIES LIST DISCOUNT. LICENSE #: B2001000716....

08/29/2022

Jair P.

this company is very bad in san diego CA. Be sure that they do the work of hauling services to put a protection on your floor since all your cars have oil dero greetings. If it is a cleaning service that the people they send her are legal because she hires almost everyone who cleans without having papers and then pays in cash..

Description of Work
Acarreo y limpieza

Category carpet cleaners, hauling services, house cleaning

07/21/2013

Sharlene D.

We called A Perfect Shine to clean our 2 bd/1 ba older home about a year ago. We were able to schedule the cleaning with no problems and the cost of $90 was given to us over the phone when we scheduled the appointment based on hours required to clean a house of our size. The crew arrived on time and got right to work. As we have done in the past during housecleaning, we told them we were going out for a bit to let them do their thing but would be back before the completion time (2 hours) to pay them. We came back an hour and a half later to find that they had finished cleaning early. One of the crew was sitting on the front porch waiting for us while the other was going through our blue recycling bin outside pulling out cans and bottles. I'm not a stickler for hours paid equals hours worked, I just want the job done well. However, the cleaning services were maybe a 3 on a scale of 1-5. There were areas they missed dusting completely and the kitchen floor looked like it had been quickly wiped down vs. cleaned with a mop and cleaner as I'd requested. Mostly, the experience didn't leave me with a feeling of comfort and trust in their work ethic or integrity. And I certainly didn't appreciate paying for the time they spent going through our recycling.

Description of Work
Lack of integrity. Priorities seemed off.

02/05/2013

Daisyanne E.

My experience with A Perfect Shine Cleaning Inc was good. They got my carpet cleaned.

Description of Work
They cleaned the carpets for me.

Category carpet cleaners

01/08/2013

Heath E.

I have a 1500 sq foot house and have been using the same cleaner every two weeks for a couple years. She comes in and does a great job. If she can't make it, she calls me to let me know of a reschedule. I am reminded 5 days in advance she is coming by email. Great company, the only and quot;problemand quot; is sometimes she puts things away and it takes me a while to find it.

Description of Work
The cleaner comes in and completely cleans the entire house.

06/05/2012

Lisa S.

They are really good. They can always fit you in if you need extra cleaning time. They are really good when it comes to responsiveness. If you ask them to be there at a particular time, they would be there but on a regular Friday when they come to our house they come at the same time. They are very professional.

Description of Work
We used A Perfect Shine Cleaning Inc for house cleaning. They come to our house every Friday.

04/16/2012

Betty E.

It was a rocky start but they are doing fine now. They do a good job. From having worked with them, they are now on time and reliable. They are quite good. They are responsive.

Description of Work
I use A Perfect Shine Cleaning every two weeks for housekeeping.

04/12/2012

Jon F.

Great.

Description of Work
I get two cleaners for about an hour of weekly cleaning. They are always on time and very nice. We only use non-toxic cleaning chemicals and they honor that requirement.

02/11/2012

Michelle M.

The cleaning team showed up late for the scheduled appointment. They dripped water on the carpets as they were cleaning, and were planning to leave with a number of streaks on the windows before I pointed them out. Overall, not a very good quality job.

Description of Work
Cleaning of windows and blinds

Category window cleaning

11/21/2010

Heath E.

I hired this company back in June to do bi-weekly cleanings. The first few visits were great, but as we neared the end of summer, the quality of the cleaning began to go down. Because I was not home at the time of the cleaning, I relinquish the right to complain about the service. The final time they came, the floor was filthy when I got home, my stair bannister had not been touched, and someone had dropped my our laptop (damage was only cosmetic: thank goodness). They didnt leave a note or anything, just left (taking the tip). I cancelled service immediately. I cannot work with a company that takes shortcuts and has no integrity.

Description of Work
They cleaned our 3 br 2.5 bath home

11/17/2010

Annette B.

I considered the price to be too high

Description of Work
Changed bedding in three bed rooms; vacuumed in bedrooms, living room and family room Partially dusted in family room Cleaned leather furniture in living room Cleaned two and a half bathrooms

11/11/2010

Jennifer B.

The 3 person crew was 40 minutes late without calling. 2 of the crewdid not speak english and the 3rd spoke very little english which was broken and not easily understandable. Ordered this service on-line and asked for a spring cleaning and detailed out specific tasks that I wanted cleaned. I had foot surgery and am uable to clean and wanted the house to have a really good cleaning, baseboards, bathroom walls, doors, frig, blinds, etc. The form they brought showed a general cleaning with the extra tasks listed. The one who spoke some english stated that they would only do a general cleaning and maybe the frig if there was time. The 3 cleaners were here for 2.5 hours to clean a 1541 square foot house. I was shocked that it took that long, our house had cleaning ladies in 3 weeks before this and it wasn't that dirty. I feel I was taken advantage of since I did not speak spanish. Since they were late and took so long, I had to run out to take my child to kindergarten, I signed the form and added a $15/tip, totalling $115. The person who spoke some english came running after me when I was in the car and said it was $100/hour. WHAT??? He wrote in that is was $250 and added my tip in for $265. I called the company to discuss the issues and got a rude person who didn't hear what I was saying and kept going back to the form I signed-yes the one for $115 not $265. I am horrified that company would behave in this manner. I work in public tv and radio and hold companies to high ethical standards, I should not have assumed high ethical standards with this company. I requested a $100 refund and that was refused. My only other recourse is to dispute this charge with my credit card company. I told the cleaning company that I would do this and they didn't seem to care. I am shocked that a company would jeopordize their Angie's list rating and have to deal with credit card dispute but I handle my business affairs in a very different way. Extremely disappointed!!!!

Description of Work
spring cleaning, wipe baseboards, bathroom walls, light fixture in front hall, all doors, frig

Category house cleaning

I am writing back about the complain from the member. No, we are not willing to refund $100 back for time my crew spend working there. She made an appointment online, she talk to no one from our office when she made the appointment. In the appointment online it specifically says a 3 person crew $100 hourly. It states there from 2-3.5 hours=$200-$350. She also listed she wanted carpets cleaned. My crew arrive, and she said she had to drop off her son I believe to school and sign the paper wrote $15 tip and $100 for cleaning and she had said she only wanted 2.5 hours and no carpet and she mention she was going to call the office to do the carpet because she was not ready for that day. The captain from the crew ran out and told her it is by the hour 2.5 hours is $250 plus $15 tip, she said "What? That she had to leave." My crew told me about this and I ask him did you tell her that it is by the hour and he said yes. When her and I spoke over the phone the first thing she started to mention is that she did not know it was $250 and she wanted $100 refund back. I ask did you sign the paper and my crew told you it was not $100 it would be $250 plus tip you have gave, she said yes but I was in a hurry I had to go and did not have time. I have told her that they did the task she listed on her online appointment and that it clearly states that the cleaning would run from $200-$350. I did refuse to give her refund but I was never rude, and before we ended the conversation she had said she would cancel the payment transaction and I told her that it was fine, and we ended the conversation. I have mention this to my boss about having maybe a decline transaction and I explain why. But after that we have never herd about anything else until now. We are a professional cleaning company and we like resolving problems when a crew is not satisfied and all our clients pay us what we work for, but this situation looks like to me she just wants $100 back and I find it unfair because by crew work for more than 2.5 they work from 8:30am to 11:20am, but due to the fact that my crew was late they only charge 2.5 hours. I could fax over to you the online appointment. Itzy Rivas, office assistant.

10/01/2010

David H.

We have a large house cleaned either weekly or every other week. They have done a thorough job each time, and have arrived on time and with the number of cleaners they promised. Typically it is a three person crew and they clean the house in about 60-90 minutes. But they accomplish more in that time than our least one person cleaner did in four hours. We also had them perform an intense "spring cleaning" that was several hundred dollars, but really made the place sparkle and undid several months of dust and dirt that had accumulated while we were trying to keep the place clean on our own. I recommend them.

Description of Work
They clean bathrooms, floors, dust and change linens if clean linens are laid out for them. Clean the kitchen and the windows and generally make the house look good.

09/23/2010

Don B.

Team was late with no phone call to inform customer. Had appointments that I needed to attend to and had to cancel some. Team was one hour late from scheduled time. Overall cleaning was par at best. Did not have time to go over with their team to discuss issues so I told them all was fine.

Description of Work
"Spring Cleaning"

08/28/2010

lance C.

Crew was very efficient, and did an excellent job. Normally crew shows up with one English speaker which can make things more difficult if you have specific needs. This has not been a significant problem for me.

Description of Work
Thorough house cleaning. 2 hours, 3 people, 1600 sq ft house. $200 plus $30 tip. I have mostly hardwood floors (dust) and tile (mop). I have a few area rugs that need minor vacuuming, and bathrooms that need the typical cleaning.

08/10/2010

Steven R.

Everything was great.

Description of Work
They provided housecleaning and carpet cleaning services.

Category carpet cleaners, house cleaning

09/21/2007

JIM W.

They always do a great job and they also leave my house very clean. Their prices are very good, and they are professionals. They always come 3 times a month and every time, they do a very good job. They always show up on time and I am pretty happy with their services.

Description of Work
They cleaned my entire Condo. They vacuumed the carpets and clean the bedrooms. They send 3 people to do the job and they spend about 1 1/2 hours to finish the job.

05/15/2007

KIMBERLY H.

The crew arrived late, although within the three hour arrival window (which had not been explained). The three women who came were very nice. I had difficulty communicating my expectations with the workers so that they could understand. I had specifically requested that they wet mop the wood floors when I made my appointment. I even called the day before to confirm that they could do that and would bring a mop and wood floor cleaner and was assured that they would be ready (I had also asked this last summer for a one-time cleaning, but they didn't have the right tools). Once again, no mop or bucket or wood floor cleaner. The workers could not understand my request and eventually the office called and apologized for the confusion. She told me to make sure to remind them beforehand! The rest of the house was clean and the fridge was spotless, with the exception of the wood floors and they forgot the light fixtures. It took about two hours to clean a 2bd house.

Description of Work
General spring cleaning. I also requested that they clean interior of fridge, wipe down ceiling fans and light fixtures, and wet mop wood floors. I did not request windows.

05/02/2006

WILLIAM N.

They showed up on time, and did an okay job. I thought they were very overpriced, but I was in a bind, and they could do the work.

Description of Work
This company cleaned our house. Basic cleaning. Floors, dusting, kitchen, and bathroom. We have a very small house.

02/17/2006

JOHN S.

They did a great job.

Description of Work
General house cleaning.

10/26/2005

CHARLES K.

DID NOT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE WORK. THEY DIDNT CLEAN MARKS OFF THE WALLS. THEY SPENT TO MUCH TIME TALKING INSTEAD OF WORKING.

Description of Work
THEY DID THE WINDOWS, ACCEPTABLE IN THE BATHROOMS AND KITCHEN, ON THE WOODWORK THEY DID OK. BASEBOARDS AND TOPS OF DOOR FRAMES.

10/24/2005

MARY G.

INCREDIBLE. A TEAM OF 3 WORKED FOR HOURS, AND LEFT THE HOUSE SPARKLING. I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT THEYLL BE INVITED BACK, AND WILL DO THE SAME GREAT JOB. THEY WERE VERY PUNCTUAL, GAVE ME A QUOTE OVER THE PHONE ACCORDING TO MY DESCRIPTION OF THE HOUSE, AND THEIR ESTIMATE WAS NEARLY EXACT FOR TIME NEEDED. I FELT THAT THEIR WORK WAS EXCELLENT. ANOTHER NATIONAL COMPANY HAD GIVEN ME AN ESTIMATE FOR HOURS LONGER, AND 3 TIMES AS MUCH MONEY. THIS WAS DEFINITELY AN EXCELLENT VALUE.

Description of Work
DEEP CLEANING OF MY WHOLE HOUSE. 5 BEDROOMS, 2 BATHROOMS, KITCHEN, LIVING ROOM, FAMILY ROOM, AND SUN ROOM, INCLUDING WASHING THE WALLS. CLEANING THE GREASY GRIME OFF THE TOPS OF ALL THE CABINETS, OILING THE WOODWORK IN THE KITCHEN, AND WASHING SOME WINDOWS.

09/24/2005

CARLOS C.

THIS COMPANY REALLY KNOWS HOW TO SATISFY ITS CUSTOMERS. THEY CAME OUT ON A SHORT NOTICE AND DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB VERY QUICKLY. I WILL USE THIS COMPANY FOR ALL OF MY HOUSE CLEANING NEEDS.

Description of Work
A PERFECT SHINE CLEANING COMPANY CAME OUT AND CLEANED MY TWO STORY HOME ON A SHORT NOTICE.

08/31/2005

JAMES B.

I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE OVERALL PROFESSIONALISM THAT THIS COMPANY DISPLAYED. THEY CAME IN AND CLEANED BOTH THE UPSTAIRS AND DOWNSTAIRS. THEY ARE VERY GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO.

Description of Work
WE NEEDED OUR HOUSE CLEANED FOR A HUGE PARTY THAT WAS PLANNED. THEY CAME OUT AND CLEANED MY HOME.

08/18/2005

CAROL L.

THEY WERE ORGANIZED, POLITE AND DID A GOOD JOB. I WILL PROBABLY HIRE THEM REGULARLY.

Description of Work
GENERAL CLEANING: VACUUM, DUST, KITCHEN AND BATHROOM.