Erick Allen Designs and Remodeling

Founded 1991 • With Angi since August 2007

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Electrical and lighting installations. Ring and Nest doorbell, camera and flood light installations, Flat panel installations. Electrical troubleshooting, etc. Home improvements and repairs including plumbing.

We accept remote payment

Whether you plan to remodel your kitchen, revitalize your media center or update your bathroom, the right contractor is essential in helping you realize your ideal space. Erick Allen Designs and Remodeling is proud to serve our clients with honesty, integrity and the insight to get the job done right! Erick Allen Designs and Remodeling is committed to you. We will help you turn a house into your dream home. Imagine the possibilities. Now turn them into reality!...

Carroll Building Solutions

Our company invites you to experience prompt service and superior attention to detail. With over 12 years of experience our customer satisfaction is our top priority! We will earn your trust for a lifetime. We believe in making all clients repeat clients. You can be assured you're in good with our company working on your home improvement project. If you are looking for a contractor that follows business practices such as promptly returning phone calls, arriving on time for appointments and following through on promises then call our reputable company today.

Renewal by Andersen of San Diego

Renewal by Andersen San Diego, CA is one of the most trusted window replacement and patio door installation companies in the area. Our combination of the best people in the window replacement industry, coupled with a superior window installation process and an exclusive replacement window product sets us apart from the rest of the competition. With over 100 years of experience in the replacement window business, Renewal by Andersen of San Diego, CA is the solution to all of your window and patio door needs.

JRT Roofing and Waterproofing

JRT Roofing & Waterproofing Inc provides complete roofing, waterproofing and gutter services in and around Orange County, CA area. Please reach out to us directly at 714-393-6444 and ask for Brian Young. Or call our main office at (949) 742-2892. You can also find us on the web at jrtroofing.com and @jrt_roofing

08/25/2020

I rarely ever write a review but now I have to take the time. Erick Allen is an exceptional human being and it showed consistently as we worked with him. He returned phone calls and texts in a timely manner, always showed up when he said he would and let us know if there were any time changes. Erick explained everything from design, new ideas, materials, estimates and helped us learn the directions to use the Ring system with patience of a saint. And without exaggeration on my part, Erick completed the last 5% of the job making sure that we were happy. His work met all of our expectations and more. Erick came inside our home to work and was always very considerate of Covid rules. At the end of the day, he made sure that the house, inside and outside, was as clean as possible. Working with Erick is stressless. He is so competent in so many areas.

Description of Work
Ring Doorbell System and Weather Stripping Installations.

Category electrician,remodeling,home security systems,doors

08/25/2020

It was done quickly and professionally. Very satisfied with outcome. They look great! Thanks!

Description of Work
Ring doorbell and Ring Camera Installations

08/24/2020

We where having a problem with our shower steamer and Erick came out and was able to figure out the problem when no one else could. Turned out we had a bad circuit breaker. He replaced the breaker for us. Next time we have a problem we are calling Erick first!

Description of Work
Electrical trouble shooting. Breaker replacement.

08/24/2020

Erick and his team installed new recessed lighting and ceiling fans for us in our bedrooms and family room, a new chandelier in the dining room. Erick is very knowledgeable, punctual, professional and friendly. He and his team did very neat and prompt work. We are so happy and look forward to working with him again.

Description of Work
ceiling fans, recessed lighting, and chandalier installtions

08/20/2020

Love it! Erick installed recessed lighting in our home with smart home controls and programmed our Alexa for us. He and his team are super professional and great to work with. Love our new home automation.

Description of Work
Recessed lighting, Lutron Casita smart switches, programing

Category electrician,interior designers,remodeling,home remodeling

09/16/2017

The work was done quickly and exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel with new countertops, appliances, recessed lighting, and under cabinet lighting.

Category countertops,lighting,home remodeling

02/14/2016

in fWe first contacted Erick because we planned to revamp our condo top to bottom. When we met we went through the extensive list of what we wanted and talked through all the options. This was a great and very informative process. The first thing we wanted to do was get central heat and air installed and I asked if that was something his team would do. He said that it wasn't, but asked if I had any quotes yet. I told him what I had been quoted and he referred me to another HVAC guy who did the exact same job for just over 1/3 of the previous quote. He hadn't even done anything for us yet and he saved us almost $13,000. As we were forming a timeline, I got in touch with a realtor to get an estimate of the value of the condo as it is and get an idea of potential re-sale. After getting that information, we realized 2 things: 1) the changes required to make this condo work for us weren't really worth the investment, and 2) given that my mother is 74, we should move into a single story home before it become a problem. I was really worried that I would screw up Erick's whole schedule and he wouldn't want to work with us on a new place because we changed our whole plan right before we were supposed to start. Instead, he was incredibly supportive. He has helped with numerous small things, either himself or through his contacts, as we start the process of finishing the work needed on this place to get it ready to sell and in finding our new place. What I really hope for now is that we find a complete fixer-upper so that Erick can work his magic and turn it into our personalized little gem. On top of all of this, he is just a fantastic guy to work. My dog and my cat agree on virtually nothing and don't like each other at all, but both of them love Erick. And if you have pets, you know how important this can be. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Description of Work
Re-design and upgrade our condo.

Category interior designers,home remodeling

10/25/2015

After working with Erick Allen on my downstairs remodel for four months, he has been elevated to a place of highest honor at my house. My home is thirty years old and everything downstairs, except for the paint and carpet, were ?original?. I had no experience in major remodeling projects and felt overwhelmed by the prospect of tearing out the kitchen, bathroom, fireplace, flooring, fluorescent lighting etc. and then creating something new and beautiful, as well as functional and practical. After interviewing many people, I made the wise decision to hire Erick Allen as my design consultant. (I found Erick on Angie?s list.) Erick Allen is a delight to work with and a consummate professional. I hired Erik to tap into his ?design genius?, but he is also a licensed expert in construction and was able to give me excellent and specific suggestions for everything from door framing to soffits. Erick is thorough and precise. He gave me the most specific proposal of the many I received. Every detail of Erick?s bid was clearly spelled out, and the total cost for his services was listed, along with a specific payment plan. There were no ?hidden costs? or strained relationships at the end of the job. That same attention to detail went into Erick?s design recommendations and helping me to pick out items that really worked for my taste and home. My home is very ?eclectic?, so I really appreciated that Erick gave many suggestions for making the house design flow from room to room. He helped me to pick out a ?real wood look? porcelain tile floor that tied all the different kinds of wood in my home together. I also love the practicality of having porcelain tile floors now, instead of real wood, especially in my kitchen. As I look around my kitchen, I also have Erick to thank for my great pendant lights (He helped me to pick them out literally in under three minutes.), our Sharp Microwave Oven Drawer (I had never heard about this microwave before Erick told me about it. But, it?s wonderful and allowed us to have a lot more countertop space.), our ?smart touch? faucet (When your hands are covered with raw chicken juice, just tap the faucet on/off with your arm?It?s fantastic!), our beautiful granite (I dreaded picking out granite. Not to worry? Erick made selecting it fun and fast!), our gorgeous cabinets etc. All the credit goes to Erick for his giftedness and guidance in helping us to quickly and easily make the right decisions for our home. If you?re like most people, picking out paint colors is quite a challenge. One reason I picked Erick Allen is because he is a color specialist. Eric gave me his color recommendations, and I ended up going with them after trying different paint samples on the walls. Mr Kim, the owner of the paint company I used, said to me after the house was finished, ?Eighty percent of the houses I paint? the owners pick bad colors, ten percent pick good colors, and ten percent pick beautiful colors. Your house has beautiful paint colors.? I couldn?t take any credit for the colors. I told Mr. Kim that my designer, Erick Allen, had made all the paint selections. When one works with a decorator, sometimes the newly remodeled parts of the house look great, but the old furniture, pictures etc. look even worse. One feels like they need to redo everything-NOW! Erick was very careful to pick fixtures, mouldings, and paint colors that would compliment our old items, as well. We still have things we want to change, but they already look better since the remodel; and now we can live with them comfortably until we are ready for ?Remodel-Phase 2?. Erick also gave me suggestions on small things I could do to help improve the look of my rooms, such as raise the pictures on the wall six inches, rub brown shoe polish on the frame of the hanging clock to ?tone down the gold color?, elevate the skirted-sofa with a hockey puck under each leg, remove a side table etc. Each suggestion was either free or very inexpensive, and made a positive difference in the appearance of the room. I could share many more ways that Erick Allen impacted our remodel. He sets the standard for excellence in what he does. Our family is deeply grateful for the knowledge, professionalism, and wonderful character Erick Allen brought to our project. Erick took our original ideas to a new level. We couldn?t have accomplished what we did without him. Thank you, Erick!

Description of Work
Services Performed Collaborative interior design services between Erick Allen & client, which included: Kitchen cabinet layout, style, color, materials, and hardware selections Countertop granite/backsplash selection Lighting/flooring selections Windows/doors moulding selections Room color design for downstairs Design/oversee fireplace construction Design for completely remodeled guest bathroom Selection of fixtures/kitchen appliances

Category appliance repair,ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,interior designers,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,fireplaces,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters

09/08/2015

When we bought our new house, it had a severely undersized 4-burner cookt op for the size of the island in the kitchen. I bought a new Wolf cook top with griddle, which required that the granite island and the associated cabinet space be modified. Mr. Allen's crew were there on time and incredibly clean. (I can only imagine the dust generated by cutting out the granite for the larger space for the cook top and/or cutting the old cabinets, but there was not a speck of dust when I got home that night.) He then arranged for a "color match" specialist to ensure that the new wood pieces used to repair the cabinets accurately matched the existing. Not the cheapest contractor out there, but the work was top flight.

Description of Work
Minor/partial remodel of kitchen to replace old cooktop.

Category custom cabinets,remodeling,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling,cabinet refacing

03/30/2015

Everything went very well. His payment plan was a pay as you go, so as work was completed, the payment was due. I didn't have to worry about paying 1/2 up front, then the contractro never shownig. Erick has a good eye for design and detail so i had the confidence to defer to his design decisions. Everything turned out beautifully. He transformed my dated turn of the century house into a showpiece. All of his work is custom and he uses only the best quality products. I am extremely pleased. His design will still look good 20 years from now.

Description of Work
Remodeled Kitchen including opening up the space by removing walls. Remodeled bathroom off of kitchen. Created a laundry room within the kitcken. Added canned lights and crown moulding to the livingroom, replaced front door, and painted everything.

Category home remodeling

Interior design and color design as well as kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, media centers, custom built-ins, coffered ceilings, finish carpentry, crown moulding, baseboard and casing, wainscott paneling, fine cabinetry, stair systems, hardwood flooring, tile flooring, carpet, granite, doors interior and exterior, windows milgard, electrical, recessed lighting, chandeliers, switch and outlet installation, exterior lighting, Ring Doorbell and Camera Systems, Nest Doorbelll, Nest Thermostate and Nest Camera Systems, drywall, plumbing and handyman services.

n/a