C & A Builders

Founded 1991 • With Angi since June 2010

C & A Builders has been pleasing our clients on the SF Peninsula since 1991. We offer all levels of renovations on residential and commercial properties....

Building 101

Owner operated with over 20 years of experience. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Summit Deck Doctor

This is Rupert and my team at Summit Deck Doctor. We offer Deck Finishing, Deck Repairs and Deck Build within 25 miles of Los Gatos. We know you have a choice and hope you will choose us! There are three things that make us different from other contractors: LOOKS BETTER, LASTS LONGER, JOB DONE. Here’s why: 1) LOOKS BETTER. a. We avoid lap marks where two layers overlap. Not every contractor understand the import of maintaining a wet edge to avoid these dark marks on your deck. B) we stain the edges of the boards so you don’t get “zebra stripes” – very visible and distracting drips down the sides of the boards (other contractors charge extra to fix this), c) we use lots of drop cloths to avoid spills (so no more careless mess below the deck). 2) LASTS LONGER. a). We use reliable durable stains, not the cheapest ones (unlike other contractors), b) we use hybrid stains, not environmentally-unfriendly and smelly oil stains which have very poor durability. c) we apply stains in the shade or the cool of the evening to allow stain to sink in and so they last twice as long (unlike contractors who don’t seem to read the instructions on the can which say “don’t apply in sunshine”). 3). JOB DONE. a). I will be coming to give you the quote and I am the owner (unlike other contractors who send a sales guy who might make promises the company can’t keep). b) I will write up the quote then and there (no waiting a week for a contractor to type it up), c) I will be calling you every night during the work to make sure you are happy. IN SUMMARY: We put special care into refinishing your deck and handrails so they look stunning, in giving you twice the durability of other contractors, and in getting the job done efficiently. We believe we halve the cost of refinishing your deck because we apply stains in a way that doubles the durability of your deck finish which means you have it done once not twice, saving you money. WANT TO KNOW MORE? Download our 90 page book "Deckology; The Art & Science of Deck Finishing and Carpentry" which explains the refinishing and carpentry process. (Look for deckology33.pdf). WE WON’T LET YOU DOWN. We have worked on over 1000 decks, have been in business for 12 years, are accredited at A+ with the Better Business Bureau, are a Super Service Award Winner at AngiesList.com with over 50 reviews, have a 5 star rating on Yelp with over 38 reviews, and are certified by the EPA for removal of toxic finishes. We are licensed, bonded and carry workers compensation insurance for your protection. We offer Fixed Prices, which include all labor and material expenses; this gives you peace of mind with no hidden costs. Our payment schedules are all milestone-based, which means you pay only when a milestone in work is achieved, providing you with reduced risk and more peace of mind. Contracts are proper written contracts; nice and clear, and professional; how it should be. Unlike other contractors we work on your job continuously - no "dragging it out;” most jobs can be completed in 4 days' continuous work. We leave you a partial can of stain once we have finished so you know what stain we used, when it comes time to refinish the deck in the future. BEFORE YOU CALL. If you really don’t know what these things cost, then it would be helpful if you can estimate the size of your deck by pacing it out – so we can give you a ballpark estimate when you call PLEASE NOTE: Don't forget to read our reviews in both "Deck Maintenance" and "Decks and Porches" categories.

Gruber Painting

When you are looking for the best professional painter for your home or commercial projects, Gruber Painting is your quality contractor of choice. With over 10 years experience, our painting craftsmanship shows in our quality work. From small painting projects to full interior and exterior painting, Gruber Painting brings your "dream" home or office to reality for you. Call Gruber Painting for your free estimate today.

Offers by Gruber Painting on Angi

03/12/2014

Susan P.

They were really good. They do good quality work. They weren't necessarily the cheapest but I was confident in them as having the best and is the most qualified. They did a great job.

Description of Work
C & A Builders did some repair work in my house. They did termite repair too and installed some skylights for me. They replaced some old, very funky external skylights that were done by the home owner some 30 years ago.

Category pest control,skylights

11/08/2012

Amourence L.

Overall, Chris was very professional, responsive and his crew does excellent work - very thorough, meticulous and clean. His guys were always on time, trustworthy and played good music. I felt the job was well managed, and required little involvement from my side. However cost-wise, C & A Builders is no bargain - it's on the very high end of the market at $75/man hour. Doesn't matter who is on the job or what they are doing - demo, material runs, or actual skilled work it's all the same price. As you'd expect for a time and materials contract there was no fire under the a**. It was a slow and steady pace, which ultimately did end up on time and on budget (but a very generous and padded budget in my opinion.) Though I can appreciate that he takes care of his guys offering benefits and vacations - so it's not all lining his pockets. In the end, I was grateful that he took on the project, which a few other contractors wouldn't even touch - because it was such a mess to clean up the shoddy work of Mark Williams - MO/JAS Construction. But there were a couple times that I felt this was rubbed in my face and I was supposed to cow down and grovel in appreciation for taking on this "small" (and messy) project when we were paying out the nose for them. In the case with C & A Builders you do get what you pay for and I would highly recommend them if you want a job done right (the first time).

Description of Work
We hired Chris and his crew to correct negligent work by previous contractor - under the floor framing, install i-beam and three cripple walls.

Category home builders

12/11/2011

Susan M.

I gathered three estimates. C&A came in quickly and it was very clear to what the charges would be. Also, the timeline was between five and six weeks. As it turns out, they were finished in five weeks. Also, they were extremely helpful keeping me wihtin budget and helping me shop for appliances, fixtures, carpet etc. All said and done, the end result exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Total remodel of condo. Kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, painting, inside doors, closet doors, fixtures.

Category closet systems,remodeling,home builders,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

C & A Builders

Founded 1991 • With Angi since June 2010

299 Old County Rd #19

San Carlos, CA 94070

New residential construction, additions, remodeling kitchens and baths & repairs.