AT&S - Artistic Tile & Stone

Founded 1982 • With Angi since February 2011

830 Bransten Rd Ste B

San Carlos, CA 94070

Additional contact name - Cynthia Campanile.

07/26/2016

Marsha C.

Very good and helpful. When I went into the store, I wasn't satisfied with the selection and samples of their work. The salesperson was nice and very professional.

Description of Work
Tile

06/11/2015

Yvonne R.

Description of Work
I bought beautiful tile from Artistic Tile. Cynthia, the owner, has an amazing eye for tile and laid out my entire bathroom. They don't sell junk, so this is not a bargain basement type place. But for quality tile and amazing service, this place is the best.

02/04/2015

Deborah V.

Description of Work
I went to the warehouse and selected our quartzite for our kitchen countertops. They then installed the countertops in our home. Everything went well. They also provided all the names for the subcontractors, the plumber and tile guys too. We love our kitchen.

09/17/2014

Fred M.

07/08/2014

Kurt P.

Description of Work
Never returned my inquiry.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor

What Inquiry?

06/04/2014

jackie S.

I didn't make a purchase. It is unfortunate that the distributor and the shop owner got into a disagreement and the tile is no longer available. I did not go back to look at other options since we had done that initially and the only one I liked is not available. I since have found another tile through another source.

Description of Work
They understood perfectly what I was looking for and found the right tile for me that matched my criteria.

12/20/2013

Jeff F.

They had unique tiles and we liked the tiles.

Description of Work
I have used AT&S - Artistic Tile & Stone for my bathroom tiles.

11/16/2013

Lynne P.

It's always a pleasure to wander the ATS showroom and let your imagination go wild. But where the rubber meets the road is when you've chosen a piece and you need help with the coordinating, color matching, layout and order. Here ATS exceeds expectation. I had chosen a Procelanosa 12 x 35 field tile for the shower and counter top (yes, I know no one tiles counters anymore, but I happen to like it in my 1907 house) and needed finish pieces. I had gone to at least four other tile stores trying to solve this problem (while getting sideways looks when I said and quot;tile counter topand quot;). ATS was nonplussed by my design decision and instead of trying to talk me out of it, SOLVED my needs. Now that the tile is installed, I love the design and colors even more Positives: ATS has a great choice of product and the staff clearly knows their stuff from materials and design to pricing and ordering. Even the guys in the warehouse are professional. Negatives: This can be a busy shop. Even with an appointment, be prepared to wait. Grab a cup of coffee (they have a free coffee station) and bring your design book. Warning: Be careful wandering around the showroom. There are SO MANY fantastic tile products to feed your imagination you may plan another project before leaving with your current one done. It happens.

Description of Work
Confirmed my tile layout and helped me make adjustments Solved my tile finishing pieces, great match on color Helped me estimate my order since my contractor was unavailable to verify amounts Matched competitor's price on one of the pieces I chose Ordered tile on time Tile arrived in their warehouse AHEAD of schedule

Category ceramic tile, floor cleaning

08/12/2013

Margaret C.

We were shopping for ceramic floor tiles for the entry, kitchen and bathroom of our 40 year-old townhouse. The showroom has an extensive collection of styles at varying price ranges. The staff at ATand S were extremely helpful in showing us tiles in our desired color and price range. They also special-ordered samples so that we could try them out in the house. Their pricing was competitive with other sources, but ultimately we chose another supplier with a lower price who had been recommended by our chosen tile installer.

Description of Work
Assisted in selecting floor tiles. Provided samples and pricing for tiles.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

01/02/2012

Michael K.

Please note that the $16,000 price tag was not just spent on the two bathrooms we remodeled but it also included a substantial order for electric heat mats for the entire area of our house (approximately 2,000 square feet).

Description of Work
Artistic Tile & Stone has an impressive selection of tiles. The showroom isn't as overwhelming as some others that we visited but large enough to give the tile shopper many interesting options to work with. We never had an appointment but always received prompt attention from Cynthia and others, mainly on Saturdays. Cynthia Campanile was our main contact at Artistic Tile & Stone during several hour-long visits to the store. We had initially begun the planning stage for our project with an interior designer with whom we had visited a tile store in Burlingame. Due to taste differences, we decided to proceed with the project without a designer and to pick the right tile combinations ourselves. The scope of the project included a two bathroom remodel and the replacement of all carpets in the house with ceramic tiles and heated floors. Cynthia and her team added a lot of value throughout the process and I can honestly say that we couldn't have completed the project the way we did without her input/advice. Cynthia is a great listener and tried to find what best matched our vague notions of style without pushing any specific products herself. We received valuable advice on how to coordinate and match patterns, textures, colors and styles. We were given the option to take home tiles to experience the products in the changing light conditions of our home. The many iterations from initial estimate to final quote were never met with any impatience and took about 1 1/2 months. Cynthia was fair and courteous during our negotiation phase and was always responsive with any follow-up requests that we had (and there were many).

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

11/17/2011

Sharon S.

See above

Description of Work
We were completely ignored when we first entered the store and starting looking around. There were three employees. One was with a customer, the other two were preoccupied with paperwork. After looking around for several minutes, we asked one employee if we could ask a question. He motioned in the direction of the employee who was with a customer. As we walked toward her, she indicated she would be with us when she was finished helping her current customer. The third employee who was sitting behind a desk looking at his computer did not show any interest at all so we just kept walking out the door.

Category ceramic tile

This is a great concern to us because we try and help every customer who comes in. We have a reception desk, and a sign in sheet, but many times customers just walk past the sign, especially if our receptionist is away from her desk. Because Tile and Stone is a very specialized field we simply do not have a lot of personnel who are qualified to answer the many questions our customers have. It is especially difficult to stop working with an existing client to answer questions about a product somewhere else in the showroom. I am sure whoever pointed to the person at the desk with another customer was either another customer or some other person who would not be able to provide any information. There is also the possibility that the person working at the other desk was either in the middle of placing an order, or even possibly a support person, not related to sales. We try and encourage clients to make an appointment so that incidents like this are avoided. If there is anything I can do personally to help you, please call and ask for me. We are open later than any other tile stores and I am willing to open at ANY time to fit your schedule. Sincerely Cynthia Campanile Owner, Artistic Tile and Stone

09/15/2011

Andre T.

Cynthia at Artistic Tile and Stone was great. She clearly has been in the tile business a long time and knows all about the different tiles and styles available now and in the past. I showed her my tile pictures and she instantly seemed to know what they were. They are older tiles (about 10 years old) and not available any longer. But she was able to right away identify exactly what kind of tile it is, when and where it was made. Amazingly, she had access to some of these tiles and she went ahead and got a couple pieces for me which are a perfect match. Cynthia is great and the customer service at Tile and Stone is top notch. That is where I will go from now on for all my tile projects.

Description of Work
I have been looking for a long time for a single replacement 16" x 16" travertine tile for a damaged tile in my home. I had been to several other tile shops looking for a match. The tiles in question no longer seem to be available anywhere. All of the tile shops I had been to were staffed by tile "experts" that really weren't experts at all. They were younger folks who really couldn't figure out what the tile was or where I could get it. But most of all they were not very interested in helping me out because it is a small job and just takes up their time. I stopped by Artistic Tile & Stone to continue my search for the replacement tile.

04/25/2011

LYNORE B.

The guy that helped me, Dave, was very good at educating me about tile and the variety of tile that comes in a box. He was honest about what you can return. He was receptive to listening to my story when I brought in a box that had broken tiles, and he sent them back to the manufacturer. I really recommend him. There were some problems, but he isn’t totally in charge of every single tile. We developed a good working relationship with each other.

Description of Work
I bought a bunch of slate tile for a fireplace from Artistic Tile.

05/27/2005

DEBORAH B.

THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS HORRIBLE. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ARTISTIC TILE IS COMPLETELY MISSING FROM THEIR BUSINESS. I CALLED SEVERAL TIMES TO CHECK ON MY ORDER, SINCE IT WAS 4 WEEKS DELAYED, AND NEVER RECEIVED A CALL BACK. I ENDED UP HAVING TO GO IN PERSON TO GET SOMEONE TO HELP ME. I WAS ALSO TOLD ONE PRICE AT THE TIME OF ORDERING, AND WHEN THE TILE ARRIVED I WAS GIVEN A HIGHER PRICE.

Description of Work
WE ORDERED SEVERAL STYLES OF TILES FOR OUR KITCHEN REMODEL. THE TILE WAS TO BE USED FOR THE BACK SPLASH.

Category ceramic tile

The member told us that she worked part time for one of our competitors, but the product she wanted from us was an exclusive to our store. When she was working with one of our associates, she pointed to several items in our catalog. We ordered the item she had circled. It was custom made, which was why it was 4 weeks out. When it arrived, she told us it was not the item she wanted, so we ordered a second item which was more expensive. We did not change the price at all, it was a different item.

Abella Tile Stone

Here at Abella Tile Stone, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. We are experts in the high end installation of tile and stone for full bathroom remodels, shower pans,etc. We are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. At this time we do not do repairs, regrouts, sealing or polishing. Contact us today for tile and stone installation needs. We look forward to earning your business.

2022 Super Service Award

Acosta Construction

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

Camero's Handyman

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in handyman services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal

Custom hand painted murals, stone slabs & matching tiles, mosaics and porcelain tile.

n/a