DMM Construction & Electric

Founded 2002 • With Angi since April 2011

45 Scott St

San Bruno, CA 94066

Provides personalized construction & electrical services.

12/20/2012

Alexander J.

We bought a small but rundown house in South San Francisco in a nice neighborhood. We knew it needed a lot of work so we had several contractors bid on the work. Most other bids came back higher than we thought, and that was with 'builder's grade' materials etc. Darwin's was already lower, but then he suggested that we could perform certain tasks to keep the costs down. So I hired him for the electrical and framing work first. I had him first make the electrical safe so we could demo. After I did all the demo work (cleared all the drywall and old knob and tube wiring out) Darwin then started in with some dryrot repairs and framing for removing the wall between the kitchen and living room. He also removed and reframed the openings for 5 windows, 2 of wich were going to be smaller than the old ones. He also started the full house rewire, with new subpanel/ breaker box, and doing it all up to modern code. Passed all the inspections. Then while I was insulating, Darwin was installing the new windows and prepping the electrical for the drywall.(drywall by another company). After drywall and windows were finished, Darwin then finished off the electrical outlets and installed switches and light fixtures. Including 16 recessed lights in kitchen(LED) and living room. (boxes installed pre-drywall). He had also run some speaker wire for me pre-drywall. I did most of the finish work myself, tile, toilets, vanity, sinks, floors, base boards, doors etc.. Then Darwin returned to help me install the new kitchen cabinets. He was very precise making sure everything was level and square. He even left me his old air compressor and nail gun so I could finish off the trim work with it and returned them to him when I was done. He was great at being up front when things were difficult or had better ideas than what we thought was ok. Everything was done with permits and up to and exceeded code standards. He even came back and fixed a wire I had punctured when I put in a bracket for the countertop. I feel safe in our new home thanks to Darwin and all his attention to detail. I would recommend him for sure!

Description of Work
Remodel of a 50's ranch home in south san francisco. We hired Darwin of DMM to redo the whole house electrical, reframe some walls, remove a load bearing wall and add a recessed beam. Install new windows and do some dryrot repairs. Also helped with new kitchen install.

Category contractors, electrician, picture framing, remodeling, home remodeling

12/20/2012

Alexander J.

So we had Darwin of DMM do most of our remodel, including a whole house electrical rewire a few months ago. We had completed the rest of the remodel and only needed one more item addressed to get our permit finished off. The sliding glass doors to the backyard had only one cement step down, but code required a 36" platform before the steps. So we had Darwin come back and build a 36"x60" landing off the doors to appease the inspector and close our whole house remodel. He came in the morning, did all the work, clean up etc and the deck was done before I got home :) it passed inspection and we're done!! The price included all materials (treated wood). He also gave me a price for composite decking if we wanted. We chose the wood because we could stain it to match the rest of the wood on the house.

Description of Work
We needed a small deck off our sliding door to the backyard to complete our permit.

Category decks, remodeling, doors

04/14/2011

Alexander J.

My experience with DMM Company has been great so far. Darwin, the owner is very upfront and honest with the difficulty and cost of the work. He is very accommodating. I would use them in the future if needed.

Description of Work
DMM Company is doing some electrical and some wall framing work for me. The work is still ongoing. I last spoke with Darwin, the owner of the company just today.

Category contractors, electrician

Castanon Contractors

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in remodeling services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Cuevas Lumber & Fence

We are here to meet all your building needs, whether you need fencing, decking, arbors, trellises, walls, gates or other outdoor construction. We have over 30 years of combined experience and will work with you on all phases of design and construction. To beautify your home, contact us now. Our experienced team can get started right away. We will design and build your dream.

Dalcon Electric

We are an Electrical Contracting Company providing top quality electrical services to South Bay, East Bay, and the Peninsula! Dave Lee, the owner of Dalcon Electric, started doing electrical work in the San Jose area over 30 years ago. Then, in 1993, he started Dalcon Electric in San Jose. With over 30 years of experience in both residential and commercial work, we take pride in our expertise and professionalism. We always give you a fair price and can often recommend ways to save you money on your electrical job. We are family owned and operated company! We are also licensed, bonded, and insured! Give us a call today! You’ll be in good hands! Ask about our Angie's List coupon and senior discounts. Award winning. Certified Copalum Installers.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Electrical work including electrical panel upgrades, wiring, troubleshooting, additional light fixtures, additional receptacles, landscape & outdoor lighting, energy saving retrofit projects, solar panel installation, & low voltage lighting, & construction including home additions, custom homes, deck & fences, & tenant improvements, planning, cost estimate, permit procurement, management, & construction & building.