D Roberts Construction

2185 W College Ave # 3129

San Bernardino, CA 92407

05/29/2014

Andy M.

The listing said that the service had no expiration date. The provider, though, said that they are no longer accepting this deal. The deal said it was for $20/hour plumbing services. I was looking forward to having them come and spend a number of hours on a number of plumbing items. I think I was only charged for the first hour of $20?

Category plumbing

10/21/2013

Barbara N.

I paid Derek $3100 up front to install a new roof on my home. He bought $180 worth of materials, first week or so I was told to leave my driveway clear. Nobody ever showed up, his wife would still clean my house. Weeks and weeks passed and I never heard from Derek. One month later he showed up with $180 worth of equipment and left it in my garage. He then said that Home Depot only had 2 packs of shingles to purchase. So then he said that he had to buy shingles from Indiana! I couldn't find any information about this company at all even with speaking to other major roofing compaines in Indiana. I still haven't heard from him for months. I contacted the license and bonding agency to just get my money back. The bond company started contacting Derek to do the work. Derek consistently lied to the bonding company about being willing to do the work. I sent him and the bonding company certified letter for an official response and verification of communication. Derek started to try and work on my neighbors house. Derek was then talking bad about me to my neighbor, I've been friends with my neighbor for 30 years. I sent another registered letter to Derek and the bonding agency for a time and date to arrange a meeting, still again no response from Derek. I sent another registered letter to Derek and the bonding agency one more time in August and he never showed up. The bonding agency had sent me a $3100 check after almost a year of going back and forth with Derek since he never did the work. Derek tried to contact me at my work after the bonding agency had paid me, he wanted to pick up his $180 worth of supplies!

Description of Work
I had them install a roof.

09/26/2013

don B.

they had completed the porch and carport and had started on the garage, when the county code enforcement came out and shut the job down as NO building permit had been obtained . te county requested drawings be drawn up, which i did. the contractersubmitted the plans to the county, which then requested the contracter meet with a structural engineer at the jobsite, which they did and talked for about 2 hours, when i had to leave. the contracter has never returned and will not return my telephone calls. i am still trying to obtain a building permit to get the job done.to this date i have paid the contracter $20,000, so with the job about 1/2 completed i figure ho owes me around $8,000 at this time. as soon as i have time i plan to report him to the contracters license board. thank you, don bennett

Description of Work
d roberts agreed to build a covered front porch, carport, and garage for $24,000. i specifically requested that THEY they obtain the building permit,as i did not want to deal with the county, from prior experience.

Category garage builders,woodworking

R&f

R&f

N/A

Choice

Top Dog plastering

Our specialty is repairing stucco and making sure it is water-tight. We take the time to color and texture match to the existing. We do a lot of stucco repairs ranging from plumbing, windows, doors, and texture correction. We repair stucco cracks and texture walls as needed. We keep the job clean by covering with tarps, plastic, where needed and take the trash with us. We are owner-operated business over 15 years experience. We are a owner operated business Over 13 years exspirance

Residential and commercial remodels, additions, windows, plumbing, roofing, septic tanks and sewer clean up, doors, electrical, fencing, solar panels, landscape design & installation, landscape lighting, brick pavers and flagstone, patios & walks, block, natural stone and wood retaining walls, natural ponds & waterfall features.