Baggett Construction Services

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2010

Welcome to Baggett Construction: building high quality residential and commercial properties in Monterey County for over 25 years. Craftsmanship, professionalism, courtesy, quality, and accountability are principles that we live by. We understand the importance of getting the job done right when it comes to your home or business. Max Baggett, the owner, takes pride in his work and has local roots here, as he was raised in the area. Max has devoted his life’s work to continually construct top-notch projects year after year. We know that you can choose from a number of builders in the area, and therefore we truly appreciate every client as we strive to deliver the highest level of craftsmanship and friendly service. Additional contact name - Judy Baggett. Additional DBA - Max Baggett Construction Additional email - max@baggettconstruction.com....

Legacy Painting

Residential and commercial painting, finishes, and applications. Stain, Faux painting, cabinet finish/paint, wood finish, glaze, venetian plaster, epoxy, power washing, fire/waterproof, and any custom applications. Serving the Monterey county and its surroundings.

Four Season Painting

Interior and exterior painting for residential and commercial properties.No job is too big or too small! Quality and Integrity

New Life Painting

Call us today for all your painting needs!

06/24/2018

I have heard great things from the reviews on Angies List as well as the reviews on google. As a result ,I was hoping to get in contact with Max Baggett. After several calls ( I knew contractors were very busy) , he finally gave me a call in the fall of 2017. We set up an appointment to review the plans and talk about what I needed to be done. He showed up on time and was very professional and was...

Description of Work
Contacted Max to construct a 400+ sq ft addition as well as a kitchen remodel.

Category contractors,ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,picture framing,interior designers,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,home builders,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

07/11/2016

So far, he's been wonderful. We're just waiting on the permits for work to begin. He's been very personable. We're looking forward to seeing the end result!

Description of Work
He's building an addition and a patio.

Category remodeling,patios

06/19/2016

Construction Superheroes.. I had Max Baggett and his crew of construction professionals build a workshop and storage building for me last year.. I was so happy with the work that I contacted Max again this year to rebuild my old deck.. Started completely from scratch, removing dirt, grading, pouring footings, building the sub-structure and laying the new composite decking material.. Then the crew ...

Description of Work
Built a 12' x 65' composite material deck on rear of house.. Added two tiers of retaining walls..

Category decks

10/26/2015

Max Baggett is a great guy to work with, friendly and accommodating. He always got back to me in a timely manner when I called and explained clearly what he was going to do so I knew exactly what was going to happen. He's not inexpensive but he tries to keep cost down as much as possible while still giving you good quality work. I expect the workmanship will last many, many years. He and his crew ...

Description of Work
Baggett construction replaced all my floors in the whole house and installed all new doors inside. The bathroom was completely renovated and I had new kitchen counters installed and wall paneling installed on two walls in the kitchen and crown molding installed throughout the house.

Category contractors,carpet installation,ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,interior designers,masonry,plumbing,remodeling,pavers, gravel,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

06/06/2015

The crew from Baggett Construction was on site every day, on time, and always working.. The jobsite was left clean every day and they were respectful of me and my property.. The experience of the foreman (Hector) was invaluable.. He made suggestions that improved the design and functionality of my new workshop.. He treated the project as if it was his own and put a great deal of effort into making...

Description of Work
Max and his crew built a workshop and storage building for me on my property.. This included all phases of site preparation and the actual construction of the new building.. The project turned out better than I could have imagined and everyone who sees my new shop is impressed with the quality and workmanship..

Category decks,remodeling

01/27/2015

too complicated to explain.

Description of Work
investigated, engineered and installed a solution to a chimney problem.

04/01/2014

Max takes the appropriate amount of time (i.e. nothing is rushed) to get the work taken care of correctly on the first try. He cares deeply for the work that his company provides, making sure it is top-notch. He does a good job explaining things in layman's terms and did an excellent job detailing how expenses are tallied (base cost, overhead, labor, profit). I very much appreciated that so there was no feeling of being taken advantage of. A written estimate was provided ahead of time and in our case it proved accurate. The price of a year's subscription to Angie's List was an extremely small price to pay for finding such a wonderful local contractor.

Description of Work
Max Baggett Construction repaired a window leak that several other inspectors, etc. had misdiagnosed (the window had originally been installed incorrectly by the builder). They removed the window and completely reinstalled it. No more leaks! This required redoing the outside stucco as well near the window. The also did some sheetrock work in some areas where settling had occurred. Finally, they also replaced the carpet and trim in a pet stained (urine) room once they finished using chemicals to eliminate odor and sealing just to be safe. The room no longer has an odor. The painting to match existing was excellent and you cannot tell any work was done. I would highly recommend them and will use them again should the need arise.

03/03/2014

We wanted to hire him to fix a leaking window. Max couldn't find the source of the leak and it continues to leak. But something for which he gets an A--he bid a kitchen remodel. the other contractors each speculated about the wall to be demolished being weight bearing or not. Max didn't speculate, he climbed into my attic, and head first down a rabbit hole up there, to see if it was weight bearing. Then, he went back for a second look because he suspected I still had galvanized plumbing. He urged us to update it when the kitchen would be torn up. He gets an A+ for that initiative.

Description of Work
Didn't actually do any work, but not without trying.

08/18/2013

Great. In addition to fine workmanship, Max Baggett Construction is especially good at providing inventive engineering solutions to unusual or dificult problems which I had encountered.

Description of Work
Provided outside access to indoor jacuzzi motor. Diagnosed and engineered a solution to a faulty flue installation for a gas fireplace.

05/18/2013

I requested info on their installation of double wood doors. I was pleased with the way in which the owner gave me an opportunity to get more info before I actually hired him. They are very professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
This provider did not actually do work for me but I wanted to use their service and have been waiting to get more ideas before he is actually hired. The owner was absolutely professional and answered all questions that I needed answering regarding the project that I want to have done.

Category room remodeling","door installer

Additions. Remodeling-general, kitchen & bathroom. additions to existing homes, foundations

Please ask for details.