Water Heaters Only, Inc

Founded 1968 • With Angi since May 2007

5800 Auburn Blvd., Suite 14

Sacramento, CA 95841

Honest Reliable Water Heater Service Since 1968. Licensed. bonded and insured! Specializing in water heater repairs and replacements for over 47 years, including tankless, residential and commercial water heaters....

02/05/2020

SHARON K.

We are very pleased with the quality of the water heater and installation. Would hire them again!

Description of Work
Replaced water heater

Category water heater repair

Thank You very much for your support, always call us if you have any concerns. Paul G 1-800-835-5946

01/17/2019

David K.

All went well. The installer, John A. called ahead of time to announce his arrival time. Upon arrival, he thoroughly explained the installation process and provided a quote. John set about removing the old water heater and prepared the space for bracing per code. Once the new water heater was installed, new parts as required were installed. When the installation was completed, John reviewed the controls. All in all, a professional installation. Without hesitation, I can recommend Water Heaters Only, Inc. and will probably need them again for another property.

Description of Work
New BW 40 tank, basic install

Category water heater repair

We're honored that you would recommend our company to others and would gladly use us again. Thank you so much for your awesome feedback as well as your confidence in Water Heaters Only, Inc.

10/23/2018

Scott R.

Installation was fine. Post-installation service call did not go well. I called to ask for basic information on the permitting process, since I know absolutely nothing about it, and the person on the other end of the phone was defensive for absolutely no reason. I just asked a simple question, I don't understand the hostility. I was polite and simply trying to understand what I need to do. Even if he couldn't tell me, he could have explained so in a more professional manner. I'm disappointed, because I was happy with the service initially.

Description of Work
Installed water heater

Category water heater repair

Oh no, we're so sorry that you had that experience. We would love to speak with you about this as it's our desire to find out who you spoke with. Water Heaters Only, Inc. has been in business for over 50 years and providing the best possible customer service, before, during and after your work has always been our policy. We assure you that your experience was not typical of our company representatives and we will be looking into this matter. Thank you for your valued feedback.

03/02/2018

Linda B.

Our 18-yr-old electric hot water heater suddenly developed a leak on Feb. 28, 2018. When we contacted the company that had sold us our unit, we were told that the earliest they would have any electric heater in stock was in APRIL! This led us to Angie's List and highly rated Water Heaters Only. Not only did they have a replacement of our choice but scheduled the installation the next day, March 1st. Ron B. arrived, punctually, at the appointed time, confirmed that we needed to replace the old unit, picked up the new heater from Vacaville as he didn't have an electric one in his truck, and completed the installation in a manner superior to our previous setup: insulated the water pipes and changed the inferior tie-downs of our old unit. After a review of our new heater's capabilities and answering our questions, Ron left us - totally satisfied customers. The cost was probably a bit more than we would have paid the other company, but we feel the overall experience and workmanship warranted it.

Description of Work
Replace leaking hot water heater

Category water heater repair

Thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc. after first shopping around. We appreciate your business and feedback.

09/25/2017

JENNY W.

This was done on 6/17/14 and had no problems since then.

Description of Work
Found water in the pan and fixed leak and relit pilot.

Category water heater repair

We appreciate your feedback, thank you.

08/31/2017

Ew S.

Was quoted $300-400 total. Said it would be $159 for a tech to come out, then labor additional that would have totaled $300-400. I was able to find another company to do the same exact labor/installation for $89.

Description of Work
Called over the phone asking for an estimate for labor/installation of the thermocoupler/manifold door assembly unit. I purchased the part myself and wasn't comfortable installing it myself.

Category water heater repair

I'm not sure if you have the right company as I cannon find you in our system. Even so, we're fully licensed, bonded and insured and have been in this business for 50 years. We're proud of our dedication to the best possible service and quality products which means that you will actually get an installation that is completely up to code. Sometimes cheapest is not always the best, especially when safety is concerned.

07/13/2017

Demar H.

Requested service by phone and was told approximate arrival time. Installer arrived when predicted. Clear explanation of services and price. Work took slightly longer than predicted, but was done well, and hot water available after workman's departure.

Description of Work
Water heater replacement

Category water heater repair

Your kind feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time and thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc for your water heater service needs.

07/08/2017

Richard S.

I contacted WHO and they set up an appointment for an estimate. They arrived punctually and gave me a good price. We agreed to have the installation take place THAT day. Technician John worked quite a few hours to replace supply and service plumbing for the HWH. HE was VERY thorough and did an excellent job, and brought the installation up to code.

Description of Work
I had a 50 gallon Rheem water heater, connected to a hot water loop in my home that was over 30 years old and needed replaced.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

We appreciate your feedback and business. Thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc.

06/27/2017

Terri D.

From the initial call to the final signature everything was handled efficiently and professionally. and was completed in less than a day. Ron B, our technician, was very thorough, calling to confirm what we needed, letting us know he was on his way, explaining what he would be doing and reviewing what he did. He left the area neat and clean. Now if this unit lasts another 17 years or longer we will be thrilled.

Description of Work
Service/replacement of a 17 year old water heater

Category water heater repair

Wouldn't it be nice if everything lasted as long as it used to? These days with annual maintenance you should average 7-10 years, though. Thank you for the opportunity to service your water heater needs.

06/18/2017

David K.

The technician was professional and courteous. He removed the old 30 gallon natural gas water heater and replaced it with a new 40 gallon natural gas water heater. He completed the job quickly and neatly, and removed the old water heater and all trash. An excellent job.

Description of Work
Replacement of old water heater.

Category water heater repair

Thank you for your feedback. It's always nice to know that our customers recognize our dedication to quality service. Thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc.

06/14/2017

Mark T.

Very professional and did a very complete, neat and clean job.

Description of Work
Arrived within 1 hour of my first phone call for replacing water heater. Replaced 40 gallon tank.

Category water heater repair

We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time and thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc.

04/21/2017

Brian N.

He was punctual, had all the needed materials. He redid all the piping and redid the overflow. bill was what was quoted. Nice work. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Needed my water heater replaced.

Category water heater repair

We're so please that you are happy with our service. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc.

02/20/2017

JOYCE DAVE W.

excellent service and response. Would absolutely use again. A little pricey but prompt response and quality of service was worth it

Description of Work
This work was done 8/16. Called and spoke with office. They asked for current heater model and after discussing availability and price arrived next day with heater. Quick clean install. After tech left I thought I smelled gas after restart. I called and they came out the next morning. Gas on start up had disappeared. Tech did quite a bit of leak checking but all okay. I appreciated the thoroughness and professionalism. To date nothing but good use of heater.

Category water heater repair

We're so happy to have provided you with A rated service. Safety and customer satisfaction are our main concerns, so returning to do a thorough check was just part of our service. Thank you for your confidence in our work to consider giving us the opportunity to service your water heater needs again in the future.

01/24/2017

Jennifer D.

Came out the same morning we called; was on time; provided good explanation and performed work as prescribed in timely manner, and cleaned up afterwards.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater and flush sediment from plumbing

Category water heater repair

I'm so glad that you were pleased with the quality service which we're proud to say have been providing since 1968. Thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc.

01/14/2017

Debbie C.

Excellent! John F was responsible, timely, courteous, thorough and respectful. I'm very happy with the service and the new water heater!

Description of Work
Replace water heater

Category water heater repair

I'm so pleased that you are happy with our company and technician. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc.

01/04/2017

Barbara D.

excellent , left area clear and clear. very professional

Description of Work
replacement of water heater

Category water heater repair

Thank you for your feedback we truly appreciate it and your business.

12/30/2016

Barbara L.

John M from WHO removed my old, not-working-too-well, water heater and replaced it with a new 50-gallon one. Flex lines were replaced as well as correcting the drain line and replacing the earthquake straps. John worked efficiently and I could tell he had done this many, many times and was good at it. If I need another water heater at some future date, I would certainly call WHO for service. I have already recommended them to a couple friends.

Description of Work
Replacement of decades old water heater

Category water heater repair

Thank you, so much, for your confidence in our work to recommend us to others. That means a lot to us even after nearly 50 years in this business. It's so rewarding to know that our customers still enjoy "A" rated service from us. Thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc.

11/10/2016

Michael E.

Excellent service! A person answered their phone right away on Saturday morning and they had a tech out to my house within hours. Ron did a great job: fast, clean, and even had to replumb a few pipes and he did it all in just a few hours.

Description of Work
Hot water heater failed late on Friday night, needed a replacement right away on the weekend.

Category water heater repair

We value your feedback, thank you for taking the time. We noticed that your rating on price was less than an "A" rating. The cost of a water heater has certainly gone up over the past five years, however, many of our customers say that we are often $100.00 less than our competitors. We've worked very hard for the past 48 years to keep our prices as low as possible while providing the best possible service to our customers. Thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc.

06/07/2016

Michael B.

Woke up to a water heater failure in the morning and hit Angie's List looking for options. I found a Angie's Deals offer for $150 for a $300 credit at Water Heaters Only Inc, and I called looking to get some information and an approximate quote. I spoke with Paul who was very nice and extremely helpful. He gave me my options and a quote on the spot. It seemed reasonable so we agreed to have someone out that afternoon. I explained I had my son't baseball game at 5pm and he narrowed the window to 12-2. He gave me a couple options: a new Rheem unit or a new AO Smith unit that was 3-years old but had been stored in the warehouse for about 3 years. I went with the cheaper option, as Paul committed to honoring the 6 year warranty on the unit despite it's age. Asking around and doing some internet research, this was a screaming deal - "A" on price. The $1000 included the $150 for the $300 credit - I paid $850 on site. The installer, Ron, arrived at about 1pm and had called ahead. He explained what he was going to do and we discussed options for the stand. My current stand was just a collection of 4x6 timbers. He offered a "wooden platform" and said the price would increase $49. This was the only issue I had with the professionalism of the service. Later when I checked on the work, the wooden platform was just a 24" square of 3/4" plywood set on top of my existing pile of timbers. I asked about that piece of wood costing $49 and Ron tried to convince me of the markup due to processing and storage - 25% markup might be reasonable, but not 2000%. To his credit, he offered to remove the board and remove the $49 from the bill. Other than that Ron was very friendly, skilled and knowledgeable. The installation went pretty smoothly. The plumbing work was well done though a bit unsightly - it was a different configuration than my last unit. The earthquake straps were not that well done and one of the anchors had to be reinstalled because the piece of 2x4 he used broke apart. These two items and some back and forth about the overpressure plumbing were the reason for the lower score on quality. The heater itself seems to be working quite well, though its less than 24 hours hold. I will likely be doing some work on my own to upgrade the stand and move the earthquake strapping. Considering this was an emergency, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I'll contact them again and recommend to friends.

Description of Work
Provider installed a new 50 gallon AO Smith electric water heater with expansion tank, including some minor plumbing work and earthquake strapping.

Category water heater repair

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc. after first shopping around. We appreciate your business. If you have any questions regarding your new tank please don't hesitate to contact us any time 24/7. Someone will be available to speak with you directly.

04/14/2016

Earlene C.

Service was very professional from the beginning quote to finishing the installation. Ron replaced an old (really old) water heater and supply lines and the required earthquake bracing in an inside closet with very tight space. He was professional, paid attention to all the details and cleaned up so well you'd never have known he was here. His work passed the permit process with flying colors. There was some confusion about the pricing but Water Heaters Only once again was very professional and resolved the issue quickly and graciously.

Description of Work
Installed new water heater

Category water heater repair

I'm so glad to hear that you were pleased with our installer Ron. He's fairly new with our company, and highly trained so it's nice to know that his training is recognized and appreciated by our valued customers. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with our company. We truly appreciate your business.

04/04/2016

Sheryl R.

04/03/2016 I called on Saturday afternoon after noticing my water heater was leaking. Water Heater Only was able to get me an appointment the very next day. They scheduled the time between 1 and 4pm. Bill was very professional and polite. He told me the technician would call 1//2 hour before arrival and David Pullen did call as expected ½ hour before arrival and was prompt and polite. He explained options to me and I chose to replace our water heater with a 50 gallon. He went right to work and continued working diligently until he completed the task, meticulously and efficiently. David was also very polite and professional. When the job was completed he gave us instruction on how to use our new water heater, shut off and on valves for water and gas. Electric starter if necessary. Safety instructions and went over our paper work and warranty. The over all experience was EXCELLENT! My Mom and Dad used this company 15 years ago and she remembered the name and referred us to Water Heaters Only, Inc. I will of course use them again in the future hopefully 15 - 20 years from now and I will certainly refer friends and neighbors. Great job Water Heaters Only, great employees. Thanks again, Sheryl Richardson, Irvine CA 92603

Description of Work
Removed and replaced our water heater

Category water heater repair

Aw.............Thank you for your kind words! We're so pleased to have provided you with "A" rated service! We truly appreciate your confidence in us that you would recommend us to others. I hope that you will thank your parents for their loyalty, to us, for me as well. It's so rewarding to know that we continue our goal to provide the best possible service since 1968. Thank you for choosing Water Heaters Only, Inc.

02/08/2016

Esther H.

Decided not to use this offer.

Description of Work
Nothing. Did not contact provider at all.

Category water heater repair

We're sad that you did not choose to use our Angie's List offer. We would have been happy to clarify any questions you may have had about our service and your specific water heater need. Because we have been in this business for over 48 years we are able to offer extremely competitive pricing and will meet or beat any competitor's written estimate.

01/05/2016

SALLY C.

It was good. It's been awhile. I think it was very good. He did a good job, came on time, cleaned up, yeah. It was a good job. You know that's probably why I haven't rated is because really I don't have that record, I would have to dig it out to see how much it cost. It was fairly short after the purchase that they came out. I think that he did some things that he didn't have to do when the inspector came, that they didn't even check and I thought there were some deals that were less money for you know just a single water heater. He was very pleasant, very nice, very talkative, very helpful, you know he covered all the bases as I say, I think we did a few things that we might not of had to do. Such as cutting up a screen, there was a screen that goes up to the eaves of the house and he said it wouldn't pass I'd have to open up that area but it didn't seem like we had to when the inspector came. The work turned out good in the end, it's good, it does it's job. The quality of the work was good.

Description of Work
They put in a new water heater and he upgraded some new rules that California has for it. I know he put a pan under it and gave us regulations for it.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

We always love to get our customers' feedback, thank you. We truly appreciate your business.

12/09/2015

Amy R M.

I had a previous appointment with a big name store on a Wednesday afternoon and the big name store contractor failed to show up, so at 8pm at night I called these guys hoping someone was there. They were! I explained what I needed, and the guy on the phone was super nice, patient too while I bought the Angie's List deal to use on the appointment we were setting up for Saturday. Saturday the tech was on time, got right to work - made an assessment of the current situation (advised me that I could have taken a shower that morning because it was not leaking that badly) and got right to work. He was done in about 2 hours, cleaned up and hot water working again, no leaks! Prices were actually less than the big name store that didn't show up for their job. This folks didn't try to upsell me any parts or things I didn't need, and just got in and out quickly and efficiently. The tech was super nice, and I would absolutely call them again for future needs (hoping I don't have to though).

Description of Work
Replaced my 18 year old water heater that was leaking with a new one.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us! Giving the lowest prices while also providing professional service is what we are all about here at Water Heaters Only.

10/21/2015

Robyn M.

Needed a repair to a water heater - gentleman I spoke with decided over the phone that my unit was too old to repair and would only come out if I decided to replace it. I had previously had PG&E out to ascertain that the unit was in good working condition and the repair would be minor - clearly TOO minor for this company who is only after a more lucrative return. Not a smart move as when the water heater eventually does need replacing - and it will - Water Heaters Only will not be who I go to for the job.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category water heater repair

We’re truly very upset that you feel that way, as it does not reflect our experience with you. Water Heaters Only, Inc. has been a very reputable company for nearly 50 years. In those many years of servicing and replacing only water heaters, we have perfected our knowledge of all things water heaters. We seen great improvements as well as many more safety features than are on the older tanks. In our experience there comes a point when it's not cost effective to put new part into an old tank, especially if the tank is no longer considered safe. Tanks over time will crack and begin to slowly leak causing the tank to be less energy efficient or worse a hazard. We realize that money is an issue for many people, and we are happy to work with our customers, but more importantly we are not willing to jeopardize our integrity and put our customer at risk temporarily fixing an unsafe tank.

Larry's Plumbing

My Father started Larry's Plumbing in 1976 and serviced the San Francisco Peninsula, he recently passed it on to me. I grew up in the industry and understand every home and customer is different. I like to treat our customers with some old fashion customer service. Since moving to the area and commuting back to the Bay Area we decided to expand our business and add a second location, Sacramento and the surrounding areas. We look forward to working with our new neighbors.

California Air Comfort

Hey Folks! My name is Rich Garner and I am the owner and operator of California Air Comfort! I have been in the HVAC industry for over 18 years. I started at the bottom crawling threw attics and crawl spaces to designing systems for homes with out any central heating and air conditioning. California air comfort not only can take care of all your homes comfort needs but also service,repair,and install commercial comfort systems also. Custom sheet metal fabrication ,load calculations and custom iron stands are just some of the experience California air comfort can do that a lot of these companies lack the experience too do. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you soon. Call California Air Comfort, to make your home comfortable! We have the craftsmanship, and experience to keep your home the perfect temp. Our customer service is second to none, and we are the fairest price in town! Call today for a free estimate.

Offers by California Air Comfort  on Angi
    Dependable Rooter and Plumbing

Dependable Rooter and Plumbing is your #1 choice for all residential service and repair needs in Placer and Sacramento counties. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we take care of all your plumbing needs, and we guarantee your complete satisfaction with the final results. We are known for our dependability and our high quality of service, so you can turn to us for plumbers you can trust. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we offer emergency plumbing service for those times when you simply can’t wait for a scheduled appointment. We know how crucial it is to have serious plumbing issues immediately inspected and repaired. This is exactly why we provide our customers with fast response and service when they need immediate service.

Offers by Dependable Rooter and Plumbing on Angi

California
    Plumbing
    05/31/2021

Water Heater Repair, Replacement & Installation, Tankless water heaters.

Plumbing other than water heating.