We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

The Trenchless Co

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2006

6201 Elvas Ave

Sacramento, CA 95819

Sewer problems? Drains Backed up? Trenchless Company specializes in sewer and waterline repair and replacement without digging! We have a full service drain cleaning and rooter division with professional service technicians available 24/7. We service both residential and commercial customers in

05/22/2020

Kate G.

This review replaces a previous review written as the work was nearing completion, after the field supervisor was freed from a larger assignment. With his hands-on leadership, the project was closed out in a few hours, and the county inspector approved the work. It was a rocky road. This three-day project expanded into three weeks. While the initial team started well, the work was slowed by equipment failures, reassigned workers, and poor team communication. The work failed two county inspections due to insufficient management oversight, and was resolved by redoing a lot of the work and tearing up more of our yard. Two sprinkler lines had been broken and improperly repaired. After I spoke with the owner of the company, a senior leader ensured the sprinklers were fixed, and the work area cleaned. The owner and managers are using this experience to further train their staff on their field practices.

Description of Work
Two sewer lines had collapsed. One was replaced with a different line.

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning

04/09/2018

Maureen J.

Received fair advice and reasonable quote for work. Company representative was honest and helpful.

Description of Work
Needed estimate and advice on tree root and sewer line

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

01/11/2018

Sheryl S.

The office staff was confused about getting my call scheduled and gave me incorrect information. The owner did call me and after that, communication was great. When the guys came to the house, they did not leave an even concrete floor so when my floor guy came to reinstall the flooring, there is a gap. When I walk on the floor, I can feel exactly where the work was done. Trenchless told me this is how they do it but it's not logical to have a floor significantly lower where the work was done. I expect to have to replace flooring sooner than normal because of the gap the cement layers left. Trenchless tells me it's a flooring problem. Looks like a concrete problem to me.

Description of Work
A pipe had roots growing in it. They did a patch repair to fix it.

10/25/2017

Randy C.

On the scheduled day and time, Service Technician Steve Hendry arrived. I had been given a call by Whitney about an hour prior to tell me the technician was on his way. She was very helpful and pleasant to speak too. I found Steven to be very professional and knowledgeable not only about what services they provide and how their product works but about the system at my house. He educated me on when and what type of materials were used in my neighborhood. After discussing what I called them about he promptly got to work. He allowed me to watch the camera run down the line on the large video screen. His equipment was hi tech and he explained what he was looking for and what he saw and didn't see. He explained how the line connects to the city system and what areas I am responsible for as a homeowner. It turns out my line had been replaced at some point before I purchased the home and was in pretty good shape. He did see two potential areas of concern and gave me a couple of options on how to repair them. After Steve did his work, I felt confident that I did not have any immediate concerns. There was no charge for running the camera down my line but I felt I got a lot of information that helped me with my concerns. If I decide to address the minor areas he pointed out or if something worse developed, I will definitely hire The Trenchless Co. Now I understand why this company is recommended by so many.

Description of Work
I live in an older neighborhood (built in 1958) and was concerned about my lateral line because I have a large tree in my front yard. I have lived in the house 10 years with no sewer problems but wanted the line scoped so see if I had any problems that needed addressing. I had seen The Trenchless Co. add on TV and other sources and saw they were supported by Angie's List and others so I gave them a call. They responded with a call right away and we scheduled an appointment.

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for taking the time to do such a thorough and detailed review of our services. I’m glad that Whitney and Steve were able to get you taken care of and it sounds like you have a couple minor issues that may need to be addressed in the future. If you need us we will be there for you! Thanks again for your business and I hope you’re having a great weekend! Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner- The Trenchless Co.

07/07/2016

John K.

They did a great job. Took care of everything and showed up on time.

Description of Work
They cleaned a drain for me

Category drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our services! I’m glad we were able to get you taken care of and if you ever need our services in the future don’t hesitate to give us a call. Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner- The Trenchless Co.

03/11/2016

YINETTE C.

Their bid was so high it was unbelievable. I got someone else who was so much lower. Maybe they have changed. They came after I contacted them and they were very nice. They were thorough and looked at everything. They guy was very professional. They didn't do the job. They also came out to look at cleaning out a sewer line. He was very good and very professional. The job I'm talking about was way too high. The estimate that they gave me was so out of line.

Description of Work
The Trenchless Company gave me an estimate. It was changing out the lines and the valves underneath the house.

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am going to pull your file and get this over to our Sales Manager, Darrin Baker. We do take customer service very seriously and never like hearing a customer was unhappy with our services. We want to do whatever we can to correct this issue and discuss the bid that was left for you. I do see a phone number on file that I will send this over to Darrin right away. Sincerely, Whitney Kainani Kanoa Customer Service Manager

12/29/2015

thomas r P.

The company alerted me before Chris came and called for my satisfaction of the work performed the next day If you need plumbing work done, you would be smart to call this company.

Description of Work
Chris was on time and presented a professional appearance. He cleared a stopped up bathroom drain and insured the water ran down the drain without a back up in the pipes.I can now wash my face without getting my feet wet.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your feedback on our company as well as our service technician Chris. I will be sure to share your feedback with him when I run into him at the office. Thanks again for taking the time out of your day to review our company. Your feedback and others are our way of making sure we are delivering the type of service you received to all of our customers. Thanks again for your business, if you ever need our services don't hesitate to give us a call. Hope you are having a great week! Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner - The Trenchless Co.

11/08/2015

Dru D.

James came punctually. Very knowledgeable, personable, and honest individual. He inspected the pipes with video equipment and discussed the pipe material and what I might look out for in the future. He did not find any leaks. If I need to have work done in future, I will call Trenchless.

Description of Work
Inspected cleanout for any leaks in the pipes.

Category plumbing

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback on your experience with our company and our technician James. He is an awesome guy and I'm glad that you enjoyed working with him. Thank you very much for choosing The Trenchless Co. I will share your review with James next time I see him. Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner - The Trenchless Co.

11/02/2015

Craig V.

I had my toilets removed to install flooring, and discovered tree roots growing underneath of one of them. I was concerned about the state of the sewer lines. I had heard ads for The Trenchless Co on the radio (and saw the same deal along with good reviews on Angie's list). I called to set up a non-urgent appointment and they gave me a 2 hour window on the morning that I wanted. They called ahead and even arrived a little early (I was still heading back to my house) so they waited for me. The technician was professional and personable. He explained what he was going to do and educated me on my sewer system. He videoed my drain line from the back all the way to the street, showing me the entire system. It turns out that the pipes are fine and clear of roots. Since there was nothing to clear, the inspection was free! He did say that the roots are likely coming from outside of the sewer pipes, between them and the foundation, so he did give me a quote for reworking the concrete around the toilet. I was very pleased with the time they took to do the inspection even tho they did not get a bigger job that day.

Description of Work
Checked my sewer line for tree roots.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the great review and feedback on our services. I'm glad you heard us on the radio and tried us out for our free video inspection and diagnostics for repair or replacement if needed. I'm glad to hear that there wasn't a larger issue with your sewer line - that is always the best outcome. One of the reasons we don't charge for estimates and camera inspections is we would hate to charge someone when they don't have a need - so it's nice to know that you appreciate our company values and focus on customer service. Thanks again for choosing The Trenchless Co. and taking the time to share your experience. Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner - The Trenchless Co.

08/19/2015

Ken D.

Everything went wonderful. The team was extremely professional and did a great job. The price was reasonable. Max the owner is wonderful as well We would recommend this company to anyone. Thank you so much for a job well done.

Description of Work
Sewer Pipe Replacement

Category plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing your experience with our company during your sewer line replacement. I'm glad we were able to solve your problem at a reasonable price and provide you with great customer service. We appreciate your business! Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner - The Trenchless Co.

05/25/2015

Ronald K.

We had a clogged drain outside our home. It was causing a major mess. I checked Angie's list and decided to call The Trenchless Co. The person who answered the phone was pleasant and understood my problem. She had a repair man (Laird) out within 45 minutes. Laird diagnosed the problem and worked tirelessly in some pretty unpleasant stuff to fix the problem. In addition to his competence, he was pleasant and patient. This company seems to be customer friendly and hires great people.

Description of Work
A plugged drain outside our house.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our company. I'm glad we were able to get your issue taken care of and your line flowing again! If you ever have any issues with your plumbing system in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call. I'll share your feedback with Laird the next time I see him around the office. Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner - The Trenchless Co.

03/18/2015

JANET T.

Rarely have I found another who values business relationships and wants to work "things" through. No one is perfect, no one is 100% all of the time and knowing this and wanting to be the Best One Can Be---is remarkable to this consumer and I THANK YOU! Max, the owner, contacted me and made it known he was concerned and cared. He wanted to make things right. He wanted my business and my referrals and he will get them! I have found a plumber who deserves every bit of success the world may provide. Exemplary business ethics and communication skills. If ever, another has concerns, or if others want to contact me---I am not related and I will share my experience.. I am a consumer whose faith in businesses has been restored. Thank you ! May I encounter more like YOU!!!!

Description of Work
Found clean-out, that 3 prior plumbers could not. Hooray! 30+ year old Australian Tree Fern was loving living on top of it. Fertilizer.. Truly one of, if not the prettiest in Sacramento. However, I must transplant and pray for the best--it is one of a kind.

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services in detail. Your review means more to me than you could ever imagine. We try hard to meet or exceed our customers expectations 100% of the time. I’m so thankful that you see the value in what were trying to accomplish and appreciate your trust and confidence in me. If you ever need anything in the future please don’t hesitate to reach out. Hope you’re having a great weekend! Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner- The Trenchless Co.

03/08/2015

Wendy N.

Great. Best person I have ever had clear my sewer line.

Description of Work
clear clogged sewer line. Scoped line to ID problem. Gave estimates for repairs.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for taking the time to rate our company! We appreciate your business. If you ever have back ups in the future and are looking for a permanent solution feel free to reach out to us for a free estimate and video inspection. Hope you’re having a great weekend! Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner- The Trenchless Co.

02/27/2015

Elisa C.

Cory came out to initially snake the clog, and spent about 3 hours until he gave me the news that he'd have to go under the house. He recommended that the pipes be replaced after 65 years of buildup and use. The price was very fair. He was able to schedule a high-powered flush to the the shower operational. They spent 3 hours doing that as well as trying to snake it to get some flow. This was unsuccessful. They were originally scheduled to replace the pipes the following week, but the company was able to rearrange their schedule to accommodate us and get the pipes replaced. The procedure only took about 2 1/2 hours with a 3 man crew. They were extremely polite, professional and efficient. Cory was an outstanding lead and did everything he could to get us back to baseline. They also knew that we have only one bathroom and needed to use the shower. They could have charged us anything and we might have had to pay it or wait a week until we scheduled bids. Their price was very fair and I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off for the type of work they were performing. I recommend this company wholeheartedly. We have used them before to replace 60 feet of sewer line, and they did it fast and clean and came in at a good price.

Description of Work
Went under house and replaced approximately 20 feet of galvanized pipe under the bathtub, shower and kitchen sink. Replaced T.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for the detailed review of our services. We appreciate your repeat business and referrals! I’m glad that you were happy with our entire staff and just wanted to say thank you for your business and hope you’re having a great weekend! Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner- The Trenchless Co.

02/03/2015

john W.

They were very professional. The first guy cleared the backup clog that was caused by an improperly installed clean out that collapsed partially. Darren came out and ran the camera finding the collapsed clean out. It was within a foot of the County clean out and everyone thought it was the Counties. The County came out and said theirs was fine. Darren came back out and identified the additional clean out as something someone (county workers) had installed illegally when the regular clean out was installed. Long story but two houses connected to the main with no clean out. In 2003 the County separated the lines and added clean outs. Obviously the crew conned someone into adding the illegal one off the books but cannot be proved. Trenchless repaired the faulty clean out ie took it out and added one where it should be. 9112

Description of Work
Cleared the sewage line. Ran a camera the length of the line twice. Added a clean out near the house in the driveway. Dug down 8 ft and got rid of a clean out that was in the wrong place and had collapsed causing a major back up and joined the existing line.

Category excavators, plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to review our services. I’m glad we were able to get your situation squared away with the county and your sewer issue. Hope you’re having a great weekend! Just wanted to let you know we appreciate your business. Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner - The Trenchless Co.

12/01/2014

Frederick O.

Simply put, Cory (the technician) was polite, competent, knowledgeable, and helpful. I recommend this company.

Description of Work
Our sewer line was clogged and the toilet backed up and overflowed. Not much fun. The technician came out within a day, fixed the problem and gave us suggestions to fix what may become an ongoing problem.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for reviewing our services! I’m glad that we were able to get you falling again as well as give you options to solve your problem permanently without digging. If you are ever in need of our services in the future please don’t hesitate to give us a call. Hope you’re having a great weekend. We appreciate your business! Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner- The Trenchless Co.

11/11/2014

Elizabeth W.

I was extremely grateful for the service and efficiency. I am not familiar with plumbing and Steve answered all of my questions in a simple and kind manner. I was extremely satisfied with the service and so thankful I wasn't charged. It's great to know there are company's out there that aren't always just looking for dollars in there pocket. Thanks so much for your help!

Description of Work
My main line was blocked. I called and they were able to set an appt. the same day. Steve showed at the beginning of the time window and text me when he was on his way. Very friendly upon arrival and told me he can already tell that it looks like the problem is outside my property line (city will fix). I asked if he was sure and he said he will set up camera to double check before he leaves. He confirmed the problem was out under the sidewalk and showed me the video as he snaked it through. I asked how much I owed him and he said nothing. I asked him for a card so I can refer to friends!

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to review our services! I’m glad Steve was able to diagnose what was going on and get you headed in the right direction with your sewer issue. Sometimes jobs don’t end up turning into dollars for us but the repeat business and referrals goes along way and pays off in the long run. Thanks for noticing the difference between us and others. If you ever need anything in the future please give us a call. Hope you’re having a great weekend! Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner- The Trenchless Co.

11/10/2014

Nickolaus B.

Set a show up time of between 4pm and 6pm, got a call at 3:30pm that the worker was on his way. The plumber arrived a couple minutes before 4pm. Price to clean out a kitchen drain like was exactly as quoted. Provided detailed information on causes of clogs, and provided a 30 day labor guarantee on the drains.

Description of Work
Snaked 1 1/2 inch kitchen drain line

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review! I appreciate your business and hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. If you need our services in the future don’t hesitate to give us a call. Sincerely, Max Greenberg Owner- The Trenchless Co.

10/23/2014

sandra l P.

No problems with the drain after the cleaning The sewer cleaning was a great job. However in my situation, the trenchless replacement was not a good value. Max, the owner of the company personally called me to discuss my visit and review. He is very professional and he does a great job resolving any and all issues. I own 5 houses and I would call on him again.

Description of Work
Cleaned drain and did the camera inspection. Also gave a bid for trenchless replacement of damaged sewer lines

09/17/2014

Terrell C.

This morning I called The Trenchless Co about my slow draining bathtubs and toilets, and they were able to make an appointment for the same afternoon with a narrow arrival window. I received a call from the office when Steve was on his way, and he showed up promptly within the assigned window - extra stars for keeping me informed and showing up on time! My roommate met Steve and he began the inspection, then called me for approval before starting work on the $99 clean out special advertised through Angie's List. I was able to get away from the office near the end of the job and witness the final clean out and video re-inspection. Steve carefully pointed out features of my cast iron plumbing which will require repair after additional years of corrosion and described future options, but did not pressure me to preemptively have my household sewer repaired. While he was there, Steve also looked into a slow leak at the main water shutoff valve for the house, and explained options for repair and replacement. He provided an estimate for this work as well. Overall, this experience couldn't have been better. Steve was punctual, professional, did a good job for a very good price, and was very pleasant to talk with as well. From my point of view, The Trenchless Co lives up to the high ratings which lead me to hire them in the first place. Thank you Steve!

Description of Work
Performed video inspection of sewer lateral from the house clean-out to the street, and then inspected the sewer pipe under the house towards the stack. Found and removed clog, then reinspected sewer pipe under the house.

07/21/2014

Connie N.

What began as a simple drain clearing, quickly vaulted to a line replacement. James, was polite and a bit over the top sales guy..but in a good way. He explained everything. We didn't have to many surprises. We have a 60yo house...pipes just don't last. A little bubble with the initial sales guy in picking up our down check and getting the contract signed, but I can't say enough good for the crews and the office staff. Polite, professional and really cleaned up after themselves. The downer was they began a big job on a Fri and came back on Monday to finish. The weekend wasn't too bad with plywood ducted tape to the kitchen & bathroom floors. We had to tiptoe around them in the kitchen (50% of the floor) cooking and everyday stuff was moot. Don't stress, just call them. No weirdness here.

Description of Work
Initally cleared a drain, then replaced a line

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

07/14/2014

Peggy G.

It went very well. Initally they came out within 4 hours of call for blocked sewer line. Camera'd and cleared the line of roots as much as possible so we would have sewer line function. Showed us pictures of where the sewer line was broken and offset, and clearly needed to be replaced. (It turns out it was the original clay line installed sometime in the 1920's -1930's). They did have to actually dig up about 8 feet of line in the back yard from the house to a 90 degree bend. From there, they were able to use the trenchless method. They were efficient and timely and cleaned up well afterwards and replumbed all the sprinkler lines that they had to cut thru.

Description of Work
Replaced entire sewer line using their (mostly) trench less method.

Category excavators, plumbing, sewer cleaning

05/11/2014

Erika F.

While removing a tree, water pipe leading to the house was broken. It was a Friday night after 5:00 on a holiday weekend. The Trenchless Co was able to send someone out within an hour to help me turn off the water, assess the damage, and give an estimate. He came back the next day to complete the work. He was able to replace a section of the water pipe. Job was difficult because of the tree roots wrapped around the pipes. I don't know how the price compares to other companies as this was the only quote I received. But the service was fantastic, both on the phone and in person.

Description of Work
Fixed broken water pipe leading to the house.

04/22/2014

Blair L.

Very pleased! All contacts were professional and timely. I was promised a call 30-45 minutes prior to arrival--I got it, and Steve was prompt, professional and friendly. He offered me the option to watch the process (I accepted). He guided me through what he was doing, explained what I was seeing every step of the way, and explained all of the options fully. He walked me through the estimate and made sure I had all of the contact information I need. I will definitely be scheduling this work in the near future.

Description of Work
Estimate only at this time. Did complete camera inspection of sewer line from toilets to city line.

04/07/2014

Cindy B.

The company called about 30 minutes ahead to let me know they were on their way. Glenn arrived and I showed him the clogged toilet. He got the snake equipment and cleared it in about 5 minutes. When I asked if he took credit cards, he very kindly said this one is free. He suggested I get a new toilet.

Description of Work
Snaked a toilet that was clogged with tp.