The Key Man

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2007

Florin Road

Sacramento, CA 95831

The Key Man has been your local expert at residential and commercial locksmithing since 2005. We offer our services for automotive lockouts, residential and commercial doors and locks, plus much more! We do rekeying, lock repair services, lock replacement, key duplication, and more for your auto, home, or business lockout needs! Call today for immediate service. We can guarantee our work and timely service....

02/29/2020

Ardyth S.

I have a nonstandard front door that wouldn't open because the deadbolt and lever wore out at the same time. Lesley answered my many questions about what new hardware to buy, and she and her father both came out to do the work. Besides the front door, they repaired the frame for a side door, where I was also installing new hardware but the bolt and receptacle weren't lining up straight. They were a pleasure to work with and I'd definitely call them for any future needs.

Description of Work
Replaced several locks in an older house with a nonstandard front door, performed related repairs

04/16/2019

Emily D.

Lesly was great. She was friendly, explained what she was doing and went out of her way to get all the locks sorted. I would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
We needed seven locks rekeyed and in some cases repaired/moved.

11/27/2018

Ben G.

He fixed the issue and repaired a second door handle mechanism as well

Description of Work
adjusted a deadbolt that wouldn't fully engage

10/21/2018

Beryl G.

superb! He accommodated my schedule and efficiently tackled the project. Frankly I expected to pay twice as much!

Description of Work
he replaced malfunctioning door locks (with new locks that I had on hand), rekeyed all exterior locks, and cut new keys, all on a Sunday !

09/19/2017

Doug W.

The key man was awesome. Returned call promptly and scheduled an appointment for the next morning. Was prompt, and new what he was doing. Done in about 20 minutes. Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Had a locked door in bedroom with no key.

01/02/2017

Alicia A.

Everything went well. On time, professional and reasonable.

Description of Work
Needed a kryptonite bike lock removed from premises that tenant had left locked on site. The Key Man came out same day, removed it and for a very reasonable charge. I would hire again in an instant!

07/26/2016

Jan P.

Carl came out within an hour of contacting him. He had the part needed to do the repair and it took less then 45 minutes. Very professional. I have already recommended him to others.

Description of Work
Our lock on a security door was frozen

04/01/2016

Marea F.

Easy. I live out of town and needed my house rekeyed for a new tenant. He was easy to work with and completed the work within 2-3 days of my first contact. Prompt, efficient, and the right price. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Rekeyed 5 locks.

01/13/2016

Peter S.

Lesly did the work at our house in a very professional manner. She re-keyed four locks, and installed a new dead bolt on the garage door. She also fixed the front and garage doors that previously did not latch properly. Now everything works fine. I felt that was a lot of work for the price. I was very pleased with her work and the price.

Description of Work
Re-keyed our new house and repaired several doors that did not latch properly.

11/17/2015

Thomas S.

Last night I encountered an issue where I could no longer turn the key in my ignition. AAA recommended I look for a local locksmith, and I found The Key Man here. I called him this morning. He was polite and professional, came to my house by early afternoon, and fixed the issue promptly. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the ignition on my Ford Focus.

10/09/2015

Ginger M.

Excellent customer service. I email through the website contact form and got a response in about 30 minutes. The day and time I wanted were available and book. I received a phone call confirming the appointment on the day of service. Lesley was prompt, professional and showed her ID. My issues were all fixed in about 35-40 minutes and the price was very reasonable. I've already recommended them to a friend.

Description of Work
came to my home and rekeyed and placed two locks. Fixed the other two locks with lubricant spray and cut new keys.

Category locksmith, web designers

06/12/2015

Casandra M.

Excellent Job. They arrived on time, gave a reasonable quote and provided the service quickly and professionally. Very satisfied, and would recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Re-keyed front door and two other doors with top and bottom locks, total of 5 new locks installed.

05/22/2015

Dave C.

Leslie and Carl were very responsive and attentive to our needs, and were extremely professional. They did a great job, were very reasonably priced and even gave us a senior discount. We thoroughly recommend them!

Description of Work
Rekeyed our home and shed locks, multiple key copies.

04/07/2015

Janeil S.

I called early Tuesday morning and asked for an afternoon appointment. The time was agreed upon and the technician arrived right on time, explained the process, went right to work, and accompanied us to check all the locks and keys and make sure everything worked smoothly before she left. Very polite and professional, I'd hire them again in a minute.

Description of Work
Re-key three deadbolt locks and refit one, check doorknob locks, make extra key

12/30/2014

joanne F.

He was on time and pleasant to work with. He went to work right away and was done in about an hour. He rekeyed 6 locks and fixed one lock that was rubbing against the hole in frame. He did a good job and even gave me extra keys at no cost. I would use them again. I wish they gave Angie coupons but I felt the service was very good.

Description of Work
re-key 6 locks and make copies of keys

10/09/2014

KATHY K.

Carl has re-keyed and repaired a lock for me in the past and did a great job, very professional and helpful. I don't recall how much he charged. I called him again yesterday afternoon to repair a door lock that was no longer working. He came out the very next morning, took apart the lock to evaluate it and said I actually didn't need any new parts, that it just needed to be tightened a little which he did as a courtesy, no charge at all! How great is that? I highly recommend the Key Man. He does a great job, very professional, responsive and trustworthy. I will only use the Key Man for future locksmith work and repairs.

Description of Work
He repaired and tightened a lock on the pool house

08/19/2014

Jenny A.

Responed to my phone call with 30 minutes. Was able to re-key the house the same day I contacted him. Arrived on time. Provided several new keys and even fixed one of the strikeplates on my dooor at no extra charge. Outstanding service- I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Re-keyed all of the locks on the outside doors

07/09/2014

Wendi F.

Unlocked interior office door and made extra keys.

Description of Work
Carl answered his phone right away, didn't have time in that moment to set-up an appointment but called me back quickly once he was available. He arrived on time, quickly evaluated how best to unlock my office, explained what he was going to do, did it and cleaned up nicely. He even made more keys to have on hand since the initial reason for his visit went so quickly.

07/08/2014

Theresa M.

Excellent. Carl was responsive to my calls and accommodated his schedule to work me in on the same day. He performed the service and showed me a couple additional options. He was prompt, efficient, and personable.

Description of Work
He re-keyed locks in my home.

05/23/2014

Timothy M.

I purchased a new Schlage door handle and deadbolt for a remodeled home. The new hardware didn't fit in the older door, but Carl was able to make the tooling necessary to make the new handle fit. A little jury-rigging was required, but the new handle works perfectly.

Description of Work
Installed new door hardware on an older door.

02/28/2014

hawkins .

Very pleased with them. Very efficient worked quickly and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
locks

02/05/2014

Beth P.

I'm having my kitchen floor tiled. The contractor was coming the next day to begin the project. He needed access through my side gate. Unlike my usual very organized self, I absolutely could not find the key to the side gate padlock. Rather than panic, I went to Angie's List and found The Keyman. He was able to come over the same day to remove the padlock. He actually called to ask if he could come over early. I was very grateful for that. Carl was able to pick the lock and remove it. The padlock is still intact, in case I ever find the key. In the meantime, my tile contractor has had free access through the side gate.

Description of Work
Removed a padlock for which I'd misplaced the key.

01/28/2014

Dave I.

We had a 6 keys for the 8 locks on our home's exterior doors (two security doors and two exterior entry doors and the door between garage and home. The door locks included a combination of both Schlage and Kwiset Locks. the various branded locks we mismatched on the various doors. We learned in calling the Key man that we could have one key for the Schlage lock and one key for kwiset locks. We purchased several Kwiset locks and installed locks so that the security door and the associated entry doors would match. After installation I called the Key Man again on Monday Jan 27. We made an appointment for 2:00 pm on Jan 28 for the Key Man to come out . 110- The Key Man came out right at the scheduled appointed time nd professionally re-keyed all 7 locks so that we now have 2 keys instead of the 6 keys we had previously. The work was completed in less than a half hour. the total fee was $110 ($40 for the visit and $10 per lock)

Description of Work
re-keyed 7 locks - front security door ( front and deadbolt) to match same key as front door, re-keyed garage door (handle & deadboldt) to match side garage door and side security door (both have a deadbolt and handle locks).

01/16/2014

ronald B.

quick, prompt, professional, polite, competent, very reasonably priced

Description of Work
rekeyed door

12/24/2013

Gary H.

Being new to the area we decided to use Angie's List to help locate various services. Our first encounter was a very positive experience. Carl " The Key Man " showed up right on time. As we walked to each door that needed to be re-keyed, he had tools in hand and removed each lock. I asked if he could just take a look at some other doors that were not working properly and he said he would. He adjusted and repaired loose handles on three sliding glass doors and repaired latches on three other doors that we're not working properly and he did not charge us for this extra service. We will definitely be recommending the " The Key Man " to all of our friends

Description of Work
Re-keyed six locks, adjusted three sliding glass doors, and repaired three doors that would not shut properly.