Spectrum One

Founded 1995 • With Angi since April 2015

Spectrum One has focused on quality in everything we do since we first opened our doors. This means using only the best suppliers, general contractors, subcontractors, and trades (many of whom have worked in the industry their entire adult lives), which ultimately provides our clients with premiere

Paul BorodenkoKitchen RemodelingBathroom Remodeling

home remodeling (18)interior painting (11)home builder (11)woodworking (9)solar companies (8)electrician (8)plumbers (7)drywall (7)flooring (6)house painting (5)tile installation (5)cabinet makers (5)

04/08/2021

Jessa T.

Spectrum One is our choice over and over again for renovating our home, which was built in the 1960s. Dennis comes out and looks at the scope of the project and gets back to you in a timely manner with an incredibly detailed and professional proposal. He takes into account your vision for the home and offers suggestions for improving the project or explains how the team can make that vision come to life. The project managers who oversee the project from start to finish have been diligent, respectful and ensure that the work being done is of the highest standards. They are on-site every day with a whole team working to get the job done as beautifully and as quickly as possible. The attention to detail from the whole group is what I most appreciate. We have used them for whole-home flooring (removal, installation and baseboards), recessed lighting, countertops, backsplash and would trust them with any project. We recently completed a third project with Spectrum One that included widening doorways, redoing an outdated fireplace hearth, and remodeling two bathrooms. Everyone at Spectrum One is quick to respond, honest, creative, and fun to be around. We love them and highly recommend to anyone looking to do a renovation, repair, or build!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, bathroom remodel, fireplace hearth construction, flooring, lighting, counters and backsplash, plumbing, and more!

Category concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, fireplaces, home builders, home remodeling, interior painters, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

Review for Spectrum One - 4212 N Freeway Blvd, Sacramento, CA - 39286816

10/16/2018

Alan G.

Best experience I have ever had with a contractor. While there were minor hickups, they were from manly unexpected issues, with some minor communication issues. Work was high quality and timely. Dennis on the business side was professional and patient. Slavik, the main contractor was actually pleasant to have around the house. They were not the cheapest bid we had, falling somewhere in the middle. We hired them because we had a sense that they were honest and hard working and we were not disappointed.

Description of Work
Spectrum completed a major bathroom remodel (stripped to the studs), some carpentry a re-grouting of an older shower, and installed several windows

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/15/2018

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate your review and enjoyed working with you. We look forward to helping you with any future projects.

08/09/2018

MESUT B.

After receiving a number of estimates for the work required, Spectrum One came through right in line with our budget. Dennis was nothing short of extremely professional, always answering phone calls regardless of day or time as well as providing expert opinions. We would not hesitate to call Spectrum One again. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
General Remodeling

Work Completed On 07/04/2018

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We really appriciate your business and looking forward to helping you with any future projects.

06/13/2018

Ed L.

After making an appointment and scheduling all other involved parties, I received a phone call 2 hours before the appointment canceling the appointment!. They explained that they would not be able to do the job. Very unprofessional. When I asked to speak to a person in charge, they explained that there was no one available to talk to. They Wasted a week of my time.

Description of Work
Commercial retail

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed] I want to start off by saying we are sorry you feel that we wasted your time. We were able to get the appointment scheduled for the next day per your request which is not always the easiest thing to do. After looking at the project we realized that you would need to work with a commercial architect first before we could help you with the construction estimate and we called you 3 1/2 hours before your scheduled appointment to explain the situation. We never said that we could not do the job. Also as for there not being anyone to speak to in charge at that moment, our office staff informed you that the owner of the company was out of town but that they could pass the message on and they would be able to call you back. We sincerely apologize for the confusion and only were trying to inform you of the process needed for your project. Thank you, Spectrum One Inc Team

05/02/2018

Theresa V.

Very quick response initially, but then dragged on and on. Some of this was change orders/product delays, but most was distance from their office to the home and the fact that the crew worked multiple jobs at the same time. Workers came at all hours of the day and night, and were often tired, but fortunately the house was next door and vacant. Would say they were coming and then didn't show at times. Had to do final finishing work ourselves because it was easier than to guess when they would be able to come out and finish. All the while , the front office kept asking for payments, even when no work had been done since last payment. Disconnect here. Much of the work was ok quality/ home depot level materials, but other work had to be redone because it was done incorrectly (wrong color paint, drain traps leaking, defective. Electrical was improperly grounded on fixtures. Very nice people, but really expensive considering the project as a whole and having a rental property offline for an extended time.

Description of Work
Indoor refurbishing of rental home

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/31/2018

10/19/2017

Adair L.

Excellent. The patio looks like brand new.

Description of Work
Had complete patio painted -- top and bottom.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

07/24/2017

susan R.

Spectrum One was the best choice I made! I had damage done to my home from a falling tree so I had an insurance claim. Spectrum One assigned me a public adjuster that dealt with my insurance company on my behalf, which in itself is a blessing! Their quality of work was outstanding! I had also made a few changes in the repair process and their team made sure I had change orders and knew EXACTLY what I was paying for the changes I was making and had an updated contract to me within 24 hours. The crew and staff were all very professional and friendly, I was actually sad to have my job ending! Paul (the owner), was especially pleasant to work with! He made sure I knew where we were at and any changes to the schedule since I had left out of town for 10 days. I have a few more additional projects that I will be needing services on in the very near future and I cannot wait to hire them back again! Thank you Spectrum One for your outstanding services! Hope to see you soon!

Description of Work
Tree damage on home

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

03/14/2017

Margaret S.

Vitali and Valeri did an excellent job with some difficult plumbing and electrical upgrades in my house.

Description of Work
plumbing and electrical work

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling

Work Completed On 01/09/2017

12/30/2016

Natasha B.

I am very excited to say I had a great experience with this company. Friendly, professional people. The project went exactly how I wanted it to go. I had pretty much every room in my house renovated, including the bathrooms (new Jacuzzi, shower, sink, toilet, floors.. etc.), a new fireplace, new floors, new doors, and fresh paint. I am absolutely in love! I contacted Spectrum One on 12/2/16 and they finished my entire house just in time for the holidays! Thank you!!

Description of Work
1. Move porch light, 2. Replace front door with new one 3. Install new fireplace 4. Remove all popcorn ceilings 5. Paint interior of house 6. New French doors in office room 7. Remodel master bath -install new Jacuzzi -install new shower -replace sink -replace toilet -replace tile floors 8. Install new laminate flooring in all rooms except bathrooms

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/30/2016

12/30/2016

Olga S.

The crew brought and installed the furnace heater with no set backs, everything went as planned. They delivered the furnace heater and professionally cleaned everything all for a low price! Would Definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Purchased furnace heater and thermostat Delivered materials Cut sheet rock Framed Hooked up gas pipe Connected electrical Installed heater furnace Professional cleaning

Category electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, home builders

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

12/29/2016

Mariya T.

I would recommend this company to anyone in need of work done on their home. I had a terrible problem with fungi inside and outside of my home. There was dry rot on the siding and trim, the plywood roof sheathing on the patio cover, the support beams suffered from fungi damage, a lot of my wood sash windows were affected by the fungi as well. Spectrum One sent their crew out right away. Not only did they remove and replace all of the damaged wood, they also fixed my leaking faucet and toilet. Thank you!!

Description of Work
Remove fungi damage from inside and outside of the house, replace with new material. Fix leaking toilet and sink.

Category drywall, pest control, handyman service, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, deck cleaning, home builders, house painters, mold removal, patios

Work Completed On 05/11/2016

09/30/2016

Rita W.

The Big Deal I purchased was a good deal. I would recommend them. They did a good job

Description of Work
The board under my sink was rotted and black; it was taken out and replaced.

Category cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/22/2016

09/19/2016

Sharon T.

Johan showed up on time. Worked strong through out the day and left a clean work area each day. Work was superior quality

Description of Work
Installed closet doors, moved cabinets to another wall in basement and moved a interior bathroom wall out to make a bigger bathroom

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling

Work Completed On 09/19/2016

09/13/2016

Daniil M.

It was great honestly. They came out, took a look at the problem, found the problem and promplty fixed it. The plumbing was drastic, and they worked on it really hard. My wife is loving her new kitchen, and I am loving that I had to put in minimal effort. The base boards and the tile look great, Im not even getting into the kitchen cabinets- those are just amazing. Not sure what company they used for their cabinets, but great quality stuff. A+, will do work with them again.

Description of Work
Base boards, kitchen cabinets, tile repair, plumbing in kitchen

Category plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/13/2016

08/22/2016

Chris A.

It was terrible! They are full of promises and talk; but the action does not match; there is no follow through. Many of their guys are great; but there is minimal supervision. The "plumber" did not know anything and we had a water leak almost immediately.

Description of Work
Spectrum remodeled our kitchen as a subcontractor for Lowes. They were supposed to complete the project at the end of 2015.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/15/2015

05/11/2016

Natalya O.

They did a great job, all the work was performed in accordance to the current building regulations and codes. The work was performed on time. They took into account all of our wishes, used modern materials which we have selected for design purposes. Spectrum One used advanced technologies and equipment. We are looking forward to developing a long term relationship with Spectrum One, Inc as they proved to be a reliable, highest quality Contractor we have ever had a chance to work with. Thank you Spectrum One’s Team!

Description of Work
Spectrum One performed multiple repairs to our business center including demolition, bathroom remodels, flooring replacement, LED lightning, painting, plumbing work, solar installation and other items…

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, decks, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, remodeling, garage builders, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, sunrooms, solar panels, basement remodeling, mobile home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/12/2016

05/05/2016

Olivia R.

The paint guys did such a wonderful job painting the interior of my house. They are professionals and know what they're doing.

Description of Work
Interior paint

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 04/15/2016

05/05/2016

Gwenn W.

I had 4 support posts holding up our covered walk way that were rotted out at the base and I was afraid they were going to give out any day. Angie's List had a special for wood repair - 4 hours of labor. Yeah, got the OK from the husband and purchased it. Olga at Spectrum One Inc. called to set up appointment and asked me to send her pictures of the job, which I forgot to do. They sent over a great tech person to review the job in person, gave us a list of materials we would need and set up a time for the job to get done. We were able to pick up the replacement posts from the Home Depot around the corner from us and let Olga know we were ready. I left my husband with the job of being on site while I went off to work. Came home for lunch and the job was already done and looked great. The only think I wish I had done was have a longer to do list for them. The workman ship was great. They were able to use the base and top hanger so no extra expense and they got done in two hours. Looking at replacing our fence and are keeping them in mind for that job.

Description of Work
Replace 4 support posts holding up our covered walk way.

Work Completed On 04/28/2016

04/29/2016

Olivia R.

Spectrum One is my go to company. Anytime I need any remodeling or maintenance service they always to provide a superb quality work. They did my kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Painted all the rooms in my house. Changed flooring from carpet to hardwood floors and repaired my patio. Also, they do maintenance when when I need plumbing or A/C done. They are very professional and respond in timely manner. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel Bathroom Remodel Flooring Interior Paint Doors Patio/Porch A/C repair

Category custom cabinets, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, sunrooms

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

04/26/2016

Martha R.

The company spokesperson contacted me by telephone and asked for photos 3 days after my purchase. I sent the photos to her email with details and closeups of the rotten parts. After another 3-4 days she sent back an email with circles around the parts. I replied again that the portions circled were indeed needing attention. A week went by and finally (3 weeks) an email stating that I should purchase lumber with some incorrect sizes of boards included. I responded the next day with correct measurements and photos to accompany them. More time passed and finally a date was set. (11 emails, 15 messages on Angie's list) Each and every time when I sent an email I suggested that the company send someone out before purchasing lumber to be certain the correct sizes were purchased. The date came and the technician arrived on time and (to my surprise) with lumber in his truck. He looked over the area and began work immediately. I did not supervise during the repair. He was friendly but quiet (I suspect his English language skills are poor) and cleaned up after himself. After he left I noticed that insead of a whole piece of lumber that three areas of new wood had been pieced. The one concerning me the most is very visible and the horozontal bottom piece is 1" wide X 24.5" long pieced onto a larger piece, instead of one correct board 6.5" wide. Here is what I wrote correcting the company 2 weeks before the repairs: You wrote:Hello 1. The upright beams on either side of door are 80" tall, 3.5" wide and 2" thick. Only the right side's base is rotten. 2. On the Left outside corner the entire beam is more than 11' but about 3' of a 2 x 4 piece could replace the rotten area plus another foot or so of a similar piece (atop the cement step) on the inside. At the base of the inside (atop the cement and adjacent to those) corner measurements are 2" thick x 6.5" thick x 24.5" long. I would be happy for your technicians to purchase appropriate materials plus base paint after verifying what's needed since no one wants to purchase the incorrect materials or waste any time on this small project. Apr 1, 8:55amSpectrum One wrote:Martha, based on the pictures that you've provided the following material is needed: 3 pc of 2-by-6 wood 1 pc of 2-by-4 wood Please let me know whether you'd like to provide them or would like us to bring provide it for you and you would reimburse us for the purchased items. Best, Olga After the repair I sent an email with my concerns. I have been told that the company will only consider painting with primer and that "That particular part will not be shown as two pieces attached when you pain it." Unfortunately this is NOT true since I immediately primed the new area because of the weather forecast for rain. The company also claims that the workman did "more" than I originally stated. This is also untrue.

Description of Work
Replaced rotted wood

Work Completed On 04/18/2016

Review for Spectrum One - 4212 N Freeway Blvd, Sacramento, CA - 31596261

04/22/2016

Kimberly G.

My husband emailed and requested someone come out and assess the home for a kitchen + bathroom remodel and flooring. We were contacted quickly and set up the appointment. Unfortunately, we have not received a call or email concerning the no-show. Very disappointing, seeing as Spectrum One has received good ratings. Customer service was definitely lacking and our time was of little concern for this company.

Description of Work
Nothing. No call no show.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/21/2016

04/11/2016

Ruth V.

It was not well. They came out and I could not communicate with them. I recall and I said I need to talk to somebody when they come out so I can go over what I want done and they sent people out when I wasn't here and told the caregiver and they talked to the person was there for the day. They said we were authorized to come out but they came three hours early and I never got to talk to them about what I wanted. They kept going back and forth and then when they finally gave me a price on what they wanted to charge for what I actually wanted done it was extremely high. So I assumed they didn't want to do the work because I had several other quotes at much better prices and I got the work done else where. They came out and they spent about an hour and a half and left me with a hole in my house and it was taped over for the rain and I made him tape it over for the rain but we could never agree on anything. They could have communicated a whole lot better. They never came out and I was speaking on the phone with somebody who doesn't understand English and so they were having to call back to the office back and forth so it was not a good experience.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for Spectrum One for $175.

Category sunrooms

Work Completed On 02/01/2016

4 hour package was purchased by Client in order to trim out the beam posts. When a tech was dispatched to start the project, the Client requested to have the beams taken out completely, which would require more time and Stucco work done as well. While our stucco expert was on the way to the Customer's property to inspect, the technician covered the opening with a plastic to prevent the rain going in before it’s installed. Most of the communications with Client was made with the office staff, who speak fluent English. Because the job scope for replacement of six beams including stucco work could not be covered by 4 hour package an additional quote was provided to the Client per request. However the Client never responded.

04/01/2016

Donna G.

My experience with Spectrum One was horrible and disappointing. I purchased their four hours of wood rot restoration/repair or exterior carpentry package on February 25, 2016 Olga from Spectrum one contacted me via Angie's list inbox shortly after to discuss the project and request photos. I initially requested a weekend appointment but Olga informed me that they only work regular business hours M-F The first available appointment was scheduled almost a month later on Monday 3/21/16 between 8-9 am. I requested the day off from work for the appointment on the morning of the scheduled appointment 1/2 hour before someone was scheduled to arrive I received a phone call from Olga stating that she was calling to confirm the appointment. I was taken aback when she said confirm...I said we already confirmed the appointment and scheduled it for today. Olga stated that she's trying to get a technician to do the job so he would be late. Approximately 2 hours later she called me back and stated that she couldn't get a technician to complete the job today but she offered me a Saturday appointment or an extra hour of labor for free. I opted for a Saturday appointment because I didn't want to take another day off from work. The appointment was scheduled for 4/2/16 two days before the appointment I received an e-mail from Olga stating that they were unable to complete my job because the technician that was scheduled to work on Saturday quit and she didn't have anyone else available to work on Saturday therefore she was unable to provide me service at this time and would contact Angie's list to request a refund. Needless to say I was very disappointed with my interaction with Spectrum One, they didn't offer to send another technician out to complete the job that I had purchased, I took off from work and purchased the materials for a job that was never completed based on my experience with them I wouldn't recommend hiring them.

Description of Work
The provider didn't do anything as they never showed up for two scheduled appointments.

Work Completed On 03/31/2016