Window Installation Service,Door Supplier,Window Supplier,Vinyl Windows, Wood Windows, Fiberglass Windows, Aluminum Windows,Glass, Screen, Mirror Shop

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Southgate Glass

Founded 1961 • With Angi since November 2005

6852 FRANKLIN BLVD

Sacramento, CA 95823

Southgate Glass is the premier glass and window company serving the Sacramento area. The small shop was founded in 1961 with just three employees and a dream. All Southgate Glass products have been tested for quality, durability, and ENERGYSTAR compliance. In addition to their own in-house

03/30/2017

Katrina F.

It was affordable but I do not remember exactly what it was. I had it done individual, not all at once. I was very pleased, I would give them an A+. I was pleased with them. Very professional, did everything in a timely manner and showed up on time. Not only where they really professional, but they took time to talk to me as a customer to see what I wanted, and to show me different layouts of the glass. They were really good.

Description of Work
I had some screens put in my home, and I had a few windows replaced.

Category screen repair, replacement windows

12/07/2015

Ed L.

On December 4th around 8am, I called Southgate Glass and spoke to Saul. I explained to Saul that i had a break-in and I needed the front door glass replaced as well as some other cabinet glass. I said he did have the laminate glass for teh door in the store and he would send someone to give me an estimate. Out of fairness he didi not promise to get the door glass replaced on the same day, but promised that if his installer could not replace the glass on the door, he would board the door. Saul promised to have his installer call 1/2 hour before arriving. 4:45pm, the installer arrived, took measurement and simply said that he was too busy to replace the glass or board the door for me. He left me after 5pm on Friday stranded with a broken door and no where to go. I called few people around town to see if someone could board the door for me, but had no luck. I had no tools and no experience to do the job by myself and no way to secure my business over night.

Description of Work
Came in to give an estimate

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

11/25/2015

Janine E.

Our shower door was loose so we contacted Southgate Glass. They were the ones that did the installation in 2009. When we called them to tell them the problem we were having, they said they had no record of our purchase. We set up an appointment for them to come out anyway. They looked at the door and said we needed a new hinge and they would contact us with the details. About a week later, they called and told us it was going to cost $285 for the hinge and the labor to replace it. We told them our paperwork/brochure said there was a lifetime warranty. They proceeded to tell us that was inaccurate and they wanted us to fax them a copy of our invoice and the product brochure which I did. During the follow-up call, they said the warranty only covered a specific model that was in the brochure but that was incorrect. The lifetime warranty showed it covered all doors sold by this company. We were then told that the hinge was covered but the labor wasn't covered which was $205 of the $285 estimate. We told them the brochure stated there was a lifetime guarantee against defective materials and workmanship. They said the cost was for labor and not defective workmanship. We told them that the screws pulled out of the tile which would be considered defective workmanship. We have an appointment scheduled for December 18th but we were told by Anthony that we had to talk to the service manager, Brian Mullins, for the appointment to even happen. We're worried the screws will come all the way out and the door will fall and break. We told Anthony that we will pay to have the hinge installed and we will seek reimbursement through other means. If we have to take them to Small Claims Court, so be it. We will be seeking the $205 installation charge unless the door breaks. If this happens, we will seek reimbursement for a new door and installation. I will never use this company again. I used to use Atlas Shower Doors but my contractor used Southgate. I hope Brian Mullins comes up with the appropriate resolution to what has been very poor customer service.

Description of Work
They did not honor the warranty on our shower door.

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

06/05/2015

Susan M.

I got top line glass and sound proofing. It went smoothly, they were professional and very courteous. They definitely knew the job. They took their time, and didn't rush through it. I am definitely going to use them again!

Description of Work
They replaced 2 bedroom windows.

04/21/2015

Will S.

1. When I called to make the appointment I was told that it would cost 220 or so dollars but that they would need the full payment in advance or at least a 10 percent deposit. I said I would pay the 10% percent deposit. But when I checked my bank the next day they had withdrawn the entire amount of 220 dollars. 2. On The first visit, the fellow took the door apart but did not do it outside even though there was a covered deck for him to work on. Instead he asked for something to lay the door on the inside the house. I got him some plastic shopping bags of the type that you buy, not the kind that you get when you buy your groceries but the kind that you carry in, very heavy duty. At first he tried to use the bags but then he decided it was too much trouble I guess because he started to lay the door on the carpeting. I had to leave but I had someone stay in the house with him in case he needed to have questions answered and when I got back he had left. He had not fixed the door nor had he told the person I had left anything about the job. He also left a large black streak in my carpeting made from the grease and grit from the bottom of the door. He had made no attempt to clean up anything. He then left a message sometime later on my phone telling me that he had to order parts but not which parts or when I could expect to hear back. The door was no better than it had been before. I had no idea what was wrong or anything. 3. Fortunately two weeks later when I got my next visit it was a different guy. He was very competent and fast and he worked outside on the deck. He was free with his information and fixed the door and installed the new sliding door nicely. But he left a black handprints all over the door and the jam. If I had dealt with the second guy the whole time I would have given a much better score. But cleanup is not one of this companies strong points it appears.

Description of Work
Replaced rollers and track on sliding door and replaced the screen door.1.

Category screen repair, replacement windows, doors

06/19/2014

Carol H.

The installation was completed in a single day. They provided a double crew to insure the work would be completed in a single day since we were going to be out of town the following day. The 3 installers arrived at the appointed time in the morning and removed the existing windows. The next two installers arrived with the windows that had been picked up at the Milgard factory that morning. All five then proceeded to install the new windows. Each worked efficiently and effectively. When the installation was complete the windows were cleaned and refuse was taken away. We really appreciated how clean the work area was after they left. Total time onsite was about 6 hours. We are very happy with the work and the new energy efficient windows.

Description of Work
Upgraded 15 old windows with Milgard energy efficient wndows.

06/10/2014

Carol W.

Southgate Windows worked with Costco to give me the best window pricing available for my rental house. The house is very small and they finished the work in one day instead of two. All existing windows removed and replaced with Milgard Styleline product. They look great and we are happy with the work.

Description of Work
Replaced 9 windows

06/10/2014

Tom C.

The estimate was done quickly and responsive to my needs. However I didn't get the impression the store was very organized and could hear the manager yelling at a customer on the phone. They didn't call after providing the estimate to see if it met my needs or if I had questions.

Description of Work
Provided a timely and detailed for windows. I did not select this company because I liked another window product better

05/18/2014

Jean I.

Sale staff were helpful and patient in helping me pick a door from multiple brands and styles. Worked with me over several months. Installation was on-time and flawless.

Description of Work
Order and install fiberglass exterior door

Category replacement windows, doors

05/01/2014

SARAH A.

My experience with the employees at Southgate Glass was exceptional, from the time Jim Boller came out to give me the estimate to the time Mr. Ventura and his crew came out and did the installation. They replaced four single pane double-hung windows and one large picture window. In addition, they found dry rot on one of the outside window sills and replaced that, too. When the windows were received (after they were ordered) all of the work of installing was done in one day. The windows look great and there was no mess left for me to clean up.

Description of Work
Replaced windows.

04/22/2014

Jack W.

It went great the Tech did the inspection and felt that my windows were in very good condition and the concerns that I had were not a defect or break down of the window. He took the time to explain that the window sweating was due to the air tightness of the house and to prevent it in the future to open a window in the kitchen when cooking or washing dishes to allow the moisture to escape, so that the moisture would not collect on the inside window pane. He also suggested the same thing when showering. I will definitely call them again if I need windows or repairs.

Description of Work
The tech came out to perform a window inspection on my vinyl windows at my request because of window sweating.

04/17/2014

Jay N.

The glass person came 3days before to measure. They gave me an appt when the glass will be made and that was exact. They came on the day agreed upon. Two people showed up and worked on the window installation. And so far so good. I will call on them again for any glass services needs.

Description of Work
Repl brkn window in master bdrm

Category glass repair, replacement windows

03/28/2014

Jerry L.

Scouted and received bids from several big box stores and independents on 3 exterior doors. I, at the last moment thought of Southgate Glass on Franklin Blvd. as a final bid. To my surprise they were much less by about 20% even with one of the box store giving 15% off all special orders. Larry at Southgate was my contact and answered options and questions that only someone familiar with that product line would know. It was refreshing to get the pros/cons of my needs and relieve any concerns or point out solutions that prior customers liked and worked for them. The price was great, but equally as important was his knowledge and ease of resolving potential problems that I had not thought of Caming or no caming, Null expanders or not, which Sill needed and color recommendations worked best, extra protection on the garage jamb for dry rot (which happened on the old door), security concerns and on and on. Good company and great staff!

Description of Work
Narrow down 3 exterior doors choices for my house.

02/08/2014

Ken D.

After we first contacted Southgate to schedule our appointment we received in the mail a packet from that included window pamphlets, other information and a CD/DVD that showed us what to expect in a window replacement job. We were very impressed by this because no other company did this. This information assisted us in becoming more knowledgeable about what we needed. The first meeting was great. The sales person was very knowledgeable about his product and egress. We were provided the most detailed, professional estimate that we had seen. At the second meeting the sales person brought two people from his installation team and we went over how the job would be done. This was a very nice touch and made us feel even more comfortable. The windows we purchased were the Milgard Tuscany. These windows are excellent in Quality. We negotiated a final price, the contract was signed. The job was completed and we could not be happier. Southgate has follow up twice to make sure we are happy. We strongly recommend this company because they simply go above and beyond the other companies in professionalism and quality.

Description of Work
This provider met with us and provided us a very detailed written estimate. This vendor preformed the window replacement at our home.

11/22/2013

Robin R.

I didn't purchase a coupon, I had called another window company, and they are an older couple, so she suggested I use Southgate Glass. I really liked them. The man that came did it all by himself, which is what saved me money, because we have very large patio doors that are very tall. So the door is a lot heavier, and most companies would have sent two people, but he said he could do it all. That save me 50 or 60 Dollars.

Description of Work
We used Southgate Glass & Screen Inc. He replaced the rollers on my very large patio door.

Category doors

09/20/2013

Sage S.

Got average service in the store, but when I picked up the door three days later, the job quality was poor. The screen was wavy rather than taught. This is the second time I had this problem

Description of Work
Screen door repair

Category screen repair

[member name removed], We have been in business for over 52 years and our mission is to offer friendly and professional customer service. It looks like we failed in our mission. We would like to rectify this problem. Please contact Steve Christian, Carmichael store manager, at 916-480-0303 at your earliest convenience.

09/17/2013

Robert L.

I only had them do the replacement of the window, which was done very well and quickly. I did the installation of the screen that they made.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken window, replaced a screen

Category screen repair, replacement windows, doors

04/29/2013

Shelley J.

They came out and replaced the window. They came out one day and took measurements and brought the window back the next day. They also reattached my sun shade on my window it fell off again and they came right back to repair it. They are always professional and prompt with reasonable prices. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Southgate Glass & Screen Inc replace my broken window about 2 weeks ago.

02/25/2013

Paul M.

The came out to the house, measured the windows, gave me a very competive estimate, and did the work. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They removed, replaced, and cleaned up after replacing failed double glazed windows.

02/12/2013

Keith L.

We called Southgate about a vertical sliding window where one of the sash balances had broken. I'd taken the part out of the window frame in order to get the window closed. Southgate answered the phone quickly, and after some quick questions, asked for the part number on the sash balance. They recommended that both sash balances be replaced, provided a reasonable quote, and scheduled the work at a time that was good for us. The Southgate technician called to confirm the day of the appointment, came out right on time, and did the work quickly and very well. He also made some suggestions on what I could do myself to keep my windows working well longer. All in all, the repair could not have been easier. My highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Fine job fixing

11/06/2012

Dave S.

From the start they where awesome. Really responsive and polite. Great prices. I needed the window replaced fast for a home appraisal and called a few places. They where the only ones able and willing to do it on short notice. They recommended a new way of tinting it, came out perfect. They replaced it really fast and have had no issues to date. Would use them again for sure.

Description of Work
Replaced a large tinted window in my master suite.

08/25/2012

Michael H.

It was difficult to find a contractor to replace our windows. We had at least 8 companies come out to bid. Of those, only 4 actually submitted one. We decided on Southgate as a family member had used them before so we knew the quality and treatment we should expect. The quote took a little longer than I expected as the estimator made it sound like he plugs the dimensions into a computer software program and it automatically gives a number. That did not seem to be the case as it took about 10 days to get the quote. The quote increased slightly because the estimator, nor his handy software, were familiar with the Milgard product enough to know the style we chose could not be made in a tight enough radius for two of our arched windows. We agreed to pay half the difference, and after arguing for a week, they agreed to pay the other half. The crew was very courteous and conscientious of our 8 month old son and his nap times. They did an awesome job not leaving any windows out overnight or leaving a mess between work days. They created no dust in the house and left not one scrap of debris outside, I was amazed. I am very picky when it comes to people doing work in our house and I could not find one issue with their work, nothing. They were even gracious enough to leave a few of the vinyl interior cover strips in case we remodeled in the future we could easily replace with new ones.

Description of Work
Replace 25 windows in 2 story home with updated vinyl low E windows.

08/20/2012

Bonne J.

TERRIBLE DELAYS! I would not reccomend this company if you actually want work to be done.! We needed a patio wall screened in. When I called they said they could do the project and went to the trouble of sending someone out to look and take measurements. Dave said we would have a quote/estimate by Mon. or Tues. (this was Fri.) We waited 2 weeks before we called just thinking they were busy. No one could find our quote in the system and the boss Brian was out the rest of the week. They were going to look and call us. No one did! We called again and the kid that answered the phone said he would find the info/estimate and call us back with an update. Never did! We called again and finally talked to Brian who still said they could do the work and would send us an estimate to my email. We did finally get a quote and had a couple of quick questions which we wanted to discuss but Brian never called us back. We emailed our questions and he never responded. This company hung us up for a MONTH! Always saying they wanted the job and could do the job. but apparently not. Maybe they do good work but we will never know and have no desire to find out now.

Description of Work
no services performed! could not get them to respond in a timely manner. very unprofessional!

Category decks

01/05/2012

Derrell K.

Arrived as agreed to provide estimate and was very helpful and professional. Arranged for company representative to come and detail work needed to be done and sign contract. Installers arrived as scheduled and completed job as agreed. Company arranged for stucco contract to come next day to finish exterior work. Very happy with the work and final product.

Description of Work
Replaced two patio sliding doors

Category doors

08/11/2010

Laura K.

They provided us with a new frame/screen in just a couple of days for a price I thought was very reasonable.

Description of Work
They replaced a broken frame/ripped screen with a new one.

Category screen repair, replacement windows