Silverhawk Handyman Services

Founded 1977 • With Angi since April 2015

4.4

6020 Green Glen Way

Sacramento, CA 95842

I work mainly by myself, but I do have qualified laborers when needed. All work is guaranteed for workmanship. I have a 4-hour minimum at $50/hour. Additional work after the first 4 hours is only $35/hour. During the year, I do several specials.

12/01/2021

COLLEEN O.

I asked him initially if he can do the job and said he can do it all. I gave him the box for the motion detector and leave, then I came back after almost an hour and saw that he hasn't done anything. I asked him to install the mini blinds but he got it upside down and corrected it after I help him to follow the instructions. It shouldn't take long , it can only take 15 to 20 mins. The price should be $50/hour as stated on his profile and he said it's $60. I still pay him $60 for 1 hour work and he got upset because he's been here for more than 2-3 hours but he hasn't done anything and he apologized for that. My take on this is he should be upfront and honest on what he can and cannot do. I think he is good in other work like concrete but not these services I requested.

Description of Work
suppose to install motion detector in the garage, install mini blinds and replace the bathroom fan

07/19/2018

Megan W.

David rebuilt the hazardous pillar in less than three days - through peak Sacramento heat! It looks great and feels solid. He also removed some broken iron parts, and left the area heater than when he started. He is professional in a relaxed and friendly way.

Description of Work
Repair of a brick and iron garden wall, including rebuilding a support pillar

Category handyman service, masonry

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was my privilege to work with your wonderful family, especially the little ones. I so appreciate your good words and as a good customer I will always be there at your beckon call.

01/01/2018

Jan B.

Not well. The trim doesn't match the rest of my house.

Description of Work
Dry rot repair for window frames.

12/30/2017

Sheryl S.

They were nice and got the job done. They explained what was happening all along the way. I did not feel that the concrete was laid correctly and there was a mix up with office staff on when they would do the work. The owner of the company did call me and the mix up was taken care of after that. They do not help with flooring contractors they've worked with so I had to find someone on my own to remove and replace my laminate flooring to get access for the repair. That additional difficulty and expense was somewhat unexpected. Overall, the job is done and they did an good job.

Description of Work
Replaced a portion of pipe under my kitchen to fix roots in the pipe.

Category handyman service, drain pipe

12/27/2017

pat M.

Good, but don't ask this handyman to do anything else. His expertise is only in the replacement of rotted wood. He's good at that though, and a nice guy !

Description of Work
Dry rot work on a gazebo.

Category handyman service, woodworking

12/12/2017

Kelli G.

Perfect! He did above and beyond what I needed. I will hire him for many more projects.

Description of Work
Replaced areas of dry rot under our siding on the front of the house. His work was so good we have hired him to help with other projects as well. I am very thankful to have found him.

11/30/2017

John P.

He's an all around good guy. I'm going to definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
He helped me put up my Christmas decorations.

Category holiday decorators

11/17/2017

Frank C.

It went really well. They were very quiet and did a good job.

Description of Work
They put up my Christmas lights.

Category holiday decorators

11/09/2017

willie M.

difficult task yet he did excellent job!

Description of Work
Repair placed T-111 siding around upstairs window.

10/25/2017

eileen R.

Excellent job by David- He did a wonderful job for a great value and is a really good person as well!

Description of Work
Window repairs

09/29/2017

Emmanuel I.

I purchased a deal. His process is slow. He is a nice dude but he does the jobs kind of slow. He is friendly.

Description of Work
He did minor handyman services around the house.

07/27/2017

Patrick A.

I had a very hard time finding the right handyman through Angie's List. The first guy missed appointments. Some of them didn't even bother to call back. A few said they didn't do this type of work. I finally took advantage of an Angie's List offer of 2 hours of handyman work for $99 from Silverhawk Handyman Services. David got back to me within 48 hours. We set up a time for a Thursday morning. David arrived right on time and we immediately hit it off (He's very kind and polite fellow). When I showed him the screen door, he noted that he had never done this type of work before but would give it a shot. About 30 minutes into the project, David called the manufacturer and talked with them at length about the installation. He took videos and sent them to the manufacturer so he could make sure he was doing the project correctly. Temperatures were in the high 80's and low 90's, but David kept at it until the project was done. David finished on-time and cleaned up beautifully.

Description of Work
I needed to have a Brisa Retractable Screen Door installed on my front entryway.

07/12/2017

Tim T.

I called to see if he could do this type of work and got voicemail. I left my name and reason I was calling and my contact information and never got a call back.

Description of Work
I needed flooring work done, I had some bad tiles that needed replacing in my kitchen.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

06/10/2017

Dean W.

Very easy to work with. Accommodating. Be sure to be very specific about exactly what you want and follow up checking the work.

Description of Work
A variety of small chores, sticky doors, caulking, installing blinds, etc.

05/16/2017

Candace S.

They were immediately responsive, he called back immediately after I called. He is very reasonable and honest. He did some work for my sister, so she recommended him. I actually left a key for him while I was at work, that's how much I trust him. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
They did a variety of things, they hung heavy pictures, replaced electrical wiring, rebuilt a gate, installed a large dog door, and mended a fence.

05/11/2017

Linda W.

Job was completed to my satisfaction

Description of Work
Dry wall repair

05/05/2017

John B.

"He performed a high quality job at a very reasonable price."

Description of Work
Fence repair

Category fencing

04/09/2017

BEV S.

Silverhawk spent 2 1/2 hours repairing one gutter seam with sealant--careful workmanship but slow and talkative. Had to use my ladder which was too short then had to make two runs to the store to get needed materials to install drawer handles. Again careful workmanship but spent too much time having to go to the store & talking on his cell phone. Maybe my expectations were too high. I expected more work to be completed in 6 hours. He installed 13 handles and wanted to be hired to come back the next day to install the remainder but even subtracting the time for one of the trips to the store from his 6 hours, we still disagreed on his 6 hour work completion time. I did not hire him to come back!

Description of Work
Gutter seam repaired and drawer/cabinet hardware installed Tried to call the night before his scheduled day to tell him to bring his ladder and needed tools for installing hardware but could not reach him or leave a message.

03/27/2017

gayle G.

It was awesome. He was great. He was just wonderful. Everything he did was great. A definite A. The price was reasonable. I paid more than the original $199 because I needed extra time, had extra things done. He came back the next day because I needed more stuff. He was very friendly and honest. I'm already thinking of things for him to do. I've needed a handyman and I found a good one. A friend of mine wants to use him, too. I recommend him. He worked for two days, twelve hours total. It's an awesome experience. He was very friendly and honest. He gave a fair price. I'm very, very satisfied.

Description of Work
He put in some shelves for me, he put up the TV mount. He put up shelves in the laundry room.

03/22/2017

Lynda & Paul D.

I called him to get an estimate for what it would cost to install a new hardwood floor (What the extra cost would be on top of this deal). It states in the deal that this can go towards flooring. When I talked to him I wanted to find out what the extra cost would be before he started the work, but he stated that he was unable to give me the cost before starting. I am going to be looking for someone else who can tell me what the cost would be before they start the work.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for $200 for Four Hours of Handyman Service of off Angie's List.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

03/06/2017

James H.

Work was done and the provider cleaned up afterwards. Very friendly, professional, and personable.

Description of Work
Drywall crack repairs and resurfacing of affected wall areas.

03/03/2017

Bipin S.

David got the job done. He did stop and ask a lot of questions before and during the job, but I would much rather he ask than not. The job was done professionally even if it took a little over the estimated time and most importantly it didn't require another appointment to finish up.

Description of Work
Dry wall repair.

02/23/2017

MARY S.

He was excellent! He did an excellent job all the way around. I had 2 Big Deals from them, cause I hit it twice apparently. It covered both of them. He was very responsive.

Description of Work
He put up some outside posts for us to support our patio cover. He did a very good job of putting up some cold protectors for our plants. He put screws in and put them up so I could put them up and down without having to go and pull them back out and hang them over the nail, the holder on the patio.

01/16/2017

Donna N.

The work went very smoothly, though it did take longer than I expected. But you can't argue with results. From initial response to appearing at my door, Mr. Silverhawk was prompt, and left only his handiwork - no mess! This was the least expensive way to go to get back the crisp appearance of both entry doors.

Description of Work
I needed repairs to damage done by a previous psycho-dog. Drywall and door trim repair and paint. Additional hinge installed. Materials purchased at local home improvement store included trim, screws, paint matched to current colors.

01/13/2017

Ruby V.

He is a nice guy. A little chatty for someone I am paying to do work. I needed curtain 2 sets of curtain rods and some 3 shelves hung in the living room. In my opinion 4 hours should have been ample time to perform these tasks. He was working 90% of the time but he is slow. He didn't clean up after himself, and the job is not complete. I need to run out and get screws to finish the work, because the ones I had didn't fit. That isn't his fault, He went over and I had to pay additional money.

Description of Work
I needed curtain 2 sets of curtain rods hung, and some 3 shelves hung in the living room.