Sam the Handyman

Sacramento, CA 95826

None

08/14/2017

Margaret C.

He has always done very good work for a reasonable price. My only "complaint" at this point is that the last time we called him, he was booked up.

Description of Work
We have used him several times for minor jobs. He has fixed toilets, installed my kitchen faucet, replaced our door bell.

Category handyman service

Thanks for the great review! Sorry I couldn't help you the last time you called. It has been a very busy year, my regular customers have kept me booked at least a month out. Hope I can help next time. Thanks! Sam

06/28/2017

Charles H.

Very helpful and fit us in to his busy schedule.

Description of Work
Repaired a fence for us.

Category handyman service

Thanks for the great review! Hope to help you again when you need help. Sam

06/27/2017

John H.

He was quick, professional and left everything clean and tidy.

Description of Work
Fix garbage disposal, shot glasses don't grind up very well.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Thanks again for the great review!

04/07/2017

John H.

Sam (James) came in fixed the problem and cleaned up. Work was done for my Granddaughter who is a co-owner of the home and was very stressed over the situation. Sam made it all better. JOB WELL DONE.

Description of Work
Repaired of garbage disposal and dishwasher - drainage problem.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Very glad I could help! Thank you for the great review! Sam.

12/05/2016

Diana L.

Called Sam on a Sunday afternoon and he was able to fit me in the next day in the late afternoon. Did a great job; very efficient and a very good price.

Description of Work
I hired Sam the Handyman to repair an issue with my faucet and to replace the ballast in a light fixture.

08/30/2016

Valarie M.

Perfect!!!!!!! This was my first time using Angie’s list and I must admit I was somewhat skeptical. I called Sam and told him about my issues. Sam came out on a Saturday afternoon just as he promised and was able to fix all my issues. He was very through, explained problem and answered all my questions. I don’t need to look for anyone else. Thank you Sam.

Description of Work
Repaired my door bell, leaking sprinkler, and hallway light.

Category electrician, handyman service

10/06/2015

Margaret C.

This was an emergency as the broken door made me feel very vulnerablel. Even though it was after hours, Sam came in response to my urgent call and immediately diagnosed the problem and fixed it. Sam is the original Have Drill Will Travel man who can be called upon for just about anything. He is the most skilled, reliable, and reasonably priced handyman I have ever encountered.

Description of Work
Repaired the door into my garage. This was an emergency as the automatic closing mechanism suddenly went out and the door would not close.

Category handyman service, doors

Thanks for the great review! Glad I could help! See you next time! Sam

08/02/2015

Margaret C.

I seem to remember having Sam do some repairs more recently, but can't find it in my datebook. I know this wasn't the only time he did work for me. I wasn't aware he was on Angie's List, so had neglected to give him the review he deserved. Sam is a super person to have in your contact list. He can do just about anything and do it well. He is honest and reasonably priced. He works by the hour so everything is completely aboveboard. I have recommended him on NextDoor, the neighborhood Internet site, and I have noticed other customers who cite his good work in my neighborhood.

Description of Work
Kitchen light repairs, other minor repairs

Category electrician, lamp repair

Thank you for the great review! Hope to see you next time you need help! Thanks! Sam

06/09/2015

William I.

Sam was very thorough and completed the work as promised in a straightforward manner. Tub looks great.

Description of Work
Recaulked bathroom tub.

Thanks for the great review! See you soon for the other shower! Thanks! Sam

05/09/2015

Meghan T.

I was really happy with everything. I look forward to using him again.

Description of Work
Charged through a long list of items (repairs to deck, some demo work, sprinklers, fixed a gate, etc.) that took more or less the whole day.

Category fencing, handyman service, deck cleaning

Thanks for the great review! See you next time! Sam

05/06/2015

Nathalie B.

He was personable and did what I asked him to do. He took care of everything. I will use him again for handywork.

Description of Work
He fixed our lamp and changed a lightbulb I couldn't reach.

Category handyman service, lamp repair

04/16/2015

Lura N.

I was looking for a handyman to work on my mother's condo when I am not in town. She is in her late 80's. After reading Angie's list reviews decided to try Sam the Handyman. Sam was prompt, polite and professional. He completed the tasks requested with ease. After speaking with him during the repairs I felt comfortable having my mom use him for any tasks needed when I am not in town. I will recommend him to any person who needs home help, and will use him again in the future in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Replaced electrical plug, replaced ceiling fixture in kitchen, hung outside blinds, fixed loose light fixture.

Thanks for the great review! Glad I could help! Sam

01/26/2015

DELMA W.

Sam does the job perfect within very little time. He is honest and takes time to answer any question I may have. I have used him many, many, times and I would never think of calling anyone else.

Description of Work
Attached my can crusher to the garage wall. Attached my new dryer vent to the outside of my garage and pulled out dryer to attach my new dryer hose. Put a new license plate cover onto my car.

Category handyman service

Thanks for the great review! Let me know when you are ready for more help! Thanks! Sam

09/02/2014

Linda I.

I had the side fence in my back yard fall down due to rotting fence posts. He was able to use metal posts and some extra boards to reuse the wood and posts from the existing fence and build it back up. The fence is sturdy and I believe will last long enough until it needs full replacing. He was very professional, returned phone calls and provided a written estimate timely. Although he was sick on the scheduled day of repair, he was quick to let me know and showed up promptly on the rescheduled date. I will definitely call on him again for my handyman needs!

Description of Work
Fence repair.

Category fencing, handyman service

Thanks for the great review! See you next time. Sam

07/24/2014

Carol H.

sam was punctual and fully prepared to work. he started with the dishwasher drain where he cleaned out the line from the garbage disposal to the air gap. he also replaced the air gap. then he cut some lumber for me. next he attached a piece of lattice to the roof of my cat run that had fallen through. lastly, he cut down a crepe myrtle bush/tree for me. he did all this in less then an hour and a half. sam is professional, efficient and dependable. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a handyman and I would use him again in a heartbeat! thank you sam!

Description of Work
fixed my dishwasher drain problem, attached a piece of lattice to a small room, cut some lumber for me and cut down a small tree/bush

Thanks for the great review! Glad I could help! See you next time! Sam

06/14/2014

Joshua H.

The light works fine and I will likely be calling him again.

Description of Work
I had purchased an LED strip light that needed installation. It was easy to arrange for a time to do this by e-mail. He responded promptly to all my e-mails. He was able to install the light today rapidly and it works great.

Category electrician, handyman service

Thanks for the great review! Hope to help you out when you have need of a handyman in the future. Sam

05/02/2014

Judy F.

Sam was on time and did a wonderful job painting. He did a great job cleaning up. I even paid him a little extra. Sam is worth every cent! Sam is coming back to do more painting, as well as a few other installs. Thank You Sam!!

Description of Work
Sam painted the guest room. He was on time and did an awesome job.

Thanks for another great review! See you soon! Sam

04/29/2014

Doreen D.

Very reasonable and gives seniors a discount.

Description of Work
He does general handyman service for me.

Category handyman service

Thanks for the review! See you soon for more work! SAM

04/26/2014

Judy F.

It went well. He always does great work!! But one main thing is that he figured out a way to put trim around a new vanity light. My friend installed it and it doesn't look so good. Sam suggested framing it. That would def help it look better! Sam is coming back to paint and make the light look better. Sam rocks!!!

Description of Work
Sam did odd jobs for me. A lot of little things.

03/17/2014

Joan P.

It's a miracle! I call and he shows right up! He doesn't over charge and he is very good.

Description of Work
He replaced a ceiling fan in my bathroom and put some new valices in.

Category ceiling fans

Thanks for the great review! See you for the next round of repairs. Sam

01/28/2014

Linda D.

Sam was great! I had several things to fix or assemble and he did a wonderful job. I wii be using his service again. He was on time and very professional.

Description of Work
Assemble a kitchen island, attach a mirror, finish putting a day bed together.

Category handyman service

Thanks for the quick and great review. See you again soon! SAM

01/07/2014

Karen D.

Sam matched the height and did a great job on the baseboard. He had the right equipment and did a quick and efficient job.

Description of Work
Sam cut and fitted a baseboard for us. He did a great job and for a fair price. We would use him again.

Category handyman service

Thanks for the review! Hope to help you with any future needs! SAM

11/20/2013

Donna M.

Repaired broken section of good neighbor fence.

Category fencing

Thanks for the review! Hope to help you in the future! SAM

10/28/2013

Sandra S.

Sam is great to work with, does quality work, offered suggestions and solutions, and really tried to be flexible to fit in all my various projects within the timeline I had. Sam has lots of regular customers & I am now one of them.

Description of Work
I hired Sam to do a whole list of things including installing baseboards, door moulding, new doors, new bathroom fixtures, bath cabinet install, hardwood floor moulding, replacing light fixtures, installing a new screen door, & I'm sure some other things I 'm forgetting.

Category handyman service, woodworking

Thanks for the great review! It was great working with you! Look forward to working more with you in the future! SAM

10/08/2013

JANET T.

Thank you for helping in the evening and someone I believe I can rely upon!

Description of Work
Fixed my toilet!

Category handyman service

Thanks for the review! Look forward to helping you in the future! Price for the job was actually $50 to replace the toilet filler valve. Thanks! SAM

Ouzts Construction

Dependable Rooter and Plumbing

Dependable Rooter and Plumbing is your #1 choice for all residential service and repair needs in Placer and Sacramento counties. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we take care of all your plumbing needs, and we guarantee your complete satisfaction with the final results. We are known for our dependability and our high quality of service, so you can turn to us for plumbers you can trust. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we offer emergency plumbing service for those times when you simply can’t wait for a scheduled appointment. We know how crucial it is to have serious plumbing issues immediately inspected and repaired. This is exactly why we provide our customers with fast response and service when they need immediate service.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

AAA ELECTRICAL SERVICE INC

CA. LIC # 635556 C-10 HIC. Residential & Commercial Electrical Services And Repair Sameday Service at Regular Service Rates 7 7 7-Days Straightforward Pricing Upfront Prior to Preforming any Work. Look For Money Saving Discounts on our WEB Site !!!!!!!!

Minor electrical and plumbing, woodwork, finish and trim work, sheetrock repair and painting, ceiling and bathroom fans replaced, water feature repair, sprinkler maintenance and repair, gutter cleaning and leaf clean up, deck repairs, fence and gate repair, door hardware replace, furniture assembly & installation.

Roofing, Flooring, Tile work,