Roto-Rooter

Founded 1947 • With Angi since September 2007

3.9

2551 Albatross Way

Sacramento, CA 95815

Family owned & operated in Sacramento since 1971.

06/28/2017

Andrew E.

Came promptly to the house and used snake on the main line. Seemed to clear up the problem, but a day later, the whole house was backed up again. They have a 90 day guarantee, so came back out, not so promptly this time (because technician assigned to me was held up at another job) and re-snaked the main line. Now all clear.

Description of Work
Our main sewage line needed to be cleaned out. Tree roots.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

04/04/2015

Michael N.

They are prompt but my main complaint was the price. The address is a rental and I was dealing with them from out or the area. I think for the work they did I overpaid but ,I was basically forced to get the problem fixed.

Description of Work
Cleared out main sewer line

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

11/23/2014

Rosalyn W.

I was very pleased with the service and the technician. Technician was on time, professional and most helpful. He explained what needed to be done and the charges for the plumbing repairs.

Description of Work
Cleared toilet drain stoppage and replaced toilet tank valve and flapper

11/09/2014

Roy G.

Happy Rooter came out and I was happy with their service and price. I have used them in the past and will do so again.. Their technician said that a pressure wash of a line is typically used by restaurants who have grease bulld-up in their lines. Happy rooter charged me $102.50 to clear my line!

Description of Work
The technician suggested a pressure wash on the line with an estimate of $535.00. I thought this was outrageous and told him so. He offered to run a snake through the line for $235.00. He gave a written estimate and left when i declined the service.. Technician's name was Joe (530)333-5960.

02/11/2014

Dana B.

The dispatcher let me know a serviceman would call within the hour to let us know they were on the way, and they did. To start they would use a toilet auger, if the drain cleared the charge would be $175, This solution did not work. We were told it would cost $750 because the house is older with no drain cleanout installed, the serviceman said that he would need another person to assist him to access the drain from the roof vent. We told the man that we didn't have that money available so he would have to come back another time. He said that it would cost $100 for his visit today if he left without fixing the drain, and when we had the money it would cost us another $750. We were quite panicked because we didn't have the $750 and we could not afford to lose $100 and still not have the drain fixed. We agreed to have the work done, without knowing how we would get the money together. The second man arrived quickly and within 10 minutes of his arrival the drain was cleared and he was gone. The first serviceman cleared up the remaining gear and collected my check. I have called Roto-Rooter on several occasions after my service date trying to speak with someone about the bill; either no one answers the phone, they take a message and don't return my call, or the Accounting person is gone for the day. I thought the price for the service was 2X what I was prepared to pay and I felt forced to pay it or lose $100. There is no clear pricing structure and the terms and conditions on the back of the work order is so faint, you can't read them. I feel taken advantage of, I will never use Roto-Rooter again.

Description of Work
Used vent pipe on roof to clear tree roots clogging drain.

04/17/2013

Henry H.

My experience with them was okay. He came, professional and efficient. He had some suggestions for future preventive maintenance. He did what he needed to do, explained what happened and he's gone. He was courteous, service was thorough, didn't take all day and that what I like about it.

Description of Work
We used Roto-Rooter Plumbers for plumbing services.

03/25/2013

Jennifer J.

Very well....best service provided ever compared to other companies used over the last 40 years!

Description of Work
My phone call was quickly attended to and Joe, the technician, responded in a timely manner. I discussed with him the nature of the problem which he evaluated and told me the options available to solve the problem. Joe fixed the clogged lines and offered suggestions. As a result I requested that his company follow up twice a year as a preventative measure. I am very pleased with the service provided and the professionalism of the company from my first call to problem fixed. Thank You!

02/08/2012

david P.

I would definitely refer them. They were responsive, punctual, and professional. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They replaced a couple of pipes and cleaned out a drain.

10/14/2011

tyler S.

One other comment is that when he told me it would be 3000.00 for a new pump I asked if it could be rebuilt and he called his boss and told me it would be 1850.00-2450.00 to rebuild. When I told him I'd like to see if I can find one cheaper he informed me that if could find the pump cheaper then he would have to charge me a lot more to put it in because Roto Rooter up charges for their pumps. I found out the pump cost 1100.00 and Roto Rooter wanted to charge me 3000.00. Additionally the company I called to rebuild it stated it would only be 400.00-550.00, not the 1850.00-2450.00 that Roto Rooter qouted me.

Description of Work
I had a problem with what is called a Grinder pump, which pumps sewage upgrade to the sewer. I was quoted 485.00 to fix it and asked for it in writing and he said he would give me a copy of the estimate but never did. He proceded to remove the pump and then informed me he tested the pump and that it was bad and that it was 3000.00 for a new pump plus 500.00 to re-install it and 500.00 for new electrical work for the new pump, bringing the total to 4000.00 to 4500.00 I told him I wanted to seek another opinion so he charged me 300.00 for minimal work to pull the pump. I took the pump to an electic motor rebuild company and the pump was tested and worked. Turned out the breaker in the electrical panel for the pump went bad and cost me 50.00 to replace. I put the pump back in myself and had to repair the PVC piping as he cut it right next to the inlet to take it out. So he tried to get 4000.00-4500.00 out of me and it only cost 50.00. Coincidentally, a week later my neighbors Grinder Pump alarm went off and they called a similar company called Rescue Rooter and were told the same thing that Roto Rooter told me, that it would 4-5 thousand. I intervened after having learned quite a bit and it was there breaker and floats which cost a total of 300.00. This is a scam and i imagine a lot of people just tell them to go forward with the work and get ripped off for thousands. Gives plumbers a real bad name and makes me think in a bad economy these guys are going to get whatever they can and most people probably get scammed. I would not call Roto Rooter if my life depended on it.

06/24/2011

Renee B.

They were really fast in doing the work. They were very friendly. Their service was very fast. Their price was high. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Roto Rooter Plumbers probably two years ago. They did drain cleaning.

10/21/2010

LINDA T.

After they said it would be an additional $500.00 I asked them to leave. The next day I took a snake and unplugged my toilet in less than 10 minutes. I do not believe these people are honest. They have horrible reviews here in Seattle. Unfortunately, I just discovered them. I will never use them again.

Description of Work
They gave me a written estimate. They snaked my drain and then said it would be an additional $500.00 to get my toilet unplugged. They sent two trucks and two men. One just sat and play with his phone.

10/13/2007

Adrian O.

My house is over 50 years old, and the tap water is very hard. The trap beneath the sink had become completely clogged and when James Taylor, the plumber, attempted to remove it, the pipe/trap broke. The replacement of the pipe/trap and the installation of the new faucet did not go smoothly. This was principally due to the age of the piping and the extreme calcification of the plumbing throughout. What started as a relatively simple and quick job turned into a nearly day long ordeal for Mr. Taylor. Throughout the process Mr. Taylor was friendly and professional. He did good work under difficult circumstances, and only charged us for 1.5 hours of labor for completing something that took considerably longer. Overall, we are very satisfied with the work he completed.

Description of Work
A drain unclogged and new bathroom faucet installed.

10/01/2007

SANDRA T.

I was very pleased with the man who came out, whose name is Dave (#31117.) He was very helpful and gave me advice on a couple of other things as well. I always am very satisfied with them and have used them many times.

Description of Work
They replaced some pipes in my bathroom sink that were leaking badly.

09/13/2007

SUZANNE M M.

It was coming loose and when I asked them about coming to fix it, they never responded. The base kept falling off all the time and eventually we had to have someone else come to fix it. They should have called me back to explain why they didn't come out to fix the problem. I thought it was very rude of them.

Description of Work
They put in a new faucet in my bathroom sink.

09/10/2007

LEE K.

I am very happy with them and their services. I've been using them for some years now and haven't had any problems with them thus far. They come in and roto root and leave just like that. The prices are very fair and they always do a very good job cleaning up before leaving. I will definitely be using them more in the future to come in and do that septic cleaning work. They work fairly quickly

Description of Work
I have Roto Rooter come in and clean my septic line once a year for me because of tree debris. I have a standard 450 tank they work on.

Category septic tank

09/10/2007

DEBRA C.

I thought they did really well. They found the problem within a half an hour and were able to make the repair at a reasonable cost. I found that the technicians were very personable and polite and they followed through and honored the quote that was given to me by phone.

Description of Work
They unclogged the sewer line in my 1600 square foot home.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

08/06/2007

DAN K.

I thought the gentleman who came out to fix the problem was good. He unclogged the pipe quickly and he showed up in a uniform. I don't think it was expensive. It was worth the price for sure.

Description of Work
Roto-Rooter cleared a clogged pipe outside the house. The job took about 45 minutes to complete.

10/19/2006

SHARON R.

The employee came on time, gave me all the information that I requested, and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
The company cleared out a clogged drain line outside my house.

05/04/2006

THEY CAME OUT DIRECTLY AFTER I CALLED THEM AND GOT RIGHT TO WORK. THEY KNEW JUST WHAT TO DO. THEY HAD EVERYTHING FIXED IN ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES. THEY SAVED MY KITCHEN FROM BEING FLOODED.

Description of Work
THEY HAD TO TAKE THEY PIPES UNDER MY SINK APART TO UNCLOG THEM.

04/27/2006

WE HAD TO FIX THE TOILET OURSELVES BECAUSE ROTO ROOTER WOULD NOT FIX IT. THEY SAID IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH LIABILITY. THEY SHOULD JUST DO WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO. WE DID NOT PAY THEM ANY MONEY BECAUSE THEY DID NOT DO ANYTHING.

Description of Work
I CALLED ROTO ROOTER TO COME AND FIX MY CLOGGED TOILET.

04/27/2006

THEY WERE A VERY DEPENDABLE COMPANY. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WITH THEM WAS THAT THEY TORE UP SOME CONCRETE TO REPAIR PIPE AND SAID THEY WOULD COME BACK WHEN IT GOT WARMER TO REPLACE THE CONCRETE AND NEVER DID.

Description of Work
INSTALLED A PLUMBING CAMERA AND FOUND THAT PIPE NEEDED TO BE REPLACED AND REROUTED.

04/27/2006

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE. THE MAN WHO CAME TO MY HOUSE WAS A THIEF. HE STOLE KEYS TO MY HOUSE AND SHED. HE TOOK TOOLS OUT OF MY SHED WHEN I WAS NOT HOME. THIS WAS A BAD EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
THEY CAME AND FIXED A LEAKING PIPE UNDER MY BATHROOM SINK.

04/27/2006

THEIR PRICE WAS EXCELLENT. ESPECIALLY THEY CAME OUT AFTER HOURS. HAD THEY NOT COME WHEN THEY DID I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FEED OR BATH MY CHILDREN. I TRULY APPRECIATE ALL THEIR HAD WORK.

Description of Work
THEY CAME LATE IN THE EVENING TO REMOVE ROOTS FROM MY DRAIN LINES.

04/27/2006

I CALLED ROTO ROOTER AND THEY CAME OUT THE NEXT DAY. THERE IS NOTHING THAT REALLY STANDS OUT ABOUT THE COMPANY THEY JUST DID THE JOB AND I HAVE NO REASON TO COMPLAIN.

Description of Work
THEY UNCLOGGED OUR PIPES.

11/06/2005

JEFF D.

THEY CHARGED ME FOR THE ESTIMATE IF I WASN'T GOING TO USE THEM. I DID AND THEY TOOK THE ESITMATE OFF THE FINAL PRICE. THEY WENT UNDER THE HOUSE AND REPAIRED THE HOT WATER LINE.

Description of Work
THEY CAME AND REPLACED A WATER LINE TO THE HOT WATER THAT WAS LEAKING UNDER THE HOUSE.

Zoom Drain

Here at ZOOM DRAIN, we are proud to be your drain and sewer experts. We provide residential and commercial drain and sewer services. From sinks, toilets, and tubs to main drains, roof drains, storm drains, and anything else that carries water, we've got you covered. Providing services that are fast, focused, and ensure the job is done right the first time is the motto we have always stood by and continue to follow. We go above and beyond on every job until the problem is resolved. It's our mission to show you how these qualities set us apart from other companies.

2022 Super Service Award

River City Water Heaters and Plumbing

River City Water Heaters is run by two longtime friends that go way back. Starting off as plumbers, they then found an interest in working with water heaters. Now, they offer 24 hour emergency water heaters for the people in and around Sacramento because they know what it’s like to have something go wrong in the middle of the night and not know who to call. Thankfully, River City Water Heaters & Plumbing will come to the rescue.

Dependable Rooter and Plumbing

Dependable Rooter and Plumbing is your #1 choice for all residential service and repair needs in Placer and Sacramento counties. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we take care of all your plumbing needs, and we guarantee your complete satisfaction with the final results. We are known for our dependability and our high quality of service, so you can turn to us for plumbers you can trust. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we offer emergency plumbing service for those times when you simply can’t wait for a scheduled appointment. We know how crucial it is to have serious plumbing issues immediately inspected and repaired. This is exactly why we provide our customers with fast response and service when they need immediate service.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Repair, replacement and installation of faucets, sinks, toilets, tubs, sewers, foundation tiles, plumbing, water heaters, sump pumps, and water & gas lines.