River City Fireplace & Barbeque

Sacramento, CA 95825

River City Fireplace & Barbeque

04/22/2014

Sue W.

I had Mike from River city fire and BBQ come to my home and give me ideas about what could be done for a fire place. After finding what I wanted and what would fit in my fireplace I started the process. I had to have a gas line placed and Mike had a great referral for that. Once that was done the fireplace insert was done in one day. Mike's installer was great....took his time and a perfectionist. I was very happy with the whole process and how it turned out!

Description of Work
Bought a fireplace insert

Category fireplaces, gas leak repair

04/22/2014

JUDITH K.

After all the hassle I have been through in the past year, including "help" from the manufacturer which was not correct, I cannot tell you how pleased I was to finally see a solution. Kudos for being so pleasant, so prompt and knowing your stuff!

Description of Work
I have been looking for someone to repair a gas barbeque at my home for over a year. I called their office this morning and spoke with the most pleasant gentleman. He told me that they know a person who does the work I need done and took information from me to pass along to the contractor.

Category gas leak repair

03/31/2014

Earlene C.

Description of Work
did not show up for appointment to give estimate on cost to convert wood fireplace to gas logs

Category garage doors, fireplaces

03/03/2014

Dennis T.

Very good job. Not sure about the exact date or cost, but it was a high quality barbeque and they did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Installed new drop in barbeque into an existing cabinet

01/25/2014

Christine C.

Representative was punctual and completed task timely and also identified a safety issue with wrong connector and fixed it as well as installing door and setting up gas logs and material correctly in fireplace at no additional charge. I would highly recommend this company to anyone as they were very thorough and had my satisfaction and safety in their concerns. Excellent customer service from the representative to the owner with excellent response times and support.

Description of Work
Installed fireplace door purchased from other supplier.

12/17/2013

Roger H.

I purchased a gas fireplace insert from River City and had them install it. Everyone from the salesman, to the installers, to the support staff were very courteous, professional and helpful. Its been approximately one month since the unit was installed and we use it every night. Its great.

Description of Work
Installed a gas fireplace insert.

10/05/2013

Jennifer O.

We purchased a house with a wood burning fireplace - but it didn't have any doors on it. We have small children, so we needed to childproof it and reduce potential messiness. I called and made an appointment for an estimate. Mike came out quickly and on time. He looked around the house and suggested an antique bronze finish to match the other hardware. He measured, went back, then emailed us a few brochures with prices. We chose the style we liked and ordered. He said it would take two weeks to get the doors in. In about two weeks, he called for the install. The installer came out (on time), installed the doors, and went over cleaning/operation with us. The doors look fantastic! Mike's suggestion was right on and the doors really upgrade the look of the fireplace. Both Mike and the installer had suggestions if we ever want to convert to gas... apparently the gas lines are plumbed in so it would be easy and not very expensive.

Description of Work
Installed custom fireplace doors.

07/31/2013

mary H.

We've been satisfied by River City. I went back and got prices for another job but we didn't follow through with that. They came when they said they would for the price that they said they would. I went back to them again so we were very satisfied with them.

Description of Work
We last used River City Fireplace & BBQ several years ago, 5 or 6 years ago to change our fireplace over to the gas insert one with a blower.

07/30/2013

Daraius T.

The workers were very friendly, very knowledgeable, they were prompt, their prices were reasonable and it was just a really great experience. I'm very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
I had a new fireplace installation by River City Fireplace & Barbeque in the month of June. They installed a new fireplace with a glass door and frame and painted it and put in a new gas burner.

07/12/2013

Joett O.

It was an excellent experience. Their pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
I used River City Fireplace & BBQ last month for the installation of two gas fireplaces for me.

04/09/2013

Maria W.

Apparently to pass a House Inspection in selling one's house, a damper clamp has to be installed in a gas fireplace. We purchased the clamp from River City Fireplace for $4.00. After several unsuccessful attempts to install it ourselves, we asked River City Fireplace to help. That very day, one of their staff came over and installed it for us. It was surprisingly fast and efficient, and we are very grateful for their assistance.

Description of Work
Purchased a damper clamp and they installed it in our fireplace.

03/29/2013

JC B.

Twice "CUSTOM" made parts did not fit. Many excuses over several visits. We could never get a returned phone call. When we did talk with River City, it was always as if they were in a rush and they we were just a bother. From start to finish on the menial things we had done, it took FOUR MONTHS.

Description of Work
New fireplace face, screen doors to be put in.

02/23/2013

Stephanie C.

River City Fireplace & BB's customer service was just fine. They pretty much did what they promised and we're happy with the product that we have.

Description of Work
We bought the gas logs from them. It was for 2 fireplaces and installation.

Category gas logs

12/21/2012

Dorine S.

Overall went pretty good. John came out ahead of time to check the install.Came out the next week to install it. He was very professional and fast

Description of Work
installed gas fireplace

08/06/2012

Carlene D.

Please see above.

Description of Work
River City gave me an estimate on the purchase of an electric fireplace. He came out twice. He was very professional. His price was very competitive with the Internet. I haven't put in the electric fireplace nor have I bought one, but when that time comes, I will go with River City Fireplace & BBQs.

06/27/2012

Isaac J.

I was helped in store and made a in home appointment. Once measurements were made I was given multiple options. I picked the one I wanted without being pressured. My install appointment was made and completed. They even promptly handled a recall repair from the manufacturer.

Description of Work
A gas fireplace insert was installed in my existing wood fireplace.

05/10/2012

Karen S.

River City had a great selection of gas logs to choose from and were easy to work with. We had to have a gas line run to the fireplace. We have really enjoyed the fireplace since having the gas logs installed - and we don't have to worry about "no burn" days!

Description of Work
We converted our wood burning fireplace to gas logs.

04/25/2012

Adrienne F.

They were on time and they did a really good job. Everything was done on time. They were very professional. They didn’t make a mess like most contractors do. I checked around everywhere and they were cheaper than anybody else in town. I would use them again in the future if I needed to.

Description of Work
I used River City Fireplace & BBQ to put in a Quadra-Fire pellet stove for me.

Category garage doors, fireplaces

12/11/2011

Erin P.

The experience was perfect. This is a great example that going with a specialist can be very rewarding. We stopped by and received excellent customer service and advice in the store. The owner came by that very night to measure our fireplace. The install was very professional and the work is excellent. The owner also informed us of a local rebate program and provided all the paperwork and direction on how to complete the rebate, which was worth $300 for us. Overall this was a perfect experience and hassle-free. And we now get to enjoy the beautiful gas insert too!

Description of Work
We used this company to convert our wood burning fireplace to a gas system.

10/07/2011

Cindy M.

We found this place on Angie's List. It was our second stop. A hot September day is a great time to shop for fireplace items as the store was empty except for one of the owners. She showed us the display wall and was very knowledgable about the whole process. She estimated (very well) all the costs and told us all that would be required. She provided us with the forms to get a voucher (worth $750 in our case) from the county for the conversion. Her husband and co-owner forgot our first appointment but apologized and showed up the second time within the time frame given. He quickly measured everything and left. I received the estimate by E-mail (which was accurate to the penny). I scheduled the instillation over the phone. The installer arrived about an hour late but was otherwise very professional. He did everything needed and made sure to let us know when the electricity would be briefly turned off. Afterwards he showed us all how to operate the fireplace and remote/thermostat. He also made sure to relight all of our gas pilots throughout the house. It has barely been cold enough to use the fireplace beyond showing it off but it does warm up the room very quickly. I never had glass in front of my fireplace before and burned my arm the first time I adjusted the fan and forgot the glass.

Description of Work
We replaced our old fireplace with a gas insert. We got the remote with thermostat. The installer ran a gas and electric line to the fireplace and disabled (at our request) the line to our old heater in the same room.

06/06/2011

Elizabeth A.

They did a great job.

Description of Work
They converted my wood-burning fireplace into a gas fireplace.

05/06/2011

thomas R.

It went very well. They did exactly what they said they would do.

Description of Work
They installed a heater insert, and also installed natural gas log burners.

11/22/2008

Karen S.

The fireplace is great! Extremely easy to use - and very realistic - especially the burning embers. We were able to select the log type and layout. We are really pleased with the overall result and effect - and have enjoyed using it!

Description of Work
We converted our existing fireplace to a gas burning fireplace.

02/04/2007

Karen S.

It was very simple and easy. The store had a good selection of logs, we chose and they were installed within two weeks (during the summer). They were very helpful in the shop, and the installer was good. The fireplace looks great.

Description of Work
They installed a gas line and fireplace logs into an existing wood burning fireplace.

Category fireplaces, gas logs, gas leak repair

11/02/2005

THEY CAME OVER AND TOOK MEASUREMENTS. I WENT BACK TO THE STORE AND RETURNED THE NEXT DAY WITH THE ITEM THAT I WANTED. IT WAS INSTALLED QUICKLY AND WITHOUT PROBLEMS.

Description of Work
I BOUGHT AND INSTALLED A FIREPLACE WITH A GLASS COVER. THEY TOOK AWAY THE OLD COVER AND STUFF FREE OF CARGE.

Dependable Rooter and Plumbing

Dependable Rooter and Plumbing is your #1 choice for all residential service and repair needs in Placer and Sacramento counties. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we take care of all your plumbing needs, and we guarantee your complete satisfaction with the final results. We are known for our dependability and our high quality of service, so you can turn to us for plumbers you can trust. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we offer emergency plumbing service for those times when you simply can’t wait for a scheduled appointment. We know how crucial it is to have serious plumbing issues immediately inspected and repaired. This is exactly why we provide our customers with fast response and service when they need immediate service.

2022 Super Service Award

Armstrong Plumbing

Your Full Service Plumbing Contractor. Armstrong Plumbing has been servicing the Sacramento area for over 50 years offering commercial and residential services. From technical services to consulting; we do it all! Armstrong Plumbing is proud to be one of the few remaining non-commissioned plumbing shops providing you excellent service at a very competitive price, just read our reviews. Our superior knowledge of older homes and commercial properties is your assurance that every job site we step foot on will be cared for as if it were our own.

Alex Garage Door Services

We are professional licensed garage door company with very experienced technicians. We do all kind of garage and gate repairs and replacement. WE DO FREE ESIMATES!! WE HAVE GREAT PRICES!! WE HAVE OVER 5 YEARS EXPERIENCES!! WE DO FREE DOOR SERVICES AND TUNE UP WITH ANY SERVICES!! FOR ALL REPAIRS SUCHS AS: *broken springs *off track *opener repair *cables *door not opening and closing *etc fOR ALL REPLACEMENT SUCH AS: *new garage door replacement *new opener replacement *new panel *etc We want to make our customer happy and satisfied with what you need help with, customer is our first priorities, don't hesitate to give us a call!!

2022 Super Service Award