Precision Refinishing

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2005

2841 Camarillo Dr

Sacramento, CA 95833

Precision Refinishing is a family business that has been providing quality and professional service since 2001 in The Greater Sacramento Area for home owners, rental housing and hotel/motel chains. We have low overhead and pass that savings on to you. If you have a chipped, worn or stained

04/24/2014

k S.

Even though this provider doesn't do work in my area, he promptly responded to my email with information on the process, costs, and recommended two other companies who do work in my area.

Description of Work
answered inquiry

03/28/2014

Meg O.

They came on time,looked over the job and told me what needed to be done and what did not need to be fixed.They did a great job and worked fast.Did not try to cheat me like some other businesses.

Description of Work
Refinish one bath tub and fix and seal two other tubs.

12/20/2013

Juliet P.

I did not use this company?I asked them for a quote to refinish my bathtub after a rock fell in it?there was a big chip. They quoted a fair price of $350 for complete refinishing, which was far less than Miracle Method ($475). However, when I told them Miracle Method could repair the chip only for far less (instead of complete refinishing), Precision Refinishing said ?that?s a good deal, go for it!? They seem like a small business, not a national franchise, and I liked their attitude. So, although I did not use them, I?d recommend you consider them for refinishing.

Description of Work
I did not use this company—I asked them for a quote to refinish my bathtub after a rock fell in it—there was a big chip. They quoted a fair price of $350 for complete refinishing, which was far less than Miracle Method ($475). However, when I told them Miracle Method could repair the chip only for far less (instead of complete refinishing), Precision Refinishing said “that’s a good deal, go for it!” They seem like a small business, not a national franchise, and I liked their attitude. So, although I did not use them, I’d recommend you consider them for refinishing.

10/07/2013

Leonard T.

The workers arrived on time and immediately prepared the room by masking all exposed surfaces, and removing the tub drain cover. They then cleaned the tub and sprayed the polymer finish (after warning us to go outside because of the strong odor from the polymer). The next day they returned and polished up the tub, replaced the tub drain, and removed the masking. The tub looks great.

Description of Work
Refinished the bathtub with a polymer finish.

05/21/2013

Sewell S.

These guys are great. They were on time, very friendly and professional. They were thorough and explained every step in the project ahead of time. After they began the project and determined that less work was needed than the original estimate, they scaled back the scope of the project and it cost us a lot less. Our 35-year old bathtub now looks brand new. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Bathtub refinishing

02/19/2013

Kimberley K.

Contacted Precision Refinishing based on the reviews here. The owner (John) returned my call quickly and offered a quote based on the description and dimension of the job. John and his son arrived on time and started the job promptly and the project was completed in a timely manner. I am very happy with the outcome of the refinishing and the cost of the services, I would use Precision again in the future.

Description of Work
Refinishing of a shower pan in a master bedroom.

01/23/2013

Thomas B.

They did not sound super confident that they could fix what the issue was. They were perfectly professional and very helpful. I have nothing negative to say.

Description of Work
We got a quote from Precision Refinishing for fixing a stain on our countertop.

Category countertops

12/21/2012

Arif B.

Spoke with John ( owner). I am very satisfied with Precision. Thier work and service is outstanding. John is very responsive and easy to work with. I highly recommend Precision.

Description of Work
I had two bathrooms refinished.

12/02/2012

Kelly F.

John, the owner, was great. I had contacted him for an estimate and his response was fast and thorough. This was for a property we manage and the tenant stated his team was wonderful to work with and they are very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Bathtub refinish/resurface

11/04/2012

CHRIS B.

John was great about returning my calls. His price is very competitive and he does excellent work. He fully described what the refinishing process would look like and explained the benefits of refinishing over replacing the bathtub. I have tenants in both units where the bathtubs were located and he worked really well with the tenants and was very flexible with the time. I didn't want to inconvenience the tenants and he worked with me to make sure that didn't happen. I highly recommend John.

Description of Work
John and his crew refinished two bathtubs.

07/27/2012

Johnny C.

I had three contractors came over to submit bids for my three showers, the first two was well rated Angie’s List company that offered similar quotes and I’m sure they would have done a good job if I went with them. But John came in and told me there’s no reason to refinish my tubs as they are in good shape and just need minor fixing, cleaning, and touch-ups. I was impressed with his honesty and decided to hire him on the spot. Work was completed yesterday and me and my wife couldn’t be happier in the quality of work and that we saved $900 from those other quotes.

Description of Work
Repair chips, cleaned, re-grout, and apply anti-slip treatment on all three tubs.

06/21/2012

Carl D.

The tub was refinished in half a day. I did not make any attempt to prep the tub, they did the whole enchilada. They returned the next day to allow for curing and removed all trace of their activity. I was left with a gleaming tub with a hard finish. The effect was stunning, the perfect cap to all that went before it. Nice people, very thoughtful and pleasant to deal with.

Description of Work
They completely refinished a tub that had been in place since 1963. It was not a pretty sight. They cleaned the tub of all surface problems (soap scum, rust, mineral stains, etc...), apply a rub on primer coat, masked the entire room then spray an epoxy like coating. There are probably other steps but we left Jeff to his work and didn't bother him. They were very respectful of the house and our privacy. Basically "very on task" but still personable. The only do's and don'ts are to call them last. They are the last guys in on a bathroom remodel.

04/25/2012

Linda B.

Came when expected & performed work in a timely manner. The shower pan looks new.

Description of Work
Refinished bottom of shower stall

04/12/2012

Akiko H.

They were very nice. I have met with them twice. The owner is very friendly. Their price is right. The technician is very professional and knowledgeable. They are easy to talk with. The consultation was very good. I plan to use them.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote to refinish my bathroom.

03/17/2012

Bethany E.

We were able to schedule an appointment quickly (within a week). John, the owner, was very friendly and professional in all our interactions. The technician took about 2 hours to refinish the tub. The bathroom was well-prepared to prevent overspray from the refinishing process. The technician came back the next day to clean up the workspace and finalize the process. We noticed a few minor blemishes/chips in the finish after he left. We called John that afternoon and both he and the technician came back the next day to repair the blemishes. We are very happy with the result. Our tub looks fantastic and refinishing didn't break the bank.

Description of Work
Precision Refinishing refinished our home's original 1947 built-in cast iron tub

02/05/2012

Dale D.

The whole experience could not have gone better. I feel that I got much more than I expected in the way I was treated and the level of professionalism and courtesy shown to me. I also feel that my kitchen and bathroom looks as though I spent many times more than I did in reality. In these tough economic times, I am glad to have found a company that delivers what it promises and will work within my budget with no unexpected additional add ons or costs. ,

Description of Work
I have to first share with anyone reading this review that this is the best company to use for up grades to your existing kitchens and bathrooms. The experience with them was painless and there was no surprises. The owner himself came to my house and listened to my needs and scoped out the project with me. He gave me his undivided attention and listened to what I wanted and was very careful to explain each step that he would take in the renovation process. I have a older home and it was in great need for a facelift. My family was coming to my home for the holidays and it was important to me that that all the work was completed on time and finished to my expectations and on budget. . Bathroom: Precision installed new granite top on my existing bathroom cabinet and refaced the cabinet with new drawer and door fronts including drawer and door pulls. In addition the crew took great care to clean and refinish my existing tub and sink in the bathroom. It all still looks brand new. It is just as perfect now as the day they completed the work. Kitchen: I love my new kitchen. It really looks like new. My family was so impressed and complimentary about my kitchen. Precision took great care in repairing and refinishing my kitchen sinks and attaching a beautiful granite counter top. The crew that worked on my house were very professional and respectful to my property. They took great care to remove all demolition quickly and clean all the work areas before, during and after the work was complete. The technicians replaced the door and drawer fronts quickly and carefully with the precision promised. To summarize, don't waste your time on other companies, use Precision Refinishing. They will always be my first choice.

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

10/21/2010

AMY K.

I am happy with their work. It initially was not done to my satisfaction, then the owner of the company came out and redid it so it would look good. The owner of the company does stand behind his work and I was really impressed with him. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Precision Refinishing refinished our shower area for us.

09/27/2010

ROBERT S.

They did it quickly, effectively and I was happy with their services all around.

Description of Work
They refinished the shower. I found their prices reasonable. The chemicals did not smell up the house and I hardly had any odors in my house since they vented it well.

08/03/2010

Tom M.

It went well. We were a bit nervous as we had never done this before. We were also retiling our whole downstairs, putting in new windows in the whole house and doing a lot of stuff out side. So, this was big. Precison did well communicating before we signed the contract and Rafael, although he was there for the first meeting and had design input, was quiet until we started the job. Rafael helped us create the design, had ideas ( the shallow cabinet), built the cabinets, did plumbing, his crew did any lamination needed, but Rafael did all the detail and did all the granite work (he is truly talented here). We had some problems with two windows that were newly installed that had dimensions that were different than we had ordered; Rafael created solutions with his expertise with granite. it was so nice that my wife and I think it looks better than what we had planned to do. There was some granite left over and Rafael suggested and we agreed to have him create an new mantel top for our fireplace. He did the work without charging us and it looks fabulous. We loved the work Rafael did so much we asked him to put the same granite in our family room (on a long pony wall). He did it and it too is wonderful looking. We also met his son (Rafael Jr.) who assisted him along the way. We hired Jr. to do all our new baseboards and he is now in the process of doing crown moulding in three rooms. Bottom line; these guys are talented and hard working, but what makes them a cut above is that they care about doing a job that is pleasing. We will and are using them again. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
Had our kitchen cabinets refaced and then some. We wanted to create a new cabinet where one did not exist before and we wanted to enlarge our island. We also had a little corner area that was just wasted space and we wanted shallow cabinets there. Precision did a great job. Their lead designer, cabinet maker and granite expert, Rafael, did a wonderful, outstanding and very detailed job. I can't say enough about Rafael; he was hard working, detail oriented, courteous and worked well with other professionals we had working in the house at the same time. We had some issues with how new tile and cabinets would work together, how windows and granite countertops would meet etc. Rafael always came up the solution(s). He was truly amazing. Rafael also put in the new sink and garbage disposal, replumbed everything, added an instant hot-water tank and added 14 roll out shelves (the only way to go). We asked for the new small shallow cabinet to have glass in the top door and side panel and Rafael was able to do that. He also fit the top cabinet with wine glass racks. But the thing that really impressed us and what we think makes the cabinets so beautiful is that he brought color elements from the floor tile, cabinets, walls and the granite that just sing.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, glass repair, plumbing, water heater repair, replacement windows, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

04/11/2008

LINDA B.

They were good. They did the entire bottom of the shower that was somewhat discolored and checked the integrity of the grout.

Description of Work
They re-grouted the tile on the bottom of the shower to my satisfaction.

Category ceramic tile

04/07/2008

kathryn G.

I would suggest not staying in the house while this is being done. It is very stinky.

Description of Work
They refinished a bathtub, shower pan and countertop.

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops

08/06/2007

ETHEL M.

They did a really good job. At first, I wanted my countertop replaced but they went ahead and put a coating on top of it. It really made it look like marble. It was beautiful and they did an excellent job. I have not had any problems with the countertop or cabinets. Tim completed the work for me and he was excellent.

Description of Work
I had them reface about 17 cabinets in my kitchen and they also refaced my countertop.

Category countertops, cabinet refacing

04/03/2007

SANDRA T.

They said they would call a 1/2 hour before they would come, they actually called an hour before and my cell phone was on silence. They did not say to call on the message so I did not, though they still did call a half an hour before they came. They gave excellent instructions and everything turned out great.

Description of Work
They refinished a bathtub for us and repaired a chip in the tub.

10/22/2006

LINDA F.

Kathy, in the office, was very helpful and answered all my questions. Workers were very timely and professional. The refinishing looks beautiful and they did an excellent job masking off the area so there was no problems with over-spray.

Description of Work
Refinished bathtub, shower and kitchen sink.

09/20/2006

SHIRLEY R.

The crew was timely, very polite, and the price was good. There was an emergency with one of the crew, however, the young man still showed up by himself to finish the job the following day. If we had redone the bathroom with new items it would have cost us an arm and a leg. What we paid was a drop in the bucket compaired to a remodel. They have wonderful customer service skills.

Description of Work
We had our tub, all of the tile surrounding the tub, and 2 sinks, all refinished. We were amazed at how well this all turned out. It looks very nice. There was a small problem, but they immediately took care of business without a bat of an eye. They also went as far as explaining how certain products will scratch surfaces and reduce the life of tubs and sinks.