Powers Interior Contracting

Founded 1997 • With Angi since February 2008

Powers Interior Contracting is a full-service contracting firm, specializing in additions and remodels, that is dedicated to providing an experience for you, our clients, to be one of secure comfort and ease as we co-create your vision for the transformation of your home. I have assembled a team of

Johnsen BathroomThe Overly KitchenLa Cienega Dr.

home remodeling (14)water damage restoration (1)drywall (17)electrician (16)door installation (14)interior painting (12)woodworking (10)plumbers (10)window replacement (8)handyman (8)tile installation (7)roofing (6)

07/30/2021

Leigh G.

Joe did a fantastic job in repairing our patio posts and we can’t be happier with the work! He was very professional and patient dealing with our inquiries in the entire process, and paid great attention to details of the project. Everything came out beautifully and the project was a perfect exercise in all aspects! Thank you Joe for what you did for us and we wish you the best of luck in your business as you deserve it!

Description of Work
Replace two dryrotted Pergola Posts

Work Completed On 07/29/2021

07/02/2021

Carolyn C.

Joe Powers is an excellent contractor who is professional and was patient working with my mom, who was nervous due to scope of work needed and how much it would cost. He answered all her questions no matter how simple or complex and thoroughly explained them until she understood. Excellent all around!

Description of Work
repair exterior wall collapsing, foundation repair

Category appliance repair, siding, water damage restoration, stucco, house painters, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/19/2021

10/20/2020

Reggie S.

Joe does excellent work, honest and fair. Couldn’t be happier with the work performance.

Description of Work
Remodeling of Master Barhroom/ Kitchen & Tile Work

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, glass repair

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

01/18/2020

Juana L.

The entire project was smooth and excellent. Joe communicated with me on a daily basis and kept me informed of progress. Joe was professional at all times.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category contractors, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

Review for Powers Interior Contracting - 4781 Oakhollow Dr, Sacramento, CA - 38337666

10/25/2019

v H.

excellent as always. We love Joe's work and we'll use him again in the future

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

10/25/2019

Richard B.

Joe and his crew did a great job. He was on time, professional and the completed work was excellent. We would definitely hire Joe for a future project. .

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, remodeling, replacement windows, stucco

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

09/25/2019

Corinne W.

This is the second time we’ve used Joe and his team for a remodeling project. The first was a full kitchen relocation/remodel, restroom addition and restructuring the great room layout. This project was our master bath remodel, and his team member Daniel took the lead on the project. Per usual, Joe and Daniel didn’t disappoint! Attention to detail was phenomenal, professionalism was top notch, and the job was completed with permits to code. They gutted the entire bathroom, moved plumbing, moved ceiling heights, replaced a window, adding lighting, installed new vanities and fixtures and completed a full bathroom re-tile. It’s rare to find a great contractor, and one you would invite into your home for more projects time in and time again. Just be mindful that some projects may not be completed on time, but this is due to attention to detail, and Joe always making sure that every part of the job is completed to the highest standard. Thanks Joe and Daniel!! Great work, as always. See you for the next project!

Description of Work
Remodeling of the Master Bathroom

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

Review for Powers Interior Contracting - 4781 Oakhollow Dr, Sacramento, CA - 38146411

11/03/2018

Andrea B.

Joe did a great job! We had an open loft that he turned into a bedroom and it looks like it was never an add on. We are happy customers!

Description of Work
Converted loft into a bedroom

Category drywall, picture framing, remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

10/29/2018

John E.

Contractor was very thorough and detail in his work. The project looks great.

Description of Work
We created a Bonus Room by tearing down an interior wall between bedroom and small den.

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, remodeling

Work Completed On 07/15/2018

06/25/2018

Jessica J.

Work was needed quickly before house sale. Also provided quote for additional work. Joe was friendly and responsive.

Description of Work
under floor supports

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

06/17/2018

Teresa T.

My house has a long living room/dining room and I have been using the dining room part as my home office. I wanted to have a divider wall with a framed doorway put in to officially separate the 2 rooms. I know this is a small job so some contractors were not interested. However Joe Powers told me he could do my job between some of his larger jobs. He did it in 3 days spread over a week. The wall was framed, taped, and textured and new electric outlets were put in. Everything went according to plan and looks great! Joe and his assistant were prompt, professional, and courteous and cleaned up at the end of each day. If I have more jobs, I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Build a divider wall to separate living room from dining area

Work Completed On 06/16/2018

05/08/2018

Derrick S.

Joe is extremely patient and thorough. Even when unexpected situations came up, he was calm and helped us make the best decision. Joe stuck to his quote. Some unexpected county fees made the project price increase, but that was not Joe’s doing. I’d highly recommend him for a project like ours. He was extremely kind to my father-in-law and listened to his needs. Joe built a great home for my father-in-law that he absolutely loves! Thank you Joe!

Description of Work
Joe built a 300 SQ FT In-Law unit in our back yard. He did everything from drawing up the plans, putting in the foundation, connecting sewer, water, and electrical, interior and exterior painting, cabinets, floors, etc.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, picture framing, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

02/06/2018

Corinne W.

Joe was an absolute pleasure to work with and definitely is an expert at his craft. I would highly recommend his services. During the construction, he did not try to upcharge us as many contractors do, and the end cost of the project was the same as the quoted contract price. He is a true professional, and will not lie to you just for the sake of increasing the contract cost. His budgets for the cost of the kitchen cabinets, countertops, sink, etc were on point and realistic. We would absolutely use his services again. The only downside is that he has no employees and does all the work himself, so projects will take a bit longer than other contractors who use employees, but this also ensures that the work is done right the first time. Most contractors only visit the worksite a handful of times and use a project manager, so to have the actual contractor perform the work was very reassuring. Further, there was less of a security risk since we knew exactly who would be in our home everyday. If you have any concerns, ask Joe for our number and we would be happy to speak with you.

Description of Work
We had Joe do an entire greatroom remodel, which included moving the location of the kitchen, installing a new kitchen, adding a half bathroom, moving a laundry room, installing new windows throughout the home, updating plumbing and electrical, moving the location of the front door, updating the front porchamd walkway, and raising the height of the ceiling.

Category remodeling, siding, home remodeling, interior painters, patios

Work Completed On 10/01/2017

01/29/2018

April H.

I couldn't have asked for a better contractor. He is extremely meticulous and his work is always high quality. When he comes to work, he works. He doesn't waste time or take excessive breaks. Joe is super friendly, courteous, professional was extremely easy to work with. He's pretty much a one-man shop. His drywall and tile skills are fantastic and he knows his framing, electrical and plumbing. If there is a job outside of his skill set, he gets equally qualified subcontractors (e.g. for our stucco repairs when we had the sliding glass door moved to a different wall).

Description of Work
We hired Joe for several jobs. There were two major renovations which included a master bedroom remodel with the conversion of a spare bedroom into a master bath suite and the complete renovation of a guest bathroom both of which required tub and cabinet installations. He also worked on replacing drywall and making repairs around a fireplace remodel, moved a sliding glass door to another wall and installed a deck with stairs, did rewiring including some repairs to wiring done by another contractor that installed our new HVAC system, and installed a new skylight that had electric functions (required additional wiring). Remodels always have additional requests and Joe accommodated nearly every one. If he couldn't, he explained why it would be difficult from an engineering, code, logistical or financial hurdle and left it to us to decide if we wanted to proceed.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/29/2018

Review for Powers Interior Contracting - 4781 Oakhollow Dr, Sacramento, CA - 36792234

01/16/2018

Robert B.

The work was top notch and done with professionalism and friendliness every step of the way.

Description of Work
Porch Enclosure.

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

01/16/2018

Robert B.

Joe Powers was conscientious, hardworking, easygoing, creative, responsive, fastidious, honest, and pleasant. There were significant problems with the City of Davis around this project, and his help was invaluable in navigating a difficult situation. I would recommend him, without hesitation, to anyone.

Description of Work
This was an outdoor project including concrete, fencing, a shed, and a pergola.

Work Completed On 11/04/2018

01/10/2018

lori A.

The remodel turned out great. Joe listened to what we wanted to accomplish and he paid attention to us and learned our needs. He provided an awesome plan that not only met our needs, but exceeded our expectations! Each time Joe has worked for us everything has turned out great. Joe does excellent work and i will continue to hire him and refer him to others.

Description of Work
I have used Powers Contracting a few times; home addition, hall closet finishing, and adding exhaust fans to bedroom closets (most recent).

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

10/11/2017

Sharron W.

The work went ok. The quality wasn't what we had hoped but it seemed to be a sufficient job. Joe is punctual and responsive. But less than 6 months later the area was leaking again and it became apparent there was mold emanating from the area. We called Joe who came out, denied responsibility, denied smelling the mold and blamed others for the water intrusion coming from the area he repaired 6 months earlier. He subcontracted out the stucco but did not manage the repairs as he was hired as the general to do.

Description of Work
We hired Joe Powers to remove and replace a leaking window and oversee the reconstruction of the surrounding stucco, Sheetrock, insulation.

Category drywall, insulation, remodeling, replacement windows, stucco

Work Completed On 06/15/2016

Review for Powers Interior Contracting - 4781 Oakhollow Dr, Sacramento, CA - 36397410

We were hired by the [Member Name Removed]’s to remove a leaking window and replace it with a manufacturer replacement the [Member Name Removed]’s had previously secured from the window manufacturer for their twelve year old home. I removed and replaced the the leaking window, and replaced the affected insulation, drywall, and trim. As well, I oversaw my stucco contractor at all critical junctures and communication. To address the [Member Name Removed]’s grading of our performance: (Quality): The quality of both the interior drywall and trim work, as well as the stucco work was impeccable, both at the stucco patching , and the acrylic refinishing of the back of the home. (There were some very minor imperfections in the chemical staining process, and were addressed by my contractor to their satisfaction.) (Responsiveness): My responsiveness is a reflection of my “punctuality” rating they gave me. I was very thorough in finding the problem I was called out to address, and was able to get to what the problem actually was. ***It is appropriate to note that despite a real concern of ours that that the leak I was called out to address was not of our doing, as the stucco work cracked some time after we had completed our work, due to an unrelated structural shift near our own work. (Professionalism): Once the issue was isolated, we gave the Wades a plan as to how we wished to address and repair the problem, and bring this to a satisfactory close for each of us. Unfortunately, we were not allowed by the clients to perform the repairs.

08/02/2017

Milt N.

Joe is a wonderful contractor and I will use him for any/all projects in the future. I have a beautiful, functional kitchen of my dreams and Joe made it all possible. I can wholeheartedly recommend him for several reasons and I will try to outline them below. He communicates any changes and even if there aren't any he will touch base to make sure you are on the same page. He made fantastic suggestions that enhanced the overall project. He is very concerned about your budget and will work to make sure you save money when ever possible. He works alone because, according to him, he "can't find help that meets his standards" so expect the project to move along quickly but maybe not as fast as a team. In my experience, I would take Joe over any 'team' I've used in the past. The most awesome thing was I learned I could trust him to do what he says he is going to do at a very high standard. He stated that he works to make sure 'he likes the work he's done' versus trying to see what will go unnoticed by the owners (us). This proved to be very true as I found him going over work that looked okay to me, but he didn't like it. This is unheard of and something I greatly appreciated. He left me feeling like I got the most I possibly could for my money and that good feeling is still there, everyday, when I am home!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/13/2017

Review for Powers Interior Contracting - 4781 Oakhollow Dr, Sacramento, CA - 35968717

03/17/2017

Eric K.

The service an workmanship is great. The owner was very helpful in making decisions, and even gave me tips on work that I was doing during the process. He showed up on time and let us know if he was running behind.

Description of Work
Home improvement

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 03/17/2016

10/30/2016

Lynn G.

Joe produces high quality work, with great attention to detail, in the time promised. We were lucky enough to have Joe install new interior doors, doors casings, and baseboards during a period of down-time he had on another job he was working on. He introduced us to vendors through which we could purchase materials, acting on our behalf when delivery was facing delay. Joe does meticulous, beautiful work. I showed him pictures of what I wanted, and he transformed our home. Joe is honest and trustworthy, and I look forward to working with him on future projects.

Description of Work
Installed interior doors, door casings, and baseboards. Also, installed hardware and framed-out 2 walk-throughs to match door casings. Recommended and coordinated communication with vendors.

Category remodeling, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 10/29/2016

10/25/2016

April H.

In one word, fantastic. Joe is a true professional in every sense. Not only was he dedicated and a hard worker, but he is a one stop shop with a multitude of skills requiring very little outside subcontract work. He did everything from the demo, framing, electrical, and plumbing to the drywall, texturing, finish work, and tile. We chose to save a few bucks by doing the painting ourselves. From the first meeting, he was also completely up front and communicative with costs, ideas, and timing. The very detailed quote laid it out clearly to the point I was able to reconcile every cost by the end with very little overage (which was our choice since we decided to splurge in a couple places.) We found him trustworthy and even consulted him on some additional work we did ourselves in the house as well as referred him to close friends - whom he's doing a kitchen remodel for now. My husband and I would highly recommend him to anyone for small or large projects. Get on his calendar quick as this guys is in high demand.

Description of Work
We remodeled a master bath/bedroom and extra bedroom into a new master suite. Essentially reworked the entire back footprint of our house to update from 1980s to modern and magnificent.

Category remodeling, home remodeling