Kitchen Mart Inc

Founded 1976 • With Angi since May 2006

3742 Bradview Dr

Sacramento, CA 95827

Kitchen Mart - Family owned & operated, we’ve been building custom kitchens and baths just for you since 1976. Free estimate. Come to one of our two design Showrooms - 3742 Bradview Dr in Sacramento (916) 362-7080 or 4381 Granite Dr in Rocklin (916) 315-3535. Additional contact name - James D

04/14/2022

Derek N.

When I asked for an estimate to be scheduled online, there was a question on what I want to pay. I selected $10-25k. The service specialist came out eventually and took 2 hours for the estimate. The final estimate was $61k! I was stunned, since I selected that I can only afford $10-25k. No fault of the service specialist, but how about some communication between the scheduler and the specialist. It would have saved us both 2 hours of our time, especially since I was working from home. My house is only 1400 square ft, and barely even worth $61k!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling

01/20/2021

Arleen J.

Horrible. Total waste of time. The company did not install Formica counter tops but did provide a $7000.00 estimate to replace all counters in my rental property. This is not what I requested or needed.

Description of Work
Requested Formica counter top through Angies list and the receptionist I spoke to.

Category countertops

10/28/2020

Frank B.

The designer/salesman (Dan) was very knowledgeable and helpful. After we made our decisions, we were given a very specific schedule that the various team members stuck to. All were prompt, professional, and did excellent and specialized work. Would highly recommend them and we will someday use them again for our bathrooms.

Description of Work
Kitchen: Granite countertops, tile backsplash, installation of new sinks, faucets, garbage disposals, dishwasher, and microwave.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, plumbing, marble & granite

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful review and for trusting Kitchen Mart with your project. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you again in the future.

03/01/2020

Jennifer S.

I can’t say enough about Kitchen Mart! From the initial consultation, planning and remodel, Kitchen Mart was easy to work with and the result is beautiful. All of their workers were extremely respectful and friendly. Daily, they cleaned up after their workday. Their work hours were punctual and very predictable. They adhered to a predetermined work schedule and work started and ended when Kitchen Mart had scheduled. Even when a couple of unexpected complications occurred (as will happen with any remodel project), they were easy to work with and extremely reasonable in arriving at a mutually agreeable resolution. I couldn’t be happier with our remodel and would recommend them to any of our family and friends.

Description of Work
Full kitchen update

Category lighting, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for trusting Kitchen Mart and here's to many years of happy cooking for you and your family. Please let us know if we can help you with anything in the future. Enjoy!

02/29/2020

beckie S.

Kitchen Mart did a terrific job with my kitchen and laundry room remodel. I have a small, 1000 sq ft home in East Sac. The functionality of my kitchen was very important to me. I so appreciated Kitchen Marts all inclusive service; from design, to product selection, to having one project manager overseeing the entire project, to all subcontractors employed by Kitchen Mart. Every time I had a question it was great to have one point of contact, and Justin was always responsive. In addition, once we had a design, they presented me with a calendar timeline and they stuck to the timeline. I attribute this to the fact that all subs- electrical, cabinets, plumbers, painters ... are employed by Kitchen Mart. I did not experience any delays, because a sub did not show up. In addition, they were open and responsive to the small changes I wanted to make as the project was underway. Every person I interacted with at Kitchen Mart was professional, responsive and kind; from the office staff to all the different contractors. All my friends warned me about having a bad experience with a remodel. I have to say Kitchen Mart was wonderful and met and exceeded my expectation!!! I highly recommend Kitchen Mart!!!

Description of Work
Kitchen and Laundry room remodel

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the thorough and honest review. The entire Kitchen Mart team loves what we do and we're elated we were able to exceed your expectations! Welcome to the family. Our all inclusive model with 'No Subs' enables us to control both our quality and our scheduling. Thank you for trusting us with your very important project and we look forward to helping you in the future.

02/29/2020

beckie S.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Laundry room remodel

05/21/2019

Gary N.

I requested a quote and was contacted immediately and set up an appointment with Dan. Dan was great....he turned around the quote in a matter of days and answered all my questions. I had some concerns about the payment terms and Dave, the owner, contacted me by phone and email, which is above and beyond my expectations. I ended up choosing another contractor, but I have no hesitation in highly recommending Kitchen Mart, Dan and Dave to anyone who asks.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel quote

Richard L.

It was a great service. It was really good and they know what they are doing. Its excellent service.

Description of Work
They replaced the cabinets and put a new doors.

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your kind review of Kitchen Mart and for the A grading. We strive to provide a wonderful experience in addition to great quality work. Let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with in the future. Thank you again for choosing Kitchen Mart!

mike G.

It was outstanding. They did what they say they gonna do and no surprises . They were great.

Description of Work
Kitchen drawers and bathroom doors.

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking time to review of and for giving us the A grade! We look forward to working on future projects in your home and seeing you again! Thank you again for choosing Kitchen Mart.

Ginny & Jim D.

They were wonderful , On time and Neat. They given us a price and that is what we paid for. Used them twice already.

Description of Work
They put a counter tops , Backs splash and installed sinks.

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for hiring Kitchen Mart twice! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your [Member Name Removed] to share your experience about us and for giving us an A. We count ourselves lucky to have clients like you. We look forward to working with you on more projects in the future!

08/31/2018

Penny C.

They delivered a kitchen cabinet doors twice which is wrong, on the 3rd time they delivered the right one. They supposed to install a light fixtures but i don't want them on my house anymore.

Description of Work
They supposed to replaced kitchen cabinet.

Category custom cabinets

08/22/2018

Judy N.

This company was outstanding. They cost more than subbing our job out, but having one company do all the work for us saved us time and the headache of trying to get bids and deal with lining up jobs. They are professional, on time, beyond nice and a pleasure to work with. I will be hiring them again to reface our cabinets.

Description of Work
Kitchen countertops, tile and small kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

04/18/2018

William F.

Outstanding. Exceeded our expectations. From start to finish we were impressed with all the workers involved. Special acknowledgement to Steve for his suggestions and help during the initial plan phase and Jon who was great, knowledgeable and real craftsman. Wonderful working with a company that handles all phases of the project in-house. No subs which is a plus. 40 plus years in the business.

Description of Work
Master bathroom remodel

Category countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

01/13/2018

Gary G.

Everything went very well, AGAIN. Kitchen Mart has done four other projects for us before and each one has turned out great. This one was no exception. Only minor problems were experienced and KM was very responsive in correcting them. Frank (installer) & Ramon (painter) were especially nice, considerate of our needs, and professional at all times. Once again, great outcome and service! Highly recommended for kitchen/bath remodels.

Description of Work
Reface master bath cabinetry, replace vanity tops & faucets in master & hall baths, remove old mirror & install 2 new ones, repaint master bath.

Category countertops, glass repair, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

09/23/2016

Marcia L.

Very pleased with installation. We had 37 doors and drawers replaced. Re-facing was done with beech. 2 large drawers in island have sliders very similar to a good tool chest. Slide easily and will carry a lot of weight. Really transformed kitchen.

Description of Work
We had our cabinets refaced. They were oak cabinets that had been painted white by previous owner and were pretty funky. We also wanted to keep existing tile counter tops.

08/05/2016

Sayo C.

Unless you look like you have a $50k budget, don't expect to get a free estimate. I called Kitchen Mart to get an estimate to renovate a 10x11 kitchen. Stan came out to look at it, and as soon as he saw that it is an older house (1930s), he started going off on how much work it would be to remodel. He said that if our budget is less than $50k, he does not want to spend 8 hours to think up a plan for the remodel and provide an estimate. I don't know if it actually takes 8 hours to come up with a break down of costs. I felt it was unprofessional of him to complain about potential work and talk to me as if I'm wasting his time. We had a 1-2 hour window scheduled for the morning appointment and my sister and I missed work to be there, while the man only spent 15 minutes maximum in there and basically told us to consider whether it's worth his "8 hours" to provide an estimate. I don't like to jump to the conclusion that maybe I looked too young (I'm 29) to have that kind of money, but regardless of the reason I felt disrespected. It's a 1930s house in land park - lath and plaster is common. We were aware of that part, and with multiple renovations planned throughout the house, our budget was flexible and not small. I don't understand why he spent the appointment worrying about his money, when the appointment was for a free consultation/estimate. He didn't even collect much information that would enable him to draw up a plan. Needless to say, he never followed up. That's great that they currently have a lot of work, but we don't think they should be so picky and rude to future customers, especially when they advertise that they will provide a free estimate. Stay away unless you are ready to just drop them $50k+ while they complain about your house and how much work they'll have to do on it.

Description of Work
Came out to bid on a kitchen remodel. Did not give us a free estimate; expressed reluctance to work with us, as we did not immediately confirm that we want to spend $50k.

07/31/2016

rebecca M.

It went very well. Kitchen Mart knows its stuff. Not only did a designer come out, there were 2-3 other staff people that came by before the actual counters went in, then there were 2 counter guys and a tile guy. They are in huge demand, so if you're willing to wait for their expert help, you'll get the job correctly. We waited 1-1/2 weeks to meet the sales person (designer) and signed paperwork 5/13/16. The actual job wasn't completed until 7/26. The wait was due to Kitchen Mart's backlog. However, it was worth the wait: we got the custom-cut quartz countertops we wanted and the backsplash was done beautifully. The tile guy really knows what he's doing. There was no rushing with this work, and they paid a lot of attention to detail.

Description of Work
We had the kitchen counters and backsplash replaced as part of a remodel. Kitchen Mart handled that part of the job. We replaced formica with quartz. The price quoted included one standard counter and 2 tiny counters and white, wavy tile with a simple 1" accent running throughout. It didn't include plumbing, the sink, etc. We felt it was a good price for what we received.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

06/21/2016

Fred B.

Everyone was very professional: quality of work, cleanup, willingness to make minor changes to the original plan, punctuality. Wide range of materials to choose from. Very friendly and helpful sales staff.

Description of Work
Remodeled guest bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, countertops, flooring contractor, glass repair, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

04/12/2016

KATHLEEN P.

Everyone was very professional, communication was great, workers were on time and cleaned up every night. We are very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Refaced cabinets. Put in sliding drawers and pull-outs. Put in quartz counter tops.

Category countertops, cabinet refacing

03/29/2016

Gerald O.

Although we decided to go with another contractor, Kathy was on time, courteous, professional, and helpful. All of the contractors were really close in price, and each offered different points of emphasis and unique ideas. It was a tough call, and Kathy's bid was probably the runner-up. We would definitely invite Kitchen Mart to provide a bid on future projects and recommend them to our friends.

Description of Work
Kathy came out to provide a bid for our kitchen remodel.

02/01/2016

Danielle R.

First, they would not provide me with an itemized bid. Steve King said that Kitchen Mart would not allow him to do itemized bids. Which means they're refusing to tell you what each component costs. Why wouldn't a company be willing to do that? Second, their bid was 33% higher than my original bid they were doing a comparison off of! Crazy. Look elsewhere. Shady way of doing business not tell you individual cost items.

Description of Work
I just received a bid. Kitchen Mart did not do any work. They provided me with a bid.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

11/02/2015

Donna L.

Kitchen Mart remodeled my kitchen and bathroom in 2005. They were a nightmare to deal with then - an incompetent project manager who they fired shortly after beginning job at my house, having to do work over and over and months behind promised time line. I am writing this review because I recently had a home inspection which noted that there were exposed wire connections (live and not grounded wires) through out the attic. No other electrical work has been performed in my attic since the remodel and these conditions were not present when I purchased my house in late 2004. My conclusion is that Kitchen Mart left me with an expensive and hazardous electrical problem which was just fixed for $1,400. I had enough problems with what I could see but I couldn't see nor would I have realized the hazard had I been able to climb up into my attic area. Since permits were taken out for this work I can only assume that the city home inspector didn't even bother to look in the attic. Safe yourself a lot of heart burn and money and hire another contractor.

Description of Work
Remodeling kitchen and bathroom, other minor alterations and adding a few light fixtures

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

05/01/2015

Mary F.

Overall it went very well. No cost overruns. They started when they said they would and were basically finished only a few days later than planned. (Cabinet door knobs were stalled during the port strike--so weren't delivered and installed until several weeks later.) The only major problem we encountered was a problem with the wrong floor being installed--but as soon as the problem was discovered, they installed the proper one--no questions asked. Work was all done by Kitchen Mart employees except for the floor installation. The floor installers were not as professional as the Kitchen Mart employees, who had to correct a few problems that came up during the floor installation. The Kitchen Mart workers were great and very skilled and went the extra mile to get things right. We are very pleased with our new kitchen. It looks (and works) great. Probably the weakest part of the process was Kitchen Mart's process of getting the correct material and design specifications from their design staff to the installer staff. We went through a number of different ideas for tile, countertop and flooring options in the design stage. There were "last minute" changes that I documented in written emails (and phone calls) with the design staff many weeks before the job began. However, it turned out these were not transmitted to the installers. (Thus the wrong floor being installed.) The process would have improved if they had provided me with final written specifications before they started the installation. I would recommend you ask for the final written specs if you work with them. Despite this, I have no reservations about Kitchen Mart. They are top notch. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Remodeled 25 year-old kitchen. No footprint changes, but installed new countertops, floors, cabinet doors, painted and installed some appliances. They also consulted on suitable tiles, floor and countertop products.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

03/17/2015

Kent S.

In short we are happy with the result, but did not enjoy the process for this project. I'm writing the review now because this morning we had a fully functioning faucet installed in the bathroom with great support from Delta Faucets and our own plumber. I have not asked for any further help from Kitchen Mart because I found working with them on this project to be very frustrating. I had high expectations because we had Kitchen Mart install new kitchen cabinets, counter, sink and faucet in 2012. They did superb work on that project beginning on Monday morning and finishing on Friday afternoon! We looked forward to having them do other projects for us. The bathroom project in contrast dragged on with unplanned no work days, delays for corrections, and poor communication. When we complained about the extreme low flow of the faucet they installed we were told it was due to state regulations. That proved untrue. Delta worked with us to resolve the problem, eventually sending us the new faucet replacement installed this morning solving our extreme low flow problem.

Description of Work
Fabricate and install a new quartz shower surround with a new vanity, sink, faucet and medicine cabinet.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

03/12/2015

Jacqueline C.

Designer fought me with my repeated requests for marble and or marble accents in tile around shower. Wound up with black and white tile which over a year later I don't like. However, the installation crew were extremely polite, professional, neat, prompt and helpful. Tile installer found two pieces of marble that he used as a cap over two short walls that I look at daily and love. I had to purchase and arrange installation date independently for the glass shower enclosure and door - why? Two months after installation I had them come back. The grout was cracking in corners of the shower. They caulked the corners where the whole walls meet with silicone. I guess they weren't great, they are expensive, but they were efficient. I didn't get a lot for the money.

Description of Work
Tore out separate standing bathtub and shower, capped off one faucet, rebuilt larger shower where tub was, did not give me another tub, replaced toilet. Installed new vinyl floor. could not afford upgraded flooring. could not afford new counters, sinks or cabinetry or lighting. Installed new exhaust fan . Previously there was none. Installed two new faucets that I purchased in double sinks.