Beutler Air Conditioning and Plumbing

Founded 1947 • With Angi since November 2008

855 National Drive Suite 109

Sacramento, CA 95834

For fast and exceptional service for all of your heating, cooling or plumbing needs, call us now: 916-231-9429! Beutler Air Conditioning & Plumbing provides the Sacramento area with HVAC and plumbing services, including emergency plumbing. Our professional technicians are ready to help. Call Beutler 24/7! License # Beutler Air Conditioning & Plumbing 795540...

09/08/2022

Cameron G.

They installed the system when the house was built. It apparently was done poorly and had a fast leak. They sent out a tech who wasn't courteous, didn't and explain the situation well (including how much it could cost), forcing me to agree to however much the coolant recharge happened to rack up to before knowing how much would be needed. Over $1000 later, I called the company to follow up on my service call just to find out the tech that came out was no longer their employee (given better information I probably would have opted to put that money toward a new system). I then paid for standard AC maintenance and again the tech that was sent out seemed like he was in a hurry and just wanted to move on. He said there was some kind of pressure issue with my HVAC (but not enough details on what I should "do" about it, let alone perform whatever service needed to be done). I paid extra for a "house vent" that they plastered their name all over but no longer actually support (their "solution" is to have two thermostats- the original one which you can't even get parts for anymore just to control the smart vent + a new smart thermostat that does everything else). Not a real solution (and at any time the damper system could just stop working with no replacement parts available)... About 2 years after the overly expensive coolant recharge, the compressor won't start at all. I called around and got an appointment with them first. They just called to cancel it because they're overbooked... Why book me in the first place if you can't handle the volume? Would never do business with this company again. In my experience they: 1. Have shoddy workmanship. 2. Have techs that want to to come and go as fast as possible. 3. Don't support their products long term. 4. Don't take the time to explain what's going on with your system so you can make informed decisions. 5. End up overcharging for lack of service since they don't explain what's going on. 6. Can't be relied upon to honor their scheduling.

Description of Work
AC repair and maintenance

11/08/2020

Judith K.

I called and set up an appointment and the soonest date was 3 weeks away. The night before my appointment I get a call and said there over booked and then said it would be another month. And the customer service person was rude and did not care. I recommend someone else!!!!

Description of Work
Heater Tune Up

05/08/2020

Charles B.

Beutler installed a new air conditioner 4 years ago, the good news is I signed a service contract for yearly inspections, sort of. Last year inspector said everything was fine, a week later when I was having problems, technician said I was totally out of refrigerant, needed a new coil installed to replacing leaking one, ducts weren't properly attached. Took a month, to get everything fixed, several cancelled appointments. This year, Beutler confirmed appointment on Monday for the next day. The next day, after first first call due to technician not showing up and being told he'd be there later, second call I was told I didn't have an appointment! When technician arrived the next day, again, tried to tell me ducts weren't properly connected when I asked why they weren't done right when unit was installed, he said connecting ducts to the unit wasn't part of the installation - say what? I'm tired of Beutler missing appointments and not telling me until I call, trying to upsell me on things I think they should have done right the first time. I've got three pages of typed notes detailing missed appointments, phone calls, documentation of improperly done work.

Description of Work
Annual inspection of air conditioning unit under service contract

Category

07/24/2019

Dwayne B.

They came on time. Never introduced himself for beginners. I told him what my issue was. I took him outside to see the a/c unit. He immediately began looking at it and evaluating the issue. I advised him I had at least 5 other people come by and couldn't figure out the problem. After about 15mins he started calling his boss and was talking back and forth for another 10mins or so. He finally came to me and said he can't figure it out. All the readings on his gauges were all over the place and his boss told him to just pack up and leave. Didn't charge me anything nor did he tell me what the problem is. He said his boss just told him to pack up and leave. I was very surprised as I thought Beutler Air was a "reputible" company. I escorted him out of my house and on his way! Was really a waste of time since they told me they can fix anything regarding air conditioners.

Description of Work
A/C service

11/28/2018

marie B.

After four to fve repairs to fix a new heater that they installed. it is still not approved by the inspector. The Inspector came out yesterday for the second time to inspect and found a yet another problem. Beutler has been out 4-5 times, after awhile you just stop counting. We don't trust the service people they have. They are all friendly and courteous and think they have the problem solved. When we start to feel comfortable,we find that the heat is not working. They spend more time pushing their warranty and say if you buy their warranty they will put you ahead of the list if repairs are needed. When you pay that much for a heater/AC shouldn't you get preferred service above other service calls? Would I recommend them to anyone? Definitely NO. We should have gone to another heater/service provider. The inspector will come out for a third time after the repairs are made by Beutler. After the second inspection additional fees need to be paid to re-inspect. I sincerely hope the Beutler takes care of this additional charge, we aren't planning to pay one dime more.

Description of Work
We had them install a new AC and Heater.

11/15/2018

Jonathan D.

I scheduled a repairman to come to my house to take a look at my furnace on Tuesday. The soonest available appointment was Friday, fine they're busy. On Thursday they called and left a message that they were cancelling my appointment. No explanation. I called back to find out why and they said that they had to service their existing clients and that the soonest they could now come is Monday. No Way. What a gimmick.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

11/08/2018

Patrick D.

We are a 20 year customer of Beutler having purchased our current HVAC system from them in 1998. Over the years, they have provided repair services and, recently, recommended we consider upgrading to a new system. A representative was sent on 11/5. Although very friendly, he spoke very rapidly and offered little in the way of explanation of any technical terms or recommendations of any equipment. He provided no written materials explaining features of any of the equipment in their offerings. After evaluating our existing system, he began a handwritten comparison of several systems, including a system we could locate in our attic. We elected to focus on the system to replace our existing system in the hallway. He discussed the various merits of three different proposals and even brought another party into the conversation on the phone. The balance of the conversation was a hard sell, despite my repeated requests to provide a written bid. Clearly, the were both focused on our commitment to the bid on the spot, without time to deliberate or obtain other bids. Finally, I had to tell them I had a dinner to prepare for (true) and would like them to submit a written and detailed bid as soon as possible. He wrote up an abbreviated Installation Estimate, with a check the box format and vague information as to the actual system. A final price was quoted in the bottom quarter of the page. In looking back in my files, I was shocked to find a far more detailed estimate provided 20 years ago. He also neglected to inform me of certain building permit requirements. I have subsequently received another bid which was far more detailed and carefully explained by their representative. The difference in professionalism was stark. I am disappointed that a 20 year customer was treated so poorly. Looks like we'll be moving on.

Description of Work
Requested a bid for new HVAC system

03/27/2018

David D.

Technician inspected and reset rooftop unit. It managed to start working and I only had to pay the fee for the visit and rush. (It was on one of the coldest days of the year.)

Description of Work
Heater not working

01/27/2018

Margie G.

Air conditioner worked for 1 month but then started to work inefficiently; was not putting out sufficient cold air. Had to call. The part that was needed would not be in for two weeks so I received a whole new unit they put in my attic. Good thing it was still under warranty.

Description of Work
Installed new HVAC system

08/15/2017

Roberta R.

We have been using them for several years and they are always very responsive. The technicians are respectful, friendly, and do good work.

Description of Work
They did an annual inspection on our air conditioner.

06/09/2017

Keith B.

They have been out for several years. Our heating and air has been fine. We probably need to get somebody to come out and service it, because we haven’t done that yet. They were the ones that put in our system. It is always just one person that comes out. It took an hour to do the job. They left the area very clean. They did their job very good. I was satisfied. Every service person that showed up was professional.

Description of Work
They installed a new heating and air system.

03/02/2017

diana T.

They cover everything. They are a pretty famous company. They're a reputable company. I mean they have been around for years and years.

Description of Work
They came out to fix the air conditioner.

01/18/2017

James S.

My wife and I are very pleased with the results. The fireplace cleaning was professionally done with an attention to detail in the reinstall and clean-up process. Our gas fireplace's flame quality has improved and the settings have been adjusted to our wishes.

Description of Work
Fireplace cleaning and HVAC check using a special from Angie's List.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, fireplaces

01/12/2017

Stefan H.

My system is fairly used so everything was checked out okay and they topped off the I guess its Freon or whatever that you have the cooling which wasn't really low, but yes they did a good job. They discovered something that was unrelated, safety electrical wire. They made it to collect the issue. That was at no additional charge but I was a safety concern that they uncovered so that was kind of cool.

Description of Work
It was $49 AC heating checkup and they did a whole inspection of the system and then processed everything.

12/29/2016

Kathy W.

The service was great. They are incredibly professional. They really explain things. I was very pleased. They were really good.

Description of Work
We always call Beutler. We have a service contract with them so they came out and checked everything. They have been recommending for years that we have our ducts cleaned and so we went ahead and did that this time.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

12/07/2016

Martha J.

We've been very, very happy with them. It costs nothing, we've been doing a maintenance with them for about $300 a year. We haven't had anybody come in here that wasn't friendly and very helpful. We've had excellent quality with them. They sit and make sure that I understand exactly what's going on. They're always very, very punctual. They're very professional and very good with what they do. We had to call them this last time and cancel because our heating and air conditioning is on the roof and they had to go up there, so we postponed them and then they came out on Friday when it wasn't raining.

Description of Work
They do maintenance and repairs on the furnace, on the air conditioning and on the plumbing.

11/10/2016

James L.

They installed 2 new toilets. We purchased the toilets ourselves, but it was $115 for installation, per toilet. About 2/3 years ago, they also installed our HVAC system.

Description of Work
They installed 2 new toilets.

11/02/2016

Michael S.

The home was built in 2004 and the Smart Vent system had been turned off by the previous owner. Beutler's technicians arrived on schedule, performed the preventive maintenance work, and reviewed the Smart Vent system with me; which included the unusual location of the Smart Vent filter air filter which had not been changed in several years. They changed the filter for me. I purchased an annual maintenance plan from them which included a plumbing inspection and a Spring tuneup of the air conditioning system. The HVAC and plumbing technicians were knowledgeable and professional. The price of the annual maintenance agreement is competitive. They identified a few items that needed repair which I referred to the Home Warranty insurance (paid for by the seller) provider for correction. Overall, a great experience.

Description of Work
I called Beutler to perform winter maintenance of the furnace and "Smart Vent" system of my recently purchased home.

09/13/2016

Roberta R.

I am very happy with them. The annual checkup doesn't cost anything because we have an annual service agreement. I think the price is reasonable.

Description of Work
I use Beutler for heating and air conditioning. They were last here for my annual checkup.

07/28/2016

Clemens M.

I lived in Livermore Beutler installed the original heating and air conditioning in my house, I thought Beutler was a little hokey the way that they did. Now in the current house that I am in the Beutler installed the system however they used a different manufacturer of furnace and air conditioner, they used a manufacturer that I prefer was a carrier, a carrier furnace and I am happy with what I have now. What I didn't like they charged eighty eight dollars to service the furnace they charged eighty eight dollar to service the air conditioner well when he is in the attic doing one he might as well do the other also while I had him do that then he charged me double even though he was up there already. You see my furnace is in the attic and right now today is probably 100 degree up there but my air conditioner compressor is outside and right now it's 98 degree outside and when dirt gets on those little fins that are attached to the cooling pipes that are in there it doesn't get a good heat exchange because doesn't put cool air in the room it takes the heat out and in order to take that heat out it does it through the free on tat's in the system. We had some issue with the furnace at Christmas time it wouldn't go on so we called them out and it took a while for them to come out and replace the parts and then the next year the igniter it was the thing hat heat it up hot enough to ignite the flame and that cracked it was a ceramic piece and it crack and it wouldn't work anymore.

Description of Work
I used Beutler Heating & Air for heating & A/C.

05/21/2016

Melinda R.

When they installed the air conditioning and furnace about 2 years ago, they did a horrible job in doing damage to my home which they had to repair. One other thing they did to make up for it is they gave us an extended service contract for the air conditioning system which goes until 2021. Every year, when I need to call for the servicing, they fail to find any records that I have a service plan. It's a battle every time twice a year. I really wouldn't recommend them for their equipment or their service. They did have to hire extra contractors to come in and repair my home. It was very expensive. Their installation was faulty. They were never responsive to us. They were usually pretty close to being on time.

Description of Work
I use Beutler. They come twice a year to service the air conditioning system and furnace. It's for the maintenance. In the fall, they have to winterize the air conditioning system which means to clean and deactivate it. They also service the furnace.

Linda N.

I know them well. They have done a fine job and they are very prompt. The only small complaint that I have about them is that periodically they will call and say that their technician can come out on Tuesday between 12 and 4 and then they call at 12 and say that he is backed up and can't make it and can we schedule it for later in the week. They have done that more than once over the years. When I called and complained about it, they said they have emergencies. Somebody's air conditioner went out or heating went out, and they try to deal with the emergencies first compared to the normal maintenance. So, I understand that a little bit. It has happened 2 or 4 times over many years, so it is a minor issue. Otherwise their work has been good until we wanted a new water heater. Last year I had Beutlar come out and give me an estimate for a new water heater, and they did and they were quite professional about it, but their price was for $2500 for a new water heater, and we saw an ad on Angie's List for another company. The other company put the exact same water heater in for $1000 less. That to me was very significant. Beutlar has done good maintenance work for us. They put in a new air conditioner system for us 7 years ago, but now I wonder if they charged us more for it. We paid $999 for the gold service. It got us a heater check, repair of any problems, and the air conditioner check and repair any problems. We got the gold service, so if we call they came the next day, or the next day. We originally paid that, and I think that lasted 10 years. They still come out twice a year, we call them or they call us, and check the air conditioner for the summer and come back out in September to check the heating system. The service has been very good, and the only hitch was they called and rescheduled, and it was a problem when we were both working, because we would take time off, and then they would say they can't come. When they come here, the service has been very good, they boot their booties on, they clean up before they go, you sign a piece of paper, and they sit down and go through it all, and we haven't paid for those services in a long time. They even clean the filters in the heater which is up in the ceiling and is not easy to do. We have a level of comfort now, and they have given us pretty good service.

Description of Work
We hired Beutlar when we moved in here to take care of our airconditioning and heating system and we paid for their gold service. They have come out and checked our systems for the past 18 years, at one point the heater, and another point the air conditioning.

Category water heater repair