Anything Electric

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2008

Owner operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fee. Extra charge applies for after hours service. May contact through email. Additional DBA - CM Controls & California Maintenance Controls Inc. Award winning.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Linda M.
06/21/2016
He put in an outside light. We needed additional work done but the estimate was to high.
Description of Work
installed outside light
Mark S.
07/21/2015
I found this electrical contractor by searching on Angie's List. The owner of the business is Ken Adams. He is friendly, professional, and competent. Ken arrived when he said he would, did the job in the time he said it would take, did the job perfectly, and did it for the fair price he had quoted. Ken even made a special trip to my house when the carriage lights didn't work after he had left and I had installed the bulbs. I had mistakenly not ordered the bulbs with the lamps, so after wiring and installing the lights, he couldn't test them. The next day, I went to Home Depot and bought the bulbs. After installing them, the lights didn't work. I live about 35 miles from his business. Ken came out promptly to see what was wrong when I told him that the lights weren't working. He found the problem quickly. It turned out to be user error. I hadn't seated any of the bulbs correctly. Ken took it in stride without a complaint about driving 35 miles to my place to check on it only to find out that I hadn't put the bulbs in correctly. It sure was embarrassing for me though. :-) I wouldn't hesitate to call on Ken again for any electrical work. In fact, my neighbor used his services after talking to him while Ken was working on my lights. They were equally satisfied with his work.
Description of Work
Replace and install two wall-mounted outdoor lights on the sides of my garage, wire and install two carriage lights on columns at the entrance to my walkway near the street, and install and wire a low voltage transformer for landscape lighting.
Pamela R.
11/09/2014
NEVER CONTACTED - - NEVER USED
Description of Work
NEVER CONTACTED - - NEVER USED
electrician

This is exactly one of many reasons why I no longer pay that large monthly fee for advertising on Angie’s List any longer and as you can see I had a pretty good track record. However, I was not willing to allow the Help Desk to continue to allow post from customers’ that have not contacted the service provider in question or any work preformed prior to verifying the comments. All comments from the customer and/or the service provider should always be checked and verified before posted and it has a negative impact to someone’s business. As the customer confirms from the comments in the post. I have never been contacted by this customer nor done any work for this customer. Also as you can see it’s not about the grade because this is an “A” However, if it’s not true it should NOT BE POSTED!!!! I do not service the Galt area.
Loren L.
07/29/2014
Very professional, courteous, and on time. The attic was difficult to work in, but he completed the job on time, on budget. Clean up was great! We couldn't tell he had been there, except the new fans, of course.
Description of Work
Ken installed 3 ceiling fans and an attic gable fan.
electrician, ceiling fans
Madel A.
06/03/2014
The provider installed two ceiling fans in two bedrooms and fixed light fixtures on the stairway.
Description of Work
Installed two ceiling fans.
Ann J.
05/31/2014
If the provider will get in touch with me even though the deal has expired, I would be very pleased.
Description of Work
Did not make contact with this provider.
electrician

I have no clue who the person and what she is talking about. I've never been contacted by the person and have never talked to her on the phone. She said she had deal and has a date on her message of January 5th 2013, I do not schedule appoinments during that time because I am always out of the state hunting during the month of January. Additionally, I have not been involved in a Big Deal of any type for the last two years.
Marea F.
03/13/2014
I live in a different city and needed some work done on a vacant rental. Ken was responsive and continued following up with me during the process. He took pictures, asked my opinion, and then gave his advice. He was affordable and did great work. Ken comes highly recommended.
Description of Work
Install of the conduit, underground pipe; pulled wire and hooked up sump pump. Poured concrete.
electrician

[removed member name], Thank you very much for the review. Please let me know if I can help again in the future.
JAMES M.
02/17/2014
The service turned out fine. Scheduling was prompt.
Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $79 for 2 Hours of Electrical Work. They fixed a laundry socket, a light and repaired some switches that were not working.
MELISSA N.
10/29/2013
My husband primarily dealt with them but he said they were on time for the appointment. He wanted to re do a lot of the existing wiring in order to put it into conduit. My husband told him it was above reaching height and the wiring doesn't require conduit. The man said he would not do the work if we did not agree to do it his way. He was unwilling to work with us. We tried to find more work for him to do, but we had nothing else.
Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for two hours of electrical work. We wanted an outlet put in the ceiling of the garage for the garage door opener.
Michelle C.
10/14/2013
That was fine. He did good. He actually did not charge me. I live out of their zone. They did stipulate that if you live out of their commuting area, that they would charge me a fee but they didn't charge me that. I think it was because he didn't work the full hour. I didn't have anything else for him to do. I think that's why he waived that fee. It turned out okay. He was very good about contacting me and letting me know that he was out of town. When he got back into town, he got back a day early. Overall, it was a good experience. I just paid the price for the big deal. I would not probably use them because I'm out of his commuting area. So to avoid that fee, I would probably go with somebody more local.
Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Anything Electric. He came to look at the dusk-to-dawn light over my garage because it had stopped working. He analyzed that all I really needed was a change in the light bulb and it wasn't like I needed a replacement. I had him install a chandelier for me.
Edric C.
09/30/2013
Their work was very satisfactory and it did meet our expectations. They charged us additional because we moved ahead with doing some other work. They are professional. I would absolutely use them again in the future.
Description of Work
I used Anything Electric Big Deal purchase in May. They installed six halogen boxes in the ceiling.
ELIZABETH W.
09/27/2013
There was a problem with the existing two-outlet receptacle not being grounded for some reason. It was Romex run from the electrical box but it was sidetracked somewhere along the way, so the electrician fixed it. I now have a four-outlet receptacle that can handle all of my sensitive equipment, which my business depends on. Who knew that the new battery backups are too sensitive to handle a printer or a fax machine? After Ken fixed that, he assessed a problem with our ceiling fan because it is making a noise. He directed us to Lumens who says the manufacturer will send us a new ceiling fan, which we would not have done if not for Ken's suggestion. We had purchased our ceiling fan in 2007. No idea motor warranties were covered like this. Thanks, Ken. Also, I should point out that we initially had called our regular electrician, and we called him 4 or 5 times, so we will be using Ken from now on.
Description of Work
Trouble shooting and install new receptacle. My battery backup was plugged into another battery backup and whenever the fax machine warmed up, the battery backup squealed. The electrician reassessed all of my plugs under my work desk and moved them around when he was finished. Removed existing receptacle and installed a double duplex.
Barbara H.
09/26/2013
It took some time to locate the proper items needed for our situation. After he called to say he had the parts and we called to schedule the work we never heard from him again. Whether the fault was his or ours I've no way of knowing. This is certainly not typical of our other use of Angie's other member venders. Essentially we lost the initial payment I made to Angie for the Deal.
Description of Work
He was to order a timer switch and a new exhaust fan for a bathroom. He made a preliminary call to survey the situation and told us he would have to order the parts.
electrician

This Angie’s List member is confused. I never spoke to [removed member name]; I believe she is confused on the company she had called to do the work. I am the only person that estimates, schedules and completes the projects for my company. I haven’t estimated or scheduled any jobs to install bathroom fans in the last year. Angie’s List, let’s get the facts straight before allowing posts that impact companies that had nothing to do with the job. If you have questions feel free to give me a call.
Carol B.
09/23/2013
Excellent. They were here on time. They had to crawl up into the ceiling to palce A hole in ceiling becaue there was no electrical connection where I wanted it. They were neat protected my furniture from dust. EXECLENT!
Description of Work
They put a double electrical switch on a wall were there was none hung a drum lamp across the room where I wanted it again where there was no electrical outlet.
Ioana A.
09/04/2013
Very well, all looks good. Went a bit over time but didn't charge extra (probably because husband had to assist in changing the light over the stairs, which was not easy to reach). Almost didn't give an A overall since he couldn't get a tall enough ladder to change the chandelier in the living room (which is 2 stories tall) but that seems hard to find. Also, that would have been extra given the time it took for the other 2 items anyway.
Description of Work
Had an Angie's list coupon for 2 hours of services. He replaced a kitchen fluorescent light with track lighting and changed the light over the stairs to the second floor.
Zachary W.
07/22/2013
Arrived on time, was courteous, was able to provide immediate service with equipment on truck. Professional demeanor. He was not totally satisfied with Angie's list for not providing information on site that there could be a travel charge depending on location of job. This should be an easy fix for you and I am curious why you simply do not add this on to any service where there may be an extra charge. A simple disclaimer that might avoid misunderstanding when customer calls a service provider. This is an Angie's list issue, not a provider issue. Let me know when you will install the fix.
Description of Work
Repaired fluoresce fixture in garage and repaired outside wiring for outdoor lighting fixture and installed new wiring and fixture
Krishna K.
07/15/2013
ok Unable to install motion detector lights without extra costs
Description of Work
Put in an exterior outlet
Linda M.
06/14/2013
We wanted to have a light put on the other side of our garage door. We already had one and we wanted a matching one on the other side of the garage door. He was going to do it but it was expensive. What we had him do was some other things. It didn't come to $79 or maybe it did for him to come out for an hour maybe. He checked out some other things and all that. It didn't really equate to two hours at hour. But still he was pretty gracious. That was more or less our fault. He basically said that if we ever needed anything else done to give him a call and he'd give us a good price. I have no complaints whatsoever about him. My key learning in all this is make sure what I need done is at least equivalent to what the offer is. For what he did, it was a little high but that was our fault. If we'd wanted some other things done, it would've been a good price. It really was.
Description of Work
I used a big deal purchase for Anything Electric. We had him take and mark some of the circuit breakers in the fuse box, which one was the refrigerator, etc. Because we had been in this house so long that a lot of them had been washed off. He marked off the main one of those. He was going to change out a light for us in the back but there wasn't enough space for the size of the lamp that we had. We had just gotten a new heat pump and he questioned why we had one of the carbon monoxide detectors when we were all electric.
joanna V.
05/29/2013
He was very honest and arrived right on time. We are very satisfied with the work he did for us.
Description of Work
Fixed a three way switch for under cabinet lights that were installed incorrectly by another electrician.
Karen S.
05/21/2013
Ken was very helpful. He explained that one of the possibilities was that the LEDs were drawing more power than our older circuits could handle, or it could be that the dimmer switches we have aren't compatible with LED lighting. He suggested that one solution was replacing the dimmer switch - a relatively inexpensive fix. He also looked at the garden lighting and was helpful. He showed us how to take apart the lighting - how to replace bulbs, and check the wiring, etc. He was very helpful.
Description of Work
We purchased LED lighting for our canned lights and we needed assistance or an explanation why they didn't work. We also had some low voltage light issues in the garden.
H. Robert R.
05/09/2013
Anything Electric were straightforward and did a very adequate job. They did their work in a workmanlike manner and were clean.
Description of Work
Anything Electric installed a couple of circuits in a remodeled bathroom.
ROBERT H.
03/22/2013
. I had to leave the electrician to drive and purchase a product. My fault that I did not check the condition of the PVC glue needed for the PVC pipe..
Description of Work
Angie's list members should be aware that if you say you will provide the materials, Anything Electric will not bring any materials along but their labor. If Anything Electric needs parts and goes to the store that time will be a part of the time (hours) you pay for.
electrician

This project was over a year ago. However, I remember it well. [member name removed] called my to schedule the work and told me that he had some electrical work done underground, i.e. pvc piping installed that needed to have the wire pulled through and then install the GFIC outlets for landscape power. I asked him prior to my arrival if I needed any special parts on the truck to complete the job outside of the outlets. [member name removed] told me that he had purchased all the parts, and I would not need anything to finish the job. After arriving to the job and starting to try and pull the wires through the piping, I find out from [member name removed] that he had the piping installed by a non licensed landscape person. I tried several times to get the electrical wire through the pipe. I told [member name removed] that the pipe would have to be unearthed at two different points to find out where the problem was. After digging up the two areas, I saw that the piping used was not up to code for electrical and would have to be removed and replaced with different 90 degree piping. This is when [member name removed] had to go to the store to purchase the two 1/2" 90 degree elbows. I don't carry pvc pipe on the truck unless I have that type of job planed. No one can have every item on their truck or van unless they know that those items will be needed to completed the project. That said, I feel if [member name removed] would have used a licensed company to do the work correctly he would not have needed to go to the store again,or have let me know that there may be some problems with the underground piping because he had used unlicensed workers to do the work. In addition, I did not appreciate the way [member name removed] treated me and the comments that he made. I almost stopped the job and let him find someone else to finish the corrections, but I didn't and completed the work. After I finished the Job, I told [member name removed] that if he called me again that would have to pass on doing any other work for him.
Cheryl B.
03/15/2013
Ken is a man of his word. He is honest and wants to please his customers. Last year I purchased a coupon for Ken to do some work that unfortunately he could not do. Therefore, at that time I purchased just a "free" estimate. Ken told me he would honor the coupon for anything else I needed. A year later I called Ken and he remembered me. He is installing my light and all I need to pay for are parts. YES! I would use him again in a heartbeat. Thank you, Ken!!!!!
Description of Work
Outside sensor light installed.
Rosalie M.
01/22/2013
My son was here during the work. He was reasonable. He came in and did the job. He was here a little longer than expected. He did a good job.
Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for two hours of electrical work.
Melanie I.
01/02/2013
It was very hard to get him to come and do the work as he was very booked with work. He did show up on time and did a good job with the work. I would use him again.
Description of Work
He put in a ceiling fan and replaced a light fixture in a bathroom. He fixed an outdoor outlet that was falling out.
electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Phone

7348 Willow Lake Way

Sacramento, CA 95831

Other Information

Services offered

Electrical work: Remodels. Lighting. Ceiling fans. Wiring. Outside motion & security lighting. Landscape lighting. Pool & spa electrical work.

Services not offered

Phone lines, jacks & entertainment.

Payment options