America Maid Clean

Founded 1999 • With Angi since November 2010

4.2

PO Box 1

Sacramento, CA 95826

America Maid Clean is a family run business. We do not use subcontractors. We are licensed for residential cleaning. We offer free estimates. Our rates are $75.00 for the first hour and $25.00 each additional hour. We offer seniors and Angie's members a $10.00 discount on our services.

06/17/2015

Daniel M.

Not so good. Try as we might, they just couldn't understand that cleaning our floors was the highest priority. We were even willing to forego some of the other tasks to focus on our hardwood and tile floors. My wife even stayed home to give personal instruction and direction. After walking through to show areas that were being neglected, the cleaner promptly went about their usual routine, which, as usual, did not leave enough time in the allotted schedule to adequately clean. I'm sure a communication barrier had something to do with it but enough direct conversations with owner did not resolve our concerns. there were some missed appointments with little, if any, notice. I understand a busy schedule and am a little more forgiving of that.

Description of Work
Housecleaning.

02/26/2015

Patricia C.

She did a good job, but it appears she was overwhelmed with the Big Deal program.

Description of Work
This was a Big Deal for 4 hours of housecleaning

01/28/2015

Cathon A.

They were very responsive and very professional.

Description of Work
Housecleaning.

01/26/2015

Joan P.

It worked out fine. They contacted me right away to get the deal scheduled. Four women came and whisped through house in 1 hour. They did a good job at the areas they did do, however there was a section of my living room that they completely missed.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for 4 hours of housecleaning.

01/07/2015

linda L.

Truly excellent, thorough cleaning. I recommend this service highly!

Description of Work
Housecleaning

01/05/2015

Jamie C.

Good work done by a team of 3 - fast and efficient.

Description of Work
Complete house clean

12/24/2014

Jim P.

Good service especially for the price

Description of Work
Used coupon for 12 hour of service $405. Most of service was excellent. Had one day new person worked on bathroom and was not as clean as prior visits. Rochelle had crew back in two days to follow up. We have now started monthly service. Would recommend their company

12/23/2014

Richard L.

Bought the Angie's List deal ($75 for 4 hours of housekeeping). Also bought additional hours for $25 per hour per person. Rochelle and her crew of 3 arrived promptly for a Saturday appointment. Rochelle and her crew worked hard for the entire time they were there. I was impressed with their work. For example, there were some molding in the showers and the bathroom sink. They used their know how and cleaning material to make the shower and bathroom sink look like new. Would definitely recommend for future services...

Description of Work
Providers did a thorough house cleaning.

11/22/2014

Rowena L.

average quality- overpriced for the quality of the job we got.

Description of Work
cleaned requested areas of house

10/30/2014

Richie S.

Three cleaners arrived on time and went right to work. Very professional. They cleaned three bathrooms in the time allotted through the Big Deal I purchased. One shower stall was very dirty, with a heavy layer of soap scum and mineral buildup. So that took awhile. We are very happy with the quality of their work. There were no delays, and no unnecessary small talk that eats up time. Yet they were professional, yet pleasant, and had some suggestions on how to keep things a little cleaner, particularly the show stall.

Description of Work
Cleaned three bathrooms mainly.

10/29/2014

Richard U.

Canceled service do to no show and no call.

Description of Work
Nothing. Was scheduled 10/28,called and said she forgot she had a Dr appt rescheduled for 10/29 at 11am. At 1:30 I her called and got another excuse why she never called or showed up at time set. Said she was on her way, with no phone call from her about the delay I cancelled the service as very unreliable keeping promised time, we used her prior and pretty much same thing happen as had to call her. Her work was good but keeping her schedule is not.

10/15/2014

Robert L.

I called the provider back after noticing one bathroom had not been touched. The owner came back and cleaned up the bathroom, but did not touch the medicine cabinet, which had something spilled in it. After I did a thorough inspection, I called and sent photos to her. She only apologized but did not offer to make good. It appears that they quote on a job for time, and if the job takes longer, they leave without doing what they are supposed to do. Never again will I use this service. They should change their name to America Maid a Mess!!!

Description of Work
I originally contacted the provider to get details regarding the Big Deal. I was informed that since I had a move-out from a tenant, the price would be substantially more. I paid $800, but the provider did a horrible job. Medicine cabinets were not touched in 2 bathrooms, tubs were not cleaned, areas were not vacuumed. This was the worst job, especially for the money paid. Floors were simply mopped with water, not a cleaning substance....Buyer BEWARE.

Category house cleaning

As I recall you did send me photos of one bathroom which the tub and vanity in one bathroom was not cleaned to your satisfaction. I did apologize and said that I would come out redo the bathroom. I cleaned the tub and as for the vanity it had a stain in the left bottom of the cabinet that would not come out. You did not have a medicine cabinet in the bathroom. As for your floors, we use Bono which is a cleaning product for hardwood and laminate floors. Let me refresh your memory as far as the vacuuming is concerned. We could not finish vacuuming because your electrical shorted out. We could not use our vacuums. You had to schedule an electrician to come out. I stand behind my company and that is why I came out myself to make things right. I am truly sorry that you still feel unsatisfied.

09/16/2014

Richard U.

Good but ran out of time to complete whole house as some areas required deep cleaning

Description of Work
Clean

09/07/2014

Rebecca L.

Purchased deal for 4 hours of cleaning. Rochelle showed up with 2 additional people, and they got to work right away. My house needs lots of help, so with only 4 man-hours I asked for specific work (scrub kitchen and master bath). They cleaned very thoroughly, but ran out of time to mop floors (they did vacuum - and my house does need lots of work). I am very pleased with the results. Would certainly hire again.

Description of Work
Housecleaning

09/01/2014

Sandy S.

I live in a small 850 square foot house that has enough stuff in it for a 2,500 foot house, plus 3 small dogs. My house is full of nic-nacs so even though its small, it would be an all day job for more than 2 people to clean. Two women arrived, one of which is the owner. They arrived on time and both were very friendly. I felt immediately at ease when I met them. Since it was a special, they were scheduled to be here two hours. I told them what to focus on and what to let go, which was mostly dealing with all the nic-nacs. They accomplished a lot in two hours and the work they did was really good. They also put things back where they were moved from (but again, remember my house is mostly nic-nacs) but it's nearly impossible to know where all the little things go, but they did a pretty good job figuring it out. They didn't leave a mess behind. I've thought of hiring a cleaning service to come every other week, but I've had reservations because of a bad experience I had with another cleaning company. This was a good investment and America Maid Clean is a good choice.

Description of Work
They did basic housecleaning.

08/28/2014

Donna V.

As I stated above...did not go well.

Description of Work
Deal includes deep cleaning of your kitchen (appliances included). When they arrived I asked can you clean the refrigerator and oven first....She stated for $70.00 more they will clean inside of appliances. Overall never again.

Category house cleaning

The Deal is for a General Clean only. That does include cleaning the outside of all appliances. The only appliance that we do clean inside/out is the microwave oven. We have different charges for cleaning the inside of appliances just like we have a different prices for cleaning windows and carpets. I am sorry that there was a misunderstanding.

08/13/2014

Joan M.

It was hard to get ahold of her and I couldn’t schedule anything with her.

Description of Work
$75 for 4 Hours of Housecleaning

Category house cleaning

I have left my number for [member name removed] to contact me. I have contacted her twice at the number she has left me. I left her a 2 messages at her work. She had left me her work number 452-5500. I do not understand why she did not give me her home phone and why she does not contact me at my cell number which I have left for her. My cell number is also given out when people call my land line.

08/07/2014

Judith J.

Very disapointed in this. When I purchased the Big Deal there was nothing on the page that stated that they would be unable to schedule for several weeks to a month. It's hard to know what sort of crew size she was working with based on the information on her profile and how that would impact availability. I was hoping to hire her for a particular need right now in the hopes I would want to hire her full time in the future. She was very professional on the phone, so I would certainly try again to hire her in the future. Angie's List is helping me find a different provider for now.

Description of Work
We were unable to schedule anything.

07/30/2014

DAVE C.

My usual housecleaner was unable to come due to a family emergency, and I contacted Rochelle who had an Angies List Special of $75 for 4 hours of cleaning. She was very accomodating, and worked me into her schedule the very next day, which I greatly appreciated because we had a wedding coming up soon and family members were flying in to stay with us. She is extremely professional. She did a walk-through with me prior to starting work. She and her 2 helpers worked very hard the entire time. They were very detail-oriented, and did things like clean sliding glass window tracks, dust the baseboards and tops of doors, wipe down cabinets and knobs, and clean the ice dispenser tray of the refrigerator, without being asked. She supervised her helpers closely as well as worked herself. At the end, she did a walk-through with me and showed me what they had done and gave suggestions on how I could maintain the house between cleanings. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone, and would use her again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Cleaned my house

Category house cleaning, window cleaning

06/30/2014

Audrey C.

It went fine. They came when they said. It was a real good time. They were really good. The price was fair. The company called back to make sure it was okay. They were on time and the girl was very professional.

Description of Work
I used them to do window washing in and out and housecleaning. She did regular dusting and mopped the floors.

Category house cleaning, window cleaning

06/17/2014

Brendan M.

Rochelle and her assistant Michelle came and did a full house cleaning for $500. I now employ them once a month to keep the place up. They are very pleasant women who work every minute they are in the house and accommodate any particular requests. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
House cleaning.

08/25/2013

Jack L.

Rochelle is an experienced and very professional house cleaner. She has many years experience as a business person and as a cleaning professional. She gave me excellent tips about ways to maintain my house and about quality household products to use. Rochelle has a small team of cleaners that work with her (1-2 people may accompany her on any cleaning visit). She is the fastest cleaner among them! The team has to really work hard to keep up her pace and to meet her standards. She sets very high cleaning standards. I was happy with all the detail work - great job cleaning the wood blinds, making the bathroom hardware shine, and vacumning inside the couch cushions. She just really knows how to get a home clean. Because she is very experienced, it's easy to work with her. She is very responsive by phone - and has email at her site. She stays on schedule and arrives when she says she will. I recommend her whole-heartedly.

Description of Work
House Cleaning

06/26/2013

Don T.

Rochelle, the owner, is awesome. She was prompt with a call-back and very accommodating for an appointment. She not only makes the appointments but "gloves up" and cleans as well. She came to the home with her crew, assigned everyone a task and got to work. In the brief time I was at the home when they arrived, it was interesting to see how well she directs her team and knows whose the best choice to handle which task. She and her team did a fantastic job; especially given the VERY dirty condition the previous owners left the home in. They cleaned our new home, top to bottom so well, that we had them do a "move out clean" of our old home a few weeks later. I had a VERY picky property manager and not one thing was called out at the move out inspection. The prices were very reasonable, especially given how many were in her crew there were, how long they were there for and how great of a job they did. She even gave me a call the night before the cleaning to remind me to run the oven clean cycle to help get the oven cleaned perfectly. Its those little extra details that show just how much pride people take in their jobs.

Description of Work
Complete Move In/ Move Out House Cleaning

02/08/2013

Scott C.

They did a good job cleaning. I was just surprise on how much it cost. She was kind of deceiving with the price.

Description of Work
America Maid Clean vacuumed, cleaned the glass cabinets, kitchen and bathroom.

09/17/2012

Judith L.

I was very satisfied with the quality of the work and the professional attitude. I provided the cleaning supplies, and they were used as I requested. Also, the tasks that I requested were done very thoroughly. I have another appointment and will continue with them on a regular basis for their excellent services in my home.

Description of Work
whole housecleaning