Airsmiths Heating-Cooling-Insulation

Founded 2001 • With Angi since April 2008

Established in Sacramento since 2001 Specialties - Green building - Heating & Air Conditioning (service & Installation) - Insulation - Weatherization -Radiant flooring - Energy retrofits and more......

Phoenix Energy Solutions Inc

We are a Sacramento local energy solution company. We are a family owned and operated business. We have been serving our clients for nearly 10yrs to help them save energy and have better comfort in their homes. We have a fantastic staff of 6 dedicated team members that strive to consistently provide top rated service to our customers. Our technicians participate in on going annual training and certifications to stay abreast of the industry requirements. No sub contractors or day laborers are used to perform your project.

Offers by Phoenix Energy Solutions Inc on Angi
Rapid First Plumbing

Yup. We changed our name from Rapid Rooter Plumbing to Rapid First Plumbing. Why? First of all, because our clients have called us first since 1974; And, because we are not just a rooter company. We are a full service plumbing company. As Rapid Rooter Plumbing we’ve replaced your water heaters, sewer lines, toilets, and have been elbow deep to keep things flowing. Since you’ve called us first for so long, we simply changed our name to Rapid First Plumbing. Same company, same team, different name, and we look forward to providing you with the same great service.

Ecology Air Innovations Inc.

Deal directly with the Owners! Call 916-640-9464 for our low $49 diagnostic or more information on new Trane systems that start as low as $6,995.00* installed. 0% financing, long term low rate, YGRENE, HERO, SMUD, and all major credit cards. What is Ecology Air? I get this question way more than I ever thought I would. I guess the name Ecology, doesn't exactly bring to mind "heating and air conditioning contractor". This is the brief story on how we knew we had to serve our clients as Ecology Air Innovations. First, and least, the definition: Ecology: the branch of biology that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings. To us, this is You. Your family. Your Home. Your Comfort. Our Science. Second, and the real reason why: Jake and I both worked for Ecology Sprinkler, a successful landscape company owned by Jake's grandparents (Memaw, Billie and Papa Bob.) I presented 3 options of company names to Jake. It wasn't even a discussion. We knew it had to be Ecology Air. We like to keep things simple and flexible for our employees. This includes part time and work from home employment innovations. Jake and I are apart of every single installation, service call, and maintenance. Our continued involvement keeps overhead low and quality of workmanship at it's highest.

Offers by Ecology Air Innovations Inc. on Angi

10/18/2018

Carol M F.

Excellent work and professionalism.

Description of Work
Upstairs separate control system and balloon system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

05/01/2017

Deborah S.

Excellent, very personable, honest.

Description of Work
Good prices, good advice, very satisfied.

12/05/2016

Eugene F.

The main reason we chose this company was because of the rebate he promised us, which was more than his competitors. The work has now been completed for over a year and we have yet to receive any rebate. He also informed us that now, we no longer qualify for the rebate. Also, he nailed boards into the flat roof of the building to install the heaters, which led to a leak that we are now getting fixed.

Description of Work
Install heaters on an apartment building that we own.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]; we fought for the rebates for you with the Utility for months and since this building was a 5 plex (not a 4 plex) they would not pay out for these energy efficient upgrades. Also [Member Name Removed] we don't use nails to nail things into flat roofs. This is basic construction knowledge. I didn't hear anything from you on this point. I will be happy to go look at this and cover any expenses if in we did something wrong there. Please feel free to call me anytime. All the best; Mike

07/28/2016

joyce V.

This is the second time we have used the services of Airsmiths. Two years ago they did an very good job at blowing in extra insulation, and we have really noticed how much cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter the house is. When Our air conditioner failed , we again called them. They did an excellent job at changing out our old heating and cooling system, and putting in the new! On the hottest days, we are cool and comfortable. The workmen were professional and efficient. I recommend Airsmiths, as a fair, and honest company.

Description of Work
a new heating and air conditioner

07/13/2016

Devi E.

I had talked with Airsmiths extensively, 4 or 5 years ago, when I was planning an energy efficiency upgrade on my home. They seemed committed to improving energy using efficiency of the home, but didn't quite have their business plan up and running with the utility rebates, etc. So I ended up going with another company. 2 months ago, my regular trusted HVAC repair folks were unavailable, so I called Airsmiths to repair a 14 year old HVAC system which was sometimes working and sometimes not. This was during the May heat wave. They sent out a technician to assess the problems with the air conditioner. The technician arrived and headed straight to the condenser in the backyard, ran a couple of tests, and announced that the unit was "on its last leg," and would likely need to be replaced ( est. $2,000 - $3,000) but he could replace the transformer (?) transducer (?) and see if that helps. $200 later, he replaced the transducer/transformer (can't remember what it is..), and within 3 days, it was back up to 78 degrees in the house, the unit again not working for days at a time. I called Airsmiths and complained that he charged a lot of money and did not resolve anything. The very nice lady I spoke with suggested sending the same guy out again to repair the unit again, whom she described as their "best technician." She assured me they would not charge me more. I was not comfortable with that, given that he seemed more interested in upselling than repairing. But he came out, this time replacing the "quick-start" on the condenser unit, and again assured me the next step was replacing the whole condenser unit. 2 days later, again the unit was not working. $200 down the tube!!! I called my "regular" HVAC repair folks I have worked with for years, as they were now available. They came out, inspected the inside and outside units, tested the freon and TRX valve. They removed a mylar balloon that was wound around the fan in the attic, and determined that the freon level was low because the TRX valve was not operating correctly. They removed the balloon, replaced the TRX valve, recharged the freon, and for a 5th the price of a new condenser unit (which obviously would not have fixed the problem anyway), the unit is chugging away keeping the house nice and cool, and still is today, 2 months later. Buyer beware! Do NOT call Airsmith for air conditioner repair, they will not do a responsible job. You might as well throw your money into the garbage can!! He never even set foot inside to test the inside unit, or tested the freon or TRX valve. I am so glad I didn't waste another dime on them, but of course am furious that I threw $200 at the wrong repair.

Description of Work
Air conditioner was on-again, off-again. I called them to assess and repair the system during a heat wave.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

This persons review is missing some important information: 1) the technician was giving you options for replacing a beat up old AC that runs on the older and outlawed refrigerant and gave you the choice to repair or replace. 2) your transformer was in fact bad and this did fix the 'initial' issue but your AC had more issues downstream that were not diagnosed as the units readings checked out ok. 3) upon coming back the technician did in fact misdiagnose (which he had many calls that day and was probably moving too fast = he was disciplined for this btw) the system clearly and a huge fact that you leave out with your smear campaign is : YOU WERE NEVER CHARGED THAT MONEY FOR THAT CALL!! 4) you then go on a tirade of bad reviewing us to all platforms you could find and make it sound like we were trying to rip you off leaving out the true facts of the matter. 5) your tech you usually use would have had to go thru the exact steps we did and since he had us out first and the data about what we did; he was able to more easily determine where to go and dug into the air handling/evaporator portion of the system and found the issue. The above are the facts and are true and correct. Signed; Michael Smith (Owner - Airsmiths Home Performance)

12/21/2015

sheri W.

What a JOY- proffesional- Honest- fixed heater - did not charge for service call as deducted from cost of repairs. Will join their service club. Greatfull. I found their card . Highly recommend them. no pressure about why it was important that I take membership.

Description of Work
fixed my heater. JR {Putman come out on 15th gave me a price of $540.00 after calling three times & asking for details to be sent to my e-mail.

04/14/2015

JOHN S.

These guys were great. My heater wasn't functioning and I wanted to get someone to my house THAT day so I wouldn't be cold all weekend. I called my usual guy but he couldn't help til following Tuesday. Airsmiths had come to my landlord's house once when I was a renter and I remember thinking they were competent and honest (a couple of firms we had had out were HORRIBLE), so I gave them a call. Airsmiths told me they could come out later in the day. Michael the owner came out, and he was excellent. He diagnosed problem quickly (a clogged filter in a location that I didn't even know about), and showed me how to maintain the system better so I wouldn't have this problem again. He also took a few minutes to explain a couple of other things about the system to help with maintenance. Best of all, even though my system is ancient, he DIDN'T try to sell me a new one (I'll let this one fail before I replace it). No upselling, etc. -- he just came on time and helped me with my problem and was on his way. He also gave a small discount for AL, even though I'm not sure AL lists him as giving a discount. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
service call for central heater not functioning.

01/05/2015

Mary C.

His workers, Jared and Jose, were professional and very thorough! They were the best subcontractor on our remodeling project! Mike gave advice based on what was best for my place and not the most expensive option.

Description of Work
Remove old attic insulation and place new insulation

10/13/2014

joyce V.

Prompt, polite, and professional, is how I would describe the work , and the workers.. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who would need insulation, or heating and air work done.

Description of Work
Checked over our air conditioner, and replaced a worn part. (he even showed us how the part tested out) Serviced our heating system. Had his men add insulation to our attic, so it is double what it was to begin with.

07/17/2014

Jeffrey A.

Do not update your home to be more energy efficient... Unless you use AirSmiths! We had several "Big Dogs" come through to price us out. They said most of the right things, but when it came down to it, our project was either "too small" for them to deal with or they wouldn't accommodate our specific requests. Mike Smith (get it: AirSMITHs) was referred to me and I figured we would at least see what they have to say. Boy, were we glad! Mike was so thorough and knowledgeable. We explained what we were doing and what we wanted to do and how we were hoping it could be done. He was spot-on with every recommendation. We had the fortune of having the walls and ceiling opened up which allowed us to choose the Blown-In-Blanket (BIB) for exterior walls. It looked so clean and well done. I took lots of photos! They also helped us set up the SMUD Home Energy program for great qualifying rebates. We were simply going to insulate and replace some old ducts, but we were so impressed with how they handled that job, we decided to go all out and have them replace our HVAC and water heater! The big companies who thought our project was too small just lost a big project after all. I cannot say enough good stuff about Airsmiths. If you don't call them, you can't complain. We are talking about the air you will be breathing.

Description of Work
Wall insulation (Blown-in-Blanket) Duct Replacement HVAC replacement Duct burying Water Heater replacement Attic sealing Duct burying Attic Insulation Thermostat (NEST) installation Home Energy Rebate assistance Financing assistance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,water heater repair,air duct cleaning,energy audit

INSTALLATION, SERVICE & MAINTENANCE, HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING, AIR DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS, DUCT WORK, ZONING SYSTEMS, INSULATION & RADIANT BARRIER, WATER HEATING (heating systems of all types), RADIANT FLOOR HEATING SYSTEMS, INTEGRATED SOLAR POWER & HEATING SYSTEMS, MOISTURE CONTROL, ENERGY AUDITS, HOME PERFORMANCE DIAGNOSTICS. ADDITIONAL SERVICES OFFERED LISTED ON WEBSITE.