A BETTER TREE SERVICE

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2006

Since 1998, A Better Tree Service, a California Certified Small Business has been serving the Sacramento Valley and surrounding communities. Committed to customer service, our business success we owe to you, our clients. Licensed by the State of California Contractors State License Board #1002115, our ISA Certified Arborist WE-9721A is available for consultations and free estimates. With a no pressure approach, we simply present the information needed to choose the service that best suits your needs. Prompt and professional service by our team is our pledge to each and every client. Our desire is to provide A Better Tree Service to our clients and our community while setting the standard for professional tree care....

Source Volt

We remain committed to excellence, and we’re not satisfied unless our customer is satisfied. From the first blade of grass we mow to the last bulb we plant, our experience and expertise informs everything we do.

Amputee For Hire

I specialize in yard rehab. If you have a special project in mind or your interested in transforming your yard, I’m your guy. I do sod removal and installation, mulch, gravel, hedge trimming, I repair or install sprinklers, build privacy fences or repair them, I also do pressure washing. I am an amputee, I have one arm and I am a United States Navy vet. I offer discounts for our military, active or retired as well as first responders. I opened my business a year and half ago. I am the owner and operator but I do have a crew for the big jobs. No job is to big or to small.

Sprinkler Nightmare Repair

Locally owned and operated backed with over 7 years of experience. A top notch sprinkler repair service is one phone call away - (916) 583-3809. Reach Sprinkler Nightmare Repair and we will exceed your expectations.

02/22/2019

Kathleen G.

This company is highly professional and knowledgeable. They responded quickly to our request for an estimate. We went with them even though theirs was not the lowest price. We were very impressed with their arborists knowledge. They were also able to schedule the removal right away. One other company we contacted needed 3 or 4 weeks lead time. A Better Tree Service took the tree down quickly and returned to take out the stump. They were very careful with structures around the tree and did a great job of cleaning up and hauling everything away. We highly recommend this company and will use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
Removal of tree

Category tree service

Taking the time to walk through, evaluate health, assess risk & determine a course of action is important. Thanks for taking the extra time to walk through! Regards, Jeff

09/17/2017

Cullen S.

........................................................................................

Description of Work
......................................................................

08/07/2017

Frank J.

I got great advice and demonstration from the Certified Arborist.

Description of Work
Consultation on eliminating Wild Willows in my yard.

06/02/2017

Sarah K.

Super job - great crew of 8 for a full day including 3 climbers. Appreciated their focus on safety (one climber went up a 100 foot redwood to remove dead top.). From the initial walk-through and estimate by Lori, to crew supervisor Sean and owner Jeff, everyone was friendly, professional and pleasant to have around. The crew displayed real team work and clean up was amazing. I put this project off for years - if I'd known it would have been this stress free and well executed, I would have done it earlier. Kudos to all at A Better Tree Service for a job well done.

Description of Work
Trimming 15 olives, valley oaks and tall redwoods.

03/15/2017

Jean H.

A trust their judgement on my large trees and major shrubs.

Description of Work
Trees and shrub services. Cutting and pruning

12/06/2016

Marshan W.

I think they're an excellent company.

Description of Work
I used A BETTER TREE SERVICE once for tree removal and tree trimming.

03/07/2016

Pat A.

Pruned one 60 foot Sycamore tree to improve structural safety. Removed limb end-weight and did corrective pruning up to 25% in order to redirect growth upward and realign and balance tree. Lifted branches hanging over street to 14 feet for truck clearance. Removed dying 50 foot Silver Maple and ground the stump. Redirected traffic and dropped the tree perfectly. Got the street cleared in less than 20 minutes. Originally we were going to have the tree pruned but Jeff pointed out it was dying and strongly recommended removing it instead. A six man crew worked all day. Jeff directed the structural work and dropping of the tree. The branches were chipped onsite and the wood chips left in our yard at our request. Excellent work, good coordination among crew members, and a fair price. Jeff is an ISA certified arborist which was important to us.

Description of Work
Structural pruning on mature 60 foot Sycamore tree and removal of 50 foot Silver Maple.

02/08/2016

Diane V.

I selected A Better Tree Service based on Angie's List reviews and I was very happy with the services received. Earlier, the owner Jeffery Strader (Certified Arborist) came to our house and walked the property with us, assessing and discussing each tree and what we wanted done. Jeff is very knowledgeable and passionate about good tree care. We discussed each action wanted and Jeff explained what he could do and how it would affect the tree. He gave us an estimate on the spot and we agreed. Rain and emergency services delayed the work, but communications with the company were excellent and we were kept well informed of all schedule changes and why they were happening -- no problems with their reasons. On Friday Feb 5th a five man crew showed up and went to work. About 15% of our two oaks was trimmed away and they both look much better for it -- and all the branches that were going toward our roof are now well away from it. As requested, the crew removed a 20' crepe myrtle, a 20' persimmon, and a 30' cherry tree and ground all the stumps well below ground level. An old olive stump was also ground out. Three other trees were trimmed. All waste was cleared away and, at our request, the shredded material was left for us to use as mulch. The crew was prompt, polite, and very professional in their work -- and very tolerant of many questions about what they were doing and why. While they worked quickly and steadily, it was obvious that they were very careful in their work and always keeping their own safety well in mind. All told, they worked for about six hours. We think we got great work and excellent value for the $3,550 we paid. We will use this service again in about 3 - 5 years when it is needed and we fully recommend them to anyone needing professional tree services.

Description of Work
Trimmed two large oaks, one of them a Heritage Oak which required a city permit, trimmed three other trees, and removed three trees and grind out the stumps.

Category landscaping,tree service

02/13/2015

Rosalyn F.

Of the arborists we got estimates from, it was clear that Jeff is an expert in his field. We had the neighbor's permission to thin, cut back, etc.. on his tree, but not only can that go wrong, but I learned that it can be done in a way that will encourage even -more- growth on our side in both the branches and the roots. That was the cheaper way we had been quoted, but we're convinced this is the -right- way. Jeff took the chance of not getting the bid by having a higher price than the other guys, because he knew in the long run this would serve us better. It won't sacrifice their tree, and will save our property from the ever-encroaching tree. Job well done! The guys arrived on time, were very professional, and took great care to protect our home and property and clean up completely afterward! And man, do they have the tools to get the job done! Last, there were a couple of small things we noticed after they were gone. I emailed about it, and they had guys out the next day to take care of it--so responsive! This neighbor's tree will need a little tweaking from time to time and we will definitely have Jeff's company do the work. Highly recommend. So thankful for Angie's List!

Description of Work
Removed two Bradford Pear trees, thinned and cut back bushes in front yard, planted 3 photinia bushes on tier where trees were removed, trimming back surrounding photinia to allow light for new bushes & gently shaped remaining photinia, and extensively pruned one side of our neighbor's huge water oak that was encroaching on our yard and house.

01/12/2015

David P.

They performed the tree removal quickly while I was at work. The tree was cut up into managable sizes for me to dispose of.

Description of Work
They removed an Italian Cypress from the backyard. This tree was 18 inches from the roof, and approximately 70 feet tall. I decided to use a professional, because it was more than a 1 person job.

A BETTER TREE SERVICE

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2006

3117 El Camino Ave

Sacramento, CA 95821

A Better Tree Service provides 24 hour emergency tree service, tree removal, pruning, thinning, crown cleaning, raising and lifting of lower crown, crown reduction, structural corrections, tree planting, brush chipping, cabling and bracing, stump removal and consulting.

We do not top trees. We do not spray trees for mildew, fungus nor insects.