A-1 PROFESSIONAL HOME SERVICES by A-1 Chimney Inc.

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2005

Thank You for your inquiry. Chimney Cleaning & Inspection $299.99. Availability is on a first come first served basis. We have openings within 2 weeks. Please call us 916-927-4235 Contractors License #752737 since 1998. Workers Comp & General Liability. www.A1ProfessionalHomeServices.com

chimney sweep (229)chimney repair (49)fireplace services (37)gutter cleaning (32)dryer vent cleaning (26)chimney cap repair (16)masonry (9)gas fireplace repair (7)air duct cleaning (7)gutter repair (5)appliance repair (5)pressure washing (4)

11/22/2022

Ciara C.

Had this company come out just to clean the fireplace and our dryer vent. The technician that worked on it clearly didn’t know what he was doing and the tech that was supervising him was outside in the car waiting. When he cleaned my dryer vent he made a mess and scratched up my brand new washer and dryer. He also stepped on the plug breaking it and almost causing a fire with my newborn baby and wife in the house because he said nothing. I came into the laundry room after he packed up and was about to pull away. I ran outside to tell him it was a mess and my dryer is dented and scratched as well as my washer. They are brand new just bought them and if they were delivered with a scratch would have been replaced by Home Depot. I had to call over and over in order to get someone to acknowledge the fact that this happened, continually being questioned are you sure the washer and dryer aren’t ten years old? I literally bought them a few months back and told them I had receipts to prove it. Then they tried to tell me their tech didn’t step on my plug ripping it out of the wall. I told them we had zero issues before they came out. My wife smelt the burning from the front of the house and stopped it or we would have had a fire confirmed by the electrician. The electrician told me it was definitely because of their tech and then I let the owner Martin know. He still tried to deny it and said he called them and they said it was our plugs fault it wears overtime. I then gave him the number of the electrician that came out and told him he was wrong again. Just very upsetting that someone puts your family in danger and continues to try and say it’s your issue. The electrician said because the tech stepped on it and didn’t say anything ripping it out of the wall chords came disconnected and we’re touching causing it to burn. Still trying to get someone out to fix the dents. He has paid me $300 for scratches on washer and got the electrician out after over a week of me bugging them but still waiting on someone to try to pull dents out of my washer. They said they will let me know when they have someone available. Very unprofessional and I’ve been communicating with owner the whole time. If you want to have someone put your family at risk and damage your proper Definitely go with these guys.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney and dryer vent

01/05/2022

Hilary C.

I called and specifically made sure they knew i needed my fireplace cleaned out because the glass was black and a service to make sure everything was up and running. when the tech arrived, he and his partner said they don’t clean fireplaces. they didn’t examine my fireplace and didn’t even turn it on and asked for the $129 service fee. I said i didn’t think I should pay since I was clear about the cleaning and they didn’t do that or service it. He told me to call the owner who told me ‘too bad. you should have told us it was electric’. she berated me and bullied me and interrupted so much that she wasn’t even listening to me. it just felt very much a scam to me. I was clear and they were incredibly rude and unprofessional. I can’t believe how condescending and belittling the owner was. She scoffed at me and said she was the owner when I asked to speak to someone else. I just said I was clear about what I needed and you guys didnt service or even turn on the fireplace. I shouldn’t have to pay the full amount for a service. She finally agreed to a very small discount. I felt bullied by her and intimidated to pay because the technicians wouldn’t leave until I paid. And then payment was to his personal Venmo, not even a business name. It just 100% feels like a scam business and they took total advantage of me as a single mom. They finally left and I was just in tears for how terrible it was and to have to pay for nothing. DO NOT USE THEM.

Description of Work
Fireplace clean and service

Category appliance repair, chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 01/04/2022

MISTAKEN IDENTITY - There are several chimney companies using 'A-1 Chimney' in there name. That’s been a confusion when posting reviews. [Member Name Removed] C. I'm so sorry you had this experience. That sounds terrible. Let me reassure you this is a Mistaken Identity. The items below explain why we are not the company that came out to your home. 1) When I type in your name [Member Name Removed] C. in our Customer Base software you do not show up. 2) You mention that they charged $129, we can't afford to charge that low of a price due to Workers Compensation and General Liability Insurances and other overhead expenses. 3) You mention 2 Technicians came out to service you. We only have 1 Tech per vehicle. Again, we can't afford to send 2 Techs in one vehicle for only $129. The only time we send 2 Techs is if we are doing repairs and heavy inserts. 4) You mentioned that they (the 2 technicians) said to call the owner "and she berated me and bullied me"… "she scoffed at me". The owner & manager of the company are males not females. To confirm this please click the link below to see our Contractors License on the Contractors State License Board {CSLB} https://www.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServices/CheckLicenseII/PersonnelList.aspx?LicNum=752737&LicName=A+-+1+CHIMNEY+INC 5) You mentioned payment was to 'his personal Venmo'. We use a app called 'Global One Pay'. All of our technicians have this downloaded on their mobile devices. We recently switched to Hand Held Terminal Devices. 6) You mention 'it just 100% feels like a scam business'. You're absolutely correct. However, we are NOT the company that scammed you. You're not the only one that has experienced the same thing. We are being proactive about making the public aware of this. {{Please click the link below to see the CONSUMER BEWARE page on our website.}} https://a1professionalhomeservices.com/consumer_beware/ Final Thought: If you are convinced that 'A1 Professional Home Services by A1Chimney Inc. is not the company you hired, we ask that you please remove this review. 916-927-4235

02/19/2021

Ranae B.

The service was efficient and prompt. The problem with getting a copy of the receipt was very time consuming and irritating. Adina, a helpful employee, was able to finally remedy the hang up.

Description of Work
chimney sweep & ispect

Category appliance repair, chimney sweep

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

12/30/2020

Lionel R.

It went well. Josh knowledge help us have piece of mind. The previous owners never use the fireplace and we wanted to make sure it was clean and inspected. He was not here long but his knowledge was worth it.

Description of Work
Clean fireplace

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

05/26/2020

Richard W.

The tech did the work efficiently and it appears to have been done well. He was courteous and friendly. We would hire A-1 again.

Description of Work
Clean out dryer vent

Category dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

Thanks Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We try our best to give good customer service. Take Care & Stay Safe!!!

04/25/2020

Michelle H.

It was just fine. Best to replace before they go out.

Description of Work
Replace basement water heater

Category water heater repair, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 04/25/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]

02/16/2020

Kakwasi S.

He was timely, neat, friendly and offered helpful tips for maintaining my dryer and chimney.

Description of Work
dryer duct cleaned and chimney swept

Category chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 02/15/2020

Thanks for positive feedback!

02/05/2020

Gary G.

Great service again! I've used A-1 for years and their tech this time (Joel) did a fine job, just as I expected. Friendly, courteous, professional, punctual, and efficient. I'm very pleased and will use A-1 again for my future dryer vent cleanings. They also gave me a $10 discount since I'm a repeat customer. They've greatly expanded their list of services offered. So, I also plan to use them in the future to periodically clean my roof-mounted solar panels.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning

Category dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for your positive feedback. I will definitely let Joel know. Thank You for your business. I'm glad that you we can still impress you after all these years! Lol

12/22/2019

Nancy R.

Fine. He was here for less then 1 hour

Description of Work
Cleaning fireplace.

Cost $179.99

Work Completed On 12/22/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your feedback! Less than an hour is the average. Depending on how much buildup is in the chimney and accessibility for safety, it could be longer than an hour.

12/20/2019

Richard R.

The chimney sweep, Joel, did a terrific job, not only sweeping the chimney but cleaning the whole fireplace of ash that was left from previous fires. The chimney previously put a lot of smoke into the house. Now there is not a hint of smoke. I will definitely hire A1 Chimney Inc. again the next time the chimney needs a good sweep.

Description of Work
Chimney sweeping and repair of fireplace cracks.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! I will let Joel know your commendation! Another tip for minimizing smoke smell is to close off the damper when NOT in use. Glass Doors help as well. Thanks for your business!

11/06/2019

Elaine M.

didn't expect a small interior masonry repair to be sooo- expensive. Otherwise, the job went well. The technician was particularly personable and precise..

Description of Work
chimney sweep and repair plus dryer vent

Category chimney sweep, masonry, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

Mrs. [Member Name Removed]! Glad to hear everything went well with the Technician. Thanks!

09/23/2019

Bradley J.

The cleaning went well and the fireplace brick repair and replace was more involved. Alan did a great job and offered solutions for cutting the new brick and keeping the look nice and safe. I'd definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned, fireplace brick replaced, dryer vent cleaned.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 09/22/2019

Thanks Mr [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your feedback. I will let Allan know! Appreciate your business!

09/13/2019

Brad J.

Fine, but since the chimney is two stories, not sure if they got all the way up.

Description of Work
chimney cleaning

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

Greetings Mr. [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for your feed back and concern. I looked at your file. The type of Fireplace you have is called a Prefab Fireplace (short for Prefabricated). The method of cleaning used in our industry is inserting Brushes & Rods from the bottom through the damper area all the way to the top where the cap is. This method ensures that the soot is cleaned from top to bottom. Hope this helps! Thanks for using A-1

05/21/2019

KATHLEEN M.

great, however I haven't had a fire in the fireplace as of yet.

Description of Work
chimney cleaning

Work Completed On 05/03/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! I noticed that there are some repairs noted on the inspection report. We are having a special in the month of June for 10% off of all repairs. If you would like to take advantage please reply to the email you received from us with the word 'Approved'. Thanks again for your business!

12/20/2018

Serena P.

This was the first time I've hired A-1 Chimney and Dryer Vent Cleaning. The service was fantastic! I will definitely hire them again. (In fact, as soon as he left, I added the company name and contact information in my contacts.) I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning

Work Completed On 12/20/2018

Thank You [Member Name Removed]! It's good to know you were satisfied with our service.

12/18/2018

Joseph A.

The workers were very courteous and professional and explained everything in detail.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning, dryer vent and gutter

Category chimney sweep, gutter cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

Thank You!!!

12/01/2018

Kristi B.

Thank you Joel for doing such a great job and going above and beyond. Great service!!!

Description of Work
Chimney clean

Work Completed On 12/01/2018

Thank You!

11/02/2018

Robert G.

Did a very thorough job. Conscientious crew.

Description of Work
Stove Pipe cleaning

Work Completed On 11/02/2018

Thank You!

02/19/2018

Kate G.

Very professional, thorough, and efficient. Great communitcation, and care not to bring new dirt into the house.

Description of Work
We needed an assessment of our chimney/firebox and a cost for any needed repairs.

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! It's always nice to hear a positive review!

01/24/2018

Lem B.

It went great, Lee arrived on time and completed the work in a quick and proficient manner he even put a clamp on the hose from the dryer to the wall to better secure it at no charge. We will definitely use A 1 Chimney service again.

Description of Work
We had the dryer vent cleaned

Work Completed On 01/24/2018

Thank You! We will let Lee know!!!

12/11/2017

William M.

After a shaky start, (tech said he was not informed about my raised hearth and wood stove, and I instructed him on how it had been done previously so he would not have to come back with help) then he did a very thorough job. Nice guy.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

12/08/2017

a C.

He arrived on time, got both items cleaned in a timely manner. Very informative and great attitude. He also showed me pictures of my chimney and provided additional feedback on other options available for the future. I really felt like he enjoyed helping his customers.

Description of Work
Chimney & Dryer Vent Cleaned

Category chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

10/22/2017

Bill T.

Showed up early. Did both jobs. No problems

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned and leaves blown off of roof.

Category chimney sweep, leaf removal